PDA

View Full Version : Face reality (the good kind of thread).

silverhandorder
01-25-2012, 08:17 PM
We are winning hearts and minds. The youth is firmly behind RP's platform. We have build a well organized movement that is seeping into political power structure.

Don't be discouraged if we not doing as well as you hopped. We must realize that older generation holds most of the power still and it will not be easy to wrestle it away from them. The media are gate keepers of information for majority of the electorate that does not use internet.

Focus on progress not on sky high expectations.

mosquitobite
01-25-2012, 08:30 PM
well said! :)

I have to say the posts that aggravate me the most are the posters from join dates of Jan 2012 whining about the campaign or the message.

How'd THEY get here if it was so awful?

GraspingForPeace
01-25-2012, 08:31 PM

I have to say the posts that aggravate me the most are the posters from join dates of Jan 2012 whining about the campaign or the message.

:rolleyes:

Nobody is saying it is awful, only that it can be approved. I agree some people are downers, but many of us are realists and the campaign simply hasn't been doing what they should be doing.

MsDoodahs
01-25-2012, 08:33 PM
I have to laugh when I see people make statements like, "This movement has been going on since 2008."

Oh, really?

lol.....

MsDoodahs
01-25-2012, 08:34 PM

Nobody is saying it is awful, only that it can be approved. I agree some people are downers, but many of us are realists and the campaign simply hasn't been doing what they should be doing.

nano1895
01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
I have to laugh when I see people make statements like, "This movement has been going on since 2008."

Oh, really?

lol.....

Yeah, where are those 88'ers? :D

If they can have the patience of waiting 20+ years for liberty, then the least we can do is have the same patience and keep plugging along.

rb3b3
01-25-2012, 08:38 PM

I TAKE OFFENSE TO THIS!! yes i am new to ron paul, however i want him to win very very badly. Many of you preach the movement and changing platforms at the convention as if thats a win, but that is settling and is NOT a winning mentality!!!!!! we have to be in this to win it NOW!!!!!!!! everyone loves a winner, and i am supporting ron paul because i love him and im hopeful he WILL win!!!!!! what does my join date have to do with this?.

Tyler_Durden
01-25-2012, 08:39 PM
I TAKE OFFENSE TO THIS!! yes i am new to ron paul, however i want him to win very very badly. Many of you preach the movement and changing platforms at the convention as if thats a win, but that is settling and is NOT a winning mentality!!!!!! we have to be in this to win it NOW!!!!!!!! everyone loves a winner, and i am supporting ron paul because i love him and im hopeful he WILL win!!!!!! what does my join date have to do with this?.

Every time is see posts from you, I see exclamation points!!!!!!!!!! It's kinda funny really!!!!!!!!

KramerDSP
01-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Every time is see posts from you, I see exclamation points!!!!!!!!!! It's kinda funny really!!!!!!!!

SpeciallyBlend has been mentoring him. I kid, I kid.

FreeTraveler
01-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Yeah, where are those 88'ers? :D

If they can have the patience of waiting 20+ years for liberty, then the least we can do is have the same patience and keep plugging along.
'88 is nothing. Some of us here got our heads cracked 20 years before that in our efforts to end the draft, or even a few years before that promoting the civil rights movement. I started working for freedom in '68, myself.

rachmiel
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
I see the revolution as a slow drip onto a tipping scale. The movement is really accelerating! Sure, the media still plays games with us, but they're still talking about our ideas WAY more than ever! I'm totally optimistic and psyched by what I see!

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-25-2012, 10:11 PM
We are winning hearts and minds. The youth is firmly behind RP's platform. We have build a well organized movement that is seeping into political power structure.

Don't be discouraged if we not doing as well as you hopped. We must realize that older generation holds most of the power still and it will not be easy to wrestle it away from them. The media are gate keepers of information for majority of the electorate that does not use internet.

Focus on progress not on sky high expectations.

Someone has taken a journalism class in their past. I can tell when you referred to the media as gate keepers.

Sublyminal
01-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Someone has taken a journalism class in their past. I can tell when you referred to the media as gate keepers.

Secretaries are also called gatekeepers. So it could have been a business class as well. :D

Lindsey
01-25-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't understand why all the focus on the youth in the movement. I wish RP would stop specifically mentioning his youth support; I think it hinders some non-youths from further exploring if they think it's just some rebellious youth thing.

FTR, about 1/2 of the RP supporters I know are over 40.

Gary4Liberty
01-25-2012, 11:12 PM
thats hard to believe the way they pack the debates and events. All that genuine love and passion and they dont vote? I dont belive it.

torchbearer
01-25-2012, 11:18 PM

Oh, really?

lol.....

yup, this movement has been going on since before 1776. i know people who have been involved in this movement since the 70's. i've been involved since 1996.
2008 was when the damn started to break.