PDA

View Full Version : New Study Says Conservatives Are Stupid

anaconda
01-27-2012, 12:17 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/low-iq-conservative-beliefs-linked-prejudice-180403506.html

Gary4Liberty
01-27-2012, 12:19 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/low-iq-conservative-beliefs-linked-prejudice-180403506.html well i guess the founding fathers must have been stupid with low IQ.

Czolgosz
01-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Humans are stupid and easily lead. I almost hate not being one of them, it's infuriating to realize it's mostly dumbshits retarding my freedumb.

Indy Vidual
01-27-2012, 12:22 AM
What's this about? :p

NewRightLibertarian
01-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Yeah, they're doing all they can to stop freedom including faking studies to show that anyone who believes in freedom is an idiot. Haven't you noticed how they in the media, government, academia, etc. are saying all people who don't support Obama in America are extremist, neo-Nazi, terrorist, racist morons? Since the government is bankrupt and incredibly unpopular, they have their minions trying everything they can including faking studies like these to keep their scam going.

anaconda
01-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Yeah, they're doing all they can to stop freedom including faking studies to show that anyone who believes in freedom is an idiot. Haven't you noticed how they in the media, government, academia, etc. are saying all people who don't support Obama in America are extremist, neo-Nazi, terrorist, racist morons? Since the government is bankrupt and incredibly unpopular, they have their minions trying everything they can including faking studies like these to keep their scam going.

Yeah...this study was probably funded by the Ford Foundation or maybe the Carnegie Endowment..

Gary4Liberty
01-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Yeah, they're doing all they can to stop freedom including faking studies to show that anyone who believes in freedom is an idiot. Haven't you noticed how they in the media, government, academia, etc. are saying all people who don't support Obama in America are extremist, neo-Nazi, terrorist, racist morons? Since the government is bankrupt and incredibly unpopular, they have their minions trying everything they can including faking studies like these to keep their scam going. ya no shit, the idiots are the ones who believe their reports

ItsTime
01-27-2012, 08:31 AM
They are talking about social conservatives which I have found to be the least conservative of all, more authoritarian.

Justinfrom1776
01-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Consider the types of people that consider themselves to be conservatives these days. I would love to see a poll or study gauging knowledge on issues of supporters for each candidate.. We'd blow them out of the water.

CaptUSA
01-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Humans are stupid and easily lead. I almost hate not being one of them, it's infuriating to realize it's mostly dumbshits retarding my freedumb.Wait... You're not human?! Just exactly what form of life are you and how the hell did you figure out how to post on these boards?

Also, are non-humans allowed to vote? Because just from this post, I'd say we're doing well with that demographic!

Danke
01-27-2012, 10:45 AM
NEWS

Poll: 73 Percent Of Americans Unable To Believe This Shit

PRINCETON, NJ–According to the latest Gallup Poll, conducted Monday and Tuesday of this week, nearly three out of four Americans can no longer believe this shit.

In addition to the 73 percent of poll respondents who described this shit as "beyond belief," 9 percent said they could "hardly" believe this shit, with another 5 percent "just barely" believing it. An additional 13 percent said they "couldn't give a flying fuck about the whole goddamn thing."

The poll also found that the National Shit-Credulity Index (NSCI) has hit an all-time low, with only 2 percent of Americans describing themselves as "fully confident of [their] capacity to believe this shit."

"The American people have had to deal with this kind of shit for years," Gallup Organization president Lee Sanderson said, "but now, for the first time, it appears that the vast majority of them just can't fucking believe it anymore."

"In all honesty, who can blame them?" Sanderson added. "Regardless of one's political affiliation, socioeconomic status, religion or just about any other viewpoint, you've got to admit, the shit that's been going on lately is way out of hand."

In the wake of the poll, many activists are calling upon America's leaders to get their shit in gear.

"The American people have had it up to here with this shitheap," said James Schuerholz, president of the D.C.-based Heritage Foundation. "There is a public mandate for our leaders to cut this shit out, and it's high time they finally did."

Despite Americans' incredulity over this shit, historians note that this sort of shit has been going on for years and is unlikely to end anytime soon.

"Contrary to popular belief, this type of shit is hardly anything new," Harvard University American history professor Lawrence Coombs said. "The same shit was going down 50, 100 and 150 years ago. The only difference was, back then, you never read about that shit in the newspapers."

Calling the American people's enormous shit-belief capacity "one of the cornerstones of our democracy," U.S. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) stressed that it is the patriotic duty of all citizens to grant our leaders the benefit of the doubt with regard to their shit.

"If the American people are no longer willing to believe this shit, who will?" Kerry said. "Somebody's got to take this shit at face value. Otherwise, why are we even doing all this shit in the first place? I am truly saddened by the lack of faith that the citizens of this country are willing to put in my shit, as well as that of my esteemed colleagues. We must repair our society's fraying trust in the shit of our elected officials, or you would not believe the kind of hardcore, heavy-duty shit that will come down."

"America," conservative author and social critic Patricia Stouffer said, "is seriously losing its shit. But we've got to somehow hold our shit in place until all this passes. We've got to learn to believe in shit again. After this latest shitstorm, it may take years to accomplish, but we must somehow find the strength to put our trust back into the nation's shit."

Despite such impassioned calls for faith in the U.S. political system and all the shit that comes with it, if the Gallup Poll is any indication, the majority of Americans are no longer willing to put up with the shit.

"Fuck that shit," said Evansville, IN, day-care provider Helen Reiderer. "I'm tired of hearing about it. Do they actually expect us to still believe that load of shit?"

"If you ask me, the shit is about to hit the fan," said Reiderer's husband Frank. "As far as I'm concerned, all that shit is just too much to be believed."

Another disgruntled citizen, Wenatchee, WA, tractor salesman Tom Huard, summed up the sentiments of most Americans when, holding up the front page of the local newspaper to friend Benjamin Pritchard, he said, "Jesus, Ben, can you believe this?"

"Shit, no," Pritchard replied.

acptulsa
01-27-2012, 10:59 AM
If by 'conservative' you mean 'Fox viewers', this study is very revealing. And that does seem to be how the term gets defined these days.

Of course, how someone can watch all that Fox and get more ignorant by the minute is a phenomenon they never seem to explore.

acptulsa
01-27-2012, 10:59 AM
I swear I only hit 'post' once...

Cleaner44
01-27-2012, 11:01 AM
They are talking about social conservatives which I have found to be the least conservative of all, more authoritarian.

This would make sense as social conservatives are collectivists.

oyarde
01-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Well , I am fairly intelligent and a fiscal conservative who wants a small , Constitutional Federal Govt only.What I have never understood , is how liberals are suppossed to be so much smarter than I , but have not even a a childs understanding of economics ????

Acala
01-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Of course this depends entirely on what is meant by "conservative". If you take a South Carolina Grinch supporter as your sample, for example, I would have to say that it takes a special kind of stupid to hold in your mind at the same time both of these thoughts:

1. "They hate us for our freedom"
2. "We need to curtail our freedom to be secure."

Jingles
01-27-2012, 02:03 PM
At first I was like ASFKJSDKGJA but then I noticed they are talking about social conservatives.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Statists normally are stupid, as they let the State run their mind & body. Liberty is threatening to the inculcation of stupidity due to its feedback mechanism of self-government and responsibility.

Tina
01-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Right, and the authoritarians are followers.

jmdrake
01-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I dunno. When liberals want to elect a liberal they vote for people like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

When conservatives want to elect a conservative they vote for people like George W. "medicare part D" Bush, Mitt "Obamacare blueprint" Romney, John "bailouts for big corporations" McCain and Newt "3rd marriage, global warming commercial with Nancy Pelosi, let's have an open marriage" Gingrich.

So who's actually smarter when it comes to picking a candidate that represents their values?

Kluge
01-27-2012, 02:41 PM
I dunno. When liberals want to elect a liberal they vote for people like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

When conservatives want to elect a conservative they vote for people like George W. "medicare part D" Bush, Mitt "Obamacare blueprint" Romney, John "bailouts for big corporations" McCain and Newt "3rd marriage, global warming commercial with Nancy Pelosi, let's have an open marriage" Gingrich.

So who's actually smarter when it comes to picking a candidate that represents their values?

I see your point on Clinton, but not on Barack "F your civil liberties/hooray for war" Obama.

heavenlyboy34
01-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Statists normally are stupid, as they let the State run their mind & body. Liberty is threatening to the inculcation of stupidity due to its feedback mechanism of self-government and responsibility.
FTW!! The State wants ownership of man's mind and body for its own selfish and evil desires. Liberty threatens this tyrannical impulse. :cool:

heavenlyboy34
01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Another stupid thing about the OP article is that it accepts the false left-right paradigm as true AND uses the false definition of "liberalism"-which has been pushed by statists for about a century now.

xFiFtyOnE
01-27-2012, 03:05 PM

^^This. They said social conservatives...I can agree, they tend to be a little derp.

acptulsa
01-27-2012, 03:46 PM

Except one of the values liberals claim to hold dear is the concept that you don't let multinational corporations determine national policy.

So, looks like whatever 'values' anyone in this country claims they want their candidates to represent, what they wind up representing is corporate interests. Then they call us crazy because we flock to the candidate that the corporate-owned, corporate-sponsored media knocks all the time (when they mention him at all).

Flugel89
01-27-2012, 03:48 PM

^This. +Rep

jmdrake
01-27-2012, 03:53 PM

I see your point on Clinton, but not on Barack "F your civil liberties/hooray for war" Obama.

Except one of the values liberals claim to hold dear is the concept that you don't let multinational corporations determine national policy.

So, looks like whatever 'values' anyone in this country claims they want their candidates to represent, what they wind up representing is corporate interests. Then they call us crazy because we flock to the candidate that the corporate-owned, corporate-sponsored media knocks all the time (when they mention him at all).

You guys are right. I didn't think that all the way through. It seems both sides end up voting for the pro welfare - warfare - corporate whorefare candidate.

ConCap
02-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Thread: New Study Says Conservatives Are Stupid

Only for being a Conservative.

awake
02-09-2012, 06:51 PM
I wish I had a dime for every time a "new study says _________".

PierzStyx
02-09-2012, 07:34 PM
This link here: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/3033/are-blue-states-smarter-than-red-states shows that these types of studies are bull that only turn out teh way they do because of the bias of those who run them so that they slant enough to "show" liberals are smarter. In fact there is no true IQ difference between red and blue states, liberal or conservatives.

Evangelical_Protestant
02-09-2012, 08:06 PM

Liberals have never been for civil liberties. Allowing gays to marry, and allowing potential moms to suck their babies out of their own wombs with a vacuum does not make the democratic party lovers of civil liberties.

I always thought of them as more of the "take our money that we first took from you and then be thankful that we gave it to you for free, and also take a small portion of your 'civil liberties' back that we also originally took from you, but only for very small groups like gays and other small communities because we don't want TOO many people to be free" party.