PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Stronger than Newt in FL Poll vs. Obama

Tyler_Durden
01-26-2012, 10:10 AM
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-and-centers/polling-institute/florida/release-detail?ReleaseID=1695

Obama/Newt - 50/39%
Obama/Paul - 47/39%

Paul also ties Obama with 41% of independents while Newt loses independent votes to Obama 50/33%!

This seems compelling to me and I felt it important to post since many of the "vs Obama" polls being touted on the MSM omit Paul.....

Pennsylvania
01-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Seems wrong to me

swissaustrian
01-26-2012, 10:13 AM
ELECTABLE.

ItsTime
01-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Seems wrong to me

How so other than this one has Ron a little lower than others I have seen?

rp2012win
01-26-2012, 10:16 AM
This is only a poll of FL.

Pennsylvania
01-26-2012, 10:23 AM
How so other than this one has Ron a little lower than others I have seen?

I completely missed the FL part. Been off caffeine for 5 days though :o

IterTemporis
01-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Wow, this is amazing..

LawnWake
01-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Totally random but...Is it just me or is Gingrich to the left of Obama, btw? I mean, not even Obama is willing to spend billions on both war and an effin' moonbase.

So in a way, I do totally wanna see them debate. Only to see a Democrat being 'out-Bolsheviked' by a Republican.

Tyler_Durden
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM
I honestly think that Paul should play this up and combine it with all of the info currently on Drudge indicating Newt is NOT a Reagan Republican. That could help with the older voters....

Working Poor
01-26-2012, 10:40 AM
I know a lot of people in Florida most of them support Ron go Florida!!

IterTemporis
01-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Maybe I should just make a picture in Photoshop that shows several different polls where Paul does very well with Obama, and compare them to Newt, including this one where he is in 2nd place in FL and Ron is in 4th, yet he does better than Newt v. Obama. So that it doesn't look like an obvious Pro-Paul flyer(as I know from experience that it turns people off), I could say that only Romney and Paul can compete with Obama.. And that Gingrich isn't on the ballot in several states..

Hmm..

A. Havnes
01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
The MSM shouldn't be allowed to omit this. Make it go viral, spam their homepage, DO SOMETHING!

Tyler_Durden
01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Maybe I should just make a picture in Photoshop that shows several different polls where Paul does very well with Obama, and compare them to Newt, including this one where he is in 2nd place in FL and Ron is in 4th, yet he does better than Newt v. Obama. So that it doesn't look like an obvious Pro-Paul flyer(as I know from experience that it turns people off), I could say that only Romney and Paul can compete with Obama.. And that Gingrich isn't on the ballot in several states..

Hmm..

+ rep for the idea.

Do it and get repped more!

evadmurd
01-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe we should have campaigned in FL.

Student Of Paulism
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
What i find odd about stuff like this when its relegated to a state Ron is doing poorly in with the general polling, is why doesnt it translate to votes? Hell, at 10% in most FL polls, most would have to do a double take when seening ones like this.

Basically, the only explanation is:

"Well, we think Ron can beat Obama better than anyone else, but we will vote for Newt anyway because ....uhhh ....well i dunno, just because" :rolleyes:

Charles Pfohl
01-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Thank you Dr. Ron Paul supporters.

A. Havnes
01-26-2012, 10:56 AM

Hmm..

Do this and spread it around. The MSM isn't going to show this.

MrTudo
01-26-2012, 11:03 AM
I think it's pathetic to refer to this scumbag gingrich by his first name ( friends with him? LIKE him? USUALLY you refer to someone by there first name because you're friendly and last name because you're not friendly towards them. Therefore your reference to this scumbag gingrich by his first name and Dr Paul by his last name is telling.

Tyler_Durden
01-26-2012, 11:08 AM
I think it's pathetic to refer to this scumbag gingrich by his first name ( friends with him? LIKE him? USUALLY you refer to someone by there first name because you're friendly and last name because you're not friendly towards them. Therefore your reference to this scumbag gingrich by his first name and Dr Paul by his last name is telling.

Edited for tasteless and catty

MrTudo
01-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Seriously? Well I think you being a RPF Member since 2007 with less reps and less posts is telling.......jussayin my friend. Follow the numbers....

Pathetic.

Tyler_Durden
01-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Pathetic.

You negative repped me as a "possible Gingrich supporter" because I used Newts first name????

Are you serious? NOBP since 2007!

Since you're the Semantics police, perhaps you should do a Forum search and negative rep anyone who uses his first name.

Here's an example:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?355648-Drudge-Report-exposing-Newt-s-quot-love-quot-for-Reagan&highlight=Newt

Lots of people in that thread using Newts first name. Better go negative rep them all....

MrTudo
01-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Maybe you might try working rather than playing all day on message boards. You might earn some respect that way. Otherwise whatever you have to say to me is laughable.

I'm not playing symantics. It's a fact.

Tyler_Durden
01-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Maybe you might try working rather than playing all day on message boards. You might earn some respect that way. Otherwise whatever you have to say to me is laughable.

I'm not playing symantics. It's a fact.

//

MrTudo
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
It's semantics. And you should go FYS...

It's a fact and I'm just Too busy working and being productive in my life.

Tyler_Durden
01-26-2012, 01:00 PM

I would support a Paul/gingrich cabinet.

You join RPF Forum in 2007 and post 1 article. There are no other article posts from you until December 2011. Who are you?

MrTudo
01-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Excuse me jerk off but I need to work here. While parasites like you pretend you support something the only thing you do support is unlimited time to play on message boards. Grow up.

You are a phoney.

I can also see you are the type of asshole that feels a need to get the last word in. Go ahead. Loser.

sailingaway
01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Seems wrong to me

In that there is a bigger gap with Ron than usual? Yeah, I agree, but I think it is temporary because Ron isn't competing, really, in Florida and it impacts his poll numbers. But in terms of being better than Gingrich, Gingrich consistently polls dead last against Obama of all the remaining candidates, and Ron consistently polls second best against Obama after Romney, and sometimes does better than Romney.

sailingaway
01-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Excuse me jerk off but I need to work here. While parasites like you pretend you support something the only thing you do support is unlimited time to play on message boards. Grow up.

You are a phoney.

I can also see you are the type of asshole that feels a need to get the last word in. Go ahead. Loser.

I call him Newt sometimes too. I assure you it isn't out of affection.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/img/photos/2012/01/25/27/70/No_Newt.PNG

millercards
01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
We need more. All of the ones you know need to be convincing ones that they know.

Crazy longshot to win... but what if we took 3rd with high teens %. Or even hit 20?

That'd look a lot better to the outsiders.

sailingaway
01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Thank you Dr. Ron Paul supporters.

Welcome to the forums!!

but to a couple of the others, take it outside....or to the basement if the conversation is really worth continuing.

IterTemporis
01-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Wow.. I got my first negative rep because I used Newt instead of Gingrich.. I shall be the better person though, and not neg rep you back.

Likes scumbags like gingrich and doesn't like Dr Paul

I apologize if I do not follow the same code of diction as you do. Please realize that not everyone is like you, and I pay no attention as to whether I use the first or last name. It skips back and forth as you can clearly see in my post: I used both Newt and Gingrich, and I also used both Ron and Paul. I also often use Dr. Paul because I highly respect that he was a doctor. To say that that is your basis for saying that I like Newt does not particularly make any sense to me..

But no matter.. You are the one who is getting worked up over nothing..

Tyler_Durden
01-26-2012, 06:15 PM
CNN just showed the mitt/newt vs. Obama results of this survey, but omitted Paul. Go figure....

unknown
01-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Totally random but...Is it just me or is Gingrich to the left of Obama, btw? I mean, not even Obama is willing to spend billions on both war and an effin' moonbase.

So in a way, I do totally wanna see them debate. Only to see a Democrat being 'out-Bolsheviked' by a Republican.

Its no question that he's further to the Left. He's been pushing for an Obamacare type mandate since he was Speaker...

Medicare Part D. Depending on the source, $8 to $16 trillion unfunded liability...