PDA

View Full Version : Help Ron Paul in Debates HERE.

flynn
01-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Help Ron Paul in the upcoming debates by coming up with answers to questions in the shortest and most effective ways. (Please also name the state that the respond would be more effective in)

All questions are addressed to Dr. Ron Paul-

Question 1. Iran is becoming a threat to global security by building a nuclear weapon, some would call your isolationism dangerous, how do you respond?

Question 2. Explain your economics policy and tax policy to the audience why businesses are overburden with regulations and high taxation are bad for the country and what is your solution? If government stop spending, wouldn't public workers go out of work thus creating more unemployment for the country?

Question 3. Are you electable sir?

SonofThunder
01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Question 1. Iran is becoming a threat to global security by building a nuclear weapon, some would call your isolationism dangerous, how do you respond?
Isolationism is the act of cutting yourself off from relations with other countries, and yet this is exactly what my opponents propose: impose sanctions on Iran and others, thereby isolating them from peaceful trade and communications. Sanctions are nothing more than the use of force to prevent trade, which is very isolating, and almost always lead to war. I support opening up trade and communications, so I am not dangerous, nor an isolationist.

Question 2. Explain your economics policy and tax policy to the audience why businesses are overburden with regulations and high taxation are bad for the country and what is your solution? Is government stop spending, wouldn't public workers go out of work thus creating more unemployment for the country?
That's quite a question for me, especially since I have a reputation for being a bit wordy in my responses (said with a chuckle) *pause for laughter*.
The idea that the government spending money can create economic growth is simply a false one that is sold to the people to make them give up more of their hard earned money. I'd love to spend an hour with everyone talking about economics but the simple answer is to go and look up "the broken window fallacy." Taking money from the economy to put it back into the economy only enriches the lobbyists, not the American people.

Are you literate Sir? *pause for wild applause*
My positions are extremely popular with the American people. 80% are opposed to war with Iran. 75% want us out of Afghanistan (or whatever the numbers are). Most Americans are angry that Wall street got bailed out even with "hope and change" in the White House. This explains why I poll extremely well with independents, and I'm the only Republican that gets more independents than Obama. I'd say that makes me the ONLY electable candidate.

satchelmcqueen
01-25-2012, 09:59 PM
4. mr paul, romney is the only candidate to even come close to beating obama according to on e poll. why do you think people should vote for you?

5. you were once in the lead before iowa and the santorum surge knocked you out of first place. can you explain why you lost so much support?

Gary4Liberty
01-25-2012, 10:02 PM
This is a fun thread, it could be renamed "THE WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF YOU WERE RON PAUL" thread.

Sublyminal
01-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Isolationism is the act of cutting yourself off from relations with other countries, and yet this is exactly what my opponents propose: impose sanctions on Iran and others, thereby isolating them from peaceful trade and communications. Sanctions are nothing more than the use of force to prevent trade, which is very isolating, and almost always lead to war. I support opening up trade and communications, so I am not dangerous, nor an isolationist.

That's quite a question for me, especially since I have a reputation for being a bit wordy in my responses (said with a chuckle) *pause for laughter*.
The idea that the government spending money can create economic growth is simply a false one that is sold to the people to make them give up more of their hard earned money. I'd love to spend an hour with everyone talking about economics but the simple answer is to go and look up "the broken window fallacy." Taking money from the economy to put it back into the economy only enriches the lobbyists, not the American people.

My positions are extremely popular with the American people. 80% are opposed to war with Iran. 75% want us out of Afghanistan (or whatever the numbers are). Most Americans are angry that Wall street got bailed out even with "hope and change" in the White House. This explains why I poll extremely well with independents, and I'm the only Republican that gets more independents than Obama. I'd say that makes me the ONLY electable candidate.

Bravo, these would be awesome answers. Short, quirky and to the point.

BigByrd47119
01-25-2012, 10:24 PM
4. mr paul, romney is the only candidate to even come close to beating obama according to on e poll. why do you think people should vote for you?

Well you know we are constantly told that we have a two party system. The truth however is that we have a one party system; a big government party. If your interested in cutting a trillion dollars in spending in one year, a serious reduction in the size and scope of the federal government along with a restoration of states rights, then I am the only viable alternative!

5. you were once in the lead before iowa and the santorum surge knocked you out of first place. can you explain why you lost so much support?

I think a lot of it can be contributed to the large amount of undecided voters going into the day of the caucus and the fact that the media establishment was pushing him so hard (insert laugh). But now that the media and voters have taken a few moments to consider his record of voting, such as doubling the size of the Dept. of Education and raising the debt ceiling (5?) times, they have come to realize that he may not be the best candidate to represent the republican party in a national election.

(Hope I did alright?)

unknown
01-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Once we respond, what will become of our answers?

beardedlinen
01-25-2012, 10:54 PM
This is a fun thread, it could be renamed "THE WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF YOU WERE RON PAUL" thread.

It should be named that, because as everyone who's been following Paul knows, Ron will be Ron. It's as simple as that.

The campaign may pick up some hints from the grassroots occasionally about what we'd like to see Ron do differently, and sometimes Ron utilizes those suggestions, but 99.9% of the time Ron Paul is Ron Paul. He refuses to compromise his principles, and to some supporters' disappointment, his delivery.

I used to post about the different ways in which he could word certain answers too. It won't change anything.

I don't mean to be cynical/pessimistic, only realistic.

The best things we can do for Paul is donate, PFH, promote the man, become delegates, and vote.

Edward
01-25-2012, 10:55 PM

I imagine that this is a take off on the claptraps that Newt sets up, however, it really would be a very dumb thing to say to Wolf Blitzer of all people. I like the rest of your answer, though.

ericthethe
01-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Once we respond, what will become of our answers?

They will be put in a database with all other information about you.

unknown
01-25-2012, 11:42 PM
They will be put in a database with all other information about you.

:(

J_White
01-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Q: You are so out of the mainstream Republican thinking, how do you think that you can get the Republican vote.

A:
Yes, you are right, though I have been a Republican Congressman in Washington for decades now, I am out of the mainstream thinking of the politicians. You are assuming that "mainstream" thinking is always right. I think Washington is so out of touch with the common American people that I am happy to be out of the mainstream political views.
[You know, there was a country where Apartheid was mainstream - but that does not mean it was right, there are countries where it is mainstream to oppress women and minorities - but that does not mean it is right. (probably a Nazi Germany-Jew persecution example?)]
If it is mainstream to give bailouts to financial institutions who profited from interest free Fed money, then i am happy to be out of the mainstream.
If it is mainstream to let the Fed give out trillions of dollars to foreign banks, interest free, then i am happy to be out of the mainstream.
If it is mainstream to grope and scan children and grandmothers at airports, then i am happy to be out of the mainstream.
If it is mainstream to detain American citizens indefinitely or kill them with drone strikes at the command of the President, without any due process, then i am happy to be out of the mainstream.
If it is mainstream to engage in endless goalless wars based on false evidence, then i am happy to be out of the mainstream.
If it is mainstream to carry on the failed war on drugs, which effects minorities adversely, then i am happy to be out of the mainstream.
Its time someone represented the view of the common American people here,and we know none of the Washington insiders will do that.
Probably that is why the mainstream media keeps attacking me !

J_White
01-26-2012, 12:40 AM
In addition to the usual third party question, i think soon there will be another question thrown at him -

Q. When are you going to drop out ?

I hope the campaign is ready for this one.
I am also happy that he called the current FP isolationist. Maybe the Campaign saw some of the forum suggestions !

J_White
01-26-2012, 12:53 AM
Economy - Keynesian vs Austrian.

Give the example of Iceland vs Ireland.
Iceland let its banks fail and the taxpayer did not have to bail them out, while Ireland followed the Euro advise and bailed them out.
Japan also is an example which continues to be in recession, following Keynesian economics.

SonofThunder
01-26-2012, 07:44 AM
I imagine that this is a take off on the claptraps that Newt sets up, however, it really would be a very dumb thing to say to Wolf Blitzer of all people. I like the rest of your answer, though.
Yeah I was just trying to be funny. Maybe another, more friendly jab would be appropriate. The point is to turn the question around on the questioner, like Newt did.

JohnGalt23g
01-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Help Ron Paul in the upcoming debates by coming up with answers to questions in the shortest and most effective ways. (Please also name the state that the respond would be more effective in)

Question 2. Explain your economics policy and tax policy to the audience why businesses are overburden with regulations and high taxation are bad for the country and what is your solution? If government stop spending, wouldn't public workers go out of work thus creating more unemployment for the country?

1) Nuclear weapons are always a threat to global security. But they are also a fact of life in int'l affairs. History has proven this on a number of occasions, and has also proven the folly of trying to prevent a nation determined to become a nuclear power from doing so. We saw this with Russia. We saw this with China. We saw this with India and Pakistan. We saw this with North Korea.

And we're now seeing this with Iran.

We may well be able to deter Iran from deciding to fulfill its nuclear ambitions. But the most sure-fire way to fail in that effort is to treat them as non-rational actors. That sends a signal of war to them, which is the path that gives them the greatest motivation to build, and possibly use, a nuclear weapon.

PaulConventionWV
01-26-2012, 08:07 AM

Dammit dude we can't just make up an internet script for Ron Paul. He is his own person, and these probably aren't good answers. What kind of arrogant asshole would expect the campaign to use a list of answers from random nobodies on an internet forum? You guys don't know what answers are best, so stop trying to make Ron Paul say x, y, z, cuz it ain't happening.

RonPaul101.com
01-26-2012, 08:55 AM
<>

RonPaul101.com
01-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Dammit dude we can't just make up an internet script for Ron Paul. He is his own person, and these probably aren't good answers. What kind of arrogant asshole would expect the campaign to use a list of answers from random nobodies on an internet forum? You guys don't know what answers are best, so stop trying to make Ron Paul say x, y, z, cuz it ain't happening.

<>

jmdrake
01-26-2012, 09:22 AM

Rick Santorum said Iran doesn't want a nuclear weapon to bomb Israel but that they want it for their own protection. I happen to agree with the senator that if Iran is pursuing a nuclear weapon that is the reason. Where we disagree is that senator Santorum things the answer is to threaten Iran more. I think we should remain strong but also remain engaged and assure Iran that we are not arbitrarily seeking the violent overthrow of their country. If senator Santorum is right, and I think he is, if Iran feels less threatened that might abandon any nuclear program they might have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRW30b_51KY

One thing everyone on the stage agrees on is that the government does not create wealth and the jobs the government creates are only temporary and are not sustainable. Just look at the Obama stimulus. It create some jobs but those jobs went away when the stimulus ended. And look at Solyndra and the promise of "green jobs" and all of the graft and theft that went along with that use of the stimulus package and how Solyndra is going bankrupt. The government is bad at picking winners and losers. What really got us out of the great depression is when the war ended, the troops came home, the government spending and taxes were slashed and the economy was allowed to grow on its own.

I'm the only candidate up here who's come in the top 4 in every contest including from the Ames Straw poll to South Carolina's primary and usually I'm in the top 2 or 3. You should be asking the other candidates if they are electable.

Henry Hazlitt
01-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Great answers

Only thing I would want to add is that Ron Paul should mention this:

Of the some 15.000 economists(New York Times) in America nobody but a couple predicted the crisis. And he was one of those few who did and warned about it to congress. Than he should pull out a paper of his statement from 2002 where he literally calls the housing crisis 6 years in advance and read it out loud.

I'm glad that Ron is starting to drive home the point that he gets the most military support and that he is the only veteran. That has been one area where many of us have complained. But in a year where the economy is everything he has to drill this point for everything it is worth.

Ron Paul has made the morale case for being anti war(defensive war only) and the morale case for free markets(individual economic freedom) but he has to make the practical points as well. He should make the case how he has predicted the problems both militarily and economically. In other words he is the only one with the results.

EBounding
01-26-2012, 10:58 AM

I think this is just more for fun than a serious expectation that he'll take the advice.

EBounding
01-26-2012, 11:00 AM
I like this thread. Good idea. I really don't think he'll ever say it like this, but I can dream.

Iran is becoming a threat to global security by building a nuclear weapon, some would call your isolationism dangerous, how do you respond?

I reject the whole premise of your question. First, there's no evidence Iran is developing a nuclear weapon. So your question doesn't make sense. But even if they did have a nuclear weapon, Israel has anti-missile weapons that we sell to them. Iran's missile delivery systems have limited range. Even if Israel didn't notice Iran's movement of their missiles in preparation for a strike, Israel's systems would still intercept. Israel would then forcefully retaliate and it would be the end of Iran.

We also have to remember that there are other countries in the world. Countries like Russia, China and India all have an economic interest in Iran. They would not take too kindly to the US attacking their economic interest and may be more embolden to retaliate against us because of our weakened economy.

But my duty as president is to defend the United States first and the Iranian threat is completely absurd. Despite the conspiracy theories of my opponents, Iran is actually a weak country and their talk is coming from a position of weakness. A single Ohio class submarine has more firepower than all of what was dropped on Japan in WWII. These kinds of weapons deter nations from attacking us and I support these kinds of weapons for our national defense. Our Navy and Military is the most formidable force on Earth. The Constitution provides Congress to maintain a Navy, which is important for peace and our national defense. I would support Congress funding a stronger Navy and defensive systems instead of overseas spending and undeclared wars which inherently weaken our national defense.

Under my administration, we would have a stronger navy, stronger weapons systems, stronger diplomatic relations, and more trade. Now tell me, how is that isolationist?

<ROARING APPLAUSE>

My economics policy puts faith in the American people. But the government has buried them in debt, continues to tax them, and destroys the value of their wealth. We have to pare down this debt to bring confidence and investment back into this country. To start, I propose to cut one trillion dollars and eliminate 5 departments. I plan to do this while also protecting social security and the poor who are dependent on government programs by eliminating overseas spending. The government workers would be reduced mainly through attrition, but there's this belief that government bureaucracies provide value. They don't. They do the opposite. That's why the sooner they are eliminated the better.

The small businessman, inventor, and entrepreneur create value. Entrepreneur's need people to help them make their ideas a reality so they are give jobs that provide value. Up until America was born, entrepreneurs were looked down upon and lacked liberty. America changed that to become the most prosperous and innovative nation on Earth. But now our people are bogged down with unsustainable debt and a monetary system that destroys their wealth. That's what needs to change and I know we can get back to the greatness that the world once admired.

Of course. In a head to head match up with Obama, I'm competitive with him, unlike 2 of the other candidates here. I'm actually on the ballot in all the states as well and have a sophisticated network of grassroots donors and volunteers.

But more importantly, I actually provide a contrast to Obama and run on principle.

When you look at the record of my opponents and compare it with Obama's, you'll see much of the same. They all want more war at the expense of national defense, they all want more overseas spending, they all want more domestic spending to some degree, and they all want fewer liberties for the people. That's unAmerican and if we continue down that path our nation will no longer be what it once was.

But the great news is it's not too late. My campaign has proven that people are excited about the message of liberty and the Constitution. I'm not running for President for the power. I'm running on principle to protect liberty and everyone knows it. Running on principle always wins in the end. That's what make's me electable.

Carole
01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?355424-RP-must-be-Presidential&highlight=presidential

RP must be Presidential
I wish someone would get word to RP's team for the debate tomorrow night and all future debates.
Two words:
Be Presidential
Do not bother trying to hurry in all the issues and points. Merely slow down and speak as a president would speak--unhurried, statesmanlike, and totally assured in every remark. Just as he does on the house floor and other places.
In other words-be himself in his natural mode.

Carole

I also love him for his non-scripted message. I just want him to sound assured and presidential, the way he does when he tapes a message for grassroots. No need for hurried details. Just say what he means in a well-modulated tone and slower speed and say less, but make sure it is heard and taken seriously.
Carole

wistfulthinker
01-26-2012, 11:44 AM

The U.S. was the first country in history to produce a nuclear bomb. We were also the first country in history to use a nuclear bomb. In fact, we remain the ONLY country in history to have used the nuclear bomb. We fret that Pakistan or China and now Iran, will initiate a nuclear attack. Here's what we know of human nature and by extension the nature of nations. If you are a liar, you tend to fear others are lying. If you are a cheat, you fear others are cheating. If you are a bully, you fear others attempting to dominate you. If you are irrational, you fear others lack reason. If you are a warmonger, you fear armies amassing over the hill. Yes, there are liars and bullies and warmongers in the world. But we are only burying our heads in our own navals, if we elevate our fears to the position of informant and dictator.

I am truly sorry that my opponents in this race see Iran as irrational and hateful -- some have even said evil. I pray that they will be freed from the chains that keep them bound to self-referential views of the world. Effective foreign policy strategy depends on freeing ourselves from that pitfall. The good news. Such freedom to think and act strategically can happen all at once. We can decide that our self-referential fears about the world do not have to rule us. We can decide that wisdom and discernment are much better allies of peace and prosperity.

SonofThunder
01-26-2012, 11:57 AM
The U.S. was the first country in history to produce a nuclear bomb. We were also the first country in history to use a nuclear bomb. In fact, we remain the ONLY country in history to have used the nuclear bomb. We fret that Pakistan or China and now Iran, will initiate a nuclear attack. Here's what we know of human nature and by extension the nature of nations. If you are a liar, you tend to fear others are lying. If you are a cheat, you fear others are cheating. If you are a bully, you fear others attempting to dominate you. If you are irrational, you fear others lack reason. If you are a warmonger, you fear armies amassing over the hill. Yes, there are liars and bullies and warmongers in the world. But we are only burying our heads in our own navals, if we elevate our fears to the position of informant and dictator.

I am truly sorry that my opponents in this race see Iran as irrational and hateful -- some have even said evil. I pray that they will be freed from the chains that keep them bound to self-referential views of the world. Effective foreign policy strategy depends on freeing ourselves from that pitfall. The good news. Such freedom to think and act strategically can happen all at once. We can decide that our self-referential fears about the world do not have to rule us. We can decide that wisdom and discernment are much better allies of peace and prosperity.

Way too preachy and philosophical. Needs to be more practical.

SonofThunder
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
I like this thread. Good idea. I really don't think he'll ever say it like this, but I can dream.

I reject the whole premise of your question. First, there's no evidence Iran is developing a nuclear weapon. So your question doesn't make sense. But even if they did have a nuclear weapon, Israel has anti-missile weapons that we sell to them. Iran's missile delivery systems have limited range. Even if Israel didn't notice Iran's movement of their missiles in preparation for a strike, Israel's systems would still intercept. Israel would then forcefully retaliate and it would be the end of Iran.

And now you're cut off.

Gotta shorten up those answers.

EBounding
01-26-2012, 12:22 PM
And now you're cut off.

Gotta shorten up those answers.

I dunno, I read it out loud in less than 2 minutes. If he can't get two minutes, it's not going to matter what he says.

Lethalmiko
01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
This is a great idea. Despite what the naysayers believe, who knows what effect it will have? Who knows whether someone close to RP may see this and suggest the answers? Who knows maybe he may take the advice?

1. Iran is becoming a threat to global security by building a nuclear weapon, some would call your isolationism dangerous, how do you respond?
Our own intelligence agencies and the Department of Defense say the exact opposite to what you claim. They say Iran is not a threat and stopped its military nuclear programs 9 years ago in 2003. The Israeli intelligence chief says the same thing. The IAEA report that is used to support claims of a dangerous nuclear Iran has already been discredited and was likely authored by a person who is not even an expert in the field.

Even if Iran has a nuclear weapon, they are not going to use it because they will be bombed back to the stone age by Israel which keeps a close eye on them. Does anyone really expect the Iranian generals to allow either the president or Ayatolla to launch a nuke, leading to their wives and kids being killed in retaliation?

However, if the American people think we need a war against Iran, let them call their congressmen to declare the war constitutionally. Once declared, I will send our troops to fight and finish it in less than a month at minimal cost and lives lost. We shall return home and leave the Iranians to sort themselves out.

But we are actually in greater danger of going bankrupt than being bombed by Iran. Fighting them without good reason will be another waste of American lives and your tax payer money. You have to ask yourself who gains from another war. It is not the American people but the military contractors who often lobby the government.
-------------
References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction
http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=105776
http://isis-online.org/uploads/isis-reports/documents/IAEA_Iran_8Nov2011.pdf

2. Explain your economics policy and tax policy to the audience why businesses are overburden with regulations and high taxation are bad for the country and what is your solution? If government stop spending, wouldn't public workers go out of work thus creating more unemployment for the country?
I believe in free markets. Contrary to what most Americans believe, we do not have free markets. We have cronyism whereby big corporations lobby government for subsidies, special favours, tariffs against foreign competitors, bailouts and tax breaks. This stifles competition, increases prices, and lowers quality while killing SME's which are the biggest job creators. I will not allow that as president but will loosen onerous costly regulations and leave a level playing field for everyone.

My tax policy is this, and you can quote me: As close to zero as possible. I want zero income tax and abolish the IRS. Zero import tariffs, zero capital gains tax, zero death tax, Corporation tax below 20% and all other taxes lowered.

Reduced government spending will initially create temporary unemployment but the economic growth that will follow thereafter will more than absorb all the workers. Contrast that to the current situation where government is taking money out of the economy and wasting it on useless programs, thereby causing slow or zero growth.

3. Are you electable sir?
Of course I am. If you don't believe me, check the head-to-head polls that put me against Obama. I match him and sometimes beat him. Only Romney and myself are able to beat Obama but I am obviously stronger than both Obama and Romney because I get more Independents and young voters without which you cannot win a general election. And I also get Democrats to vote for me in large numbers which last happened when Ronald Reagan was president.

4. Mr paul, romney is the only candidate to even come close to beating obama according to one poll. why do you think people should vote for you?
There are many polls showing that I can also beat Obama. I am stronger than Romney and Obama because I get Independents, young voters and even Democrats to vote for me.

5. You were once in the lead before iowa and the santorum surge knocked you out of first place. can you explain why you lost so much support?
Rick Santorum had not been vetted and he was the flavour of the week at the time. He dramatically lost popularity thereafter.

-----

The campaign may pick up some hints from the grassroots occasionally about what we'd like to see Ron do differently, and sometimes Ron utilizes those suggestions, but 99.9% of the time Ron Paul is Ron Paul. He refuses to compromise his principles, and to some supporters' disappointment, his delivery. I used to post about the different ways in which he could word certain answers too. It won't change anything. I don't mean to be cynical/pessimistic, only realistic. The best things we can do for Paul is donate, PFH, promote the man, become delegates, and vote.
If what you say is true, it is very disappointing. How can they justify collecting money from people and then refusing to listen to constructive criticisms and ideas? Are they infallible?

So it is impossible for some nobody on this forum to have a better idea than the campaign people? Benton and crew have perfect knowledge and perfect wisdom and have thought of every possibility in the universe of how to campaign effectively?

EDIT ADDITION: Considering the 3 primary election results so far, the campaign should spend a bit of time listening to new ideas from supporters.

acptulsa
01-26-2012, 12:43 PM

I can beat Obama, if that's what you mean. That's more than these guys up here on stage with me can say. I run on some of the more popular points of his 2008 platform, and unlike him, I actually mean it when I say it. So, I can beat him as easily as he beat McCain.

Provided, of course, Republican primary voters want him out of office enough to nominate me.

Defrauded
01-26-2012, 12:53 PM
#1 I believe globalization is the real threat to our security and sovereignty,
Loss of that is what is dangerous.

#2 The Fed is spreading the myth that debt is money. Assets are money,
and that makes a strong economy.

#3 Can Americans do their own thinking?

sillvergirl
01-26-2012, 01:34 PM
First...I would like to make my position absolutely clear. ANY DANGEROUS THREAT TO AMERICAN SECURITY WILL BE MET WITH
THE FORCE NECESSARY TO DEFEND AMERICAN STRATEGIC INTERESTS! However...war is not the first step to maintain American security...
it is the last step! In the case of Iran...intervention could be more dangerous to the security of the world than diplomacy and non-intervention.
Iran has business and strategic relationships with their allies, Russia and China. Russia has warned the USA that an attack on Iran is akin to
an attack on Russia. Russia has one of the most advanced biowarfare labs in the world, BIOPREPARAT. The Russians could share these
bioweapons with Iran with devastating consequences. China has become our banker...so they could retaliate against us by dumping US
treasuries and the US dollar and bond markets would plunge to our detriment. So these situations are complex ...and they require measured
responses ...not impulsive, over aggressive intervention.

Question 2. Explain your economics policy and tax policy to the audience why businesses are overburden with regulations and high taxation are bad for the country and what is your solution? If government stop spending, wouldn't public workers go out of work thus creating more unemployment for the country? Excessive taxation and regulation is burdening our businesses and hard working middle class citizens.
Employers are forced to lay off workers and not employ new workers as a consequence. The federal governmental workers who would be
reduced by attrition , rather than firing...would rapidly find new employment as consultants, writers, and in managing their own businesses.
They are talented people who then would perform as a net asset to our revitalized economy ...instead of a net drag and a negative, burden on
the taxpayers.

Electability ?

I AM THE MOST ELECTABLE CANDIDATE ! First, I would like to explain why I am the most capable candidate to solve the problems American faces at this
point in our history. I am the only medical doctor in the race, the only military veteran, and the only candidate with extensive knowledge of
the Austrian Economics hard -asset , value -based monetary system. Consequently , I have a much better understanding about health care, the needs of our US military, and the best ways to solve our domestic financial problems from a macroeconomic viewpoint.

I can capture the disillusioned democratic voters, the true fiscally conservative " blue dog" democratic voters, and the independent voters...in addition to
the GOP faithfuls. The youth of America are streaming over to my camp because they know that I CAN GIVE THEM A BETTER FUTURE THAN ANY OF THE
OTHER CANDIDATES WHO ARE ADVOCATING MORE OF THE FAILED POLICIES OF THE PAST!

flynn
02-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Remember to keep it short and have a dramatic buildup. Overall, good job guys.

djfirm
02-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Love em or hate em, they make a good point about some emotion in his answers. Don't agree with everything thats being said, however Ron needs to show some fire in the belly. He needs to address things like his life depended on it.

@31:29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdCf-R8Cx6M&feature=player_embedded

ironj221
02-08-2012, 09:23 PM

"I want our wars to be declared and only go if our national security is at risk. But DO NOT confuse that with a weak nation. Any enemy of the United States will be completely obliterated and we won't pick up your nation afterwards."

^ Red meat without changing his position.