PDA

View Full Version : Day after thanksgiving SLIM JIM DAY?!?!?!?

RJB
11-11-2007, 07:49 PM
I bought 200 slim jims a few weeks ago and I probably gave away 30. I'm thinking of hitting the shopping mall on the Friday after thanks giving. Is this a good idea? And where do most of you guys hand out slims? I take it placing them under windshield wipers are a BAD idea... or is it a GOOD idea.

Mainly, I'm getting disgusted at myself for not destributing them. Where are people most receptive?

DeadheadForPaul
11-11-2007, 07:51 PM
RJB, most malls do not approve of passing out materials INSIDE the mall since it is private property. You may be able to get away with passing them out outside the mall depending on whether mall security feel like messing with you. If that doesnt work, you could always go to some area downtown and just pass them out on the street corner. I agree with you about NOT placing them on windshields - i get kind of po'd when people put things on my windshield

Cindy
11-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Yes. Our meetup group is hitting the largest mall here on Dec 23rd with signs and slim Jims.

See if you can get a few people in your area to go with you, wave signs at the mall parking lot entrances and hand them out to people who ask.

sandersondavis
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Each slim jim in the hands of a voter is worth $3.00 to the campaign.

What about 12 million slim jims in voter's hands by the end of the quarter?!!!

RJB
11-11-2007, 07:58 PM
I live 45 miles north of Columbia, MO but I will be in Warrenton Missouri for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Is there any group between St. Charles, MO to Columbia (along Highway 70) wanting to hold signs and hand out fliers on this day? Just PM me.

shepburn
11-11-2007, 07:58 PM
we need a one hour money bomb on NOON EST on the Monday after Thanksgiving. This is the biggest online day of the Year!

nullvalu
11-11-2007, 08:02 PM
I think "Black Friday" is going to be national "Wear your Ron Paul T-shirt" day

davidhperry
11-11-2007, 08:03 PM
I bought 200 slim jims a few weeks ago and I probably gave away 30. I'm thinking of hitting the shopping mall on the Friday after thanks giving. Is this a good idea? And where do most of you guys hand out slims? I take it placing them under windshield wipers are a BAD idea... or is it a GOOD idea.

Mainly, I'm getting disgusted at myself for not destributing them. Where are people most receptive?

I think going door to door would be the best thing to do. If they are not home, you could could leave the slim jim on the door. It also gives you an opportunity to talk to people and address any questions that they may have about Ron Paul - they usually will. Most people don't just see an ad or read a pamphlet and "convert" on the spot. They need to talk with someone so that they can ask questions and get specific info that's relevant to them.

The mall idea isn't bad but a lot of people will probably ignore you since they are there to shop - especially on that day.

Windshields are good put you need to pick the right parking lot. Pick places that that are likely to have sympathetic voters and/or locales that are relevant to the content of the slim jim.

Dorfsmith
11-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Since I know the mall security at my local mall they look the other way when they see me handing out slim jims. I will confess (and some of you will probably yell at me) that I put them under windshield wipers too. I can go though 100 in no time at the mall. For every one person who might get a little irritated at finding one on their car there are probably 10 people who get to hear the message of Ron Paul for the first time.