PDA

View Full Version : Debt Based Currency Explained

jay_dub
01-26-2012, 01:19 PM
One of Ron Paul's central themes is sound money. Here are a couple of videos that go a long way in explaining just how our system works and why it will fail. They are well worth the time it takes to watch. They explain why it is not the fact that we have fiat currency per se, but that it is the fact that it is DEBT BASED CURRENCY that makes the system unsustainable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk7QgHgA6rY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZkJtEcA8Cg&feature=related

Defrauded
01-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Both good videos. I don't think they go far enough pointing out the

diabolical goals of the global oligarchy. It's more than a theft of our

assets, it's also a taking control of our freedoms and enslaving an

entire world population. More Stalin and Hitlers on the rise to power.

jay_dub
01-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Both good videos. I don't think they go far enough pointing out the

diabolical goals of the global oligarchy. It's more than a theft of our

assets, it's also a taking control of our freedoms and enslaving an

entire world population. More Stalin and Hitlers on the rise to power.

You make a good point, but that's why I like them. They don't go into territory that some consider to be the 'tin foil hat' realm. It goes without saying that money = power, so it's an assumed point. These vids are kind of 'just the facts', which I like.

To, me, they break down what RP is saying about sound money. I thought they would be good for the average supporter here as these vids explain our currency system better than I've seen it explained before.

We are fast approaching the point in our debt where we will be going bankrupt just paying the interest. Last year we paid over $400 Billion in interest alone and that was on $14 Trillion debt. It is now slated to be $16 T and a good chance of $17 T before the election. Projections are that we will be paying up to $1 T in annual interest by 2020. That spells collapse of the entire system.

My hope is that RP is elected or we will be seeing that day of reckoning and this country will rue the day it ignored Ron Paul.

iamse7en
01-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Beware, Ron Paulers. Some of these types of videos may lead you to the greenback philosophy, one that is flawed and contradictory to what RP teaches. If you want to learn more about the Greenbackers and how they are wrong, see Gary North's extensive writings (http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Agarynorth.com+greenbackers). One of their intellectual leaders is Ellen Brown, who is a big-government leftist, who calls for the federal government to provide universal health care, social security, welfare safety nets, education, medical research, alternative energy, etc. She praised Bernanke's QE2 and FDR's New Deal. She wants Congress to print the money at no interest so government can provide all of these unconstitutional programs. Bill Still is also one of these greenbackers. They hate gold and monetary freedom. They want the government to maintain a monopoly-control on money. I applaud their efforts to disband the banking cartel and return accountability to Congress on "coining money and regulating the value thereof," but they ignore the constitutional definitions of money and legal tender, and Congress' role in providing a sound currency. Their solutions are bad and wrong. And some of them are committed leftists, pledging a big-government welfare state. (like Ellen Brown) I haven't watched these videos yet, but "debt-based currency" was a trigger.

Travlyr
01-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Beware, Ron Paulers. Some of these types of videos may lead you to the greenback philosophy, one that is flawed and contradictory to what RP teaches. If you want to learn more about the Greenbackers and how they are wrong, see Gary North's extensive writings (http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Agarynorth.com+greenbackers). One of their intellectual leaders is Ellen Brown, who is a big-government leftist, who calls for the federal government to provide universal health care, social security, welfare safety nets, education, medical research, alternative energy, etc. She praised Bernanke's QE2 and FDR's New Deal. She wants Congress to print the money at no interest so government can provide all of these unconstitutional programs. Bill Still is also one of these greenbackers. They hate gold and monetary freedom. They want the government to maintain a monopoly-control on money. I applaud their efforts to disband the banking cartel and return accountability to Congress on "coining money and regulating the value thereof," but they ignore the constitutional definitions of money and legal tender, and Congress' role in providing a sound currency. Their solutions are bad and wrong. And some of them are committed leftists, pledging a big-government welfare state. (like Ellen Brown) I haven't watched these videos yet, but "debt-based currency" was a trigger.

For sure. The same with Dennis Kucinich.

jay_dub
01-26-2012, 04:09 PM

The videos were about as apolitical as you can get, considering the subject. They are more a primer on the failure of debt based currency. One of the vids had the guy sitting at his desk with rolls of silver, so I think he was referring to sound money.

I'm not familiar with the people you mentioned, but will just say that what someone thinks of government's role in our lives has little to do with our currency system. They may be linked, but it's not necessary for them to be. There were big government politicians throughout our history, not just since we abandoned the gold system in 1971.