PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum Anyone else feel like Santorum is about to drop out?

Article V
01-26-2012, 05:28 AM
He seemed like he was feeling pretty defeated on TV last night. I know he says he's looking past Florida, but Newt and Romney are sucking up all the attention and Santorum has no organization or finances that allow him to compete without that attention.

It's pure speculation on my part. His energy just seemed really defeated as if he knew the end was near despite his rhetoric to the contrary.

thoughtomator
01-26-2012, 05:28 AM
yes

LisaNY
01-26-2012, 06:57 AM
No, unfortunately I do not. Santorum should never have come this far to begin, but now he's got all the evangelicals throwing Money at him

JacobG18
01-26-2012, 06:58 AM
No, unfortunately I do not. Santorum should never have come this far to begin, but now he's got all the evangelicals throwing Money at him

I agree with you, I think He is going to stay for the long run. I Hope that I am wrong and He drops out.

qh4dotcom
01-26-2012, 07:02 AM
The longer he sticks around the more likely he is to get a high paying job at Fox News...remember presidential candidate Mike Huckabee

LisaNY
01-26-2012, 07:05 AM
Santorum did work for Fox, they let him and newt go when they decided to run. Santorum will of course go back when this is over.

Darthbrooklyn
01-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Since the last debate, there has been ZERO Press coverage of Paul or Santorum.. A Casual Voter would think that the only people running are Newt/Romney

Merk
01-26-2012, 11:00 AM
After he launched that C.U.M. bomb, Frothy has over $3mil in new lube.

$3 million for an epic failure that sucked so bad he was voted out of office. It baffles the mind.

acptulsa
01-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Why would he do that? What he's doing beats working.

Working Poor
01-26-2012, 11:12 AM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn131/LordArzeron/th_heman_cum.gif

lol

bbartlog
01-26-2012, 11:13 AM
If Romney is the chosen one of the establishment, then Santorum won't face any pressure to drop so long as Gingrich (or Paul!) is a threat. His voters' second choice tends to be Gingrich, i.e. he breaks up the anti-Romney vote. In fact they might well encourage him to stay in, to the extent that they can.

The One
01-26-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't feel like Santorum is about to drop out, but then again, there are some activities I just don't participate in.

CaptUSA
01-26-2012, 11:51 AM
These boards are covered with Santorum dropping out.

I think I need a towel.

brushfire
01-26-2012, 11:56 AM
I was going to say... Santorum is more likely to ooze out.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080329191652/uncyclopedia/images/3/31/Dancing_Banana.gif

JuicyG
01-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Why would he drop out when he still gets decent % of votes and can further increase his brand. Speaking engagements, book tours and other such endeavors are very lucrative business. Also, the more delegates and % of votes he raises, the more leverage he has in negotiating a future a cabinet position.

All others candidates retired with some glory left as they knew was only humiliating defeat going further.

Article V
01-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Why would he drop out when he still gets decent % of votes and can further increase his brand. Speaking engagements, book tours and other such endeavors are very lucrative business. Also, the more delegates and % of votes he raises, the more leverage he has in negotiating a future a cabinet position.

All others candidates retired with some glory left as they knew was only humiliating defeat going further.10% (which is where he's polling in Florida) is not a decent % for a candidate trying to win the White House against people who are regularly getting 40%+. Staying in the race without an organization to help him recover after a complete trouncing in Florida jeopardizes his brand by putting him through a situation likely to result in continued public failure, continued public embarrassment, and growing public perceptions that he's in complete self-denial. Any boosts to his speaking engagement fees, book tours, etc. are already present and would be unnecessarily put at risk if he needlessly hurts his personal brand. Any leverage he has in negotiating a future cabinet position has likely already been secured.

Remember: Santorum is not Ron Paul, Santorum doesn't need delegates to secure political influence; Santorum secures his political influence by maintaining his now already-established strong personal brand. Ron Paul, on the other hand, secures his political influence by building on to his growing movement of people who view government through an entirely different lens than any other candidate.

HOLLYWOOD
01-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Foster Fries... the bankrolling billionaire fundraising Santorum's campaign.

News Corp still gives Santorum free air time on FNC

Santorum is there to keep Ron from gathering an additional 10%, that would put him in the thick of the race with 2 Democratic Progressives.

james1906
01-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Santorum is too stupid to know he's a pawn in all this. Or maybe he's smart and knows the book deal, talk show, and speaking engagements will be rolling in.

rambone
01-26-2012, 07:07 PM
He will drop when he is told to drop. Just like Perry.