PDA

View Full Version : SOMEONE tweet Wead or something!

Lord Xar
01-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Can someone let Wead know that Ron needs to BELT IT OUT OF THE PARK TOMORROW!!!!

He needs to do something. A great debate performance is worth millions in advertising.

He needs a way to turn the marginalization around on them. Attacking the hosts worked for Newt. Or call them out on their biasness "Why do you not allow the American voters to decide which candidate can best turn this country around when you ask canned questions to two of the most status quo/establishment candidates up here. It seems unfair that you are trying to create the narrative for the voter. You should ask & treat all candidates equally. Equal time. Let them all answer the same questions." or something.

I don't know... perception is everything and Faux and radio bobble-heads are creating the narrative of "last place" because of S.C. "He is dangerous" etc...

We need a watershed moment. I like Wead, I think he is great - but his debating tact is good for the long haul, it isn't good when you are trying to climb your way out of a hole and make sharp and concise impressions in the moment.

sailingaway
01-25-2012, 01:33 PM
He needs to say what he WILL do, not just what he WON'T do on foreign policy and he needs to point out he is the ONLY ONE who would not cut Social Security and medicare yet would balance the budget in 3 years WITHOUT using the words 'transition plan' which leads the elderly to think he won't pull the rug out THIS year but will NEXT. He won't harm it for those who paid in and will let the young opt out, is a very different thing.

bcreps85
01-25-2012, 01:35 PM
I agree. We won't win or even get 2nd in FL no matter what, but 3rd is of utmost importance for perception of "who should drop out", and to prove there is still some momentum. It's time to go on offense during these debates. Call the media out. Ignore stupid questions and answer what he will do to keep Social Security and Medicare financed. Stop saying what we won't do around the world with our military and say what we will do here and if we are attacked.

eugenekop
01-25-2012, 01:40 PM
I think RP has switched to preacher mode, which is also fine. When you do presidential marketing you don't voice the message of liberty. So its not an easy dilemma.

CaptUSA
01-25-2012, 01:44 PM
He needs to do something. A great debate performance is worth millions in advertising.

It's also worth millions in the campaign coffers. Moneybombs work a lot better when the grassroots are fired up. An A+ debate gets us more amped up and attracts more potential donors.

I always say the best thing he can do is have a call to action. It doesn't really matter what it is, but give the people something to do!

eugenekop
01-25-2012, 01:45 PM
For that he has to stop spreading the message of liberty and instead do cheap marketing tricks and one liners. Not sure if that's what we want.

Lord Xar
01-25-2012, 01:48 PM
For that he has to stop spreading the message of liberty and instead do cheap marketing tricks and one liners. Not sure if that's what we want.

We want to win. I don't believe "liberty" needs to be conveyed in a specific way. Look at the great speakers of the past.. MLK, Kennedy etc.. even the knucklehead Obama -- their message is one the people love. They speak about liberty/freedom/jobs etc.... True, it matters what happens afterwards... but Ron Paul's message can be preached like fiery brimstone... if he did. That is all it would take.

We talked about this in 2007. Same issues. I just hope Wead or someone can instill it in Ron or tweak it so that it resonates more.

Darthbrooklyn
01-25-2012, 01:50 PM
1. Ron needs to act like he wants to be there.. Tuesdays debate looked like he wasnt
2. If Doug Weade/Bruce Fein/Benton/Jack Hunter explain Ron Paul better then Ron Paul does, its a problem
3. In relation to #2, Millions of people are watching Ron Paul at the debates.. his surrogate spokespeople are not watched by millions no matter how awesome they are. His delivery needs to change and fast...

I love Ron as much as the next guy , but im being a realist..

PursuePeace
01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
He needs to say what he WILL do, not just what he WON'T do on foreign policy and he needs to point out he is the ONLY ONE who would not cut Social Security and medicare yet would balance the budget in 3 years WITHOUT using the words 'transition plan' which leads the elderly to think he won't pull the rug out THIS year but will NEXT. He won't harm it for those who paid in and will let the young opt out, is a very different thing.

YES!!

LibertyEagle
01-25-2012, 01:56 PM
We want to win. I don't believe "liberty" needs to be conveyed in a specific way. Look at the great speakers of the past.. MLK, Kennedy etc.. even the knucklehead Obama -- their message is one the people love. They speak about liberty/freedom/jobs etc.... True, it matters what happens afterwards... but Ron Paul's message can be preached like fiery brimstone... if he did. That is all it would take.

We talked about this in 2007. Same issues. I just hope Wead or someone can instill it in Ron or tweak it so that it resonates more.

I agree. People want passion and conviction.

febo
01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
I think one of ther key buzzwords for Republican audiences is "strong" - Romney drops it all the time. RP even used it along with a fist clench recently.
Perhaps Paul could explain how liberty is much "stronger" way of living than relying on a nanny state, that the strongest leaders resist the use of violence - discretion is the better part of valor etc.

Lord Xar
01-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Why do we all see this.. but the campaign doesn't? I am not understanding it.

Darthbrooklyn
01-25-2012, 02:05 PM
You can still spread the message of liberty without pandering or playing dirty politics... Its all about communication.... The message and the delivery shouldnt be mutually exclusive.

Revolution9
01-25-2012, 02:05 PM
When you have always been the smartest guy in the room you have a tendency to hedge your way into concepts because people have and will walk away. They are insulted that you are challenging their constructs if you just say something with assurance. Ron's defense mechanism is to kind of stutter his way into concepts to let the listeners guard down that these are not intellectual decrees but more softball think-abouts. I don't know if this can or should be changed. The concept of positive versus negative as to what you would do under given policies is tough in that it is in the same grey area in public perception as rights which to be exercised have to be exercised or made positive. But some people will get downright pissed at you for exercising your rights. What brings cheers from one group brings jeers from another. I think just stick to his guns and no stuttering into concepts as a defense mechanism. Let the other clowns trash each other. Let no slight pass without at least an attempt with hand gestures to speak.

Rev9

LibertyEagle
01-25-2012, 02:06 PM

Why do you assume that they don't understand it? I'm pretty sure that they do.

Sarge
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
I agree SS should be a big one liner tonight. He is likely only to get 6 minutes, so he needs a shock couple liner that grabs attention.

Something along the lines. Voters, I am the one to elect so your SS continues. The others intend to keep on spending and having wars until there will be no money left for your SS. I intend to prevent that by cutting the debt, closing the billion dollar embassies, bringing troops home to create spending here, letting younger people opt out of SS while protecting those that are on SS etc.

If Ron intends to be President, he needs to be able to be forceful and not Mr. nice this time. As President, he will have to be not nice many times. Lower the voice and take command tonight, jump in and don't let the MSM shoot those crap questions without blowback.

turbobrain9
01-25-2012, 02:13 PM
I think you have to tweet the person closest to Ron or at least would have the most influence. Jesse, maybe John Tate...but I doubt that they even have that much of an influence. I think Ron does his own thing for whatever reason. Obviously he is aware that he can do a better job with his delivery but as they say: "to know and not to do, is not to know."

To be fair, Ron has made a few changes to his message: 1. He talks about not attacking child and elderly healthcare 2. he uses the words strong national defense and distinguishes military from defense spending. 3. He has attacked Santorum and Newt on their records in the debates when asked.

Anything else that we have seen him change up?

He has got to do something because the media is will move to suggest how the campaign is moving towards irrelevancy.

angrydragon
01-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Lol, that's it Sarge, no more Mr. nice guy, be in charge.

He could be Mr. nice after he garners the nomination.

BKom
01-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Ron is the cash cow for every one of these guys in the campaign. And they know he's going to be the cash cow long after this campaign is over. They will do nothing to jeopardize their future on the money train. They will not tell him the truth and they will not challenge his natural inclination to refuse debate coaching. He is stubborn, and they are worthless in this respect.

LibertyEagle
01-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Ron is the cash cow for every one of these guys in the campaign. And they know he's going to be the cash cow long after this campaign is over. They will do nothing to jeopardize their future on the money train. They will not tell him the truth and they will not challenge his natural inclination to refuse debate coaching. He is stubborn, and they are worthless in this respect.

:rolleyes:

wowrevolution
01-25-2012, 02:46 PM
i believe he needs to attack & expose the billionaires that are funding Newt & Santorum's PACs

JJ2
01-25-2012, 02:50 PM
He needs a powerful, memorable, catchy line. That's all.

Lord Xar
01-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Then SOMEONE PLEASE EMAIL WEAD OR TATE OR BENSON!! RON Needs to Input some serious knowledge in a way that people get it!

1. Social Security : My plan keeps your social security in place. I am a senior (laugh), I understand your issues. I also predicted the economic collapse while all these others were shaking lobbyist hands. They want endless debt, endless war - you wont have Social Security with them. It will all come crashing down. My plan protects you.

2. Call out the media for their obvious biasness. "Many of these networks get subsidies from the government and/or are part of larger parent companies who are part of the Military Industrial Complex. A few even received bailouts. You think they want me to have an equal voice in this election? I want to stop all of this cronyism and special treatment at your expense..."

3. FOREIGN POLICY : The media & radio talking heads have twisted my foreign policy, and perhaps I haven't clearly stated it. "IF OUR NATIONAL SECURITY IS THREATENED AND I go to congress for a declaration of war!! WE GO IN AND WE WIN IT AND WE GET OUT!! This is why there was no "declaration of war". The intent was never to leave these places.. but to occupy them. This has made us less safe. We all know it. My way. We mind our own business. You want to tangle with us. Lets do it constutionally and get in/win it. Get out"

EBounding
01-25-2012, 02:53 PM

Yes, THIS times a million.

People think Paul's idea of national defense is "bringing the troops home and talking to other countries". And frankly, I don't blame them. That's what the media says, and Dr. Paul isn't exactly saying anything differently. Bringing the troops home and diplomacy is an important aspect of his foreign policy, but it says nothing about national defense. He needs to define the characteristics of a strong national defense HIMSELF so people stop making their own assumptions. Mitt did a little bit of this last debate by talking about the Navy. There's no reason why Paul can't do the same.

I will donate $100 tomorrow night if he gets specific on national defense.

Sarge
01-25-2012, 02:55 PM
ad,

I agree.

He needs to set up the up coming caucus states tonight by, taking charge no matter what.

pacelli
01-25-2012, 02:56 PM

I agree with all of the above, and if I had to relay only 1 message to an already busy campaign (and an even busier Ron), I would relay the part in bold. Well said. This will win him literally hundreds of thousands of voters.

He needs to go beyond "protect our borders" and "bring the troops home".

People need to know how Ron Paul is going to protect America from getting attacked. He needs to tell people what he will do to PREVENT the attack without causing a war with his actions.

Athan
01-25-2012, 02:59 PM
I say he threaten default and point to the culprits standing next to him as to why it will happen. Then point to the camera and say with a slight pause for it to sit in... then say Obama so people think "oh, I thought he was going to say me for a second."

...but we all know it was because of those idiots watching with no clue. Tee hee!

liveandletlive
01-25-2012, 03:02 PM
he needs to do something that will get people to actually talk about him after the debate is over. Desperate times call for desperate measures

Darthbrooklyn
01-25-2012, 03:03 PM
he needs to do something that will get people to actually talk about him after the debate is over. Desperate times call for desperate measures

YES YES YES YES YES YES

sailingaway
01-25-2012, 03:05 PM
I agree. We won't win or even get 2nd in FL no matter what, but 3rd is of utmost importance for perception of "who should drop out", and to prove there is still some momentum. It's time to go on offense during these debates. Call the media out. Ignore stupid questions and answer what he will do to keep Social Security and Medicare financed. Stop saying what we won't do around the world with our military and say what we will do here and if we are attacked.

I'm not thinking of Florida so much, but the upcoming caucus state voters are watching these debates, as well. Florida, I hope we get third in, but we've already written off 'perception' for what it's worth, in pursuit of mathematical advantage in delegates, so we can't complain if we come in fourth in Florida. I'd love a third, though.

BKom
01-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Ron needs to call out that nutcase Santorum's "jihadi behind every rock" nonsense about Cuba. He needs to tell everyone in FL that the embargo is nuts and has done nothing but help Castro all these decades. The younger Cubans in FL are in favor of dropping the embargo. Only dopes think it accomplishes anything good.

D.A.S.
01-25-2012, 03:09 PM

Agreed!

When I see Ron in preacher mode, I start doubting whether he's in this to win or purely to educate. I think he forgets sometimes because he WANTS to educate, but he NEEDS to win. Unfortunately, the switch from politician to preacher occurs at the MOST unfortunate times, like that FOX debate a week ago.

Give me more of that New Hampshire debate! That "I went" moment. I want another one like that this Thursday.

anaconda
01-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Can someone let Wead know that Ron needs to BELT IT OUT OF THE PARK TOMORROW!!!!

He needs a way to turn the marginalization around on them. Attacking the hosts worked for Newt. Or call them out on their biasness "Why do you not allow the American voters to decide which candidate can best turn this country around when you ask canned questions to two of the most status quo/establishment candidates up here. It seems unfair that you are trying to create the narrative for the voter. You should ask & treat all candidates equally. Equal time. Let them all answer the same questions." or something.

I don't know... perception is everything and Faux and radio bobble-heads are creating the narrative of "last place" because of S.C. "He is dangerous" etc...

We need a watershed moment. I like Wead, I think he is great - but his debating tact is good for the long haul, it isn't good when you are trying to climb your way out of a hole and make sharp and concise impressions in the moment.

We need a good headline. How about if Ron says 9-11 was an inside job?

JamesButabi
01-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Ron Paul needs to be involved. He doesn't even get mentioned in the news cycle, it is like he doesn't exist. He hasn't said anything new or newsworthy in the past couple debates. He can't keep saying the same things 100 times over and expect new results. People and supporters react to boldness or at least the appearance that you are trying to make a splash. He can do this without lying or stretching.

- Has not directly challenged other candidates on how they intend to close a 1 trillion deficit while not labeling any significant cuts and proposing more war with Iran.
- Should point out the discrepancy of his support and tie it into media manipulation and where people get their media from.
- More boldness regarding entitlements and his plan to save them for this generation. "Do you need SS / Medicare or do you need a war with Iran? Make a choice, because you can't have both without bankrupting the country. The other candidates are lying will promise you anything and everything, I will give you the truth."

cstarace
01-25-2012, 03:25 PM
We need a good headline. How about if Ron says 9-11 was an inside job?
Jesus fucking Christ, no.

Yes, he needs to be far more assertive -- dare I say, angry? Now is not the time to play nice. It's time to take off the gloves and throw a few knockout punches. Attack Newt and Romney at every opportunity, there's a ton of material. Clear up this foreign policy misconception by asserting how he'd keep the country safe despite not using force. Be emphatic that his plan is the only one to preserve social security/medicare. Less of "we" "us", and more of the "federal government" and "Washington".

ZanZibar
01-25-2012, 03:51 PM

He needs to do something. A great debate performance is worth millions in advertising.Do you REALLY think Doug Wead doesn't know what he's doing? :rolleyes:

Tonewah
01-25-2012, 04:21 PM
I think he's hit it out of the park every debate. The issue isn't his performance... the issue is how the media spins it. They always say Newt or Mitt did best, and Santorum really showed up. They always spin Paul badly. ALWAYS. It doesn't matter if he inspired everyone there to vote for him, the media will say Newt had an awesome night. Or Romney made some great point... or some useless hyperbole about the candidates that doesn't even resemble the truth of what happened.

The next day, crack-head Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity et al will be spinning against Ron, especially if he does well. I think he does best when he sticks to the message he's been sticking to for 40 years and doesn't change his tactics. That's what won him my support, and pretty much the support of everyone who backs him.

dbill27
01-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Someone needs to let Ron know that he needs to do well in the debate? Is that really the point of this thread?

Captain Shays
01-25-2012, 05:40 PM

Sailing, how can we get this message to somebody who will get it to Ron? I was thinking about one of us putting it into letter form and all of us sign a petition. They must know what we've done and how hard we all work for this effort. We're the one out here on the front lines every day talking, writing, making videos, raising money and donating our own money until it hurts. We ARE the campaign. If they won't respond to us now, how will they respond to us if they win the election?

anaconda
01-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Jesus fucking Christ, no.

Yes, he needs to be far more assertive -- dare I say, angry? Now is not the time to play nice. It's time to take off the gloves and throw a few knockout punches. Attack Newt and Romney at every opportunity, there's a ton of material. Clear up this foreign policy misconception by asserting how he'd keep the country safe despite not using force. Be emphatic that his plan is the only one to preserve social security/medicare. Less of "we" "us", and more of the "federal government" and "Washington".

Ron will flounder at around 20-30% for the rest of the election without a major paradigm shift in the dialog. Somehow.

cstarace
01-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Ron will flounder at around 20-30% for the rest of the election without a major paradigm shift in the dialog. Somehow.
And if he mentioned anything about an inside job he'd flounder at ~5%.

BKom
01-25-2012, 06:29 PM

I would give a lot for Ron to "flounder around 20-30 percent" for the rest of the election. That would mean some coverage and lots of delegates. He would be very lucky indeed to flounder around those numbers.

BKom
01-25-2012, 06:31 PM
And if he mentioned anything about an inside job he'd flounder at ~5%.

I think the original inside job post was a joke. Probably the biggest difference in this campaign and it's success is the fact that the truthers have either moved on, or learned to keep it to themselves. They've done Ron a big favor.

anaconda
01-25-2012, 06:55 PM
I think the original inside job post was a joke. Probably the biggest difference in this campaign and it's success is the fact that the truthers have either moved on, or learned to keep it to themselves. They've done Ron a big favor.

I was almost halfway serious. I think he needs to hammer on some of the establishment's conspiracies and frame them in a more diabolical manner. And outright lambast the others as willing obedient puppets. Wars, Fed, police state should all be fair game. He needs to turn the tables on these guys and call a spade a spade. Furthermore, if the government gets a complete pass forever and ever on 9-11 it continues to be difficult for people to realize the Muslim terrorist threat is a manufactured lie. It is a terrible disadvantage to overcome in public opinion. There should be many ways to undermine the government's integrity without shouting out "inside job" directly.

BKom
01-25-2012, 08:27 PM
I was almost halfway serious. I think he needs to hammer on some of the establishment's conspiracies and frame them in a more diabolical manner. And outright lambast the others as willing obedient puppets. Wars, Fed, police state should all be fair game. He needs to turn the tables on these guys and call a spade a spade. Furthermore, if the government gets a complete pass forever and ever on 9-11 it continues to be difficult for people to realize the Muslim terrorist threat is a manufactured lie. It is a terrible disadvantage to overcome in public opinion. There should be many ways to undermine the government's integrity without shouting out "inside job" directly.

And we're back to reality. It was a beautiful dream while it lasted.

Btw, the "Muslim" threat is real. But it's small and not worth giving up our liberty for. Just as the insane of every religion are dangerous, so are the Muslims. Fundamentalists of every religion are more a death cult than a life affirming force for good. And it's been that way all through history. That's why you get supposed Christians booing the golden rule.

seawolf
01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Tomorrow night is the last Debate for 27 days!!! That should motivate Ron to outperform expectations!!!

He can basically take the the first three weeks of February off of Debate Prep and to what he loves, spreading the message of Liberty and Freedom.

Tod
01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
He needs to roll out some examples to help people envision life with President Paul. Things that people are most concerned about, he needs to take head on and paint a picture of how things will be different. Right now Obama and the other candidates are mainly knocking him by engaging in fearmongering (the environment will go to h*ll under Paul because he believes in no regulations, etc)

floridasun1983
01-25-2012, 08:54 PM
A win would do wonders for the campaign.

Brett85
01-25-2012, 08:55 PM

The elderly won't vote for Ron because of his foreign policy views and his view on drug legalization. It has nothing to do with Social Security and Medicare. When Rick Perry came into the race, he had the support of about 35% of voters, which included a large percentage of elderly voters. This was a guy who wrote a book basically saying that Social Security and Medicare should be done away with, and yet he had massive support from older voters.

LibertyEagle
01-25-2012, 09:02 PM
The elderly won't vote for Ron because of his foreign policy views and his view on drug legalization. It has nothing to do with Social Security and Medicare. When Rick Perry came into the race, he had the support of about 35% of voters, which included a large percentage of elderly voters. This was a guy who wrote a book basically saying that Social Security and Medicare should be done away with, and yet he had massive support from older voters.

And you are feeding into "the problem". Dr. Paul would NOT "legalize" drugs. He only would decriminalize them at the federal level. Which basically means get the federal government out of the drug business and allow regulation to take place at the state level. All 50 states have drug laws right now and they still would after a President Paul decriminalized them at the federal level.

Muwahid
01-25-2012, 09:09 PM

Btw, the "Muslim" threat is real. But it's small and not worth giving up our liberty for. Just as the insane of every religion are dangerous, so are the Muslims. Fundamentalists of every religion are more a death cult than a life affirming force for good. And it's been that way all through history. That's why you get supposed Christians booing the golden rule.

The Muslim thread is real as a result of interventionism in the middle east, the cure for it, is withdrawing. Once that happens there is no significant Muslim threat, just as ending the drug war renders drug related violence (associated with criminal organized crime, trafficking) a thing of the past.

anaconda
01-25-2012, 09:24 PM

94% of the world's terrorism is committed by non-Muslims. I would venture a guess that most of the 6% Islamic terrorism is coddled, nurtured, and stoked by western intelligence agencies.

Brett85
01-25-2012, 09:42 PM
And you are feeding into "the problem". Dr. Paul would NOT "legalize" drugs. He only would decriminalize them at the federal level. Which basically means get the federal government out of the drug business and allow regulation to take place at the state level. All 50 states have drug laws right now and they still would after a President Paul decriminalized them at the federal level.

Yeah, but the thing is that Ron doesn't usually explain his position the way that you just did. In one of the earlier debates this year, he gave a defense of legalizing heroin without really arguing the issue from a states' rights perspective. I realize that the President doesn't actually have the authority to legalize drugs, but the perception among Republicans is that Ron supports drug legalization.

kuckfeynes
01-25-2012, 10:00 PM
The thing is, he does support legalization, and he's not going to act like he doesn't.
And it does have practical application, e.g. states that legalize cannabis.
It would probably encourage more states to follow suit, and encourage further exploration of legalization of other substances.
He's almost a pure voluntaryist, we know that's the underlying reason Republicans hate him, and that's the whole point.

sunghoko
01-25-2012, 10:36 PM

I think Ron could win on this platform alone. He would beef up Social Security by cutting overseas spending. Most AARP'ers want SS to be left alone

mport1
01-25-2012, 10:38 PM

I have never understood this. We have been telling them stuff like this for years.

freneticentropy
01-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Somehow, we need to get Paul angry for the debates. Maybe put a swarm of bees in his car on the way to the debate.

GraspingForPeace
01-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Somehow, we need to get Paul angry for the debates. Maybe put a swarm of bees in his car on the way to the debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4MqTCIDKhU

TheTexan
01-25-2012, 11:25 PM
The other candidates ignore the constitution. He needs to be aggressive and cite specific examples.

The size and scope of government has increased with every presidency of the past 100 years... he needs to explain this, and how he is the only one on that stage who can be counted on to reverse that trend

dagnybell
01-25-2012, 11:38 PM
1. Social Security : My plan keeps your social security in place. I am a senior (laugh), I understand your issues. I also predicted the economic collapse while all these others were shaking lobbyist hands. They want endless debt, endless war - you wont have Social Security with them. It will all come crashing down. My plan protects you.

2. Call out the media for their obvious biasness. "Many of these networks get subsidies from the government and/or are part of larger parent companies who are part of the Military Industrial Complex. A few even received bailouts. You think they want me to have an equal voice in this election? I want to stop all of this cronyism and special treatment at your expense..."

3. FOREIGN POLICY : The media & radio talking heads have twisted my foreign policy, and perhaps I haven't clearly stated it. "IF OUR NATIONAL SECURITY IS THREATENED AND I go to congress for a declaration of war!! WE GO IN AND WE WIN IT AND WE GET OUT!! This is why there was no "declaration of war". The intent was never to leave these places.. but to occupy them. This has made us less safe. We all know it. My way. We mind our own business. You want to tangle with us. Lets do it constutionally and get in/win it. Get out"

Great post!

TheTexan
01-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Ya, our constitution is literally being stomped on. If he were to just say something like "Read the Constitution. Then read the laws we have today. Then go back and read the Constitution. Do this and it becomes crystal clear that all three branches have no regard for the constitution anymore. The commerce clause. The 2nd amendment. The 4th amendment. The 10th amendment.(insert some others) These have all fallen by the way side. Unfortunately nowadays judges are appointed in order to advance some agenda. I say there needs to be a litmus test for all judges. The litmus test should be to uphold the written text and original intent of the constitution."

TER
01-25-2012, 11:43 PM
There is time to teach like a doctor. There is time to debate like a philosopher. And there is time to be Commander in Chief.

That last time, Dr. Paul, is now.

The majority of America have lives which are filled with such struggles and difficulties, they do not have the time to research the issues and challenge what the media is telling them. They will go with mainly popular opinion, (at least, what the media is making popular opinion). What the erratic polling numbers and fickle voters are telling us is that they want a Leader, a Commander in Chief, someone who is willing to fight for them. That is what they are looking for right now. Someone to point to them to and tell them where to go and show the way back home.

Dr. Paul, I beg of you, expose the media right now. In Florida, this election, pull the curtain away and reveal the dangers that a fascist-leaning media does upon the people: injustice, slander and sinister deception.

FOX News, I'm calling you out! :mad:

And with the rest of them who benefit from the bailouts and the corporate subsidies. CNN, MSNBC, CBS, The deserters of honorable and unbiased journalism, the kind which history remarks about and remembers, which improved the condition of man, elevated it and helped advance civilization. In some of the most dreary times, becoming the bastions of liberty and a bulwark for accuracy and truth.

Lord, give Ron Paul the strength, conviction, and courage to lead. Like young David, grant him to approach Goliath and confront him and be victorious over him. Protect him and guide him and enter into his heart and enliven him with Your All Holy and Life-giving Spirit, and grant him the patience, fortitude, and precision to slay the giant amongst us, as You did with King David that fateful day.

We ascribe all honor and glory and worship to You, our God and Creator, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit!

pastore1215
01-25-2012, 11:45 PM

I understand that Mr. Wead worked for/with both George Bush I and George Bush II. I would never allow anyone that close to the Establishment within 100 miles of the campaign.

How can we trust him?

We'd have been bettre off with Rand running. His team kicked ass in KY.

dagnybell
01-25-2012, 11:50 PM
He needs to try to connect with people. He is perceived as being very genuine and honest but he does not emotionally connect with the audience. It's clear that he definitely believes in what he says and is consistent but people consider him to be more of a professor type than a leader. He has to clearly describe is Vision for the country, laying out what his policies would look like to the average citizen once put into practice - paint the picture for them - don't expect them to connect the dots from high level discussions on monetary and foreign policy.

Also, I would love to see him passionately talk about why he loves this country and what made it great and I would like him to make his stance a call to the American people to stand up and show their best. That if the government gets out of the way, that the American people will have the ingenuity and inventiveness and work ethic to get the economy going again. I'd like to hear him say that his beliefs about limited government are based on the belief in the good in people and that he trusts Americans to do the right thing, make good choices, take responsibility and to help their neighbors in need, and THAT'S why the government needs to get out of the way.