PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum Endorses Mitt Romney - Rebellion Ad Update

coffeewithchess
01-27-2012, 12:41 AM
I just uploaded a new version of this ad, leaving in some of Santorum's original words...but using an effect and showing what he said in 2008, hopefully for more of a contrast. The new one ends with RP2012's image.

Rick Santorum sure wants voters to know how bad Mitt is...now that he is running against him. The story was different in 2008 though. I decided to have some fun with Rick's newest ad attacking Romney, you can see my edited versions first, and the original ad embedded below them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADhwHLdhb0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqZY_E4q-Ak&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3bYBkGgRCE

coffeewithchess
01-27-2012, 04:44 PM
bump...

cstarace
01-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Haha great job man! +Rep for that.

On a side note, as much as I absolutely despise of Rick Santorum, the original ad was pretty good -- if he wasn't flip flopping.

RonPaulMyPresident
01-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Santorum wants to run as VP of Gingrich.

I don't like any 3 of them so let them fight each other off.

coffeewithchess
01-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Haha great job man! +Rep for that.

On a side note, as much as I absolutely despise of Rick Santorum, the original ad was pretty good -- if he wasn't flip flopping.

Oh yea, it was professionally done for sure. Kind of interesting seeing it coming from his campaign, which is why I thought a more truthful version of it would help.

Jingles
01-27-2012, 05:28 PM
I was watching that ad and thought it was a new Ron Paul ad. Then it was all RICK SANTORUM and I was like "WAT!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?"

coffeewithchess
01-27-2012, 06:07 PM
I was watching that ad and thought it was a new Ron Paul ad. Then it was all RICK SANTORUM and I was like "WAT!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?"

LOL, yea, "the establishment" part made me think RP, and when I saw Santorum...I was like, "Wait, Romney is terrible now, but in 2008...he was THE candidate for Santorum?"

Did you watch both version, and did the edited version do a decent job showing Santorum isn't a different candidate...by using his own words?

musicmax
01-27-2012, 06:24 PM
The girl handing out the blindfolds is hot.

coffeewithchess
01-27-2012, 09:14 PM
The girl handing out the blindfolds is hot.

Haven't even noticed her, but I was actually wondering with all the people in the audience marching, how many are Santorum supporters/family/friends of him personally, or if they were just paid by the company to produce the ad. Definitely professionally produced, with some good software/editing.

donnay
01-27-2012, 09:31 PM
That's great! +rep Now we need to get one of you tech geniuses to do one with Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick in the Wall,' and overlap it with a speech where Ron Paul wants to end the Department of Education!

coffeewithchess
01-27-2012, 09:45 PM
That's great! +rep Now we need to get one of you tech geniuses to do one with Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick in the Wall,' and overlap it with a speech where Ron Paul wants to end the Department of Education!

I actually thought about replacing the sign that says "Rick Santorum......" with something about RP, and replacing the Rick Santorum video, with an RP speech that gets the crowd to wake up...but, that would be stealing the video pretty much, and I would rather just use it for the irony.

donnay
01-27-2012, 10:21 PM
I actually thought about replacing the sign that says "Rick Santorum......" with something about RP, and replacing the Rick Santorum video, with an RP speech that gets the crowd to wake up...but, that would be stealing the video pretty much, and I would rather just use it for the irony.

Oh no, you did very well just the way you did it. Rick Santorum definitely speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

coffeewithchess
01-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Oh no, you did very well just the way you did it. Rick Santorum definitely speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Well, if any of you see anymore videos like this, or even negative interviews that could be spun for fun, let me know. Might as well have some fun, making fun of the idiots that are part of the problem.

Cigaboo
01-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Nice edit. I hope more people see it. It shows just how hypocritical Santorum is.

coffeewithchess
01-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Nice edit. I hope more people see it. It shows just how hypocritical Santorum is.

I may work on a new version of this in a bit, thought about it earlier today.
Have the original play as it does, with Santorum speaking...then have it stop in the middle, rewind, and show the endorsement of Romney from the beginning instead.

MozoVote
01-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Rick has bashed Romney and Gingrich so thoroughly that I don't think he wants to be either's VP. He's been hanging on so far for one of them to fail this cycle, or if necessary - set himself up for 2016.

coffeewithchess
01-29-2012, 08:11 PM
...set himself up for 2016.

I would go with this one, from what I can tell. He probably knows there's not much chance for any Republican to beat President Obama (Romney or Gingrich) this time, but wants to stay in the race this time to raise his name awareness.
The more people know your name, the more $$$$ you can likely make in politics.

coffeewithchess
01-29-2012, 11:57 PM
bump for the new version just uploaded:

coffeewithchess
01-30-2012, 07:30 PM
bump...

InTradePro
01-30-2012, 07:35 PM
bump for the new version just uploaded:

Nicely done. That should make any Santorum voter think twice.

coffeewithchess
01-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Nicely done. That should make any Santorum voter think twice.

Haha. The problem with that statement, is assuming most think first...the ones I am encountering do not know anything other than what their tvs tell them, and talk radio.

coffeewithchess
01-31-2012, 11:08 AM
bump for the day crowd