PDA

View Full Version : the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Energy?

VoteRonPaul2008
11-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Can someone explain to me why he wants to abolish them? and what, if anything he plans to replace them with?

Thanks..

pdavis
11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Can someone explain to me why he wants to abolish them?
Because they are bloated, inefficient, unconstitutional bureaucracies that never meet their intended goals.

and what, if anything he plans to replace them with?
A strong national defense, restoration of our gun rights, and a free market in energy.

tonyr1988
11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
He's against the DoE on constitutional grounds. There is no justification for the federal government usurping state power for controlling education.

I believe his opposition to the DoHS is that it is insanely inefficient. A big problem leading to 9/11 was the large bureaucracy in our military intelligence. To solve it they figured they would add another layer to the bureaucracy. They're still working out the details for it, *years* later.

So, I believe his primary opposition to the DoE is principled, and the DoHS is practical problems.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks! perfect.. I have all my rebutals except for medicare.. thank you all so much for your help!! truly paul supporters are the smartest!

Corydoras
11-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I think he wants to fold the functions of Homeland Security into the Defense Department, because, after all, the DoD is about defense.

Chickensoup
11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
The reasoning behind all of the wanted cutbacks in federal departments is the same. They are massively inefficient and they centralize power in Washington. The Constitution is very specific on what congress has control over. That is supposed to be the scope of the Federal government. Ones like DoE (and education) 1) dont work 2) are not provided for in the Constitution.

jmarinara
11-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanks! perfect.. I have all my rebutals except for medicare.. thank you all so much for your help!! truly paul supporters are the smartest!

Heres your rebuttal on medicare:

Ron Paul will not get rid of Medicare out right, but rather phase it out. Those who rely on it will get it, those who are already in waiting (i.e. those who are working now) will have the option to opt out. Those who arent even around yet (like my childrens children) will not have to worry about it, and that is a great thing.

It is great because it is a giant waste of tax dollars and the free market can do a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy better job. If your prospect rebuts that point, refer to your socialized medicine rebutals.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Thank you!!!!!!