PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul, now is the time to go for the kill in debates, or ...

D.A.S.
01-25-2012, 01:07 PM
... or I fear that we will be stuck playing for last place until the end of this election and demoralization that will follow will damage the great hope and enthusiasm this movement is riding on right now.

The forces in play against us are too powerful, meaning the media. It's obvious they will not cut us a break, they will not mention us, they will marginalize us, and they will do everything to hide us under a rug.

Fortunately, national debates are FREE national publicity, where we don't have to spend millions and millions to get ads on air, and we have the pulpit in those debates! It's a very powerful pulpit because people can hear from you in person, and that's what counts the most.

I understand that being forceful in debates goes against your gentlemanly demeanor and is probably outside of your comfort zone, but NOW is the time to get mad -- to get mad for all of us and all of our work. NOW is the time to go for the throats. NOW is the time to show the American people, who want to see a forceful leader, that we're not made of mud.

You ARE a true leader, Dr. Paul, and great inspiration to us all, but the majority of the people are still blind, and NOW is the time to make them see.

Your last debate performance was solid, and I gave you an A because you finally called out the mainstream GOP on their isolationist foreign policy and explained your electability by saying you're tied with Obama in the recent polls. But we need to build on this and show some teeth in the upcoming debates.

Why? South Carolina was damaging, and the more contests go by, the more people form an opinion of who is "electable". That is the harsh reality. The people are wrong, and they will be proven wrong come November if the GOP nominates a status-quo Republican. But we can't sit idly by and let that happen. We must show who's boss.

Could you please consider stepping outside of your comfort zone in the upcoming debate and going after those other 3 candidates? There is plenty dirt to find in their records, and of course your team can dig up plenty of record-checking goodness to remind the American public about, such as the fact that Newt Gingrich supported public censorship of the internet in 2006 before he came out against it now that he's running for President?

What if you were to call Newt Gingrich what he is - a LIAR - on public TV? Can you imagine how much coverage we would get if you go after Gingrich like our lives depended on it and show the people some real red meat, in concrete terms, like the bills he sponsored back during his time in Congress?

That sort of an action would rally the base and make the people wake up and take notice and realize that WE ARE IN THIS TO WIN.

angrydragon
01-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Yes, be assertive! Speak up! Get into the conversation between Romnewt.

Attack the media in the debates.

openfire
01-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I agree. Now is the time. It is time for Ron Paul to get mad.

D.A.S.
01-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Yes! And waiting for the moderator to get to you after a round has passed also isn't such a great idea - makes us look weak. I think that one of the reasons that Santorum, being the joke that he is, has managed to stay in the double digits is because of his constant assertiveness in the debates. Now, the way HE does it is annoying. But we're not doing ENOUGH of it.

Last debate was a MAJOR improvement in calling our a moderator and asking for time to respond, but we need to exponentially increase that tactic now - this is the last debate for a long time, isn't it? Until March?

D.A.S.
01-25-2012, 01:35 PM
A direct appeal to the American people would be noteworthy, too... Something like "I'd like to ask the American public -- what do you see in Newt Gingrich to make him a frontrunner?? He will give you four more years of Obama because he has no chance of beating Obama!"

Hoax
01-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Calling Gingrich a liar would be good. Calling him a sociopath would be better. I fear Ron will do neither.

D.A.S.
01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Calling Gingrich a liar would be good. Calling him a sociopath would be better. I fear Ron will do neither.

I agree, the chances of that happening are almost NIL. Unless some line of questioning in the debate or a new hard-hitting ad might invite a skirmish. But since we're not competing in Florida, the only way to stay relevant in debates is to go for the throat and get aggressive now. Don't let Santorum do all the work of going after Mitt and Newt - he doesnt even have the record to do it but does it anyway!

Darthbrooklyn
01-25-2012, 01:57 PM
I read an article yesterday that even though Newt blasts the media, he likes the media and the media loves him back. They always chase after him because hes a quote machine.. Ron can use this to his advantage.. The sooner Ron realizes that the news is more into Entertainment than News, the better off hell be.. Imagine the press coverage if Ron stood there on stage anf flatly called everyone else up there "Charlatans", backed up with reasons why? It would be on the front page of Drudge in seconds as well as the lead story in every paper/news website...

Now is the time to attack and take control of the situation.

Darthbrooklyn
01-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I agree, the chances of that happening are almost NIL. Unless some line of questioning in the debate or a new hard-hitting ad might invite a skirmish. But since we're not competing in Florida, the only way to stay relevant in debates is to go for the throat and get aggressive now. Don't let Santorum do all the work of going after Mitt and Newt - he doesnt even have the record to do it but does it anyway!

I'll give one... ONE thing to Santorum.. He aggressively inserts himself into the conversation.. Then uses questions to talk about whatever he wants... I wish Ron would do this.. if he did he would have the nomination locked up...

mello
01-25-2012, 02:15 PM
1st) He needs stand up for himself more. When the moderator obviously skips over him after a round of questions or the times when there is the pingpong style questioning between Mitt & Newt RON NEEDS TO INTERRUPT & NIP THAT IN THE BUD!!! He needs to say something like "There are 4 candidates on this stage, not three! Stop passing me over."

2nd) He needs repeatedly point out that Newt & Rick are not electable because they won't have access to over 500 delegates because they couldn't get their names on the ballots in multiple states.

D.A.S.
01-25-2012, 02:15 PM
I read an article yesterday that even though Newt blasts the media, he likes the media and the media loves him back. They always chase after him because hes a quote machine.. Ron can use this to his advantage.. The sooner Ron realizes that the news is more into Entertainment than News, the better off hell be.. Imagine the press coverage if Ron stood there on stage anf flatly called everyone else up there "Charlatans", backed up with reasons why? It would be on the front page of Drudge in seconds as well as the lead story in every paper/news website...

Now is the time to attack and take control of the situation.

Absolutely! Time to take this circus to the next level and get these debates onto the more serious topics, too.

How about challenging the moderators to talk about the Federal Reserve? How about asking them why nobody wants to cover the NDAA, SOPA, and PIPA?

There's so much that can be done to grab the spotlight and steer the debate in our direction, if only Dr. Paul would interject himself more forcefully like Santorum does. Then we'd have a whole new ballgame. It's all on our hands!

D.A.S.
01-25-2012, 02:16 PM
1st) He needs stand up for himself more. When the moderator obviously skips over him after a round of questions or the times when there is the pingpong style questioning between Mitt & Newt RON NEEDS TO INTERRUPT & NIP THAT IN THE BUD!!! He needs to say something like "There are 4 candidates on this stage, not three! Stop passing me over."

2nd) He needs repeatedly point out that Newt & Rick are not electable because they won't have access to over 500 delegates because they couldn't get their names on the ballots in multiple states.

Dr. Paul COULD say something that draws a laugh... like "what am I, chopped liver? I want in, too!"

angrydragon
01-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Hmm I think he should reduce the FED talk, it's just too complicated for most people right now. He could do it after he gets into the presidency.

Darthbrooklyn
01-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Hmm I think he should reduce the FED talk, it's just too complicated for most people right now. He could do it after he gets into the presidency.

Agreed.. Dont say Business Cycle/Fed/Keynesian/Austrian.. Instead say Balanced budget/Strong Military/More Jobs/Less Foreclosure.. No one cares HOW it gets done as long as it gets done.. Thats all the people care about.

EBounding
01-25-2012, 02:33 PM
This is all anecdotal, but the people I've talked to (who don't even support him) thinks he needs to speak up more if he wants to be President.

angrydragon
01-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Agreed.. Dont say Business Cycle/Fed/Keynesian/Austrian.. Instead say Balanced budget/Strong Military/More Jobs/Less Foreclosure.. No one cares HOW it gets done as long as it gets done.. Thats all the people care about.

Exactly. The MSM and people that watch eat that stuff up.

What's the FED? What's Keynesian (or Austrian), a country?

Like he's talking to business or econ majors.

EBounding
01-25-2012, 02:37 PM

There's a difference between a strong military and a strong national defense though. But yeah, he should go on to explain the characteristics of a strong national defense in his administration (strong Navy, missile defense, etc.). He should also tie in national defense with the 2nd amendment. Just saying he wants a "strong national defense" isn't going to cut the mustard. Mitt actually did this last time by talking about the Navy. Ron needs to get even more specific than Mitt.

runamuck
01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
The time to shift the growing momentum of public opinion is now or never.

LiveForHonortune
01-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Calling Gingrich a chickenhawk was a start but right now we need Gingrich to take away from Romney.

D.A.S.
01-25-2012, 02:58 PM
This is all anecdotal, but the people I've talked to (who don't even support him) thinks he needs to speak up more if he wants to be President.

That is absolutely true! I guess whether he WANTS to be President or not is irrelevant - he probably doesn't WANT to be President. But if Dr. Paul is in it to take back the White House, win, and take the country back, then yes, he must absolutely speak up to make sure he is perceived as a viable leader. People need that perception.

Calling Gingrich a chickenhawk was a start but right now we need Gingrich to take away from Romney.

The problem right now is the Newt-and-Mitt show, and they are collectively rising in the polls, while we're not moving. This is just as dangerous as if Mitt were running away with it because the more Dr. Paul is relegated by the media into obscurity, the fewer are our chances to recover from such perception!

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Dr. Paul should go after Mitt and Newt like he did to Rick Perry. He is deadly when he wants to be.

ONE. MAN. WRECKING MACHINE.

Babylon
01-25-2012, 06:54 PM
He should moon the moderator.

Definite 5% bump if he does.

D.A.S.
01-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Dr. Paul should go after Mitt and Newt like he did to Rick Perry. He is deadly when he wants to be.

ONE. MAN. WRECKING MACHINE.

True that! I know he feels pretty uncomfortable doing it because he's such a humble man, but I hope the campaign advisors tell him that we need that momentum, and a knock-out debate performance will help reclaim it.

dfb
01-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Pauls Foreign Policy: The 3 Ds

Determine who the enemy is
Declare war
Destroy/Defeat (depending on how gungho you want him to be) the enemy and come home.

He needs to learn the art of sound bites. He is running out of time.

alucard13mmfmj
01-25-2012, 07:05 PM
he gotta get mad!!

alucard13mmfmj
01-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Pauls Foreign Policy: The 3 Ds

Determine who the enemy is
Declare war
Destroy/Defeat (depending on how gungho you want him to be) the enemy and come home.

He needs to learn the art of sound bites. He is running out of time.

Paul needs to learn the 5 Ds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YxvZBqfi0g&feature=related

dfb
01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Paul needs to learn the 5 Ds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YxvZBqfi0g&feature=related

that was great!

He just has to come up with some strong lines and prepare. He seems to wing everything. I love him for his class up there and honesty but if he wants to win he really needs to come up with strong lines that will bring some attention from him and start getting people who support other candidates to take a second look at him.

JoshS
01-25-2012, 07:23 PM
lol don't get your hopes up

Barrex
01-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Like usual I am not with the rest lol.

Paul should HOLD his attacks during Florida.He cant win it. Let other spit and smear each other. He should push his platform, attack
the NDAA, SOPA, and PIPA. Be on more aggressive when moderator skips him on question.

He should attack them without mercy after Florida to maximize impact.

No Free Beer
01-25-2012, 07:34 PM
There are so many times during the debates when Ron could interject.

For example,

when Mitt and Newt were talking about Mitt's taxes and Bain Capital...

Ron could raise his voice and say, "THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT! IF WE GOT RID OF THE INCOME TAX, WE WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION! TAXES ARE A FORM OF SLAVERY! As for Bain Capital, THIS IS A FREE MARKET! Mitt had all the right to do what he did! Stop all this ridiculous fighting. Lets talk about keeping the fruits of our labor, the idea that WE own our money, NOT THE GOVERNMENT!"

The crowd would go nuts and it would be the most memorable moment of the debate...

Sometimes, I just don't get why Ron doesn't speak up like that!

FriedChicken
01-25-2012, 07:35 PM
What I want more than anything else is this ...
For Ron Paul to start talking - tell everyone that no one listened to his warnings back then but they need to listen now. Tell everyone that he is tired of all the rhetoric and is just going to tell it like it is than go on for as long as he can - have moderator interrupt but just keep talking ... be very commanding.

Even if they go to commercial break keep talking - the cameras will still be rolling and the footage will be played later.

When his mic is turned off he can say "I'll continue spreading my message of change outside, you all can listen to the status quo in here" and go outside to his hundreds of supporters, stand on the hood of a car for a stage and keep speaking about everything that needs to be done.

There will be a fire like never before in the grassroots, everything he said will be played on the news and it will make him look like the strong candidate with a legion of supporters while the other candidates stand on stage by themselves.
Any attack on Ron Paul during the debate while he isn't there will be considered a cheap shot.

.... just an idea.

JoshS
01-25-2012, 07:38 PM
What I want more than anything else is this ...
For Ron Paul to start talking - tell everyone that no one listened to his warnings back then but they need to listen now. Tell everyone that he is tired of all the rhetoric and is just going to tell it like it is than go on for as long as he can - have moderator interrupt but just keep talking ... be very commanding.

Even if they go to commercial break keep talking - the cameras will still be rolling and the footage will be played later.

When his mic is turned off he can say "I'll continue spreading my message of change outside, you all can listen to the status quo in here" and go outside to his hundreds of supporters, stand on the hood of a car for a stage and keep speaking about everything that needs to be done.

There will be a fire like never before in the grassroots, everything he said will be played on the news and it will make him look like the strong candidate with a legion of supporters while the other candidates stand on stage by themselves.
Any attack on Ron Paul during the debate while he isn't there will be considered a cheap shot.

.... just an idea.

Political Suicide 101.

They wouldn't play any of it anywhere, except online.

Ronulus
01-25-2012, 07:46 PM
He needs to be forceful and assertive. Drink a red bull and a few shots of tequilla before the debate.

bobmurph
01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Time to go for broke. He is at his best when he is fired up.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Paul should HOLD his attacks during Florida.He cant win it.This isn't about Florida, it's about the rest of the campaign. Dr. Paul has to remain a factor in the debates because it does affect voters' perception of him. If he keeps letting himself get shut out, he will appear more and more like a straggler who doesn't belong and is just taking up space. That kills supporter enthusiasm, leads to less donations, leads to falling poll numbers, and it becomes a vicious cycle.

Darthbrooklyn
01-25-2012, 07:52 PM
http://youtu.be/UC_1U7xgAeY There is no tomorrow.. The time is NOW

Muttley
01-25-2012, 07:58 PM
I agree with the majority of the sentiments here. I think we're coming to a tipping point and whether or not we do well in Florida, we need to change the dialogue so that the focus is on Ron. The only way this is going to happen is if he goes on the attack in tomorrow's debate. Unfortunately that is what people want to see. Most people don't want to understand the underlying message, they just want everything at face value and that's it. Most people aren't like us and could give a shit about the business cycle.

I know this is a marathon, but the tide needs to shift our way soon, so the good Doctor should come out swinging before it's too late!

Student Of Paulism
01-25-2012, 08:04 PM
This isn't about Florida, it's about the rest of the campaign. Dr. Paul has to remain a factor in the debates because it does affect voters' perception of him. If he keeps letting himself get shut out, he will appear more and more like a straggler who doesn't belong and is just taking up space. That kills supporter enthusiasm, leads to less donations, leads to falling poll numbers, and it becomes a vicious cycle.

Yea, he is already half way there to looking like Perry did before he dropped out, and that is never a good thing. Sometimes i wonder if Ron's class and good nature messes things up for him sometimes. Ron just isn't good at playing this game when he needs to, something i know for sure Rand would do way better. It's like he thinks he will get fined for being feisty or overly emphatic in a debate or something. It's called a debate for a reason. Newt did and won SC because of it, sheesh.

Ron doesnt understand THE MOB mentality of winning. Once you are nominated and become president then you can do whatever you want as far as complexities of your policies go, but for now, pandering the tactics of the people and the msm is needed now and then. It's no different than the mob of rome, and hell, SC voters the night he got booed, is the closest damn thing to it. The majority of the voters, sadly, dont want much substance, they want fluff and fireworks and drama. Im not saying throw all substance away by any means, but damn, playing the Mr Rogers card too much isn't going to get it done.

And ffs, ill say it for the 21930932932093rd time.

BRING UP THE ALVIN TOFFLER CONNECTION!!

Sentinelrv
01-25-2012, 08:05 PM
I emailed Doug Wead about this thread and the fact that there have been many threads like this today. I feel people are worried that if we don't make a point to stand out now, we're going to be unable to move forward in the polls and we'll never lose the perception of unelectability. I asked him if he could get the message across to Dr. Paul before the debate that this is it, that it's do or die time. I can only hope the message is delivered.

socal
01-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Since interrupting or interjecting himself doesn't seem to be his style, how about he "filibusters" an answer, and when the moderators try and cut him off, he can say that he's not getting his fair share of time in the debate. One downside to that would be if it were right before a commercial break.

moonshine5757
01-25-2012, 08:41 PM
He NEEDS a WOW moment in the debate. I don't care if it's a full on ATTACK of Newt or full on ATTACK of the media, but it had better come. Time to be a big boy and slug it out. Enough with the professor stuff. The American people are clearly stupid and easily manipulated and they love soundbites. I didn't make it that way, but that's the cold hard facts. Keep saying the same message but the delivery has to be from a man that will be president not Mr. Teacher.

The media will ignore him if he doesn't attack. Notice the only time he was talked about after the debate was to mention his brief moment when his balls descended and he attacked Newt?

Srg1
01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
I would like to see ron lay the beatdown to everyone.The 3 that are stealing his 30 years of loyalty and to the media.Fired up like in nh yaa end the fed END THE FED.

PreDeadMan
01-25-2012, 09:48 PM
I agree with the vast majority in this thread THE TIME TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH LOUDLY IS NOW!! DR. PAUL PLEASE PLEASE I BEG OF YOU WE NEED YOU TO STAND OUT IN THESE DEBATES! BREAK UP THE MICKEY MOUSE BULLSHIT BETWEEN NEWT AND ROMNEY GO ON FULL ATTACK MODE AND EXPOSE THESE FRAUDS SAY THESE PEOPLE IF ELECTED WOULD BE THE SAME AS OBAMA AND THEY WOULD SET BACK EVERYTHING HE HAS WORKED HARD FOR , FOR 30 YEARS BACK AND AMERICA WOULD BASICALLY BE DONE FOR.... COME ON DR PAUL!!! WE NEED YOU TO BE VERY ASSERTIVE DON'T TAKE ANYMORE SHIT!!!!! a quick edit to my post the next time dr. paul has an absolutely knock it out of the park debate i will donate him 1 grand i already gave over 1 grand there was 1 debate back that really gave me goosebumps and i just felt like i had to give for the outstanding performance i hope he REPEATS.... AND MORE

Brick-in-the-Wall
01-25-2012, 10:10 PM
I want to see this Ron Paul at the debates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi1nxu-Sy-w&feature=related