PDA

View Full Version : These national GOP debates are your "bully pulpit"

Defrauded
01-26-2012, 11:11 AM
You are talking to your largest audience at one time.

Pick your topics, not the moderator's.

Talk to America on the issues they will not hear of in

the agenda of the "mainstream media.

Tell people to do their thinking/voting, not as groups,

but as free individuals.

Tell them not to be fooled by the unimportant topics

talked about the other candidates and moderators.

Explain to all, the dangerous crossroads we are at.

LineHogs
01-28-2012, 02:46 AM
Your asking Ron Paul to be Newt Gingrich lol. Don;'t get me wrong everythign you said is ABSOLUTELY true. But Ron Paul is Ron Paul. He's not some Ivy league debate class champion. The candidates get 30 seconds. Most of them hit general points and nonsensical rhetoric. Paul has to explain freedom to people in a way they've never thought of it.,,,,,, As a soution.

Take those two things and you can clearly see that the debates can hurt Paul a lot more than they can help him. His best bet is to use his opportunities on things he's truly passionate about and leave the "free air time" or the "bully pulpit" to the ivy league prep schooler kids who actually learned how to debate lol.

In the moments Paul is passionate in defense of Liberty he resonates well with people. Honest people recognize honest people. They witness the passion on the subject and that's how Paul reaches them. Try to make him into Newt and steal the stage and he will look like a crazy old bat lol. Love the guy but it's just not his strength. I'd tell him before every debate to push the message and relax.

Defrauded
01-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Well LINEHOGS, I don't understand your first sentence at all.

What I'm suggesting of Ron Paul is a little "Shock Therapy" of

the truth of our situation. Ron is a good orator. People have had

the wool over their eyes far too long. They need awakened. Now.

LineHogs
01-29-2012, 02:11 AM
It's pretty simple. Newt is great in the debates because Newt knows how to manage that "shock value" and deliver the punches. Paul.... is not Newt.... I'm not saying anything regarding substance of character or policy I'm just talking about their ability and approach to debate.

You had basically stated that you want Paul to be more engaging. I was simply replying that he doesn't have the knack to deliver that aspect and if he tried he would look like the angry John McCain V Obama last cycle lol. A desperate McCain tried to seize the momentum of the final debates and took to negative attacks. It was a complete failure and actually backfired.

Paul is passionate about freedom. When a subject gets under his feathers and he has the confidence and momentum to deliver in a political debate then he should seize the opportunity. I agree with you on that basic premise.

Defrauded
01-29-2012, 09:46 AM
LineHogs; You seem to be enthralled with Newt. This is between Ron Paul and the voters.

That's the whole point. The other candidates and the news moderators are distractions.

Forget your fixation on Newt and McCain. They're has-beens with dead ideas and no ideals.

It's the message of personal freedom and national security and sound money, that needs

attention and focus.

pacelli
01-29-2012, 10:05 AM
The next debate is scheduled for February 22. Between now and then, the following states will have primaries:

Florida
Nevada
Maine
Colorado
Minnesota
Missouri