PDA

View Full Version : Is It Time Now for Ron Paul's Bully Move...?

RonPaul101.com
01-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Is it time for a really big play on electibility even though some will see it as 'politician like'? Purists will say it's about the message not the man, even if we don't win, blah, blah. Me, I want to win the election, and I fear not that the message will be lost in doing so because Ron Paul is solidly committed.

That said, I would like to see a segway towards giving this type of answer, especially if he is asked about "3rd Party" or "why skip FL?" (which you know is coming) - those could easily be segwayed into this answer:

"I use to defend the notion that I was wrongfully labeled as unelectible, however now I welcome that question. I get asked several times a day if I will run 3rd party, and do you know the real answer to that question? It's that it doesn't even matter if I run 3rd party or not. The voters who really want change in this country understand that I am the only candidate who will deliver real change.

Regardless of if I run for a 3rd party or not, and even if I were to endorse another candidate, these voters think for themselves and won't let anyone else decide their vote; not even me. {Chuckle} Without me as the GOP nominee, Obama will be reelected regardless of what I decide in the future. Obama won in 2008 because of young energized voters and independent voters. I received more of the young voters than all three men on stage here combined through the first 3 states! Republican voters need to realize that I am the only viable candidate that can beat Obama."

MrGoose
01-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Obama will be reelected regardless of what I decide in the future. Obama won in 2008 because of young energized voters and independent voters. Do you know I received more of the young voters than all three men on stage here combined through the first 3 states? Republican voters need to realize that I am the only viable candidate that can beat Obama."

This.

gb13
01-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Boom!

RonPaul101.com
01-26-2012, 10:26 AM
I think it's obvious that Paul could bully voters into voting for him. The question is should he and when?

I really don't see this as mean or underhanded at all. It's like a person who wants to be accepted into a social group based on their merit and intellect, yet no one pays them much attention. Then one day they say, hey guys, drinks are on me and now everyone loves him. It's kind of sad for those who didn't listen to the real message originally, but certainly not for the person who did what it took to be heard.

nasaal
01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
I want a different kind of bully moment. I want a lay it all out on the table for all to see moment. Talk about his struggles and what he endured in politics. How he wasn't gonna let anyone stop him from coming back in 96. Gingrich did everything he could to keep Paul away, and he threw the book right back in his face. Talk about the fights he's been having in washington and why it really doesn't work in his favor. Talk about the duplicity of Romney and Santorum in their claims of conservatism. Bring the house down with a night where for once Paul talks about himself instead of everything else. Because he is an example of our issues at work. A man of integrity who can't catch a break to save a life. Bring it all crashing down around him, and we'll pick up the pieces while others stare with slack jaws and amazement.

Muttley
01-26-2012, 11:00 AM
I want a different kind of bully moment. I want a lay it all out on the table for all to see moment. Talk about his struggles and what he endured in politics. How he wasn't gonna let anyone stop him from coming back in 96. Gingrich did everything he could to keep Paul away, and he threw the book right back in his face. Talk about the fights he's been having in washington and why it really doesn't work in his favor. Talk about the duplicity of Romney and Santorum in their claims of conservatism. Bring the house down with a night where for once Paul talks about himself instead of everything else. Because he is an example of our issues at work. A man of integrity who can't catch a break to save a life. Bring it all crashing down around him, and we'll pick up the pieces while others stare with slack jaws and amazement.

I like this, but also the comment above.

Talk about yourself Ron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are too good of a man to let this movement pass you by. A little self pumping doesn't make you a bad person, afterall, it would be no different then the attacks on Grinch. You're just telling the truth.

PolicyReader
01-28-2012, 03:10 AM
I think both are good ideas, and from my little slice of the world it seems like the one proposed by nasaal would be most effective coming first followed by the second one. Honestly I think the OP is an idea that's quite well suited to a 'kill shot' on Romney and thus (depending on how the race shapes up) is better saved for later when the field has thinned (or at least for maximum effect on Super Tuesday). The thing is that it could inspire a certain amount of resentment and might push voters away *if they think they have an option* but if it were down to Mitt and Ron, well that as far as I can see would be a whole other story. The situation is simply and thus the facts are plainer (and harder to ignore).

alucard13mmfmj
01-28-2012, 03:14 AM
im sure he knows what he is doing and when to act... if not ill be dissapointed :p..

Tod
01-28-2012, 03:37 AM
I wouldn't call it bullying at all. It is simply a matter of explaining the facts of the matter to the rest of the GOP. They need to face reality sooner or later, and, unless they are either willing to cut their nose off to spite their face OR would be actually be happier with Obama than Paul (both real possibilities), it would be better sooner than later.

They need to understand that if Obama is re-elected, it is merely because the GOP didn't get behind Paul.

alucard13mmfmj
01-28-2012, 04:05 AM
I wouldn't call it bullying at all. It is simply a matter of explaining the facts of the matter to the rest of the GOP. They need to face reality sooner or later, and, unless they are either willing to cut their nose off to spite their face OR would be actually be happier with Obama than Paul (both real possibilities), it would be better sooner than later.

They need to understand that if Obama is re-elected, it is merely because the GOP didn't get behind Paul.

I have trouble understanding that most people will understand that its because of the GOP's fault and not Ron's fault... in the event the GOP loses to Obama.

Only option is for Ron Paul to win the presidential election. Any other option will be spinned against us.

-Ron Paul wins GOP nomination. MSM will still be biased. Ron Paul loses because of biased and Ron Paul gets blamed.
-Newt or Romney wins nomination. Ron Paul probably wont endorse either, but wont run third party. GOP loses and GOP blames Ron Paul.
-Ron Paul runs third party. Obviously, GOP will blame Ron Paul for taking away 5-15% of the votes.

Only option is to win win win! This is it! Its just been 3-4 states so far... like 45 states to go ^^. I think Ron will ride this entire thing out to spread the message.

BigByrd47119
01-28-2012, 04:09 AM
Is it fair to say that we want to see him get a little feisty and begin introducing emotion into his intellectual responses? It seems to me that most of the general public respond well to emotion and, although we can see it at certain times, he typically seems to be devoid of much emotion other than conviction from a general public perspective. It's almost time to start getting angry, just need to make sure its cool, calculated and well directed anger...

speciallyblend
01-28-2012, 04:42 AM
Is it time for a really big play on electibility even though some will see it as 'politician like'? Purists will say it's about the message not the man, even if we don't win, blah, blah. Me, I want to win the election, and I fear not that the message will be lost in doing so because Ron Paul is solidly committed.

That said, I would like to see a segway towards giving this type of answer, especially if he is asked about "3rd Party" or "why skip FL?" (which you know is coming) - those could easily be segwayed into this answer:

"I use to defend the notion that I was wrongfully labeled as unelectible, however now I welcome that question. I get asked several times a day if I will run 3rd party, and do you know the real answer to that question? It's that it doesn't even matter if I run 3rd party or not. The voters who really want change in this country understand that I am the only candidate who will deliver real change.

Regardless of if I run for a 3rd party or not, and even if I were to endorse another candidate, these voters think for themselves and won't let anyone else decide their vote; not even me. {Chuckle} Without me as the GOP nominee, Obama will be reelected regardless of what I decide in the future. Obama won in 2008 because of young energized voters and independent voters. I received more of the young voters than all three men on stage here combined through the first 3 states! Republican voters need to realize that I am the only viable candidate that can beat Obama."

boom excellent^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, add my 2 cents i say we protest in front of all the ron paul hq's:) and call the national campaign and email them to. Ron Paul Slam the RP Campaign:) with this very theme!!!!! His way of officially explaining our grassroots voting theme of NO ONE BUT PAUL.

Give them a Truth BOMB to give to the media that has nothing to do with the campaign just our individual votes. We could also do a grassroots type of letter etc and start using the pr news releases at the national level,state and local in one quick "swift" type of pac to educate the media why it is NO ONE BUT PAUL from the grassroots level. I am sure someone here at rpf can be a spokesperson on this.

speciallyblend
01-28-2012, 04:51 AM

Tod Rulz^^^^^

Sentinelrv
01-28-2012, 04:59 AM
Yes, it's getting close to the time where Ron should start doing this. Let's help speed up the process by promoting the No One But Paul Money Bomb. We need more promoters...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353274-No-One-But-Paul-Money-Bomb-Planning-amp-Promotion-Goal-20-000-Facebook-Event-Pledges!

speciallyblend
01-28-2012, 05:13 AM
Yes, it's getting close to the time where Ron should start doing this. Let's help speed up the process by promoting the No One But Paul Money Bomb. We need more promoters...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353274-No-One-But-Paul-Money-Bomb-Planning-amp-Promotion-Goal-20-000-Facebook-Event-Pledges!

fb'ed again signed pledge

Sentinelrv
01-28-2012, 05:14 AM
Thanks!

Highstreet
01-28-2012, 10:25 AM

Excellent answer!!

thoughtomator
01-28-2012, 10:27 AM
every electability question answer should end with "... and that's why the Republican Party isn't going to beat Obama unless I'm the nominee."

RickyJ
01-28-2012, 10:41 AM
You are political neophyte if you think Obama has chance in hell of second term, that is not going to happen. The economy has guaranteed that he will lose. The republican candidates are not vying for the just the GOP nomination now, they are vying for the Presidency. Whoever the Republican nominee is will be the next president.

Gary4Liberty
01-28-2012, 11:06 AM
ok so he didnt actually say this, its just what you wish he would say?

economics102
01-28-2012, 11:09 AM

The fact that you scripted a "chuckle" in your hypothetical speech for Ron Paul is kinda creepy.

Other than that, good idea.

thoughtomator
01-28-2012, 11:13 AM
You are political neophyte if you think Obama has chance in hell of second term, that is not going to happen. The economy has guaranteed that he will lose. The republican candidates are not vying for the just the GOP nomination now, they are vying for the Presidency. Whoever the Republican nominee is will be the next president.

Speak for yourself. I remember things looking every bit as bad for Clinton in 1996. You underestimate the power of media bias.

RickyJ
01-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Speak for yourself. I remember things looking every bit as bad for Clinton in 1996. You underestimate the power of media bias.

The economy was booming in 1996, that is why Clinton got reelcted. The average Joe didn't give a crap what we was doing in the Oval office as long as the economy was booming.

In 1992 it was "it's the economy stupid" that won the election for Clinton, and that is exactly what it will be this election, "it's the economy stupid", that will win the election for the Republican candidate.

thoughtomator
01-28-2012, 11:24 AM
One Republican candidate actually offers something different from Obama, economy-wise, so the other three would have a harder time in the general than you anticipate. Obama has had some modest success blaming the GOP for the situation, and he's not completely wrong on that.