PDA

View Full Version : Lets blitz shopping malls on December

Joey Wahoo
11-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Based upon what just happened, the campaign will be getting tons of publicity as the cash rolls in on 12/16. But whether voters are watching the news or not, they're definitely going to be Christmas shopping.

I suggest we plan to plant Ron Paul signs at and around every shopping center/mall in America on the night of December 15.

Before November 5, many potential supporters weren't on board, because they said Dr. Paul can't win. Now thats starting to change, and its not just the fundraising. The signs definitely help, because they prove that there are real people out there spreading the word. To many people, the signs mean legitimacy.

So my call to arms--make Ron Paul's name impossible to miss at shopping malls on December 16!

Joey Wahoo
11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Remember, remember the 15th of December.

Mark Rushmore
11-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Based upon what just happened, the campaign will be getting tons of publicity as the cash rolls in on 12/16. But whether voters are watching the news or not, they're definitely going to be Christmas shopping.

I suggest we plan to plant Ron Paul signs at and around every shopping center/mall in America on the night of December 15.

Before November 5, many potential supporters weren't on board, because they said Dr. Paul can't win. Now thats starting to change, and its not just the fundraising. The signs definitely help, because they prove that there are real people out there spreading the word. To many people, the signs mean legitimacy.

So my call to arms--make Ron Paul's name impossible to miss at shopping malls on December 16!

As a random comment, I've found that there's a trick to shopping malls when it comes to handing out slimjims. If you stand by an entrance to the mall you are wasting the vast majority of handouts because when most shoppers are that close to their consumerist panacea - their minds are already temporarily gone and the flyer will more often than not end up unread in the trash or on the floor.

However, handing out flyers in a busy parking lot setting by focusing on the furthermost parts of the parking lot nets you shoppers who still have a 30-60 second walk to entrance - and for that bit of time you've just manipulated their all-American desire to do anything at all to avoid boredom. They become a captive audience just from their desire to do something while walking and they will most likely give the flyer a one-time read over.

My 2 cents.

Cindy
11-11-2007, 05:35 PM

Blitz them with sign waves and flyer distributions on Nov 23, the day after Thanksgiving, the BIGGEST shopping day of the year.

My meetup group is doing it and I am stapling another flyer to the slim jim promoting stuff including the tea party.

Give people some time with the 23rd promo blitz to learn about Paul , convert and then save up for the Tea Party on Dec 16th

Make Nov. 23 the day to promote RP at the malls. They will be jam packed all day long.

Of course you could do another on the 15th /16th.

cien750hp
11-11-2007, 05:38 PM
the people camping out outside bestbuy and circuit city and all those places will just be sitting out there for a long time too, give them some of the slim jims

edit: i forgot to mention this to be on the night of/morning after thanksgiving