01-26-2012, 08:02 AM
39 Romney

31 Gingrich

12 Santorum

9 Paul

Faux news reporting

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 08:04 AM
"Ron Paul supporters not likely to support GOP nominee" - Scott Rasmussen on Faux news at 0905.

Patrick Henry
01-26-2012, 08:06 AM
I will support the nominee as it will be Paul! IF it isn't the good Dr. then yes, he is right.
"Ron Paul supporters not likely to support GOP nominee" - Scott Rasmussen on Faux news at 0905.

Patrick Henry
01-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Do we want Romney to win FL? I think a Grinch win would be better as his organization is weak.

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 08:09 AM
I will support the nominee as it will be Paul!

It has become clear that the GOP rank and file prefers Obama to freedom.

So I, and you and millions of our fellow patriots will give them what they want.

No One But Paul!!!

Anti Federalist
Do we want Romney to win FL? I think a Grinch win would be better as his organization is weak.

I would much rather have a Grinch win in FL.

I think faux is starting to get the picture that this election isn't going to end well for the gop

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Also, in the reporting of the new Rasmussen numbers, Faux news glossed over what Paul v. Obama's numbers were.

I'd be curious to know.

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 08:11 AM
I think faux is starting to get the picture that this election isn't going to end well for the gop

I hope all the RP people HOLD and blow this thing out in the fall.

Krugerrand
01-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Nonsense. Of course we'll support and vote for Ron Paul after he wins the GOP nomination.

Patrick Henry
01-26-2012, 08:12 AM
The numbers must look good for Paul.
Also, in the reporting of the new Rasmussen numbers, Faux news glossed over what Paul v. Obama's numbers were.

I'd be curious to know.

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Nonsense. Of course we'll support and vote for Ron Paul after he wins the GOP nomination.

LoL +rep for Mandatory Optimism.

Patrick Henry
01-26-2012, 08:16 AM
I hope we beat Santorum.

http://davidlrattigan.com/christopher_lee_dracula.jpg

A. Havnes
No one but Paul.

I hope all the RP people HOLD and blow this thing out in the fall.

After all that has transpired, I can't see how any of us would fall in line and vote for Gingrich or Romney. Maybe some will vote Obama for personal reasons or to stick it to the GOP. Some might do a write in for Ron, some might vote 3rd party. I hope Ron is on the ballot 3rd party.

I know it's mathematically possible for Ron to be the GOP nominee, but the odds are very slim.

01-26-2012, 08:17 AM
double post

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 08:18 AM
After all that has transpired, I can't see how any of us would fall in line and vote for Gingrich or Romney. Maybe some will vote Obama for personal reasons or to stick it to the GOP. Some might do a write in for Ron, some might vote 3rd party. I hope Ron is on the ballot 3rd party.

Some went wobbly in 2008 and voted McCain.

swissaustrian
01-26-2012, 08:21 AM
nevermind

sailingaway

We want anti Romney voters and don't want them all flowing to Grinch because he is perceived stronger against Romney. I want Romney to win.

Mark37snj
Romney with 39% support to Gingrich’s 31%. Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum earns 12%, and Texas Congressman Ron Paul runs last with nine percent (9%). Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and seven percent (7%) are undecided.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/florida/2012_florida_republican_primary

asurfaholic
01-26-2012, 08:22 AM

You can see the future? You posted a minute early.

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 08:24 AM
You can see the future? You posted a minute early.

Yes, I can see through time.

sailingaway
01-26-2012, 08:24 AM
This says Ron got 9%. Also, if you look at their questions they were ALWAYS asked with Ron asked for last, not rotated.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/florida/2012_florida_republican_primary

Just saying

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 08:26 AM
Romney with 39% support to Gingrich’s 31%. Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum earns 12%, and Texas Congressman Ron Paul runs last with nine percent (9%). Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and seven percent (7%) are undecided.

Thanks for that, I had misreported 12 for Paul.

That's what they reported.

RonPaul101.com
01-26-2012, 08:26 AM

It would be better for us if Newt gets one more win away from Romney; it buys us time as we get through these two very difficult contests for Paul. We'd much prefer to catch a slime like Newt long term if it got to that point.

Also, beating Santorum will help moral.

tsetsefly
01-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Ive been debating this myself but I think we want Romney.

Romney is more likely to do well in caucus states as is Paul because of $ and organization, if the grinch loses here and doesnt win any of the next 3 or 4 caucus states and comes behind Paul in 2 or 3 (which is certainly pausible) then there is a greater chance we see him dropping out. THere is no way Romney will drop out.

Kandilynn
01-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Of course I'm going to vote for Ron Paul when he wins.

If he doesn't win, I'm going to try to get him on the Americans Elect ticket.

tbone717
01-26-2012, 08:39 AM
We want anti Romney voters and don't want them all flowing to Grinch because he is perceived stronger against Romney. I want Romney to win.

Agreed. The longer Newt is in this, the longer it gets dragged out. Everyone else has risen and fallen, the only two candidates that have had steadiness to some degree are Paul and Romney. I think Newt is going to fall, and likely fall fast. Drudge seems to be very much out to get him judging by how his page is plastered with Anti-Newt stuff galore.

Sarge
01-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Top center of Drudge this am.

"Gingrich admits ABC claim was false."

So he admits he lied to the public during the debate.

I suspect Mitt just might pound on that one a bit. John King didn't take to kindly to being beat up on national tv and went after Newt due to his attack on John.

01-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Top center of Drudge this am.

"Gingrich admits ABC claim was false."

So he admits he lied to the public during the debate.

I suspect Mitt just might pound on that one a bit. John King didn't take to kindly to being beat up on national tv and went after Newt due to his attack on John.

King laid down and took it from Newt. It was obviously a pre-planned softball and a classic political op for the benfit of the sheeple.

tbone717
01-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Best case scenario:

Florida: Romney, Newt, Paul, Santorum (Santorum drops out) followed by, Nevada: Paul, Romney, Newt. This would be the game changer we need.

thelaibon
01-26-2012, 08:50 AM
How likely is it that Paul wins Nevada? Is he the favorite going in? What are the realistic odds of him winning? Not a rhetorical question.

thelaibon
01-26-2012, 08:52 AM
I agree that Santorum dropping out can only help as fewer people on-stage give Paul more media time (obviously we can assume still unbalanced, but beter nonetheless).

Where are Santorum supporters likely to go after he drops out?

Krugerrand
01-26-2012, 08:54 AM
I agree that Santorum dropping out can only help as fewer people on-stage give Paul more media time (obviously we can assume still unbalanced, but beter nonetheless).

Where are Santorum supporters likely to go after he drops out?

Where ever Faux News tells them too.

01-26-2012, 08:54 AM
How likely is it that Paul wins Nevada? Is he the favorite going in? What are the realistic odds of him winning? Not a rhetorical question.

Not likely. Romney is favored in the polls with Gingrich gaining. Ron only broke out of single digits in one NV poll.

tbone717
01-26-2012, 09:04 AM

Not likely, but very much needed. Not only to establish Paul as a legitimate candidate with the average voter,but to reinvigorate the grassroots to donate and volunteer. We have four caucuses coming up, if Paul goes 0 for 4, then you can expect to see the grassroots support begin to dry up. Many of us sacrifice a lot of time and money for the campaign. There comes a limit to what we can do, and how long we can do it. If we don't see a win soon, then it becomes more difficult to expect the same people that have been supporting the campaign to continue to do so, and nearly impossible to bring new people on board to volunteer.

We have been doing PFH to NV for a while now. Maybe over a month. If we can't get a victory there, I don't think we can anywhere at that point. At least a victory that is going to matter.

klamath
01-26-2012, 09:05 AM
How likely is it that Paul wins Nevada? Is he the favorite going in? What are the realistic odds of him winning? Not a rhetorical question. Pretty low. high mormon population in eastern Nevada.
Losing all three of the first states has destroyed any momentum as many of us said it would.

Student Of Paulism
01-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Pretty low. high mormon population in eastern Nevada.
Losing all three of the first states has destroyed any momentum as many of us said it would.

Well, that is a little overboard, i mean, he DID do very well in IA (got ripped off anyway and everyone knows he won it due to all the vote count issues). Did you guys know that IA hasn't officially even declared a winner yet? Yea, they show Rick now 'winning' but they HAVE NOT actually declared a winner. No one really even knows who won it, and the State GOP has yet to do a thing about the 8 missing precincts, as well as no mention of Ron's new count. The missing precincts also came from a highly populated area (Ames) with loads of young voters (college kids) that ron supposedly had 50% support of in that area. Jee, how convenient that area goes missing :rolleyes:

NH went according to plan and the momentum afterward was great, but way too shortlived. Several mistakes and bad planning in SC + the bad debate he had is what formed this current pot hole. Perhaps they underestimated how important SC really was last year when they started the run and maybe should have decided to be more competitive there from the onset. This current 2 week dry spell right now is what totally sucks. During this time, the msm is spinning him as a tag along and ignoring him and that is going to sink into the average voter's mind. That's never a good thing.

There is still time left, but NV is being way over hyped by some. It's loaded with mormon communities which will obviously go with Mitt. Yea, Ron was in 2nd there last time, but by how much? 50 something percent compared to 16 isn't exactly a 'close second'. It's just way too pro-romney over there. Then, the latest MN poll ppp did shows Newt leading well. So already his chances out those 4 seem to be cut in half.

It's too bad Montana, Louisiana and some of the other states he is doing well in, didn't have their primaries/caucuses sooner to give him the boost he will need.

Anyway, sure hope Ron and the crew have an ace up their sleeve to play, because February is make or break.

IterTemporis
01-26-2012, 09:25 AM

I disagree, I want Romney to win. Gingrich is difficult to take down. I understand that he has a horrible record, but people judge on face appearances and the way he comes across in debates is very favorable to people. It would slow down his momentum. Paul needs to become the anti-Romney, because if Gingrich is deemed the anti-Romney, the amount of momentum he gains may be too much to stop.

thelaibon
01-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Anyway, sure hope Ron and the crew have an ace up their sleeve to play, because February is make or break.
Agreed, momentum is the name of the game here. The general public votes for people who they think have realistic shot of winning. They don't want their vote to be "wasted." Even tho a vote for Paul is a vote for a movement altogether, and that is progress, the general public knows that in practical terms, it's a wasted vote in the election itself. Like Tbone said above, Paul's campaign has got to show people that he CAN win by winning a state, and SOON. Die-hards will follow him endlessly, but that alone isn't enough. The planners, organizers, etc, as said above, must get exhausted.

MrTudo
01-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Not only is it Ron Paul or nobody, if the parasitical republican party doesn’t wake up and do the right thing soon such as support Dr Paul and the Ron Paul movement, I shall personally work to help any group that works to deny the republicans what they want the most, an election win, local, state and federal. Put that in your pipe and smoke it

realtonygoodwin
01-26-2012, 10:02 AM
If Gingrich wins FLORIDA, it is nearly impossible for any candidate to get the required number of delegates.

pebcak
01-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Not only is it Ron Paul or nobody, if the parasitical republican party doesn’t wake up and do the right thing soon such as support Dr Paul and the Ron Paul movement, I shall personally work to help any group that works to deny the republicans what they want the most, an election win, local, state and federal. Put that in your pipe and smoke it

I'm thinking about running for state legislature in 4 years when my senator is term limited out. Will you just indiscriminately vote against every Republican even if it's a Paul Republican?

speciallyblend
01-26-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm thinking about running for state legislature in 4 years when my senator is term limited out. Will you just indiscriminately vote against every Republican even if it's a Paul Republican?

are you supporting status quo? if so then no vote for you. Better be clear on your message. I am out to destroy status quo gop. If your not running on ron paul's platform i will vote against you.

AngryCanadian
01-26-2012, 10:22 AM
9 Percent? yeah i doubt that Its Rasmussen what did you expect?

Krugerrand
01-26-2012, 11:07 AM
If Gingrich wins FLORIDA, it is nearly impossible for any candidate to get the required number of delegates.

I can't tell if that's good or bad.

XTreat
01-26-2012, 11:39 AM
A mitt win in FLm is preferable because newt votes go to us as the anti-romney vote. also mitt has the organization and money to the whole way and newt does not.

seapilot
01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
A mitt win in FLm is preferable because newt votes go to us as the anti-romney vote. also mitt has the organization and money to the whole way and newt does not.

Mitt wins = Newt starts to fall Ron Paul might pick up soft support from Newt, but so would Santorum.
Newt wins= Slows Mitts momentum in upcoming caucus states, Santorum more likely to drop out.

Most desirable scenario for Ron Paul in Florida at this point, Santorum takes 4th, then drops out.

tbone717
01-26-2012, 04:00 PM

How so?

Newt would have 73 total (23 from SC, 50 from FL). Romney would have 9 total (7 NH, 2 SC). Paul 3 (NH). The 28 from Iowa are unpledged, there are 2 (Huntsman) from NH that are now unpledged. That leaves 2171 remaining. It takes 1144 to win, so I am not understanding your point.