PDA

View Full Version : Does the campaign questoinnare the public on RP's ideas?

febo
01-25-2012, 02:44 PM
It has always seemed to me that it's Ron Paul's ideas even more than his policy (which, once you've understood the ideas, you see as naturally flowing from them) that matter most.
Once you understand the ideas you are - I would argue - highly likely to become a convert to Ron Paul. In any case, you will have had to ask yourself many questions.

What are the key ideas?
To what degree do various sectors of the populace (not just the voters) know about and understand them?
Those that do understand the ideas, do they support (and would vote) Ron Paul? if not why not etc.

Those who don't understand - what are the main reasons?
Those who don't know - how many, where, what's thier profile.

This information would yield quite a specific set of things to aim towards.

Maybe I'm being niaeve, but I've never seen info like this. Think, when the media - as it has done recently - suggest that Paul's younger supporters just want the drugs - would it be great if DW could fire back with a statistic such as - Our polls show that younger people have studied and understood Paul's ideas to a much greater degree than other age groups, maybe that's why they support him most. Younger people are less bought-in to a system that badly needs reform.

Come to think of it, this could become both a grassroots and an internet thing - 'Take the Ron Paul Test?'. Supporters could conduct a questionnaire on the street etc, and it could also be set up on the web. An opional auto generated response, tailored to the test score, could be offered.