PDA

View Full Version : Ayn Rand ~ Atlas Shrugged documentary film opens nationwide 1/26/2012

emazur
01-25-2012, 10:51 PM
This totally slipped by me until now:
http://atlasshrugged-thedoc.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L-cIEcBqgaA

Xenophage
01-25-2012, 11:09 PM
I haven't heard of this either, but so far it looks much better than the film adaptation :)

Bosco Warden
01-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Good stuff, I cant wait to see this.

Thanks!

moderate libertarian
01-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Who does the profits go to?

If proficts go to Iran war lobby neocons at AR institute that funded Iraq invasion ad campaigns, I'll boycott it.

JuicyG
01-25-2012, 11:20 PM
I haven't heard of this either, but so far it looks much better than the film adaptation :)

I don`t understand the dislike some have for the movie. It was rated poorly by Hollywood leftists and their media critics and one shouldn`t judge by the ratings it got nor by how profitable it was.

It did a great job with that budget and the actors were great picks. Also, was just part 1. Two more parts are coming, so it`s not like it was supposed to tell whole story in one movie.

JuicyG
01-25-2012, 11:25 PM

If proficts go to Iran war lobby neocons at AR institute that funded Iraq invasion ad campaigns, I'll boycott it.

Don`t kill the message because you don`t like the messenger. It`s doesn`t serve anyone but those who already bash the movement, and those don`t come in short supply unfortunately.

Bosco Warden
01-25-2012, 11:38 PM

The FED is also a business with a product, a private business for profit. End the Fed, AND cut the head of the snake.

I liked the movie, but I havent read the book sadly.

Sorry if I am not making to much sense, its late and my ambien isnt working.

emazur
01-26-2012, 02:50 PM
bump for release day

CaptUSA
01-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I don`t understand the dislike some have for the movie. It was rated poorly by Hollywood leftists and their media critics and one shouldn`t judge by the ratings it got nor by how profitable it was.

It did a great job with that budget and the actors were great picks. Also, was just part 1. Two more parts are coming, so it`s not like it was supposed to tell whole story in one movie.As someone who enjoyed the book, I wasn't the biggest fan of the movie. Not because it didn't tell the story, but because the acting seemed contrived and unbelievable. It was definitely B movie quality. Not bad for the budget, but it didn't do the book justice.

And I'm not sure you'll ever see parts 2 and 3... They were hoping part 1 would give them more money and interest to make the other parts. Last I heard, they were scrapping that idea.

Shane Harris
01-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Rand's ideas are very important but unfortunately objectivism tend to give classical liberalism a bad name. Not because it should but because the media tends to always associate libertarianism with objectivism, and then all the charges of being heartless and anti-charity arise.