PDA

View Full Version : We need an ad on the Police State

Emerick
01-26-2012, 05:01 AM
With all those attacks against liberty (Patriot Act, NDAA, SOPA, PIPA, ACTA, the power of TSA etc.), we need to expose the establishment, show how they're transforming America and the whole world into a big global dictatorship, 1984 world.

Here's a suggestion of script:

1) Show an image of the American Revolution, saying that the Founding Fathers gave their lives so Americans could be free. Tell how they were the minority.

2) Then, show images of Americans fighting for liberty, fighting against the nazis and the commies. Show the fall of the Berlin Wall.

3) Connect the fear propaganda to the loss of freedoms. Use the Gingrich speech in which he says that the government should allow some terrorist attacks every once in a while, so people remain always in fear. Talk about the Patriot Act, how it deprived Americans from the due process of law. Then show Gingrich, Romney, and Santorum saying they think Patriot Act should be extended.

4) Show Barack Obama as the fulfiller of that promiss: "they asked for it, Obama gave them".

5) Then show briefly something about NDAA (and how it was supported by the Republicans); then talk about the general attack against the internet.

6) Show Ron Paul as the only one who stood apart fighting those attacks against freedom. Show how, like the Founding Fathers, he has always sided with liberty, denouncing the Government, both parties.

7) End with a call: "it's time for us to fight for our liberties again. Maybe this is our last chance."

EDIT:

1) After exposing the growth of the Police State and showing how BOTH parties colaborate in this, that would be the time to put a succession of images with people of both parties and the media (on both sides: CNN, MSNBC, FOX, Rush, Hannity, Levin etc.) and say: "That's why they want you to be afraid of this man" - then start showing Ron Paul as the only one who has been consistent in the fight for liberty.

2) While exposing the attack to the free internet, one could insert that part of Santorum's speech in which he says the internet must be regulated.

3) When talking about NDAA, show Mitt saying in the debate that he would have approved it.

With this, we expose all the candidates - Mitt, Newt, Santorum, and Obama - and the media (left and right) at the same time, while we make the case for Ron Paul, associating him with freedom, the Constitution, and the Founding Fathers.

playpianoking
01-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Good script. I'll be on it later tonight after the debate.

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 06:22 AM
Great idea.

Only one problem that I can see: most Americans want the Police State.

Emerick
01-26-2012, 06:26 AM
Great idea.

Maybe so. But we won't say that we didn't let them to make a real choice. If they want to be slaves, then they deserve to be slaves.

01-26-2012, 06:37 AM
Didn't you watch revenge of the Sith?

Americans want a new galactic empire for a safe and secure society.

This is how liberty dies, to thunderous applause.

It's all happening in real life.

Butchie
01-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Great idea.

Yeah, that might be a good ad in the general, but most Republicans think the Patriot Act and all that is a good thing.

Emerick
01-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Yeah, that might be a good ad in the general, but most Republicans think the Patriot Act and all that is a good thing.

The question is: how many Republicans want a Police State?

Suppose that the ratio is 60/40 (I tend to think it's less, since 46% of Republicans favor a non-interventionist foreign policy, which is more controversial to Republicans). The point here is this: we must get those 40% for us, show them that only Ron Paul will preserve their freedoms. The other 60% can be split between the others.

That's exactly why Gingrich is talking about the Gold Standard and the FED. He knows that right now a lot of Americans sympathize with Ron's cause, so he must try to get these votes.

We must show right now our big difference with them: they all want a Police State, a Big Government, Big Brother style. Ron is the only who truly opposes it.

Of course, the campaign could do one very smart move: make a press conference in which Ron gives a great speech relating these topics: foreign policy, police state, and the economy.

(Maybe if Ron gets forth in Florida, he could make this. People might think he's dropping out. And then he delivers a powerfull truth bomb on their heads...)

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Maybe so. But we won't say that we didn't let them to make a real choice. If they want to be slaves, then they deserve to be slaves.

We mostly are slaves now, and for the most part, most Americans are quite happy in their slavery and want more.

There are minor little disturbances and bitching here and there, but overall, people are happy being subjects of the government.

Don't belive me?

Go to any major airport and watch the placid compliance, by the millions.

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 07:52 AM
A much larger percentage than the 60/40 ratio you posited.

The question is: how many Republicans want a Police State?
Suppose that the ratio is 60/40 (I tend to think it's less, since 46% of Republicans favor a non-interventionist foreign policy, which is more controversial to Republicans). The point here is this: we must get those 40% for us, show them that only Ron Paul will preserve their freedoms. The other 60% can be split between the others.

That's exactly why Gingrich is talking about the Gold Standard and the FED. He knows that right now a lot of Americans sympathize with Ron's cause, so he must try to get these votes.

We must show right now our big difference with them: they all want a Police State, a Big Government, Big Brother style. Ron is the only who truly opposes it.

Of course, the campaign could do one very smart move: make a press conference in which Ron gives a great speech relating these topics: foreign policy, police state, and the economy.

(Maybe if Ron gets forth in Florida, he could make this. People might think he's dropping out. And then he delivers a powerfull truth bomb on their heads...)

mosquitobite
01-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Yep, I'm on an all women's forum and there is only one (liberal) who agrees with me on this topic. The rest think I'm wearing tin foil.

Anti Federalist
01-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Yep, I'm on an all women's forum and there is only one (liberal) who agrees with me on this topic. The rest think I'm wearing tin foil.

Sadly, women fall in line for the police state much more readily.

Krugerrand
01-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Great idea.

:( sad truth is sad.

Tyler_Durden
01-26-2012, 09:06 AM
joint military and LAPD exercises. Is this freaking normal?
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/01/25/lapd-and-special-forces-conduct-military-maneuvers-in-the-skies-above-downtown-la/

DonovanJames
01-26-2012, 09:33 AM
The Police State. Those who are quick for compliance, as I see it, fall into two catagories.

Orwell's general message in "1984", if we could all agree, was that what we fear will eventually enslave us. Fear of confrontation. Fear of being ostricized for thinking against the grain of the general consciousness. Fear of being labeled, convicted, and stripped of all your rights and treated to a lesser degree than you hold yourself. Fear is a very powerful tool of control but eventually the levy breaks and citizens revolt.

Huxley wrote in "Brave New World" that it is what we love that will enslave us. Complacence is a very powerful tool of control and I think the powers that be are very aware of this. It's more comfortable to sit in the luxury of your home, office, car and be warm and belly full on eight hours of rest than to be out in the streets fighting for your life and liberty. There is a certain amount of pain someone will endure for luxury... (And now for a shitty metaphor) I think alot of people don't mind sheeping, aslong as everyone else is still standing inside the pen with them. When one breaks through the fence, the others will, without thinking, resume eating their grass and being sheared for their fur every once in awhile leaving them cold. But when half the sheep escape, the others will look and they will look long and it is at that moment they will make their decision. You can't make it for them but you can atleast get them to that moment of choice to decide if freedom is worth it.

I think Americans have been so accustomed to paying their taxes and submitting to the shearing of their fur (which is becoming more frequent) that they aren't aware there is still other choices they can make and although on the other side of the fence it might be harsh at first without grass and safety and comfort there might just be a greener pasture with a great view. And you get to keep your damn fur.

Tim Calhoun
01-26-2012, 09:35 AM
We need an ad on Social Security and Medicare first!

pao
01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Great idea.

Only one problem that I can see: most Americans want the Police State. The Ad must be made in a way that makes them fear The Police State.

mosquitobite
01-26-2012, 10:32 AM
The Ad must be made in a way that makes them fear The Police State.

MTV has, maybe that's why we have the young vote!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ZhQrWQj7k

donnay
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Sadly, women fall in line for the police state much more readily.

Not this one! :mad:

I think they ought to make a ad like MTV did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ZhQrWQj7k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYI1PY-b-ro

asurfaholic
01-26-2012, 10:44 AM
The Ad must be made in a way that makes them fear The Police State.

How do you escape the hypocrisy issue? Speaking out against using fear mongering to sway people to support wars is no different than using fear mongering to sway people the other way.

Not that I oppose the idea, but the media would be all over it.

Krugerrand
01-26-2012, 10:54 AM
How do you escape the hypocrisy issue? Speaking out against using fear mongering to sway people to support wars is no different than using fear mongering to sway people the other way.

Not that I oppose the idea, but the media would be all over it.

If one believes there is a legitimate fear, I would consider it valid to share that concern with others.

asurfaholic
01-26-2012, 11:20 AM
If one believes there is a legitimate fear, I would consider it valid to share that concern with others.

Far too many people legitimatly fear turrurists...

I don't know what the right thing to do is...

wowrevolution
01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
We need 1984, Clockwork Orange, Minority Report, Soylent Green, what else am I missing? There was a season of Babylon 5 that was heavy on police state dogma too.

Emerick
01-26-2012, 01:28 PM
I think some people here are underestimating the power of freedom. SOPA was defeated by popular pressure - and popular pressure alone for freedom.

If we assume that people in America are really against freedom, then we can do nothing for Ron Paul. It's as simples as that. If people hate freedom, then Ron doesn't stand a chance and all of this campaign is just irrelevant.

I don't believe in this. I think the victory against SOPA shows that the American people are sleeping, but can be awakened. This something we can help to do. We must be the ones to fight for freedom - nobody else will do it.

Emerick
01-26-2012, 01:36 PM
We need 1984, Clockwork Orange, Minority Report, Soylent Green, what else am I missing? There was a season of Babylon 5 that was heavy on police state dogma too.

Yes, maybe we could have a series of short youtube videos on the Police State, linking to various sources. You forgot "V for Vendetta". In fact, there's a scene in "V" that is really good, in which the dictator gathers the people in government and tells them very clear that they should show the people how they're needed - and this is through FEAR!

Let me just make a quick observation: both parties only have fear speech. The Republican Party builds on the fear of foreign enemies. They say that, if America is not a Police State, then all Americans will die (that's their message). The Democratic Party builds on the fear of the citizens. They say that, if America is not a huge Welfare State, making "charity" to everyone, then the 99% will die, because the 1% are all just greedy and they will exploit their last drop of sweat until they die from starvation.

That's what both sides have, and nothing more. We must attack fear propaganda, that's maybe our biggest enemy.

Why some people on the left don't like Ron? Because they fear that, in a Ron presidency, the poor will die, and nobody will care.

Why people on the right don't like Ron? Because they fear that, in a Ron presidency, every American and every jew in Israel will die, because the "turrurisss" will explode one nuke in each person's ass.

FIGHT THE FEAR!

pao
01-26-2012, 02:28 PM

Not that I oppose the idea, but the media would be all over it. As long as the ad is fact based, I think the media would not have much bite going negative on it. Perhaps they would actually start talking about these things. Neocons may start to mentally question themselves if they have an in your face Truth that "we have given the terrorists what they wanted...a bankrupt nation and the surrendering of our freedoms" maybe not said directly, but realized by the end of the ad.

unknown
01-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Now youre using your brains.

When the Patriot Act is mentioned, I think it should include why RP has an issue with it: spying on Americans without oversight, without warrants, without probable cause with sources.

May also want to mention the following:

The TSA "VIPER" teams intended for on street groping:

The TSA's 25 "viper" teams — for Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response — have run more than 9,300 unannounced checkpoints and other search operations in the last year. Department of Homeland Security officials have asked Congress for funding to add 12 more teams next year.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/20/nation/la-na-terror-checkpoints-20111220

Main Core: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Main_Core

Carnivore (related to the At&t spying): https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Carnivore_%28software%29

Echelon: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Echelon_%28signals_intelligence%29

FBI Prepares Vast Database Of Biometrics (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/21/AR2007122102544.html)

Other police state/spying videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1GCoppP7Xc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44edsh6_LUc

Emerick
01-27-2012, 05:49 AM
bump