PDA

View Full Version : Don't Mess With Texas

RickBelmont
01-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Texas fights back against the DOJ (http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2012/01/texas-sues-doj-over-voter-id-law/)

Bosco Warden
01-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Nice, I hope they stick to it.

RickBelmont
01-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Nice, I hope they stick to it.
Yeah, me too. They are certainly one of the few states with the power to pull it off.

slamhead
01-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Oh noooozzz the liberals will no longer be able to let dead people vote.

Pericles
01-25-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm pretty happy with the job Abbott has done as state AG.

moderate libertarian
01-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Actually TX played a big role in exporting freedom to Iraq and they are already being "messed with" in more ways than one:

What is CFR's plan to protects Americans' daughters, wives, girl friends, sons from these enhanced checks at train stations, shopping malls, sports stadiums, movies, steak houses etc?

TX bill banning TSA from touching “anus, sexual organ, breast” is dead

Jun 30, 2011 ... Lawmakers in the Lone Star State adjourned their special session Wednesday
without passing SB 29, a bill that would have limited ...

http://www.examiner.com/libertarian-in-national/tx-bill-banning-tsa-from-touching-anus-sexual-organ-breast-is-dead

Feelgood
01-25-2012, 11:20 PM
God I hate Wasserman.

RonPaulMall
01-26-2012, 12:30 AM
"Lawsuits" are the method politicians use to pretend to support the freedom movement. If you want to curb the power of the Federal Government, suing it in its own Court system isn't going to get you very far. If Texas were serious, they'd do, not sue. Nullification and interposition are the only serious methods of curbing Federal abuse. The legislation to make TSA standard practice a felony under State Law is a good example of a serious attempt at curbing Federal power, and we all know how that turned out. I too wish Texas would get serious about fighting Federal abuse, but to this date, they've been all talk, no cattle.

Reason
01-26-2012, 01:54 AM
I too wish Texas would get serious about fighting Federal abuse, but to this date, they've been all talk, no cattle.

this.