PDA

View Full Version : Australian PM confronted by angry Aborigine protestors

Schiff_FTW
01-26-2012, 09:21 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/26/article-2092021-1176D7E1000005DC-697_634x416.jpg

Chaotic: Miss Gillard stumbles and loses a shoe in the scuffle, but is caught by her personal security guard

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/26/article-2092021-117735AF000005DC-639_634x421.jpg

Scramble: Riot police help her force a path through a crowd of rowdy protesters following a ceremony to mark Australia Day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092021/Australian-PM-dragged-safety-crowd-aborigines-protesters-ambushed-restaurant.html

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard clung to her bodyguard as she was dragged to safety through a crowd of angry protesters in Canberra today.

Riot police formed a shield around the prime minister as they helped her force a path through the protesters who surrounded a restaurant where she was attending an awards ceremony to mark Australia Day.

Miss Gillard stumbled after losing a shoe in the scuffle, but was caught by her personal security guard and managed to get into a waiting car.

Video at link

Tim Calhoun
01-26-2012, 09:28 AM
I can't stand that woman.

Acala
01-26-2012, 10:53 AM
What? Angry aboriginal protesters and not a single boomerang launched? How the mighty have fallen.

RP-AUSTRALIA
01-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Everyone over here hates Gillard. We were happy about this incident.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Everyone over here hates Gillard. We were happy about this incident.

Welcome to RPF !

While i personally feel that hate is too strong a mantra , it is certainly understandable why people are extremely pissed at their governments for continually screwing them over

oyarde
01-27-2012, 11:23 AM
What have they been doing to screw the natives lately ?

The_Ruffneck
01-27-2012, 04:03 PM
What have they been doing to screw the natives lately ?
They just want more free benefits from the government.
Seriously the Aboriginals that live in the country and have honest lives also think these freeloaders are scum and with the governments insane $5000 handout when you have a new baby thats just causing the leeches to breed more for the moolah.

StilesBC
01-27-2012, 05:04 PM
They just want more free benefits from the government.
Seriously the Aboriginals that live in the country and have honest lives also think these freeloaders are scum and with the governments insane $5000 handout when you have a new baby thats just causing the leeches to breed more for the moolah.

When I was living in Oz, I remember reading an article about how Aborigines felt they were getting ripped off because natives in Canada, US, NZ and elsewhere were all getting way more benefits from the government. I couldn't help shake my head. Do they even realize that the conditions our natives live in are no better than theirs, despite all the free dough? They should read about Attawapiskat. $50,000/yr per person for decades. Result? Abject 3rd world poverty.

They do have some legit grievances. It was legal to shoot them until the 70's.

Aus4RP
01-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Aboriginals get free health-care, money to study, Aboriginal legal-aid, which is better funded than normal legal-aid, even being an Aboriginal is now concidered a "qualification" in job descriptions so employers can advertised aboriginal only jobs so they get a $5000 rebate. Waiting lists for dental care for the poor is measured in years, Aboriginal dentists have waiting lists of weeks. They have aboriginal only day care centres, while everyone else struggles to find a place. Interest free loans for houses and cars. List goes on- and on.

I hate our nations Cultural Marxists leaders as much as the next beer drinkin' bbq lovin' bronze aussie, but F-me, this generation of Aboriginals are an insult to their ansesters who really DID have something to protest about.