PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Steadily, 'Our Numbers Are Growing'

sailingaway
01-25-2012, 03:00 PM
http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2012/01/25/137434973_custom.jpg?t=1327520438&s=3

In a wide-ranging discussion with All Things Considered's Robert Siegel, Ron Paul, the Republican congressman from Texas, said of all the GOP hopefuls, he's been the steady one.

"All I know is that the message is powerful," he said in response to a question about the viability of his campaign. "The message is well received. Our numbers are growing and we don't go up and down like a yo-yo."

Paul has had solid showings in the first three contests of the primary season, but he's the only one of the four candidates left who can't claim a victory. He came in third in Iowa with 21 percent of the vote; second in New Hampshire with 23 percent and came in fourth in South Carolina with 13 percent of the vote. In Florida, which votes Jan. 31, the latest Gallup tracking poll has him in third place with 12 percent of vote.

Robert asked him if he could win any of the upcoming states. Paul said he had not made those calculations. Robert also pressed him on whether he would consider a third-party run. Paul, who throughout the campaign has not ruled that out, has worried Republicans because they believe a third party run could help Democrats in the general election.

So Robert asked him if a third-party candidacy would be an honorable thing to take on.

"I think what is honorable is for me to do what I think is right," Paul said.

Robert also talked plenty of policy with Paul. Here are some of the highlights.

http://app1.kuhf.org/articles/npr1327520602-Ron-Paul-Steadily,-Our-Numbers-Are-Growing.html

bluesc
01-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Hadn't heard from Ron in a few days. I'm guessing the campaign is focusing on this mysterious secret delegate strategy while not winning any states. Ron isn't really needed all that much if we don't need to win any votes.

D.A.S.
01-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Hm, not a good article... Will have to listen to the interview.