PDA

View Full Version : Veterans (and anyone who knows a vet)

PolicyReader
01-27-2012, 06:02 AM
“CVRP is a grassroots veterans group focused on providing a policy perspective from the men and women who have served our country. We invite everyone to look at our site and resources.

We are also recruiting new contributors so if you are a vet, that would like to be heard on the issues that matter to you please contact us.

Web: http://cvrp2012.com/about/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CVRP2012 “

Please pass this message along to any RP supportive Veterans you know (or active duty personnel who are willing/able to contribute within their capacity as privet individuals. We want eyes on with this one but aren't asking anyone to violate regs or get themselves in trouble).

A closing note, while the group is chartered around combat veterans expressing their views regarding foreign policy the contributions of all veterans (combat or no) on all subjects are welcome.

Thank you very much for your time and help in spreading the word.
:cool: Ron Paul in 2012 for Liberty :cool:

Link to archives provided for any who need copies of their paper work to attend the march (thanks to Todd for providing it)
http://www.archives.gov/veterans/

Update regarding the march:
RON PAUL IS THE CHOICE OF THE TROOPS – AND HE NEEDS YOU NOW! (http://cvrp2012.com/2012/02/06/ron-paul-is-the-choice-of-the-troops-and-he-needs-you-now/)
6 FEB 2012
by Adam Kokesh

european
01-27-2012, 06:45 AM
For you I take my hat off.

And I suppose you can find a lot of likeminded veterans over here: http://www.facebook.com/events/192677970828185/

:D

I guess all of you guys/girls go to the march as well (if you are able to go ofcourse).

+rep for your efforts and you got yourself a good looking website.

Sematary
01-27-2012, 07:01 AM
I want to march but I probably haven't seen my discharge papers in 30 years. I guess I can go down and support or walk behind the formation. Going to try and get some other people to go, too

jeremiahj13
01-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Well , I really have no means of trans + getting off work..

libertarian4321
01-27-2012, 08:57 AM
They really shouldn't have named this group "COMBAT" Veterans for Ron Paul because the overwhelming majority of veterans are not combat veterans, a distinction which most civilians (the people we are trying to influence) do not make- to the average guy or gal on the street, a veteran is a veteran.

I know the OP says they want the opinions of every veteran, but I wonder how many veterans who didn't serve in combat took a quick look at the sight and said "oh, I'm not a combat veteran, I don't belong here."

PolicyReader
01-27-2012, 07:00 PM
They really shouldn't have named this group "COMBAT" Veterans for Ron Paul because the overwhelming majority of veterans are not combat veterans, a distinction which most civilians (the people we are trying to influence) do not make- to the average guy or gal on the street, a veteran is a veteran.

I know the OP says they want the opinions of every veteran, but I wonder how many veterans who didn't serve in combat took a quick look at the sight and said "oh, I'm not a combat veteran, I don't belong here."

This is actually something that's happened a few times (even just within my personal knowledge), which is why I've been trying to clarify. The group itself was started by several combat veterans and the name just sort of followed from that.

I'm really hoping to get the word out and gather more vets to be involved with this project. I can't go into details because nothings finalized yet but there's some hope this site/group can become a resource for some of the Super PAC efforts. And the more contributors the more valuable a resource we can provide.

As to the march it's absolutely on the radar (and I personally think it's a great idea).

One last note since as a fan of liberty I support open dealings. I personally am not a veteran I'm just a member of the "beyond the yellow ribbon" crowd who volunteered to do some of the leg work for our vets in this group/provide what support they ask of me so that they can focus on other matters.

Thank you to everyone for reading and spreading the word. The more faces we can put to those donation figures the better for the cause of liberty.

Icymudpuppy
01-27-2012, 07:48 PM
I am Captain Jack R Thompson of the US Army.

I served from May 2000 until January 2010 and was deployed to Iraq in 2003 and 2004, and was activated in support of Afghanistan operations from 2009 to 2010.

I led over 400 missions in Iraq. Most of which were routine patrols, but also several search and destroy, prisoner transport, route clearing, and IED demolition missions.

I also managed infrastructure construction projects with local national contractors in Iraq, and handled security pass identification and issuance with all contractors and employees assigned to those projects.

It didn’t take long after my arrival in Iraq to learn that the excuse that “they hate us because we are rich and free” was a bald faced lie. It also didn’t take long for me to realize that Iraq had no part of 9/11, and was not involved with Al-Qaeda.

I became dramatically obvious on the very day that Saddam was captured, during my 3rd month in country, that the people of Iraq were only tolerating our occupation because they really did want Saddam gone. Once he was captured, they dropped all pretense of toleration, and made it clear in both words and actions that continued occupation and the checkpoints, raids, curfews, blockades, and tyranny that go along with occupation would no longer be acceptable. Our job was done, and we needed to go home.

When we stuck around, they began to fight us. It was clear to me at that time, that the Iraqi insurgents only fought because we were occupying them. They did not want to be occupied by a foreign military.

In the 2004 primaries, I was casting my support behind General Wesley Clark in the Democratic Primary, because he was the only candidate who understood this concept of blowback. When he lost the primaries, and John Kerry ran against George Bush, I could not support either party. I ended up casting my absentee ballot for Ralph Nader with the Reform Party that year as a protest vote.

In 2007 when I first learned about Ron Paul, I finally found a candidate that actually understood what motivates hatred against America. It is the tyranny that we impose abroad, both directly through our military interventionism, our bombing campaigns that kill innocents, our sanctions that deprive innocents of basic supplies, and indirectly through our propping up of brutal dictators, our financial aid to both sides that perpetuates conflicts, and our overthrow of justly elected leaders. Ron Paul is someone who actually understands blowback, and presents the constitutional platform of declared war, and the Christian philosophy of Just War.

Only Ron Paul understands and is equipped with the knowledge to execute a Foreign Policy of Peace and Freedom.

Captain Jack R Thompson
US Army (Armored Cavalry)

PolicyReader
01-28-2012, 02:46 AM
I'll write an endorsement when I have a chance.

Thank you very much.

XNavyNuke
01-28-2012, 10:50 AM

It's like the difference in qualifying for the VFW or the American Legion. I know the difference between the two, however you are right, the average person does not. Doesn't bother me in the least.

XNN

Vet_from_cali
01-28-2012, 12:19 PM
In on this :toady:

Todd
01-28-2012, 12:26 PM
I want to march but I probably haven't seen my discharge papers in 30 years. I guess I can go down and support or walk behind the formation. Going to try and get some other people to go, too

PolicyReader
01-28-2012, 07:46 PM

Thanks to all who've contributed and/or spread the word so far, also I'm going to add this link to the original post in case anyone else can use it. :)

PolicyReader
01-29-2012, 03:38 PM
bump

Sematary
01-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Does it matter that I performed my service and got out 30 years ago? Non-combat obviously since the only "war" we were engaged in was the cold war. I gotta tell you - being in the armored cav and knowing that our mission was to use howitzers to fire battlefield nuclear weapons SHOULD be considered combat (not really). I was scared to DEATH we were actually going to use those things some day. And REAGAN was president and I thought he might.

Sematary
01-29-2012, 04:11 PM
I'll be going (and I'm trying to talk my oldest daughter into going-she IS a combat vet - Iraq) but I'm taking my 11 year old so I'll either march with family/friends behind, or line up on the street to support. Either way, I'll be there.

PolicyReader
01-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Does it matter that I performed my service and got out 30 years ago? Non-combat obviously since the only "war" we were engaged in was the cold war. I gotta tell you - being in the armored cav and knowing that our mission was to use howitzers to fire battlefield nuclear weapons SHOULD be considered combat (not really). I was scared to DEATH we were actually going to use those things some day. And REAGAN was president and I thought he might.

Time of service is not a limiter. I look at it this way, each veteran is an individual who has a unique perspective to speak from, the more voices we have the better. Thanks for your interest :)

PolicyReader
01-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Quick bump for visibility.

deputydon
01-30-2012, 03:42 PM
I wish I was already a vet. Right now I'm in the process of losing some pounds to join the Air Force.

PolicyReader
02-02-2012, 03:26 PM
bump

PolicyReader
02-03-2012, 04:07 AM
bump for visibility

XTreat
02-03-2012, 06:08 AM
I am Captain Jack R Thompson of the US Army.

I served from May 2000 until January 2010 and was deployed to Iraq in 2003 and 2004, and was activated in support of Afghanistan operations from 2009 to 2010.

I led over 400 missions in Iraq. Most of which were routine patrols, but also several search and destroy, prisoner transport, route clearing, and IED demolition missions.

I also managed infrastructure construction projects with local national contractors in Iraq, and handled security pass identification and issuance with all contractors and employees assigned to those projects.

It didn’t take long after my arrival in Iraq to learn that the excuse that “they hate us because we are rich and free” was a bald faced lie. It also didn’t take long for me to realize that Iraq had no part of 9/11, and was not involved with Al-Qaeda.

I became dramatically obvious on the very day that Saddam was captured, during my 3rd month in country, that the people of Iraq were only tolerating our occupation because they really did want Saddam gone. Once he was captured, they dropped all pretense of toleration, and made it clear in both words and actions that continued occupation and the checkpoints, raids, curfews, blockades, and tyranny that go along with occupation would no longer be acceptable. Our job was done, and we needed to go home.

When we stuck around, they began to fight us. It was clear to me at that time, that the Iraqi insurgents only fought because we were occupying them. They did not want to be occupied by a foreign military.

In the 2004 primaries, I was casting my support behind General Wesley Clark in the Democratic Primary, because he was the only candidate who understood this concept of blowback. When he lost the primaries, and John Kerry ran against George Bush, I could not support either party. I ended up casting my absentee ballot for Ralph Nader with the Reform Party that year as a protest vote.

In 2007 when I first learned about Ron Paul, I finally found a candidate that actually understood what motivates hatred against America. It is the tyranny that we impose abroad, both directly through our military interventionism, our bombing campaigns that kill innocents, our sanctions that deprive innocents of basic supplies, and indirectly through our propping up of brutal dictators, our financial aid to both sides that perpetuates conflicts, and our overthrow of justly elected leaders. Ron Paul is someone who actually understands blowback, and presents the constitutional platform of declared war, and the Christian philosophy of Just War.

Only Ron Paul understands and is equipped with the knowledge to execute a Foreign Policy of Peace and Freedom.

Captain Jack R Thompson
US Army (Armored Cavalry)

Were you with the 2nd ACR? I was attached to them in 2003-2004 and was in Sadr City.

PolicyReader
02-07-2012, 04:12 PM
RON PAUL IS THE CHOICE OF THE TROOPS – AND HE NEEDS YOU NOW! (http://cvrp2012.com/2012/02/06/ron-paul-is-the-choice-of-the-troops-and-he-needs-you-now/)
6 FEB 2012
by Adam Kokesh

heavenlyboy34
02-07-2012, 04:14 PM
+rep for the OP. :D

PolicyReader
02-07-2012, 04:48 PM
+rep for the OP. :D

Also general comment for my last post, the linked article is regarding the upcoming march, be sure to take a look and spread the word.

PolicyReader
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Army Ranger Capt. Antonio Buehler on Ron Paul
http://youtu.be/3dUO-oPOLTo

still looking for more endorsements and contributions (see the OP) thanks :)

PolicyReader
02-09-2012, 03:00 AM
bump to take the initiative for 2012 :)

Godmode7
02-09-2012, 04:18 AM
I have a CVRP bumper sticker on my car:D

phill4paul
02-09-2012, 04:30 AM

I don't know how you could expedite a DD214 but I'd give it a shot. Maybe ask your local congressman and say you need it for much needed benefits?

PolicyReader
02-10-2012, 06:51 PM
I have a CVRP bumper sticker on my car:D
Nice :D

PolicyReader
02-14-2012, 07:03 PM
bump

DamianTV
02-14-2012, 09:57 PM

Im not a Combat Vet, but still interested...

J_White
02-14-2012, 10:06 PM
these are the same guys who wrote letters to Dick, IIRC.

PolicyReader
02-15-2012, 03:48 AM
Im not a Combat Vet, but still interested...
You're more than welcome to contribute :) Combat Veterans started the group and so it's a focal point but it's not meant as a bar to exclude other vets from being involved. The site has info for providing an endorsement, writing an article/blog and more whatever is most suited to your taste.

these are the same guys who wrote letters to Dick, IIRC.
You are indeed correct sir, it was decided Dick needed to hear from folks who'd been under fire after his 'no patriot could support Ron Paul' cracks and so Letters to Dick was born.

XTreat
02-15-2012, 04:52 AM
I am going and driving up from Augusta, GA.

PolicyReader
02-15-2012, 05:15 AM
I am going and driving up from Augusta, GA.
+rep :)

Post below is quoted for relevant information, my thanks to it's author

Hey guys,

this is primarily for the Ron Paul folks in the military, but this is also a good read so you can keep our supporters in the armed forces out of trouble potentially. I also want to spread awareness of this so the rest of you know the sort of stuff military folks have to live with day in and day out.

The link below is basically a 15 page document detailing what members of the armed forces CAN and CANNOT do politically. I must stress that this stuff is NOT common sense and it can be very easy to get into trouble. This should also help prevent potential problems with military supporters who wish to be involved in the local politics (esp if they want to serve as an elected official).

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/134410p.pdf

If you DISAGREE with any of this strongly enough, I suggest that you start networking with other like-minded folks and start building support to change the wording of this document. However, agree or disagree, this is effectively law and we don't want a repeat of what happened with the member of the military who got in trouble for speaking in front of a crowd for Ron Paul. At the very least, he should have at least been aware of what he was doing, and aware that he could have hell to pay if he did this.

Even if you disagree with this, protect your fellow brothers and sisters in the armed forces from unintentionally incurring the wrath of their employer. If they insist on going ahead anyways, then support them in their civil disobedience and protect them as much as you can.

PolicyReader
02-15-2012, 06:01 PM
bump

PolicyReader
02-16-2012, 06:41 PM
bump

PolicyReader
02-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Related info

Thanks to Chris for making this happen @ infowars!

Adam rocked it and this really helped get the word out there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBj012JX3ms

Adam was also on http://1310kfka.com/

Kevin Sychta from Rebel, Inc was on DC's 98FM rock station and the guys from Golden State were on a few area College stations - thanks also to Cynthia Cone for giving the march a shout out on the Bubba the Love Sponge Show!:)

If you're going to be there, please take the 5 minutes it takes to fill this out and help spread the word even further! http://newsit.net/assignments/whos-coming-to-dc-for-ron-paul-march

I'm getting there early so I can spend a full day making our presence & the march known at the offices of the local MSM outlets - if anyone in the DC area has the time to join me Friday, I'd love company! I'm this guy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtK1uJD0tJM

Call or email!

206-501-9221

zakrevolution@yahoo.com

and I'll see you there!

The Ron Paul is the Choice of the Troops March on The White House is going to be MASSIVE - Help us continue to spread the word!

Icymudpuppy
02-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Were you with the 2nd ACR? I was attached to them in 2003-2004 and was in Sadr City.

I was in 3rd BDE 2nd ID, Strykers in Mosul.

PolicyReader
02-18-2012, 04:32 PM
bumping to increase visibility prior to the march :)

camp_steveo
02-18-2012, 04:35 PM
C co 1/9 Cav 1CD, TF Baghdad, OIF II. Crazywolf

Bring 'em home.

PolicyReader
02-21-2012, 02:14 AM
Here's hoping the march starts to grab more attention for the true foreign policy plight of this nation.

PolicyReader
02-25-2012, 01:24 PM
bump

PolicyReader
03-06-2012, 02:55 AM
bump

PolicyReader
03-12-2012, 12:29 AM
website where I first read Fires of Dissent if you liked that or would like to write for the revolution please stop by and give the site a visit :)

seekingliberty
03-13-2012, 01:04 AM
I looked around on there last night after I saw the post about Fires of Dissent. Great site from what I saw so far, was in tears a couple times. My hubby is a vet (non combat) and is a member of "Marines for Ron Paul" on facebook. I'm going to send him to the site to check it out. I will see if he wants to write something up, although he's not much of a writer. He works with veterans on a daily basis for work, so he deals with vet issues and the bureaucracy that comes with it everyday.

PolicyReader
03-13-2012, 01:11 AM
I looked around on there last night after I saw the post about Fires of Dissent. Great site from what I saw so far, was in tears a couple times. My hubby is a vet (non combat) and is a member of "Marines for Ron Paul" on facebook. I'm going to send him to the site to check it out. I will see if he wants to write something up, although he's not much of a writer. He works with veterans on a daily basis for work, so he deals with vet issues and the bureaucracy that comes with it everyday.
Thank you for taking a look and passing along the page, I hope your husband has the time to get involved he'd certainly be welcome :)