PDA

View Full Version : Saw Giant Ron Paul Decal on Liquified Petroleum Tanker here in Tijuana

libertythor
01-25-2012, 08:57 PM
I wish that I had a camera with me! I heard somebody on the sidewalk actually ask "¿Quién es Ron Paul?". :D

sailingaway
01-25-2012, 08:58 PM
I wish you had had a camera too! :D

libertythor
01-25-2012, 10:00 PM
I wish you had had a camera too! :D

Really. It made my day. That tanker probably goes back and forth from Long Beach to Tijuana, passing through all the busy traffic of LA and San Diego.

Eric39
01-25-2012, 10:24 PM
There was a thread about a month ago about some guy putting decals on 300 or so tankers he owned. This is probably the result.

libertythor
01-25-2012, 10:28 PM
There was a thread about a month ago about some guy putting decals on 300 or so tankers he owned. This is probably the result.

And its presence in Tijuana is an example of the disaster that is government control of the oil and gas industry in Mexico. Despite being a huge exporter, corruption and typical government waste has caused that value added production and refining doesn't keep up with the demand, and end products like gasoline and lp have to be imported from the private companies in the United States to make up for the shortfall. Pemex Fail that brought the Ron Paul decal into Mexico. Hopefully some people google it and see his general ideological message at ronpaulparapresidente.com.

unknown
01-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Oh wow. Was it an American tanker in Mexico or was it a Mexican company?

libertythor
01-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Oh wow. Was it an American tanker in Mexico or was it a Mexican company?

American tanker in Mexico carried by a local small owner-operator firm from San Diego.

alucard13mmfmj
01-26-2012, 12:25 AM
it should appeal to mexicans and immigrants. ron paul wants to reform immigration right? make immigration a little bit more accessible.

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-26-2012, 09:46 AM
it should appeal to mexicans and immigrants. ron paul wants to reform immigration right? make immigration a little bit more accessible.

Ron Paul wants to repeal the U.S. of American drug war which has murdered 45,000 people in Mexico in the past 2 years. Ron even cited the murder total statistic at a recent debate. He should keep citing this stat and he should go to Tijuana and do a town-hall with extended q&a!

jbuttell
01-26-2012, 09:48 AM
For a second there I thought you were saying the truck was liquified, so was unsure how that was a good thing :P

dancjm
01-26-2012, 09:48 AM
"¿Quién es Ron Paul?".

Epic.