PDA

View Full Version : Tom Woods: Ron Paul Would Ignite the Debate If He Said This

Highstreet
01-26-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/ron-paul-would-ignite-the-debate-if-he-said-this/

I don't think Mr. Woods would mind if I post the entire thing here, but please visit his page, link this elsewhere, and like his facebook.

Ron Paul Would Ignite the Debate If He Said This

It’s now or never. Reignite the excitement of the Revolution by stealing the show.

(1) “The Tea Party’s key issues have been bailouts, debt, and spending. Mitt and Newt both supported the TARP bailouts. The whole people were against those bailouts, and the elites were for them. When the chips were down, Mitt and Newt sided with the New York Times and the cable news networks against you. Do you expect them to behave differently next time?

“I have opposed every bailout, every time. Does anyone here doubt my resolve? Given my consistent record over three decades, does anyone doubt those bailouts will stop cold under a President Paul?

“Newt boasts of his great accomplishments. But the Brookings Institution had it right when they said his Contract with America in 1994 was a lot of piddling around the edges, and represented no real threat to the status quo.

“You want a real threat to the status quo? You’re looking at him.

“On spending, everyone pretends to want to cut spending. How many times are we going to let them get away with fooling Republican voters? Who else on this stage has laid out a specific, line-by-line budget showing $1 trillion in savings in the first year? If you want to be lied to about spending cuts that never come — as has happened repeatedly under Republican rule, I am sorry to have to point out — and if you don’t care that your country is going bankrupt, don’t vote for me. Vote for one of them. But if you want someone who isn’t some slick talker, and who won’t ever back down, our campaign welcomes you with open arms.”

(2) “We can’t afford the knee-jerk intervention overseas anymore. And I am unconvinced that this policy is motivated by protecting us from radical Islam. Nobody seemed to mind that our party’s last nominee favored interventions in Bosnia, Kosovo, and Russia on behalf of Islamic forces. How about staying out of these conflicts, given that our government’s crazy foreign policy has succeeded only in cultivating radical Islam everywhere it has touched?

“Our campaign has received twice as much money in donations from active-duty military than all other Republican candidates combined, and I’ve been endorsed by the former head of the CIA’s Osama bin Laden unit, who says the other candidates are feeding you propaganda instead of the truth.

“Mitt Romney’s top donors are Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, and Morgan Stanley. Mine are the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force.

“I don’t know what part of ‘we are broke’ my opponents do not understand, but their grandiose plans to remake the world, which are the very opposite of what a conservative would propose, are even crazier when we’re on the verge of bankruptcy. Newt thinks bankruptcy is a actually good time to outfit a mission to Mars. Now I admit that might be worth the investment, but only if he wants to take Congress and the president with him.”

(3) “Tonight the media would like to entertain you with another episode of the Mitt and Newt Hour. Each will accuse the other of deviating from conservative principles, and each will be right. The fact is, these two are so close in philosophy you can hardly slide a credit card between them.

“It will be obvious during this debate, given how much time to speak these two men will receive, that the media has already decided what your choices for president should be. Since when do you trust the media with deciding who should be president? The very fact that they obviously favor the two gentlemen to my left is reason enough to hold them in suspicion.

“I am the one they fear. I am the one who will shut down the federal gravy train once and for all. They know I mean business, and that I’m not just giving pretty speeches. That’s why they ridicule and ignore me.

“And that’s exactly why I urge you to support me.”

FreeTraveler
01-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Tweeted #3 request. Here it is for those who want to tweet it themselves. Drive the point home!

@RonPaul (https://twitter.com/#!/RonPaul) Please use #3 from @ThomasEWoods (https://twitter.com/#!/ThomasEWoods) essay today. The grassroots will explode with joy. tomwoods.com/blog/ron-paul-… (http://t.co/v3Jq01EP)

@AgoristDon

Sola_Fide
01-26-2012, 03:35 PM
You know what would ignite the debate? If Tom Woods could debate Newt and Mitt. Then it would be case closed.

My fear is that Ron is not being as aggressive as he could be on TARP, Obamacare, electability, etc.

deputydon
01-26-2012, 03:36 PM
He should really just tell Gingrich that he would have a 1 on 1 debate with him. He'd have to accept after all his Obama debate talk.

Lord Xar
Woods knows people in the campaign. I don't see why comes out with these things the "day of"!! Why can't he just pass these suggestions onto someone IN THE CAMPAIGN!!!!!!

low preference guy
Tom Woods, run for office already. I know you're afraid of the race card, but it's been overused.

Lord Xar
01-26-2012, 03:38 PM
(3) “Tonight the media would like to entertain you with another episode of the Mitt and Newt Hour. Each will accuse the other of deviating from conservative principles, and each will be right. The fact is, these two are so close in philosophy you can hardly slide a credit card between them.

“It will be obvious during this debate, given how much time to speak these two men will receive, that the media has already decided what your choices for president should be. Since when do you trust the media with deciding who should be president? The very fact that they obviously favor the two gentlemen to my left is reason enough to hold them in suspicion.

“I am the one they fear. I am the one who will shut down the federal gravy train once and for all. They know I mean business, and that I’m not just giving pretty speeches. That’s why they ridicule and ignore me.

wow. If he just would MEMORIZE THIS and BAMMM!!!!

This isn't hard. It really isn't. Voters need a jumper cable to the brain - this would help. THIS WOULD BE A GAME CHANGER!!

Soon, we are gonna run out of chances for a game changer.

Sola_Fide
01-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Tom Woods, run for office already. I know you're afraid of the race card, but it's been overused.

Could you imagine the war chest he could amass with our support? It could rival Ron's.

RonPaul101.com
01-26-2012, 03:39 PM
The only thing I didn't like was:

If you want to be lied to about spending cuts that never come — as has happened repeatedly under Republican rule, I am sorry to have to point out — and if you don’t care that your country is going bankrupt, don’t vote for me. Vote for one of them. But if you want someone who isn’t some slick talker, and who won’t ever back down, our campaign welcomes you with open arms.”

Otherwise it was spot on.

Lord Xar
01-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Tweeted #3 request. Here it is for those who want to tweet it themselves. Drive the point home!

@RonPaul (https://twitter.com/#!/RonPaul) Please use #3 from @ThomasEWoods (https://twitter.com/#!/ThomasEWoods) essay today. The grassroots will explode with joy. tomwoods.com/blog/ron-paul-… (http://t.co/v3Jq01EP)

@AgoristDon

Who else can you tweet that to, in the campaign?

jasonxe
01-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Ignite the debate but not GOP base who main concern is attacking Obama. You can add this but FOCUS!!

GopBlackList
01-26-2012, 03:44 PM
RON PAUL NEEDS TO CHANNEL HIMSELF FROM THE MORTON DOWNEY, JR. SHOW BACK IN THE LATE 80S. THE DEBATE WOULD GO APES**T!!!!

Gravik
01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
COntact the campaign on campaign site too!!!

Tinnuhana
01-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Tom Woods = Aaron?
Ex 4:10-15
And I think Tom can't go tell the campaign because of his affiliation with RevPAC. That's probably why he just posts it on line.

Captain America
01-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Tom, please run for Senate or Governor.

Legend1104
01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Since Tom is in the revpac I don't know that he can have anything to do with him directly.

roversaurus
01-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Tweet all three.

Paul should stop trying to answer the question posed and divert it to these kinds of statements.

@AgoristDon

runamuck
01-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Who else can you tweet that to, in the campaign?

I just copied his tweet.

runamuck
01-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Woods cannot talk to the campaign at all unless we want arrest warrants and large fines to be dropped. Only we can share this with the campaign as a non-interested party.

cdc482
01-26-2012, 03:57 PM
please Please PLEASE! let the campaign read this in time for the debate!

angrydragon
01-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Maybe Ron could renege on the Foreign Policy issues and say "ya, let's bomb them, kill them...etc", then after he's elected say, "oops, I lied, I'll bring home the troops!"

Since they can't stand his foreign policy, yet love him for everything else.

C_J_Burns
01-26-2012, 03:58 PM
I think, He should ask the crowd if they want to beat Obama with style or with substance...

runamuck
01-26-2012, 04:00 PM
I think, He should ask the crowd if they want to beat Obama with style or with substance...

You know, that's actually not a bad idea. If a candidate directly addressed the audience and got a huge reaction - that would make news.

moonshine5757
01-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm telling yah with all these great suggestions from Tom Woods to the supporters on this forum there is no excuse for Ron Paul not to have a great night. Grab your balls and attack Newt, Mitt and the media. If Ron goes into professor mode and gives love taps to his competitors, and shies away from saying anything negative about the bias media i'm gonna F'IN THROW UP. Time to put on your big boy pants and fight Ronny boy.

Vet_from_cali
01-26-2012, 04:06 PM
GREAT GREAT RESPONSES. NOW ONLY IF RON PAUL DIDNT TWIDLE HIS THUMBS THIS DEBATE AND CHILL ON THE SIDE.

gb13
01-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Oh my God, this would be amazing. He'll never do it IMHO but it would be amazing.

ohgodno
01-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Where are all the people that flame others that create/add-to threads with similar topics…

**waits**

Cleaner44
01-26-2012, 04:14 PM
If Ron gave that statement he would be greeted by a standing ovation from everyone except the moderators. I wish he would...

carterm
01-26-2012, 04:16 PM
tweet wead

JoshS
01-26-2012, 04:17 PM
WouldWinRonTheElection/10

kill the banks
01-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Ike warned you about the MIC and how it would usurp ur liberty , I would add they have also usurped your media and any truth in it ... that is a serious conflict of interest ... there is now an effort to usurp the Internet as well at this very moment ... How can this be good for we the people to pursue the truth ? how can one make an informed decision ? if all you hear is their agenda propaganda for perpetual wars then we all lose ... there is only one step you can make to be sure this status quo is stopped and I am that choice , not Obama or anyone here ... my consistent record is my promise to you ... I will champion the real solution to restore America ~ and that is my oath to the constitution as president of the united states

Suzu
01-26-2012, 04:22 PM

wow. If he just would MEMORIZE THIS and BAMMM!!!!

This isn't hard. It really isn't. Voters need a jumper cable to the brain - this would help. THIS WOULD BE A GAME CHANGER!!

Soon, we are gonna run out of chances for a game changer.

He doesn't have to memorize, just carry a 3"x5" card with it written on, and use the card for help!

SonofThunder
01-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Maybe Ron could renege on the Foreign Policy issues and say "ya, let's bomb them, kill them...etc", then after he's elected say, "oops, I lied, I'll bring home the troops!"

Since they can't stand his foreign policy, yet love him for everything else.

This argument is so old and tired. "Ron is perfect, how dare you suggest he change his message!????!??!!!"

No one, on any of these threads, is suggesting that Ron change his message and certainly not his principles. All we're asking is that he update his delivery to the people who aren't already 100% solid Paulites.

That's what elections are about, you know, convincing people to vote for you. He can do that, and stay true to his principles, with a more aggressive delivery. That's all we're saying.

Oh I know, my join date is 2011, so how dare I? right. so old.

veto
01-26-2012, 04:30 PM
That's what really sucks about the whole thing, Ron by far has the best message and the best record yet people flock to the best speaker. I would imagine it's really hard the for him to change after 76 years.

Ronulus
01-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Could you imagine him saying those things, heads would explode in unison around the globe.

Giuliani was there on 911
01-26-2012, 04:37 PM

why would the race card be used ? Newsletters?

skytoucher
01-26-2012, 04:40 PM
If you're familiar with Leary's 8 circuit neurological model then you know that most people (Romney and Gingrich included) operate on circuit 2 ('us vs them' mentality) as opposed to circuit 3 (reason) that Dr Paul operates on. Mystics from all cultures throughout time have a saying: 'reason is a whore'. People who operate on circuit 2 don't respond to circuit 3 and if they do it will vanish as soon as someone starts talking circuit 2.

From a psychology pov, Tom Woods is putting Dr Paul's message in a circuit 2 format, thus it will resonate and people will go nuts.

Henry Hazlitt
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM
I love Tom Wood's and this is great. All Ron Paul needs is to hire Tom to help him with answers.

However Tom has no future in politics for one simple reason; he is an anarcho capitalist. Every debate would have moderators asking whether he thinks we should have a national military and questions of these sorts.

Hyperion
01-26-2012, 07:02 PM

:cool: This would be incredible. Ron has given some masterpieces on the House floor, but could you imagine how badly Thomas Woods would embarrass the boobs in Congress?

Hyperion
01-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Woods cannot talk to the campaign at all unless we want arrest warrants and large fines to be dropped. Only we can share this with the campaign as a non-interested party.

Why?

EBounding
01-26-2012, 07:05 PM
http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/ron-paul-would-ignite-the-debate-if-he-said-this/

Ron Paul Would Ignite the Debate If He Said This

Yeah, it would be nice. One can dream right? *sigh*

acptulsa
01-26-2012, 07:54 PM
He just ignited the debate by challenging the panel to a twenty-five mile bike ride in Houston heat. Works for me.

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-26-2012, 07:55 PM
He just cited Tom Wood's response!

SonofThunder
01-26-2012, 09:40 PM
He just cited Tom Wood's response!

Actually I think Tom Woods was citing one of Dr. Paul's earlier statements there (from the post debate party last time) but I'm glad RP used it again in the debate!

rpwasright
01-27-2012, 09:45 AM
IMO if Paul doesn't get the GOP nomination my ideal solution would be for him to drop out and endorse a Woods presidency. I know Tom will probably not run but with Pauls backing he could get enough poll numbers to get in a national debate with Obama and Romney (Gingrich will not win). Can you imagine a Debate of Obama/Romney against Tom Woods? Gets me giddy just thinking about it. He probably couldn't win but Paul ran twice on those odds why can't Woods. He is by far the best speaker on our side (far far better then Paul) he could do more for this message then Paul even could.

whippoorwill
01-27-2012, 10:01 AM
bump

tremendoustie
01-27-2012, 10:41 AM

Huh? What race card?