PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Policy: Help Me Convince My Liberal Friend!

giovannile07
01-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Alright, so today my liberal friend was saying "Alright Gio convince me to vote for Ron Paul." So I know I can convince him! So I showed him the You Like Ron Paul, except Foreign Policy video by the way. So, I told him that Ron Paul wants to withdraw troops from everywhere, but he sort of believes that we should have troops fighting some of the wars or else if we leave the countries we are in, their people will end up in chaos and people will end up dying. He thinks that we should slowly withdraw the troops or else what I said above will happen. Also, he is a HUGE Hilary Clinton fan, not sure why though, he didn't seem to really know what her positions were, but he said that whatever she believes in he believes in. Anyways, he also wants to know what's Ron Paul's position on government handouts like welfare, which I'm a bit iffy on the issue. I think he can be convince him, he said he is happy as long as his school and his healthcare is paid... I think that's all he asked me that I couldn't convince him on haha. Thanks for the help in advanced.

metadjinn
01-25-2012, 10:22 PM
First I would point out that our military that has actually been to these countries overwhelmingly support RP. Second I would point out to him that most of our military is not in countries where there is any war like German and Japan. Finally, the countries where there IS war, those countries WANT us to leave, and us being there causes more conflict. Point out that soldiers in Saudi Arabia was one of bin laden's motives. Point out that we withdrew from Iraq because they pretty much demanded that we leave (although Obama likes to pretend it was his idea). Will there be a power vacuum that could lead to violence if we leave? Of course. But if we leave in 5 years instead, then the vacuum will be be created in 5 years instead. The violence was caused by the original mistake of invading in the first place. Withdrawing is simply cutting our losses.

FCArchitect
01-26-2012, 08:20 AM
I would point out to your friend that really the US has no choice but to accept Ron Paul's position. We are broke and can afford it so as far as i am concerned its a none issue it has to happen. Ask your friend how is the US gonna pay for all this? keep taxing? Are deficent already exceeds the GDP? I would love to hear Santorum, Gingrich and Mitt answer a question on how to pay for all the troops or war engagements after they have siad they would not hesitate to bomb iran. I believe our greatest threat is being a country that is bankrupt and cant afford troops to protect us.

giovannile07
01-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the help guys, if I could anymore advice that would be nice. If you guys think my friend should see some certain videos, it would be nice to post it up here.