PDA

View Full Version : $1 million hour-long Turkey Bomb!

Naraku
11-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Before anyone says, "We need to focus on December 16th" I know there's been a lot of debate over how to do these money bombs and I've generally heard two things from the argument:

1. December 16th is an important date and focus and/or money can't be taken away from it or the effect will be reduced.

2. December 16th is too far away, the momentum needs to be maintained.

I agree with both of these statements. There are 35 days between now and December 16th, that's five weeks! Five weeks without a major donation success may give the media the chance to call Paul the "one-day wonder" and write him off again. There needs to be something soon I think.

However, I certainly think the Tea Party has to be a huge success, much bigger than November 5th and any proposal for a mas expense will only hurt it.

So my compromise idea is to have a one-hour money bomb that gets $1 million from ONLY $25 donations. This will not leave much strain on most donors and people can easily make up for donors who can't make the amount. It also will be very easy for anyone to replenish the amount they donate.

To get $1 million it would take 40,000 donors, which may seem like a hefty order but 37,000 people donated on November 5th and there are 68,380 meetup members. If those meetup members all got ONLY $25 each and donated it they'd reach $1.7 million.

While I saw this idea propose earlier today, I actually got this idea from the Ron Paul Money Bomb people. Here's their site:

http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/

They've been helping with November 5th and even today as well as making mass donations since mid-October. They're also donate every week and plan to work with the Tea Party and even do a Christmas drive.

Their stated goal has actually been 40,000 donors for $1 million a week, but so far they've managed only $30,000. I'm not calling for anyone to donate every week, but the idea would be to have people figure out a good day and hour in the last two weeks of November to donate and coordinate it with this effort.

This would require mass organization and coordination. All of the meetups would pretty much have to get involved.

This idea would actually have a lot of advantages:

1. $1 million in an hour would get amazing coverage and build up hype for December 16th.

2. It makes it much easier for less well-off people to get involved in the effort.

3. It would show the media that not only is Ron Paul's support broad and strong, but it's also incredibly well-organized. Pulling off a massive effort like this has to take a lot of coordination and if it can be pulled off it would prove to the media that Paul's supporters are more than just deep-pocketed activists.

4. It will serve as the ultimate stress test before December 16th. It is unlikely, no matter how big the tea party gets, that it will have 40,000 people donating in an hour or see $1 million in an hour.

5. It's not something any campaign is likely to be able to imitate at the grassroots level. A lot of campaigns are working on money bombs now and even if they're not as successful, if they pull in just a million they'll still diminish the significance of November 5th by showing any body can do it. However, I don't think there's any chance they can manage $1 million in an hour.

6. It could bring up the Fourth Quarter to about $10 million before November ends.

7. It would also make for a big mass donation day, with possibly $2 million raised the entire day or more.

8. It would bring up the month's total to around $7 million or more.

This effort would take a lot of coordination though because people will not be giving as much there'll need to be a lot of them donating very quickly. There'd also need to be some discussion between all the meetups overseas and in the continential U.S. so there could be a comprehensive timetable to work from so that everyone gets it in during that hour. Here's a map of all the meetups:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/about/

An hour that works for all of these people would have to be reached in order to make this a success.

Using e-mail lists and organizing people from November 5th and 11th would be one important way to do it. One important idea would to circulate a paper early on, at least a week or more before the day showing the time for the money bomb in every Time Zone.

It wouldn't have to be a direct donation either. I'm not sure if everything bought in the store counts as a donation, but if it does then buying Christmas gifts or getting someone to buy Christmas gifts for any Ron Paul fans who might not have a shirt or hat in that hour would be a great way of doing it. It would also be useful to buy a lot of slim jims in that hour to hand out to Christmas shoppers leading up to December 16th. Ron Paul's book would be a good Christmas gift that can be given to more than just dedicated Paul fans as well.

People could also find ways to raise $25 like odd jobs, some light work around the house for friends or family, recycling some to get a bit of the money, scrounging for chance. Whatever can be done and if you know someone who would be willing to donate online but can't for not having a credit card you can make the donation for them.

THe advantage of $25 donations is that they'd be easy to raise, easy to replenish, and in large numbers could still be incredibly effective. Again for anyone who wants to get a basic idea of what I'm talking about check out this site:

Menthol Patch
11-11-2007, 07:18 PM
I like the idea of giving thanks for Ron Paul on Thanksgiving by making a donation!

At the dinner table supporters could tell their friends and family members about Ron Paul.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 07:23 PM
bump

RonPaulGetsIt
11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
sounds like a good idea to me - maybe we could make it the 4th quarter of the Dallas Cowboys game or something in honor of the good Dr.'s home state.

Richandler
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
The more than I think about it the December 16th bomb maybe end up being the mistake of the grassroots campaign. Not because of the date but because it's only 3 weeks before the first primary. It took us months to get to the level we are at now. Like it's been commented people tend to solidify their votes 6 weeks before a primary. We are approaching that 6 week mark very soon. We have to win at least one early primary if that is where we are focusing. I've been a big advocate of just raising as much money as early as possible. There is a reason Giuliani and Romney are leading polls and it's because they have spent more money in the campaign than we have raised total. That is the simplest reason. Money talks whether we like it or not. That is not to say give up hope and keep working hard. That is to say that we are fighting against very a very ignorant nation. Our history is filled with many failures of minor scale revolutions. We can't fail at this one because if we do I don't think, as much as I'd like us too, we'll stick together long afterward.

And might I add that this grass roots has turn fascist since it was first created. The absolution of these "money bombs" are great, but in the end we need the money in the campaigns hands today.

On a lighter not we'll see where are polling numbers are in the next few weeks. If they are on a significant upturn we'll be very well off.

Ron Paul Fan
11-11-2007, 07:27 PM
We need to focus on December 16th.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 07:28 PM
That's just it, $25 from each person isn't going to hurt December 16th because the money can be regained much easier. The problem is a lot of people proposing another $100 per person drive, rather than something much more modest.

This is also about keeping him in the headlines.

DealzOnWheelz
11-11-2007, 07:29 PM
The only problem with that is the server may crash and the last thing we want is for it to blow up in our face. If they have updated the server and have more capability; then that would be great.

but it defintiely will take alot of organizations

Steve4RP
11-11-2007, 07:31 PM
I would think Thanksgiving day would be tough for fund raising on-line as many of us will be traveling, out of town, or busy with Thanksgiving.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Not Thanksgiving day necessarilly, but some time in the last two weeks, maybe the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week or Black Friday.

Arklatex
11-11-2007, 07:32 PM
I would give $25 on Thanksgiving. I like this one hour idea.

Menthol Patch
11-11-2007, 07:32 PM
We need to focus on the 16th of December but we also need at least one fundraiser between then and now.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Yes I also think I should point there's going to be one anyway because of the Ron Paul Money Bomb people here:

They'll probably have one that week so it's really just a matter of getting a right time for everyone that week and getting behind them. They've supported the last two drives, November 5th and November 11th and they're going to support December 16th and do one on December 24th. I think it would be great for all the grassroots to show their support for them at least one week that isn't a big donation day like the 5th.

davidhperry
11-11-2007, 07:35 PM
If you want to see if this idea has wings, put up a site and see if anyone signs up.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
As I already pointed out there's already site I posted above. The idea would just be to have a lot of donors to jump on with them on their donation day at least once.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 07:44 PM
bump

Naraku
11-11-2007, 08:19 PM
bump

ladyliberty
11-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Turkey Bomb? That sounds like a David Letterman bit.

shepburn
11-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Not Thanksgiving ... but the Monday afterwards. This is the biggest online shopping day of the Year!!

look it up!

besides, no one spends Thanksgiving on a computer. We watch football and have dinner with the family.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah, it doesn't matter so much which day, just as long as it's near the end of November. I just can't help but feel things will go seriously bad if everyone tries to wait out until December 16th.

shepburn
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
bump

CelestialRender
11-12-2007, 09:58 AM
bump. this is a good idea, and I would make the signup site myself, but I fear I have not mastered the art of the internet.

justinc.1089
11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
I think this is a good idea with one serious mistake: thanksgiving.

Putting the fundraising drive on thanksgiving is going to get rid of a ton of potential donors. This needs a different day so that people will donate. And it needs to be before one of those big shopping days too so that people won't have blown all their money shopping.

lloydian
11-12-2007, 10:11 AM
bump - Dec 16th needs to be big, however, the campaign needs "early" $, so I agree with the basic idea here.

freedom_junkie
11-12-2007, 10:12 AM
I like the name Turkey Bomb LOL. Your average turkey takes 6 hours to cook, withe the new improved Turkey Bomb, it only takes an hour :D

yongrel
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM
I like the idea of a turkey bomb, but....

Focus on December 16th.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Like I said it doesn't have to be thanksgiving, it just has to work with some of the people involved with the Ron Paul Money Bomb. They'll probably pick a date around Thanksgiving, though I don't know which.

The idea is just to get tens of thousands of people to get together and donate $25 in that hour they set. I proposed it could be part of the Tea Party, serving as a sort of dry-run to see if the server can handle a lot of people and donation in a very short period. The stress test on November 11th was nothing compared to what it would be on December 16th.

walt
11-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Am I the only person that thinks of Les Nessman and that WKRP turkey eposide when I see the title of this thread?????? :rolleyes:

http://radio.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.radioearth.com/VideoWKRPTurkeyDrop.html

Jordan
11-12-2007, 10:41 AM
We're slowly devaluing the money bomb the way the FED has with the dollar.

CelestialRender
11-12-2007, 11:13 AM
I initially really liked this idea, but am starting to think that some other ideas, which are more IRL focused, would be better to focus on while we wait for Tea to be served. Namely:

Passing out Thanksgiving Dinner in Ron Paul shirts. (Thanksgiving Day)
Protesting the Federal Reserve. (12/23?)
Blood Drive (? 12/15 or somewhere else right before Tea?)

Naraku
11-12-2007, 11:16 AM

That's why I'm proposing this at all. They've been helping with November 5th, November 11th, and December 16th. I think it's only fair that everyone back them at least one time.

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 11:21 AM

qft

If you get too many "bombs", they will lose significance.

It does not mean that people should not keep donating along the way. But, in my opinion, we should keep the advertisement to just one bomb. The one on December 16th. Hopefully, Adam Curry and others will help us spread the word far and wide, to make this truly an amazing fundraising day.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm just suggesting that people drop $25 in one hour for one day to support the Ron Paul Money bomb people who pretty much invented the term as I recall.

I've also suggested making it spread as a server test for December 16th, since that would promote December 16th as well. One $1 million money bomb with $25 per person in between now and December 16th is not going to hurt the effort in the slightest and I think you're really underestimating Paul's support if you think it will.

Edward
11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
If you get too many "bombs", they will lose significance.There is nothing insignificant about grassroots supporters dropping $1 million each week within an hour's timeframe. As I've written elsewhere, November 5th, November 11th, and the Tea Party all can credit their origins to the original Money Bomb (http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/), which was designed to be a weekly event involving a high number of contributors each donating a small amount of money:
To find 40,000 solid volunteers to step up to the plate and donate $25 once per week, every week, to Dr. Ron Paul's Presidential Campaign fund. 'Bombs Away' times and date will be provided to your email and posted on this website. Congressman Paul will be given a million dollar boost every single week. We are growing rapidly.

I have trouble instructing people not to contribute to other money bombs that work within that framework. I support the idea of generating $1 million within an hour once each week with smaller $25 contributions AND I support the idea of generating $10 million or more on November 16th with larger $100 contributions. I think both goals would be achievable if their were support for both.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 11:27 AM
There were 37,000 donors on November 5th and there are 68,000 meetup members. That's enough for $1 million. It doesn't have to be every week, but just picking one week in between now and December 16th would work.

They'll probably have a bomb on November 28th because of the debate, that would be a great day to organize this kind of thing.

crasster
11-12-2007, 11:40 AM

I completely agree.

Dec. 16th is the day. It's been on CNN, and Paul said it on Sunday Face the Nation interview.

Don't saturate. Don't get impatient.

Some of us are barely affording this money bomb as it is. Dec 16th gives me time to get some more funds going.

Focus on December 16th. Announce it to everybody you know, all meetup groups you know.

Spread the word that Dec 16th is the new tea party.

Edward
11-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Some of us are barely affording this money bomb as it is. Dec 16th gives me time to get some more funds going.I understand where you are coming from, but why would you shoot this down based on what you can or cannot afford? Why not suggest to people: "If you can afford to contribute to the Tea Party AND the weekly money bombs, that would be great. If you cannot afford to do both, then please contribute to the Tea Party."?

Naraku
11-12-2007, 11:55 AM
That's exactly my position, there's tens of thousands of supporters out there, surely there are 40,000 of them who can donate to both.

The mainstream coverage December 16th would get from this if it's sold as a mere test for the Tea Party would far outweigh any potential loss by gaining many new donors.

Dan Klaus
11-12-2007, 12:09 PM

yes...QFT!!

Am I the only person that thinks of Les Nessman and that WKRP turkey eposide when I see the title of this thread????

LOL..dated yourself bro...hilarious...

I like the idea of giving thanks for Ron Paul on Thanksgiving by making a donation!

Ok...i'm in for $25 on Turkey Day....irregardless if this gets going or not..

xRedfoxx
11-12-2007, 12:11 PM
My 2 cents...if you can donate on Dec 16th, and on Thanksgiving, then do it. But if you have to choose one over the other, please pick Dec 16th.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm not saying Thanksgiving for certain, but just some day in the last two weeks, whichever would work for most people. Check this site to see when they're doing theirs and do it with them.

Shaun
11-12-2007, 12:56 PM
EGO'S.
Stay focused on the WORLD'S event; DEC 16TH at teaparty07.com

Naraku
11-12-2007, 01:09 PM
This has nothing to do with any ego-trip. I just think it would be good to back the people who actually coined the "money bomb" term at least once since they're supporting all the other drives, including December 16th.

They can get the credit, I don't need it.

JMann
11-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Who the hell is on their computer on Thanksgiving?

Naraku
11-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Again, not suggesting Thanksgiving, but sometime around that date, as in, the last two weeks of November. The November 28th debate would be a great time for one or the Monday after Thanksgiving. Perhaps a few days before Thanksgiving.

I am by no means saying donate on Thanksgiving.

troyd1
11-12-2007, 01:19 PM
My 2 cents says wait till the week after or do it the Monday or Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Everyone is gone and no one watches the media that weekend for the most part. We could get more bank for our buck December 3rd. We may even be able to overshadow the debate. If we did it on the Monday or Tuesday before Thanksgiving, it will still give us 3 weeks before the 16th.

American
11-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I think buying 1000 slim joms and handing them out by Dec 16th for the next big fund raising event would be better.

I support any idea to raise money but current supporters have already donated allot and we need two things, more supporters and more money

Naraku
11-12-2007, 01:29 PM
If buying slim jims counts as a donation, not sure if they do, then buying them while people are donating is a good idea.

Like a "Buy Slim Jims" hour.

gworrel
11-12-2007, 01:38 PM
I like November 30th better. It is a Friday and the end of the month. There are many good reasons for not doing it on Thanksgiving. I think 1 million is setting the sights too low. I think a reasonable goal is to hit 12 million by November 30 then hit 20 million plus by December 16th. Remember that with all the publicity we should have many more potential contributors each week that goes by. Asking them all to wait until Dec 16 makes no sense to me. We need a succession of fund raising drives that continue to build.

OReich
11-12-2007, 01:39 PM
This is an amazing idea. I suggest we do it on the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday after Thanksgiving, which would still be over two weeks before the Tea Party 07. I DON'T think this takes away from it, because $25 can be replenished.

Remember, the money-bomb movement is the way to go. While it definitely takes away donations from regular days, the total money donated is still probably much more. Donations to a political campaign, and really to any movement, work like game theory; if we could all coordinate together and agree to all give a specific amount, I'm sure Paul could get $20 million in an hour; would anyone in this forum NOT agree to give $300 right now if they knew it would get him elected? (I know most of this is obvious) The money-bomb strategy makes use of that mindset and thus excites us to donate and be a part of the massive funding. Therefore, a money-bomb that now only calls on $25 would undoubtedly attract the vast majority of meetup members (assuming the communication works).

I propose getting the message out to every meetup member NOW. $25 on some hour in the week of Thankgiving. Oh, and btw, there are 68,000 meetup members? That's $1.7 million.

OReich
11-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Oh guys, call me crazy, but I'm predicting $10 million dollars on December 16th. :)

literatim
11-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Oh guys, call me crazy, but I'm predicting $10 million dollars on December 16th. :)

Not if these people keep coming up with ways to split up donations.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 01:42 PM
I think it would have to work with the people over here:

www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

They'll probably have one on November 28th because of the debate. I think it would be important to sell this in a way that reflects on the Tea Party. Emphasize it to people as a stress test for the servers or an hour to buy slim jims for the lead up to the Tea Party.

Doing this a little before the debate would be great. CNN is good with coverage and giving him a lot of coverage before the debate and covering December 16th as well when a lot of people will be watching the channel could translate in far more donors for December 16th and more voters period.

Not if these people keep coming up with ways to split up donations.

I don't know if you've noticed, but December 16th is already at 7,000 pledges, that's at least $700,000 and it's not even December yet.

OReich
11-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Guys, if we only promote $25 dollars, it won't take away from December 16th. Remember, there are a ton of ACTIVE supporters who didn't give on November 5th, these are people who might've felt insignificant in light of the $100 dollar pledge. If this is only $25 dollars, tons of people who never would have pledged before will to this.

Oh, and that's a perfect idea, do it several hours before the 11/28 debate. Get a theme, start promoting, get it out to all the meetup members. $1.7 million just from 68,000 ACTIVE meetup members. (I'm assuming if you're in a meetup group, you're active enough to give $25 dollars the day of a debate).

Guys, the media coverage we'd get in just the pre-debate show would be AMAZING.

"Ron Paul, the candidate who burst onto the scene when he raised $4.3 million in one day, just raised $2 million... in the last hour."

RonPaulFever
11-12-2007, 01:54 PM
NO MORE MONEY BOMBS

Give your egos a rest. You're not going to be on CNN or meet Ron Paul for your brilliant idea, so just STOP.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Guys, the media coverage we'd get in just the pre-debate show would be AMAZING.

The best thing to do is connect it directly to the Tea Party somehow by calling it a "dry-run" or stress test. That way the media would cover it AND the Tea Party during pre-debate coverage when viewership will be at its highest.

crasster
11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
No, don't get me wrong, donate all you can whenever you can.

Just be sure to save some for Dec 16th. Donate everything you possibly can that day. That will be a huge determination of the quarter and we are drawing near to some primaries and will need the $$$.

My dream is with all the donations AND December 16th, along with the final quarter push, we'll outraise ALL the other GOP candidates!

Now wouldn't that send shockwaves?

Naraku
11-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, we don't want December 16th to take all the steam out of the rest of this quarter any more than we want someone to take the steam out of December 16th.

Sematary
11-12-2007, 02:23 PM
The only problem with that is the server may crash and the last thing we want is for it to blow up in our face. If they have updated the server and have more capability; then that would be great.

but it defintiely will take alot of organizations

If we crash the server then they will know they aren't ready for Dec 16th and will upgrade. I think this is a great idea!

Sematary
11-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Is there a website yet? I think we should consider allowing for more modest donations - anywhere from $5 to $100 so we get alot of pledges.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Like I've said there are people who have been doing weekly donations here:

www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

The idea would be to donate the $25 when they are donating for maximum effect. They've given to November 5th, 11th, and are giving to December 16th. It's only fair the grassroots should support them at least one time.

I e-mailed Trevor about having it considered as a sort of "dry-run" for the Tea Party, though I don't know if he saw it.

Thunderbolt
11-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Not Thanksgiving ... but the Monday afterwards. This is the biggest online shopping day of the Year!!

look it up!

besides, no one spends Thanksgiving on a computer. We watch football and have dinner with the family.

Actually, the Friday after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year. The following Monday everyone is back at work.

Thunderbolt
11-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Ya'll do what you want. But I personally am getting a little sick of all the damn emails for cash and perhaps others will too. I think that doing anything else will hurt the December 16 day. You might pull in 50k or so. But is that worth hurting what we are trying to on the 16th. That has to be the largest day in fund raising history. These little bumps aren't making a blip. The Nov. 11 thing really fizzled.

But then I am so miserably depressed right now, I may just be in give up mode. I just read that McCain is getting hundreds of millions of dollars in soft money from someplace that will be coming in shortly.

So, right now even ten million doesn't seem like anything.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/mccain_soft_money/2007/11/12/48726.html?s=al&promo_code=3CBF-1

Also, the fact that the last money bomb had 20,000 new donors which means that less than 20,000 of us gave a penny on the 5th make me a bit upset.

I have seen Meetup groups spend tens of thousands of dollars on supplies but out of a group of 159 members only 7 agreed to contribute anything at all.

We seem to have our priorities all wrong. People are donating thousands to the Meetup groups but nothing to the campaign.

Groups are selling shirts and other things and using it to buy more stuff. One group walked in with five thousand shirts and were trying to sell them all over town. And yet, no one has heard of Ron Paul, or knows he is running for President.

I asked 25 people yesterday and still no one knew who he was. One person thought he was a rock band with a new album out called Hope for America. Seriously.

Sematary
11-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Ya'll do what you want. But I personally am getting a little sick of all the damn emails for cash and perhaps others will too. I think that doing anything else will hurt the December 16 day. You might pull in 50k or so. But is that worth hurting what we are trying to on the 16th. That has to be the largest day in fund raising history. These little bumps aren't making a blip. The Nov. 11 thing really fizzled.

But then I am so miserably depressed right now, I may just be in give up mode. I just read that McCain is getting hundreds of millions of dollars in soft money from someplace that will be coming in shortly.

So, right now even ten million doesn't seem like anything.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/mccain_soft_money/2007/11/12/48726.html?s=al&promo_code=3CBF-1

Also, the fact that the last money bomb had 20,000 new donors which means that less than 20,000 of us gave a penny on the 5th make me a bit upset.

I have seen Meetup groups spend tens of thousands of dollars on supplies but out of a group of 159 members only 7 agreed to contribute anything at all.

We seem to have our priorities all wrong. People are donating thousands to the Meetup groups but nothing to the campaign.

Groups are selling shirts and other things and using it to buy more stuff. One group walked in with five thousand shirts and were trying to sell them all over town. And yet, no one has heard of Ron Paul, or knows he is running for President.

I asked 25 people yesterday and still no one knew who he was. One person thought he was a rock band with a new album out called Hope for America. Seriously.

keep the faith.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I think that doing anything else will hurt the December 16 day. You might pull in 50k or so. But is that worth hurting what we are trying to on the 16th.

My whole idea is to connect it to the Tea Party in a way that will force December 16th to get national media coverage. Calling it a "dry-run" or "stress test" would be part of that. I think there certainly needs to be a bigger stress test before December 16th so why not make a money bomb out of it?

The Nov. 11 thing really fizzled.

That happened because it was asking for $100 only 6 days after November 5th. Had it just been one week later it would have gotten $1 million for sure.

gworrel
11-12-2007, 03:43 PM
NO MORE MONEY BOMBS

Give your egos a rest. You're not going to be on CNN or meet Ron Paul for your brilliant idea, so just STOP.

What makes you think this has anything to do with egos, or CNN or meeting Ron Paul? If you don't want any more money bombs then please do not contribute to any, but putting your opinion in big type does not make it right.

There is a legitimate disagreement on strategy here. Shouting down those who disagree with you makes no sense. There are a few people here who have been trying, with great diplomacy, to get the idea across that waiting until Dec 16th for the next big push for money is a big mistake. Repeating the same mantra of "no more money bombs" over and over does not add to the conversation. Thanks.

bolidew
11-12-2007, 03:50 PM
$10,000 in ONE minute is a better idea and won't mess up the TeaParty plan.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 03:51 PM
That wouldn't get nearly as much media coverage and would be practically impossible to organize.

In fact, if all 68,000 meetup members could get on board there'd only be need for $15 per person to get the $1 million.

Ozwest
11-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Thunderbolt, McCain is borrowing 3 million to pay off debts and keep his campaign going. He is also considering taking matching funds. A group was trying to pass off illegal thinly-veiled commercials in support of him and have been exposed... These are all signs that he is running out of money and getting desperate... Chin up mate.

Thunderbolt
11-12-2007, 04:06 PM
For god sake. do you not understand the idea of dilution? If you have 150 to donate and you give 25 on thanksgiving then you only have 125 to give on Dec. 16. Some of you may be made of money, but not everyone is. Also, what are you going to do to advertise this? Split up the advertising that could have gone to the Dec. 16 project? No matter who you tell, you could have been telling them about dec. 16 and if you tell them about both there is a good chance they will donate to neither.

Enough with the hourly money bomb. I want one this week. No next week. No the day after Thanksgiving. No two days after. make it that week sometime. Give me a break!

We got a lot of media attention the last time. It helped us a lot. Much more help than the money did. Don't you get that? If you take one dollar away from the Dec. 16 campaign you hurt it. And 25 is all some can afford to give on the 16th.

If you are not maxed out yet, then why would you take 25 bucks away from the 16th? We need that to be the biggest day in history.

Stop diluting that effort with some rinky dink request for a few bucks that will not make a blip on the radar and will just get people fed up with all of this. I know I sure as hell am.

And apparently, big type is all anyone can see around here, so I am all for it.

If you want to raise money for Ron Paul do so, but do it on your own. Have you called anyone today to get the to vote for the man? Have you handed out a slim jim?

Instead of asking for people to donate, ask them to get off their tails and get 25 supporters each signed up and registered to vote the day after Thanksgiving. The malls will be packed and if you stand there all day you might be able to talk 25 folks into learning about Ron Paul.

If you want to help him do that. Or find out if your state needs signatures. Apparently, the campaign is falling down on the job and we may not even get the delegates we need in Illinois. How many other states are in deep trouble?

all the money in the world won't matter if we are not on ballots.

And how about delegates. Instead of 25 bucks go to your meetup group and get 25 people to go become delegates or PCs or whatever they have in your state.

Do the things that really matter that no one seems to want to do around here because it is too much work!

Naraku
11-12-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm not asking anyone to do anything I'm as sure as hell not telling them to not donate to December 16th.

I'm proposing an idea that will help get more money for the campaign.

If someone can only afford $25 then they should give it on December 16th, but if they can give $25 at another time and make up for it, then they should. Also, the media would certainly cover such an amount raised in one hour. And, again, THERE'S 35 DAYS UNTIL DECEMBER 16TH! There was not nearly as much exposure for November 5th right away and people had only 18 days to raise money and it still ended up being an average of $118. I think you're greatly underestimating how much money people are going to give on December 16th.

Birdlady
11-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Focus on December 16th and that's it. It won't be a huge success if we keep tossing other dates around here! :rolleyes:

Ozwest
11-12-2007, 04:16 PM
This thread is proof that evolution CAN go in reverse!

Ron Paul Fan
11-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Do empires fall because they get defeated militarily or because they overextend themselves financially? Let's ask Congressman Paul...

"All empires and great nations throughout history have ended when they stretched their commitments too far and abused their financial system."

WE NEED TO FOCUS ON DECEMBER 16TH!!!!!!!! 8,000 SUBSCRIBERS AND COUNTING!!!!!!

Naraku
11-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Do empires fall because they get defeated militarily or because they overextend themselves financially? Let's ask Congressman Paul...

No offense, but if $25 per person and $1 million is going to derail a $10 million goal and send it under $6 million then it obviously was never going to be met. This isn't talking about having a whole bunch of donations drives on the week of December 16th, but instead having a smaller one with a smaller donation requirement that will be able to make a media impression without taking away from December 16th.

I don't think it will or can, but I think if people keep jumping down the throat of anyone who proposes a goal in between, it's going to cause more problems in the long run. The importance here is not just media coverage, but funding the campaign. Keep that in mind.

8,000 SUBSCRIBERS AND COUNTING!!!!!!

In other words, already half as many pledges as November 5th with 35 days left. Do you seriously believe people donating $25 on a certain date in between is going to ruin that amazing effort? I repeat, people had only 18 days to save up for november 5th and it still saw $118 per person.

Ozwest
11-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Pesky little critter, aren't you?

Ron Paul Fan
11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
No offense, but if $25 per person and $1 million is going to derail a $10 million goal and send it under $6 million then it obviously was never going to be met. This isn't talking about having a whole bunch of donations drives on the week of December 16th, but instead having a smaller one with a smaller donation requirement that will be able to make a media impression without taking away from December 16th.

Maybe people are struggling to come up with enough money to donate on the 16th and make it a huge impact. They may already be living beyond their means and what happens when we do that? Let's ask Congressman Paul...

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means. And we have lived beyond our means because we are financing a money bomb policy that is so extravagant and beyond what we can control."

People can donate when they choose, but I will be focusing on December 16th! Boston Tea Party! $10 million in one day!!!!!!!!

Naraku
11-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Maybe people are struggling to come up with enough money to donate on the 16th and make it a huge impact. They may already be living beyond their means and what happens when we do that?

No offense but this whole, "If you propose something other than December 16th then December 16th will fail!" argument is complete bullshit and is basically equivalent to all the attacks leveled against people who pronounce an opinion not accepted by the mainstream, such as Ron Paul.

This idea that I'm proposing is not going to suddenly turn a possible $20 million donation drive into a $3 million donation drives or anything like that.

Do you honestly think the media will give a shit if Ron Paul raises only $9 million rather than 10 or only $14 million rather than 15? No, they won't care. Anything over $6 million is going to be jumped on like crazy and there's no way what I'm talking about could make it less than $6 million. None. A lot of people can donate $25 and still donate what they were before.

Edward
11-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Maybe people are struggling to come up with enough money to donate on the 16th and make it a huge impact.I think those who are short of cash should be encouraged to donate on the 16th, but I also think that those that might have an extra $25/week should be encouraged to support the original money bomb concept (i.e. 40,000 people X $25 during a one hour period each week).

John of Des Moines
11-12-2007, 05:12 PM
The idea for a one hour million dollar money bomb floated across the forum last night I believe. I like the idea of "testing" Paul's servers with a large number of small donations. But I think calling it a "mini-money bomb" is better since if only $500,000 is raised we can still celebrate the numbers of donors instead of the money raised.
Any money bombs in one hour should not occur on Thanksgiving. People are traveling and any media coverage would be over shadowed by the first day the Christmas shopping.

I think a mini-money bomb should occur either the evening of December 2 (Sunday) or 3 (Monday) at 11 pm eastern. Most people are home and getting ready for bed in the eastern and central time zones and in mountain and western time zones home from work. The publicity generated from a mini-money bomb in an hour is right before the Fox debate. All the networks will talk about the grassroots flexing our muscle in one hour. Just my two cents (from 1913) worth.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 05:16 PM
No, no, it should be as far away from December 16th as possible, while still being reasonably close for people to have $25 to donate. End of November area is best. November 28th a nice possibility since it's a debate day.

tmg19103
11-12-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm liking a "Ron Paul Thanksgiving" that was brought up in another thread - assuming we can get enough press. I'm sure the campaign would be happy to have RP talk it up and put out press releases before and after.

This would be a charitable cause - which is part of RP's free market platform. Subsidies and other use of our tax dollars for the poor is a resditribution of or wealth without our say. Then what happens? The government is so bloated and so corrupt that our taxes go to rebuidling bridges we blew-up in Iraq, building ballistic missle defense sytems in Europe that anger Russia, while also using our taxes to prop up dictators - and the poor and homeless at home are virtually left out.

RP's idea is to end all this, we become wealthier without federal taxes (will still have state taxes) and are thus able to afford to give more directly to the community because we have more wealth. This wil be an example that this process can and will work that RP envisions.

Having all the MeetUp's march down in RP gear to food shelters across the nation on the day of or day before Thanksgiving with food (no chanting - just peaceful community service in RP garb) would send a great message. Each MeetUp could notify their local press.

How many other candidates have their supporters doings something charitable like this WHILE they in turn support the platform of their candidate!? We are giving now while being heavily taxed so we can give even more for future Thanksgivings when we are taxed far less under President Paul!

This would need a really nice website for the press to see and pledges to show support about donating food to the needy on Thanksgiving.

If every MeetUp gets involved we will have tens of thousands of pledges on the website (ideally a week or so before Thanksgiving so the press can be notified) and we demonstrate the true Hope for America that RP represents.

Thoughts?

Brian Bailey
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
12before12.com (http://www.12before12.com)

The Goal:
Reach $12 Million before 12/1/07

What needs to happen:
Average daily donations of $205,000

Who can make it happen:
You.

You don't have to spend any money. You just have to spend your time.

When you help spread the word about Ron Paul, you are actively bringing in more donors, who will in turn bring in even more donors.

The message of Liberty sells itself.

shepburn
11-12-2007, 05:29 PM
The Thanksgiving Money bomb must be:

A) just one hour, as not to compete with Dec 16th
B) on the monday AFTER thanksgiving. This is the biggest online shopping day of the year.

We should encougage people to put LIBERTY on their Christmas shopping list.

Recommended donation: $50 bucks

Naraku
11-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm suggesting to do it with whenever Ron Paul Money Bomb does theirs, which they'll probably do it on the day of the Youtube Debate, November 28th.

They do one hour donations each week so doing it when they're doing it will maximize the amount. Stick to $25 because the idea is to get a lot of people to do it.

Richandler
11-12-2007, 05:41 PM
I like 12 before 12. I wish people would realize we need this money as early as possible. The campaign may have to be buy its way on to ballots and this would not look good and we be a huge waste of money. We need ads up now. The later we give the money the later the ads get up.

tmg19103
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
I think it should be charitable like I said above. A Turkey Bomb on a Ron paul Thanksgiving, giving to the poor to demonstrate how Americans will be more charitable with lower taxes under President Paul.

The Tea Party money bomb will be enough and at the pace of sign-ups and time to go will get $10 million. That in itself will be huge P.R.

Don't want to burn out the money bomb thing as we will need more as we get into the primaries. A charitable Turkey Bomb will show America a new side of the typical RP supporter - charitable to those in need, not just to their cause of getting RP in the White House, and midddle America will eat this up if we get enough press.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 05:46 PM
I think a lot of people are doing stuff for Thanksgiving like that, but I still think some sort of donation should be done towards the end of November all the same, but small like $25 or $15 if there's enough donors. After all if the 68,000 meetup members donated just $15 it would meet the $1 million mark.

gworrel
11-12-2007, 06:07 PM
I like 12 before 12. I wish people would realize we need this money as early as possible. The campaign may have to be buy its way on to ballots and this would not look good and we be a huge waste of money. We need ads up now. The later we give the money the later the ads get up.

This was my suggestion as well. I think it is a reasonable goal. I think people really underestimate what is possible. Some cannot look past their own pocketbooks and think if they are broke then everyone else must be. I have donated a total of $600 spread out between 6 different days since Sept 30. I would never have done that without the special appeals like the 500k then 1M goal for the end of Sept, the 430k goal, email requests from the campaign, November 5, and November 11th. I would never have donated as much if I had been asked to wait and make only one donation on the 5th or the 11th.

So now in the next 5 weeks I am only asked to donate once? That is definitely leaving money on the table. Other than a few hard core supporters, most people respond when asked. If they are not asked to donate until Dec 16, that is when they will donate. When we raised 500K in 3 days, the campaign raised the goal to 1 million. We beat that.

December 16th can be a huge day without it being the only day between now and then. 12 before 12 sounds good. Then another 10 million on Dec 16th with a quarter total of 24 million. Doubling the goal of 12 million would be amazing. Just amazing, as Wolf would say.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Reminder:

1. People only had 18 days to raise money for November 5th, they got $118 per person.

2. The Tea Party already has about half as many donors as November 5th with 34 days left.

3. For most people $25 is a leisurely expense easily made and easily regained.

4. Even at the latest of November 28th, people would have 18 days to raise the money for the Tea Party.

5. At the current pace, even if people are only able to spend as much as they did for November 5th there will likely be enough pledged donors for an $8 million donation, not considering unpledged donors.

A smaller $25 per person hour-long drive at the end of November is doable and viable. It will also shut up for good any talk of other money bombs and if it is pushed solely as a December 16th stress test, the media coverage will count as coverage for December 16th as well.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Also, the 37,000 people who donated could almost all give the same amount they did on November 5th on December 16th and still give $25 on a specific date before December.

Read: IT WILL NOT HURT DECEMBER 16TH!

Naraku
11-12-2007, 07:44 PM
bump

Paul4Prez
11-12-2007, 09:33 PM
A good idea, but Thanksgiving Day is bad timing -- people are traveling, thinking of their families, watching football etc.

How about shooting for a million dollar send-off on November 30th, making it a November to remember?

Midnight77
11-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I sympathize because I understand the theme of the Boston Tea Party, but not having anything in the middle may be a HUGE miscalculation on our part, especially being that the 16th is so close to the First Primaries. We must win New Hampshire at all costs.

But, the problem is that the Tea Party has already been announced on the Media. We can't go back on it and we have to give it full force. No turning back. We MUST beat Hillary's one day Fundraiser of $6.2 Million.

Elementslayer
11-12-2007, 09:52 PM
ok....realy....wtf does it matter???? people donate on thanksgiving, people donate on dec 16th....people donate tomarrow...ITS ALL GOING IN THE TOTAL!!!!! so stop wineing about when we donate and just frickin donate!!!!!!!! :D

also....if people start a money bomb and it gets 10 people that wouldnt have donated to donate...its a success.
i dont understand how dumpng on people that are doing something to help is helping us.

terlinguatx
11-12-2007, 09:56 PM

Midnight77
11-12-2007, 10:01 PM
As long as Hillary's one day total is squashed. That is the most important thing and that has to happen on the 16th. We can not fail.

$6.2 Million must be beat (even though this was bogus on her part, and she was banking funds to contribute on this single day she had ... but it will still be accepted in the Media).

0zzy
11-12-2007, 10:15 PM
I thought you wanted to bomb the country of Turkey with 1million dollars, I was bout to say!

gworrel
11-12-2007, 10:27 PM
A good idea, but Thanksgiving Day is bad timing -- people are traveling, thinking of their families, watching football etc.

How about shooting for a million dollar send-off on November 30th, making it a November to remember?

I think there are a few of us that keep pushing this idea of a mini money bomb near the end of November. I am not sure if it was you Paul4prez who first mentioned the November to Remember but I tried to run with it and give it some support. The 30th makes the most sense to me. It fits with the 12 before 12 concept. Being the end of the month works. There were money drives at the end of each of the last two months.

It does not seem that it is going to be possible to get widespread consensus on this. The question becomes is it possible to make it happen without widespread support. Maybe if we just keep talking about it we will slowly gather some steam. I am all for a huge December 16th but I don't think that should stop other fund raising efforts.

Naraku
11-13-2007, 08:53 AM
One hour in November 28th would work best, I think, since it would be before the debates.

shepburn
11-13-2007, 09:24 AM
November 26th at noon to one EST.

this is the single biggest ONLINE shopping day of the year. Everyone is at work, at there computers

We could raise $1M in 1 hour! It will not conflict with Dec 16th!

Naraku
11-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Anything like this would have to coincide with the people at Ron Paul money bomb and they'll probably donate on November 28th because of the Youtube debate. So either then, or some point the week before, whenever those guys do it.

NinjaPirate
11-13-2007, 07:59 PM
We're already $1+ million ahead of schedule, so there's no need to sweat the need to give to the campaign right this minute.

However, I do agree with the Turkey bomb, and gathering all pledgers to donate a small amount to "stress test" the campaign servers. As far as the scheduling goes, I for one won't be able to participate if it's over the turkey day weekend. Wednesday (Nov 21st) will work best for me. Anyhow, this small fundraiser will give us a great boost, we'll be $2mil+ ahead of schedule, and it'll be a great way to end the month. :D

Naraku
11-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, some suggested Monday before Thanksgiving and others suggested the Monday after or november 30th. I think november 28th would be a good idea and that could be coordinated with the weekly money bomb the guys at ronpaulmoneybomb.com do. Coordinating with them for something like this is crucial I think.

Nathan Hale
11-13-2007, 09:40 PM
While I now see the light about the power of the money bombs, it's important that Ron Paul's fundraising be MORE than just money bombs. He also needs to maintain respectable day-to-day fundraising, because five weeks is a lot of media time to pass on. Do I advocate a Thanksgiving drive? Probably not. It's a tough day to push donations since we'll all be busy, but that's beside the point. RP should have a drive between now and 12/16, but most importantly:

We should not discourage everyday donations!

Yes, it's nice to save your money for a money bomb, or to spread the word about a money bomb. But we shouldn't be discouraging people from donating on non-money-bomb days, because they matter too.

NinjaPirate
11-14-2007, 09:00 AM
While I now see the light about the power of the money bombs, it's important that Ron Paul's fundraising be MORE than just money bombs. He also needs to maintain respectable day-to-day fundraising, because five weeks is a lot of media time to pass on. Do I advocate a Thanksgiving drive? Probably not. It's a tough day to push donations since we'll all be busy, but that's beside the point. RP should have a drive between now and 12/16, but most importantly:

We should not discourage everyday donations!

Yes, it's nice to save your money for a money bomb, or to spread the word about a money bomb. But we shouldn't be discouraging people from donating on non-money-bomb days, because they matter too.

For me the money bombs work best because it gives me time to recharge. I'm living beyond my means right now, so I shouldn't even be participating in these events. It's funny how far one will push themself to support a cause.

However, for those who are NOT in my situation, donating on a regular basis is highly encouraged! :D

Since Thanksgiving is next week, planning the Turkey bomb after the weekend will work to our advantage because we'll have more time to spread the word.

If my girlfriend find out what I'm doing she will kill me until I die! :eek:

Naraku
11-14-2007, 09:30 AM
If it's after the Weekend I think it best to do it on the day of the debate since the Ron Paul Money Bomb that happens every week will be at that time probably. Then it could maximize the effects.

I heard they're making changes to the server to try and get it to handle more traffic, it would be great if they finished in time for this so it could be tested.

NinjaPirate
11-14-2007, 09:35 AM
I wonder if we can convince Sword to send out a mass e-mail and spread the word about this.

Naraku
11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
There's already 12,000 people signed up there could be 37,000 signed up 10 days from now, about 4 days before November 28th. If it's done in the same hour as the Ron Paul Money Bomb people that will be about the 40,000 they've been trying to get.

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 09:54 AM
The reason other campaigns are trying to copy our "money bomb" idea, is not primarily for the $$$ raised, but for the millions in free advertising received from the MSM... I agree that it is importajnt that we keep a steady flow of contributions coming in, but a continual bombardment of "money bombs" only dilutes our efforts and frustrates donors... Please get behind many of the chip'ns or advertising projects that need funding now, or donate to the campaign normally.

Naraku
11-14-2007, 09:58 AM
It's not a continual bombardment and the idea here isn't to have something big and grand. The point is more to just have little one with little expense for people who can make that expense without upsetting the Tea Party.

There are a lot of people who will be able to donate $25 20 days before donating $100, especially considering that they're probably saving up right now. Also, connecting this explicitly to the Tea Party will give the Tea Party far more coverage and increase the amount of donors.

NinjaPirate
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
There's already 12,000 people signed up there could be 37,000 signed up 10 days from now, about 4 days before November 28th. If it's done in the same hour as the Ron Paul Money Bomb people that will be about the 40,000 they've been trying to get.

Cool, we should coordinate with them!

The reason other campaigns are trying to copy our "money bomb" idea, is not primarily for the $$$ raised, but for the millions in free advertising received from the MSM... I agree that it is importajnt that we keep a steady flow of contributions coming in, but a continual bombardment of "money bombs" only dilutes our efforts and frustrates donors... Please get behind many of the chip'ns or advertising projects that need funding now, or donate to the campaign normally.

This "money bomb" is just a test run for the 16th, not another pubilcity stunt. :) These will be smaller donations of about $25 (maybe less) each.

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Cool, we should coordinate with them!

This "money bomb" is just a test run for the 16th, not another pubilcity stunt. :) These will be smaller donations of about $25 (maybe less) each.

Why not let the man who started the Nov. 5 "bomb" and is now monitoring the Dec. 16 project coordinate the inputs necessary. Believe me, if he asks for our assistance, and he probably will, the response will be immediate.

Naraku
11-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Without doubt, I think this should be coordinate among all the major donation drives and meetups to make the maximum impact. Part of the reasoning will also be to see how the site deals with real-time scenarios of massive numbers of donors and a large sum of money, in a very short period of time.

RonPaulIsGreat
11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
My opinion is
1. Please don't use the term "Turkey Bomb". The media would have a field day. They'd associate Turkey with Ron Paul. Like headline "The Turkey that Bombed" with Ron Paul's face next to it. Not good at all, shouldn't even use it in the forums in my opinion, some Romney supporter will start spreading it.

2. The only damage with these mini-bombs isn't necessarily the funds dilution but rather the constant bombardment that seems to be growing, asking for money. We are all aware that we need to give what we can to Ron Paul. Someone Spamming constantly it seems anymore asking for money and preaching about how it's up to us, is getting old. In other words, I know I'm getting tired of people asking for money and it showing up on the boards all the time, we all know how to donate, and are aware of the 16th.

3. Please no one suggest another money bomb, after this one. If this can be agreed to be the last one until the 16th of dec. I'll chip in 25 on the thanksgiving one. Otherwise, I think these moneybomb efforts are going to start to piss people off.

4. I almost think that it would be better to create media a different way in between rather than a new money bomb(except the 16th that will be huge). As in some charitable act, or everyone goes to main street on a particular date and support Ron Paul. Or coordinate a walk-in to a Rudy speech and fill the crowd with Ron Paul supporters(That would be awesome). Boooo.. Rudy... That would be great fill the hall with Ron Paul people. LOL.

Naraku
11-14-2007, 11:13 AM
There are a lot of people planning ways to get media exposure other than money bombs, but getting money for Ron Paul as soon as possible is important because that money would be needed for the early primaries.

Yes I think that this would have to be the only major money bomb before December 16th and given it's small size it's unlikely to impact the December 16th since a lot of people could easily get enough money for both.

NinjaPirate
11-14-2007, 01:01 PM
It's more of a stress test than a money bomb. :) Shall we start advertising it??

Naraku
11-14-2007, 01:04 PM
I think the point would be not to advertise it, but get the word spread through the already established base since I think there's enough support for a minor expense like this and obviously you'd have to work with the Ron Paul Money Bomb people and meetups to get a good date and time for the maximum amount of possible donors.

NinjaPirate
11-14-2007, 06:16 PM
I think the point would be not to advertise it, but get the word spread through the already established base since I think there's enough support for a minor expense like this and obviously you'd have to work with the Ron Paul Money Bomb people and meetups to get a good date and time for the maximum amount of possible donors.

By "advertising" I meant go to different forums and spread the word. :)

AFM
11-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Terrible Idea.
The Ad in the paper is enough.
Wait for Dec 16, I know it is hard.

krott5333
11-14-2007, 06:24 PM
so when is this going to happen, without reading the entire thread?

I'm down for $25, no prob.

NinjaPirate
11-14-2007, 06:29 PM
The 28th seems to pop in my head for some reason. :D

NinjaPirate
11-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Terrible Idea.
The Ad in the paper is enough.
Wait for Dec 16, I know it is hard.

Just donate $5 bucks on that day! sheesh!

literatim
11-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Shouldn't everyone be focused on donating on December 16th?

AFM
11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Exactly
Everyone is going to be out with their family on THanksgiving
Its like saying, donate at midnight New Years Eve!

NinjaPirate
11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Shouldn't everyone be focused on donating on December 16th?

Of course! This is just a dry run, a stress test if you will. These are not big time donations, no more than $25 is being asked for.

NinjaPirate
11-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Exactly
Everyone is going to be out with their family on THanksgiving
Its like saying, donate at midnight New Years Eve!

The 28th (tentative) is the Wednesday after Thanksgiving.

literatim
11-14-2007, 06:32 PM
I think November 5th showed that the servers can handle it. All of the money going into this could be the deciding factor of breaking records on Dec 16th or not.

NinjaPirate
11-14-2007, 06:33 PM
I think November 5th showed that the servers can handle it.

We're expecting this to be much bigger than the 5th.

Naraku
11-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Yes I think at the least there will be 100,000 donors and there could be as many as 184,000. That's about 7,670 people per hour with peaks of maybe 10,000 or 20,000. This is only if it doesn't really catch fire. That's a lot more people in an hour than any other donation drive.

yongrel
11-14-2007, 07:38 PM
If the Tea Party donor numbers approach even half of what many people are predicting, a Turkey bomb will not serve any valuable function, past fund raising.

To test the servers more than the 5th already did, we would have to have extraordinary numbers, which are not going to be achieved for a "stress test."

Seriously, who is going to donate for a stress test, as opposed to the momentum the TeaParty has right now.

All the Turkey Bomb achieves is to deflate the Tea Party ever-so-slightly.

Naraku
11-14-2007, 08:31 PM
When it's a negligible amount, a lot of people are likely to donate, especially given the idea of raising $1 million in one hour. With at most $25 per person I think it won't deflate the Tea Party in any noticeable way. It may actually make up for it in news donors due to the extra coverage it would get.

wsc321
11-14-2007, 08:50 PM
How about in addition to the money bomb/s in the process every single Ron Paul supporter will write in their vehicle back window shield: "Save The Constitution Vote: Ron Paul" or "Ron Paul for President-Everybody Wins!"....
Can you imagine the number of people that would be exposed to his name alone just driving around doing errands?
Actually: I have both of those messages on both of our cars and in one I also had: "Just consider Ron Paul" and at starbucks a democratic person talked to my husband and I for 15 minutes and had a lot of questions. He said he was going to consider him after seeing the sign in our car. Also another lady told me "I will consider him" and gave me her business card and asked me if I knew how she could get involved. Can you pass this idea to the teaparty people or someone who has access to email to all Ron Paul supporters? Since the media is ostracizing him this is the only way we can be heard-since even they say the internet activity is "just a buzz". It can say on the 22nd of Novemeber when everybody is traveling...state to state!
We can't wait anymore-there are thousands of people and millions who have NEVER heard his name...
I feel this would/could get the media's attention.
Thanks!
Tanah Collins :)
Cedar Park, TX

Edward
11-14-2007, 08:51 PM
How about in addition to the money bomb/s in the process every single Ron Paul supporter will write in their vehicle back window shield: "Save The Constitution Vote: Ron Paul" or "Ron Paul for President-Everybody Wins!"....
Can you imagine the number of people that would be exposed to his name alone just driving around doing errands?
Actually: I have both of those messages on both of our cars and in one I also had: "Just consider Ron Paul" and at starbucks a democratic person talked to my husband and I for 15 minutes and had a lot of questions. He said he was going to consider him after seeing the sign in our car. Also another lady told me "I will consider him" and gave me her business card and asked me if I knew how she could get involved. Can you pass this idea to the teaparty people or someone who has access to email to all Ron Paul supporters? Since the media is ostracizing him this is the only way we can be heard-since even they say the internet activity is "just a buzz". It can say on the 22nd of Novemeber when everybody is traveling...state to state!
We can't wait anymore-there are thousands of people and millions who have NEVER heard his name...
I feel this would/could get the media's attention.
Thanks!
Tanah Collins :)
Cedar Park, TXHe's catchin on...

wsc321
11-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Sorry-on previous post for WSC321 --I inadvertently sent a message using my husband's account (didn't realize he was logged in).

Tanah :)

user
11-14-2007, 10:16 PM
After seeing the total from the 11th, it looks like we won't surpass the 5th until the 16th. I doubt the MSM would report much on us, if at all, if the total for any money bomb is less than what was raised on the 5th.

NinjaPirate
11-15-2007, 08:59 AM
If the Tea Party donor numbers approach even half of what many people are predicting, a Turkey bomb will not serve any valuable function, past fund raising.

To test the servers more than the 5th already did, we would have to have extraordinary numbers, which are not going to be achieved for a "stress test."

It all depends on how the plan is executed. If we do it throughout the day, then yes, it will not be effective. We'd have focus several thouand donations within a one hour timeframe.

Seriously, who is going to donate for a stress test, as opposed to the momentum the TeaParty has right now.

All the Turkey Bomb achieves is to deflate the Tea Party ever-so-slightly.

I will! And the donation amount is small, so it won't detract from the tea party. Plus, the campaign sent out an e-mail last night asking for more cash.

Naraku
11-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Yes, it has to be remembered that cash is the real issue, not coverage. Coverage is good for winning over supporters nationwide, but money is needed to focus in specific states through ads.