PDA

View Full Version : CNN: 5 Things We Learned from Thursdays Debate

Tyler_Durden
01-27-2012, 08:13 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/27/politics/five-things-florida-debate/index.html

Paul plays the charmer

While the rest of the candidates were battering each other with tough words and harsh accusations, Ron Paul killed them with kindness.

Though he sometimes comes off as cantankerous and overly excitable, Paul was charming, witty and warm on Thursday. His sense of humor was finely tuned, even when criticizing his foes.
Responding to Gingrich's space talk, Paul joked: "I don't think we should go to the moon. I think we maybe should send some politicians up there."

When Blitzer asked the 76-year old Paul if he would release his medical records, Paul offered an enthusiastic yes.
"I'm willing to challenge any of these gentlemen up here to a 25-mile bike ride any time of the day in the heat of Texas," he said, eliciting laughter from the rest of the candidates.

He even managed to work in a plug a cookbook authored by his wife, "The Ron Paul Cookbook."

However, Paul was certainly not just comic relief. He won cheers for promising to slash the budget by a trillion dollars and concisely delivered his arguments for reducing the size of Washington. It was one of his best debate nights in months.

Gary4Liberty
01-27-2012, 08:21 AM
ya and his medical records are only 1 page long if that he said.

Highstreet
01-27-2012, 08:54 AM
He needs to release those records.

Cinderella
01-27-2012, 08:57 AM
yeah and the others should have to release theirs too....Im sorry but newt looks like hes a cheesburger away from a heart attack, stroke, or diabetic coma.