PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich CNN: Gingrich admits his ABC claim was false during debate. via drudgereport.com

angrydragon
01-26-2012, 01:24 AM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/01/gingrich-admits-abc-claim-was-false-112344.html

After nearly a week on the defensive, CNN's John King reports tonight that Newt Gingrich's claim about offering witnesses to ABC News in his defense — to rebut the network's interview with his second wife, Marianne Gingrich — was not true.

"Tonight, after persistent questioning by our staff, the Gingrich campaign concedes now Speaker Gingrich was wrong — both in his debate answer, and in our interview yesterday," King said on tonight's edition of John King USA. "Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond says the only people the Gingrich campaign offered to ABC were his two daughters from his first marriage."

An important victory for John King in his ongoing effort to justify last Thursday's confrontation.

RecoveringNeoCon
01-26-2012, 01:25 AM
Dude is an absolute fraud.

angrydragon
01-26-2012, 01:32 AM
Ya know, Romeny and Paul should have caught his lie. How is it that their friends know anything about their private lives? Would friends talk about that kind of stuff? And how would his daughters know about that? I imagine you keep them from hearing that kind of stuff.

cavalier973
01-26-2012, 02:14 AM
Ya know, Romeny and Paul should have caught his lie. How is it that their friends know anything about their private lives? Would friends talk about that kind of stuff? And how would his daughters know about that? I imagine you keep them from hearing that kind of stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONBNYTNDz-Q

JJ2
01-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Drudge is sure collecting enough material to where CNN could really get revenge for Newt humiliating them last week, if Wolf wants to go along with it.

Drudge seems to really want to destroy Newt. Last week it backfired, but it seems to be working so far this time. We'll see what happens in the debate.

Paulatized
01-26-2012, 05:28 AM
So far the responses in this thread are operating on the premise that the question was an attempted "got you" question. I'm not really a conspiracy minded individual, but considering the nature of the political game, I'd say it it was staged to Newt's advantage (he sure seemed ready for it to me). That question was what set him off like a rocket. The people sure did seem to sympathize with him that the media launched an attack on him. When the media attacks Ron Paul the people seem to all of a sudden take the created negative charges at face value. It seems people respond when the media attacks the other 3 candidates but believe it and have no sympathy when they attack Dr. Paul. Go figure.

asurfaholic
01-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Important victory for the m s n? screw them all

cajuncocoa
01-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Serial hypocrite, compulsive liar.

Krugerrand
01-26-2012, 08:16 AM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/01/gingrich-admits-abc-claim-was-false-112344.html

After nearly a week on the defensive, CNN's John King reports tonight that Newt Gingrich's claim about offering witnesses to ABC News in his defense — to rebut the network's interview with his second wife, Marianne Gingrich — was not true.

"Tonight, after persistent questioning by our staff, the Gingrich campaign concedes now Speaker Gingrich was wrong — both in his debate answer, and in our interview yesterday," King said on tonight's edition of John King USA. "Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond says the only people the Gingrich campaign offered to ABC were his two daughters from his first marriage."

An important victory for John King in his ongoing effort to justify last Thursday's confrontation.

Human offerings ... hmmmm ... that doesn't sound good.

A. Havnes
01-26-2012, 08:21 AM
I've never used the word "scum" to describe anyone before. Gingrich is scum.

Bern
01-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Surprise, surprise.
Newt lies.

wgadget
01-26-2012, 09:03 AM
So Swingrich finally admits he's a liar.

Duh. His middle name is EXPEDIENCY.