PDA

View Full Version : Humor is the answer to Ron Paul's woes

Cyberbrain
01-27-2012, 12:45 AM
I just watched the rerun of the Florida debate trying to figure out why I thought Paul did so well. He was more sound-bitey, talked slower, made decent hits on some of the other candidates, but none of that seemed like the key part.

Then I realized, it was the jokes.

He loves to be funny, he's comfortable funny, but more importantly it helps his foreign policy problem too! You're not going to think this guy is dangerous if you share a laugh with him. You're more likely to bring down the wall limbaugh, hannity, levin, the MSM told you to put up if you share a laugh with him, and be more open to what he has to say, if only for an hour or two. We've seen that Ron doesn't like to be the attack dog, and he goes over too many people's heads when he's the professor. I think most people who won't accept him do so based on fear of his FP (which they were told to fear) or they hate him because they were told to. You can't break that with logic and reason, you have to use emotion, and Paul is in his zone when he's funny, sprinkling it with little packets of truth. I hope if we see more of this Ron Paul in the next debates.

iamse7en
01-27-2012, 12:54 AM
He was very likeable tonight. You need this type of demeanor to sometimes connect with the sheeple. Not everyone is reading economics and the Constitution and will be naturally attracted to his ideas.

Gary4Liberty
01-27-2012, 12:57 AM
He was very likeable tonight. You need this type of demeanor to sometimes connect with the sheeple. Not everyone is reading economics and the Constitution and will be naturally attracted to his ideas.

So true he knows what he is doing. I loved his answer to medical records. He says. Yes you can have my medical records I think they are 1 page long if that.