PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul just knocked that debate out of the park!!!

Highstreet
01-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Hands down, the best debate performance I have ever seen from that man in the last 6 years!!

What did ya'll think???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv96YIFsZfQ&sns=em

Michael Landon
01-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Agreed.

- ML

Sublyminal
01-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Yep, Ron Paul killed them all again.

Jtorsella
There were a couple of good ones, but this definitely is in the top three this cycle.

jasonxe
He did well.

Brisket
I concur.

One of the best yet.

Indy Vidual
01-26-2012, 09:06 PM
:)

ItztehBean
01-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Ron Paul Always Wins. Period.

Tyler_Durden
01-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Redstate talking head- winners tonight were Santorum and Paul

rp713
01-26-2012, 09:11 PM
maybe some of these idiots can stop their "ron should/needs to say this" threads. ron knows what he's doing, stop fucking doubting him already.

kathy88
01-26-2012, 09:14 PM
maybe some of these idiots can stop their "ron should/needs to say this" threads. ron knows what he's doing, stop fucking doubting him already.

He reads the forums ;)

ronpaulfollower999
01-26-2012, 09:14 PM
You know you won when Eric Erickson said Ron Paul was one of the winners.

Sean
01-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Paul did great. Wolf was more fair than the other debate moderators.

rideurlightning
01-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Definitely one of his strongest.

RiversMcGee
01-26-2012, 09:19 PM
The last half of the debate was Ron's half.

Hitman83
01-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Ron Paul did great, but what is with the other candidates trying to shift their repsonses to sound more Paul-like (I said trying)?

SonofThunder
01-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Agreed. Someone in the campaign took the Tom Woods blog to heart.

Hands down, the best debate performance I have ever seen from that man in the last 6 years!!

What did ya'll think???

GraspingForPeace
01-26-2012, 09:27 PM

Well honestly, he didn't do as well in the previous debates and that is why we are all so happy that he did so well.

Highstreet
01-26-2012, 09:28 PM

I love that he slipped in the "Send the politicians to the Moon" line!!

Standing Liberty
01-26-2012, 09:32 PM
He did outstanding. If only the post dedate schills would give him his fair recognition. Ron Paul for President!

opinionatedfool
01-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Ron Paul Always Wins. Period.

Amen. He always get a ten from me.

mosquitobite
01-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah, Dr Paul always does well in my book.

But tonight I think the way the other candidates responded is clouding our impression. They were OVERLY kind. I'm still wondering what kind of Trojan Horse they're trying to pull...

dillo
01-26-2012, 09:36 PM
I thought his only weak answer was on the healthcare question

Best moment was the Jihadist under the bed comment

I wish he would have got to answer the israel/palestine question

Bruno
01-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Welcome to our new members! :)

Endthefednow
01-26-2012, 09:37 PM
AAA+++

JJ2
01-26-2012, 09:38 PM

No. The Republican base is going to hate him for that comment. Trust me.

moderate libertarian
01-26-2012, 09:38 PM

What did ya'll think???

Wow, we need youtube. I can't believe I missed it.

Unknown.User
01-26-2012, 09:39 PM

mosquitobite
01-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Newt and Santorum needs Ron's delegates to beat Romney at the convention. Romney needs Ron's delegates to keep Newt and Santorum out of the convention.

They are pandering. They are politicians.

Little do they know, we will win their delegates and be the only candidate at the convention.

But it's always been that way and it hasn't stopped them from all ganging up on him in the past. Just...odd tonight. Can't get the shaking feeling that they're trying to PULL something.

Highstreet
01-26-2012, 09:41 PM
I thought his only weak answer was on the healthcare question

I wish he would have got to answer the israel/palestine question

Exactly!!

DirtMcGirt
01-26-2012, 09:41 PM
It's funny, I couldn't watch the debate tonight but one of my friends who I rarely talk politics with texted me and I quote; "ur boy Ron Paul is the only guy up there I don't think is an idiot"

:toady:

sunsense
01-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Its not what we think. We are all in the tank for Ron Paul.

Its what undecided people think.

We will only find that out on voting day.

Better to contact your friends, acquantances, work colleagues and people in the supermarket, hardware stores, church, any club you are in, down the street.

We have to talk to and influence people to change their minds and look seriously at Ro Paul and actually go and vote.

ctiger2
01-26-2012, 09:43 PM
I just can't beleive it. Ron is in the ZONE!

rp2012win
01-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Nate Silver @fivethirtyeight
Grades (strategy/execution): Romney (A/A); Santorum (A-/A); Paul (B-/C); Gingrich (D-/B)

Could envision an outcome in Florida like Romney 45, Gingrich 25, Santorum 20, Paul 10

culvereric
#winning

culvereric
where is the how did ron paul do poll thread

Lishy
01-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Ron Paul was actually baddass today. I love the highlight of his speech where he owns Santorum and calls for a response with "Go!"

I'm pissed they skipped him on the Palestinian issue. They're very desperate to cover it up and distort the issue...

Highstreet
But it's always been that way and it hasn't stopped them from all ganging up on him in the past. Just...odd tonight. Can't get the shaking feeling that they're trying to PULL something.

I get the feeling that they are realizing the fact we have been trying to convey. There are only 2 viable candidates, and Paul's voters will not vote for any of them. They need him, and he's finally getting the respect he deserves because of our devotion.

No One But Paul = No One But Paul will beat Obama!!!

Dianne
Paul did hit a home run, but Florida is not our State... so don't get your hopes up. Lots of dumb George Bush types there, dumb as shit peeps... who eat their corn dogs while watching CNN or FOX. I'm not trying to be rude, but Ron Paul doesn't play well in mobile home parks, where peeps love to watch CNN's fake coverage of some war somewhere... Draft dodgers love wars, they dodged.. love to see your kids die for them.

mosquitobite
01-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Paul did hit a home run, but Florida is not our State... so don't get your hopes up. Lots of dumb George Bush types there, dumb as shit peeps... who eat their corn dogs while watching CNN or FOX. I'm not trying to be rude, but Ron Paul doesn't play well in mobile home parks, where peeps love to watch CNN's fake coverage of some war somewhere... Draft dodgers love wars, they dodged.. love to see your kids die for them.

I have friends from Texas, California, Kentucky, and other places watching. They all said he did well tonight!

Gary4Liberty
01-26-2012, 09:47 PM
rest in peace michael

Dianne
01-26-2012, 09:49 PM
I get the feeling that they are realizing the fact we have been trying to convey. There are only 2 viable candidates, and Paul's voters will not vote for any of them. They need him, and he's finally getting the respect he deserves because of our devotion.

No One But Paul = No One But Paul will beat Obama!!!

No one but Paul !!!!! That is the message.. bless you :D .. Until that point becomes clear, that we (YES, WE) are in control of the next election; we will gain no respect.

Although, possibly the news media CNN, FOX and other Obama controlled newstations know that; and just trying to mind control us.

SonofThunder
Grades (strategy/execution): Romney (A/A); Santorum (A-/A); Paul (B-/C); Gingrich (D-/B)

Could envision an outcome in Florida like Romney 45, Gingrich 25, Santorum 20, Paul 10
Cognitive Dissonance?

thoughtomator
But tonight I think the way the other candidates responded is clouding our impression. They were OVERLY kind. I'm still wondering what kind of Trojan Horse they're trying to pull...

I think they're flat out scared of getting owned by his response.

The Gold Standard
01-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Ron did well, but they aren't going to give him any questions anymore that allow him to clarify his positions or drop truth bombs. No more foreign policy questions. No more spending questions. They obviously don't want him to win anymore supporters, and they could also be afraid of the general repercussions of more and more of the population waking up.

lasenorita
01-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Dr. Paul came across as very affable and charming. Remember: we can't win people over by force, but we can use sincerity and truth instead.

Instead of calling the people outright liars, he says they're "stretching the truth" too much. Instead of rebuking them too harshly, he delivers lines like "I think they're all wrong" with a smile. He's connecting with people. Paul sharing that he once dreamed of becoming "the first physician in space" and mentioning "our" children with Carol leaves a good impression. I know it's disappointing that the pundits will probably paint him as mere comic relief, but hopefully his favorability numbers will rise. :)

Also, I'm super pleased he's started changing his language a bit. More emphasis on "the government" rather than using "we" — which prevents misunderstandings. Ron Paul has improved immensely in his delivery! This was a very good debate, I think. :)

Sorta related: :D:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldWf5Yj-RnI

Dianne
01-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Paul did great tonight... even Newt the Grinch had to praise him. Romney and Newt praised and agreed with Paul on everything he said...

lilymc
01-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Wow, we need youtube. I can't believe I missed it.

Same here! I just got here, but is there a tube yet?

I'm happy to hear he did so well!

thoughtomator
01-26-2012, 09:55 PM
can't wait until Santorum drops out and we have 3 man debates

Lindsey
01-26-2012, 10:14 PM
If you missed it, it's replaying now.

dillo
01-26-2012, 11:02 PM

The republican establishment will, but the base is more divided than its ever been. People that were once in favor of this war against radical Islam are getting tired of their rights being trampled, their money being spent....etc. Islamic fundamentalism is what communism was in the 50's, a witch hunt that leads to the erosion of our civil rights. The media will certainly hammer Paul for this point about Jihadists, but Ron has stayed strong and consistent with his message, and if we can support him long enough, I firmly believe he can win over the minds of Americans.

CJLauderdale4
01-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Wolf is the best moderator - hands down. And I think it's because he actually tries to be a "journalist".

I loved Ron's "age discrimination" poke at Wolf - it was great!

Czolgosz
01-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I believe Ron knocked it out of the park tonight because of the couple jokes he had. Even though I'm already a supporter, my outlook on Ron's performance tonight is way more positive, I attribute it to the humor.

Muwahid
01-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Wolf is the best moderator - hands down. And I think it's because he actually tries to be a "journalist".

I'm tellin ya Ron is actually hilarious compared to the other plastic politicians he had me laughing a lot.

dancjm
01-26-2012, 11:09 PM
I think early on he saw how the two "front-runners" where embarrassingly digging themselves holes. It was shocking. He probably realised he didnt have to do much tonight to benefit from the debate. This made him much more relaxed = much better performance :)

Edward
01-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Ron did so well that I might just vote for him!

dskalkowski
01-26-2012, 11:20 PM
He did awesome tonight.

kusok
01-26-2012, 11:23 PM
What's with Newt's newly found crush???

freakout9903
01-26-2012, 11:23 PM
I AM SO FUCKING PUMPED AFTER WATCHING THE DEBATE ON YOUTUBE, I HOPE FLORIDA SEES LAST NIGHTS DEBATE !!!!!!

hammy
01-26-2012, 11:26 PM
What's with Newt's newly found crush???

He stopped planning moon domination for three seconds to realize that he can't win without our votes. Which he will never get.

Blue
01-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Just watched the highlights. Ron BEASTED!

floridasun1983
01-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Ron definitely did what he needed to do tonight. He came across as the only adult on the stage, didn't step in any landmines, and landed some good one liners. This is a shot in the arm this campaign needed honestly, its been pretty grim for the last week.

Paulitics 2011
01-26-2012, 11:46 PM
He not only responded to all the feedback points I thought needed to be addressed, but he also added in some humor too! Great performance.

Highstreet
01-26-2012, 11:56 PM
I thought he should have hit them on their "isolationist" foreign policy with regards to Cuba, Venezuela, and Iran again. But he did pretty damn well.

wgadget
01-26-2012, 11:58 PM
At thedailypaul.com there are some pre-debate videos of the pundits talking in front of a bunch of Ron Paul signs. The Paulers were shouting RON PAUL and END THE FED. So hilarious! On my Facebook page Ron said that he could hear those supporters from inside! That probably also spurred him on.

DirtMcGirt
01-27-2012, 12:02 AM
These are the only people he didn't win over tonight.

DirtMcGirt
01-27-2012, 12:03 AM

ghengis86
01-27-2012, 12:32 AM

I don't know what the fuck is going on; I'm going to have to agree with you on Wolfie (i know, I know...Amazing, Amazing). I'm not saying he's great or isn't a smarmy bitch sometimes but shit, I don't think I envisioned my fist through his head at all tonight, which is more than I can say for just about every other moderator (Brian Williams moderating a debate is like getting your brain waterboarded with stupidity and shallow boringness at the same time).

ronpaulitician
01-27-2012, 12:39 AM
President Paul's first sit-down with the MSM should be with Wolf.

GrahamUK
01-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Redstate talking head- winners tonight were Santorum and Paul

But..but.. what about Newt? hes gona build a moonbase!!

Lomez
01-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Don't be fooled by the Wolf.

Fredom101
01-27-2012, 12:53 AM
He was badass in a couple of answers. I think all of them were good. Only once did I see him stumble. A. Winning.

GrahamUK
01-27-2012, 12:53 AM
can't wait until Santorum drops out and we have 3 man debates

hehe... A 3 man debate? after tonight's performance won't that just be Ron Paul dropping knowledge on peeps with Grinch and Romney nodding and agreeing?

Can't wait for a 3 man debate RP will so pwn it

Rudeman
01-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Don't be fooled by the Wolf.

At least he didn't fold against Gingrich like John King did. He still could spread the questions more evenly but after the last few debates he's clearly been the best of the bunch.

Liberty4life
01-27-2012, 01:33 AM

Sorry but we don't just trust you, while the warmongers might agree with you, we want the peacemongers, no soup for you.

CaptainAmerica
01-27-2012, 01:40 AM
at 8:17 Rick Santorum looks PISSED.haha

JJ2
01-27-2012, 01:44 AM
hehe... A 3 man debate? after tonight's performance won't that just be Ron Paul dropping knowledge on peeps with Grinch and Romney nodding and agreeing?

Can't wait for a 3 man debate RP will so pwn it

LOL. What would happen if it got down to a Romney or Gingrich vs. Paul two-man debate? With them knowing they need Paul's supporters? HAHAHA. That's what we need to see!

tsetsefly
01-27-2012, 02:03 AM
just rewatched it, his las 5 answers were just home runs all of them... Could of been 500ft home runs if he mentions some things here and there very strong answers, what a great performance!

Highstreet
01-27-2012, 06:00 AM
But..but.. what about Newt? hes gona build a moonbase!!

Yea Paul needs to harp on this........UNELECTABLE idiotic Grinching!!

Mark37snj
01-27-2012, 07:07 AM
CNN just showed Paul in 3rd place in Florida. Couldn't remember the numbers but we were 2-3 points up on Santorum.

Liberty74
01-27-2012, 07:36 AM
The media blackout is preventing Ron from getting any traction and momentum. Ugh!

A. Havnes
01-27-2012, 07:56 AM
The media blackout is preventing Ron from getting any traction and momentum. Ugh!

I know. Too bad the media is blacking out the reports from the Pew Research Center Project for Excellence in Journalism. How do you call out the media bias when the media blacks it out? Reminds me of Soviet Russia, it does.

ohgodno
01-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Yeah, Dr Paul always does well in my book.

Its nothing too underhanded. They have campaign staff who, unlike the media, give them an accurate representation of the field. They all know they cannot win without Ron Paul's supporters. That's why all you heard tonight was "I agree with Ron Paul." It works with their latest meme-- that he's too old. "See, I agree with Ron but I am not as old." Or, "I agree with Ron's economics(what the establishment considers to be his strong point) just not his foreign policy." They want the youth and crossover voters that are attracted to Paul.

It's just an official strategy of Ron Pauling.

K466
01-27-2012, 08:28 AM
There are so many good Paul debates now, I'm not sure this one makes the top 3, but at least the top 5.

georgiaboy
01-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Its nothing too underhanded. They have campaign staff who, unlike the media, give them an accurate representation of the field. They all know they cannot win without Ron Paul's supporters. That's why all you heard tonight was "I agree with Ron Paul." It works with their latest meme-- that he's too old. "See, I agree with Ron but I am not as old." Or, "I agree with Ron's economics(what the establishment considers to be his strong point) just not his foreign policy." They want the youth and crossover voters that are attracted to Paul.

It's just an official strategy of Ron Pauling.

Yep. Fortunately, we understand more than ever that agreeing with someone has nothing to do with whether one will carry out policy accordingly.

Ron Paul will do what needs to be done; the others flat out won't.

NOBP.

Great Debate, Ron!

Matthew Zak
01-27-2012, 08:41 AM
At the end Ron Paul should have said, "I do better with independents, disenfranchised democrats, and active duty service members than any of my opponents."

A. Havnes
01-27-2012, 08:50 AM
At the end Ron Paul should have said, "I do better with independents, disenfranchised democrats, and active duty service members than any of my opponents."

That would have been the icing on the cake, but the cake itself was still good!

dfalken
01-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Ron Paul should say "that's great that all you guys are agreeing with me now, but the problem is that we all know that your words mean nothing as you have all demonstrated repeatedly in the past, however those voting for me know my word is like the gold standard"

kasjun
01-27-2012, 09:32 AM
My assessment of the debate... Santorum made strong points but as always came across as the warmonger he is. Gingrich looked terrible at the very beginning. His eyes were shifting all over the place and really he looked out of focus and nervous. He got better as the debate went along but never fully recovered. I loved it when Dr. Paul called him on stretching the truth. Didn't call him a liar but anyone could read between the lines. If they couldn't read between the lines they shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Romney did much better than previous debates especially at the start when he owned Gingrich. Then he had a setback when he got called with CNN's factchecking. I didn't think he did as well after that point.
Dr. Paul did an excellent job of answering the questions and I thought Wolf Blitzer did a good job of keeping things evenly distributed. Dr. Paul really was at the top of his game and he kept it loose with his brand of humor. As mentioned earlier instead of calling Newt a liar he just said he stretched the truth too far. Perfect phrasing...!!!!! Let everyone make up their own mind if he was lying. (which he was) Overall I think it was a very good debate. Not sure if I would call it his greatest because he has some very good ones.
What bugs me yet is the fact that CNN still will not give him his due. They grudgingly acknowledge that he has strong support and enthusiasm behind him. But then when the debate is over and they go back over it, I don't think they even mentioned Ron Paul again. And so if you are still making up your mind and he isn't mentioned again he will naturally go to the back of your mind. I just hope Dr. Paul made enough strong points to overcome this media bias.

Brett85
01-27-2012, 09:33 AM
People here basically say this after every debate. I'd like to know what someone neutral had to say about who won the debate.

skytoucher
01-27-2012, 09:39 AM
People here basically say this after every debate. I'd like to know what someone neutral had to say about who won the debate.

I saw a lot of pro Paul posts on the Free Republic debate thread and that's a pretty hostile atmosphere in regards to the Dr.

KingRobbStark
01-27-2012, 09:42 AM
I like the fact that he keeps getting better and better.