PDA

View Full Version : Wanna gauruntee a huge turnout from the typical non voting young supporters??

DealzOnWheelz
11-11-2007, 05:08 PM
In order to gauruntee a huge turnout on election day and at the primaries there are a couple things we can do.

1st All meetup groups should get any necessary paperwork needed to register republican and hold a "Switch your Party/Join the Republicans" Party. And fill out the forms with them at the meetup and someone within the meetup should send them in.

2nd Get a list of everyone in your area who has said they will vote for RON; including Name, telephone #, address, email, work schedule for election day and what party they are currently a part of.

3rd and most important organize a group within the meetup group of people who have transportation and can gauruntee they will have OFF from work on the Primary day. And pick people up and bring them to the polls yourself. You could even have some sort of raffle amongst the people that you do pickup and bring to vote. Everyone who gets picked up and brought to vote gets a ticket..winner gets (whatever the meetup group raised some money for and bought) could be Ron Paul gear or even something not even associated with Ron Paul like an inexpensive TV or something. If some of the more apathetic voters think there is something they can win(other than freedom) they may be more likely to come out.

As for college students who are at a school out of state; the College meetup groups should Get the necessary paperwork for absentee ballots;

or

Organize a day where they can all register in that state and once again the meetup group should get the necessary paperwork and do it with them.

The main reason I think this will be effective is because some people regardless of whether they understand the cause or not are not going to be motivated to do it if they know they have to fill out a bunch of forms and go get a state ID(out of state college students).

If every meetup group can do this it will make more of the supporters accountable and they will feel obligated not just to help Ron out but they will feel obligated to help YOU out.

DealzOnWheelz
11-11-2007, 05:22 PM
bump for visibility

ronpaulyourmom
11-11-2007, 05:26 PM
We cannot let a stupid little form cost us the election. We definitely should focus on getting registration forms into the hands of everybody who has told us they would vote for Ron Paul.

DealzOnWheelz
11-11-2007, 05:35 PM
agreed

DealzOnWheelz
11-11-2007, 05:37 PM
not just get them into their hands but help them fill it out and you send it in for them we cannot rely on everyone who "says" they will do it to go through with it. If we fill out the form for them and send them in for them it is 100% more effective

Convert
11-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Give them this url http://www.credomobile.com/registertovote/?source=govote :D

DealzOnWheelz
11-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Thats great assuming that every1 will goto the website and do it.

How many times has your friend told you to check something out on the internet and by the time you get to your computer you forget or don't get the time.

The link will work well for some people but I think if we intiate the process for alot of people it will be less stressful for them. The whole point is to gauruntee them getting registered and gauruntee they come vote.

It's like the term "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make hime drink it"

This way we bring the water to the horse and directly inject it into their stomach in a sense

ronpaulyourmom
11-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Thats great assuming that every1 will goto the website and do it.

How many times has your friend told you to check something out on the internet and by the time you get to your computer you forget or don't get the time.

The link will work well for some people but I think if we intiate the process for alot of people it will be less stressful for them. The whole point is to gauruntee them getting registered and gauruntee they come vote.

It's like the term "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make hime drink it"

This way we bring the water to the horse and directly inject it into their stomach in a sense

True. I live in a completely open primary state so I don't really have to address this issue with others. I did my own registration and I'm keeping my eye out for any changes from the republican party but for now...

DealzOnWheelz
11-11-2007, 05:56 PM
True. I live in a completely open primary state so I don't really have to address this issue with others. I did my own registration and I'm keeping my eye out for any changes from the republican party but for now...

True about the registering side....

But you should at least check into getting a group of people with vehicles to shuttle voters to the polls. whether it be just to help them out or even if you have some sort of raffle like I was saying in the 1st post.

The goal is a ridiculous percentage of supporters actually voting in the primaries

Eric21ND
11-11-2007, 06:34 PM
You need to give people an incentive and a little extra push to get them to jump in. Just like the Nov 5th mass donation drive. People got excited and went with it. If we want young people to vote in the primary in the early states we should think about setting up primary parties in Iowa, NH, where ever else. We should get some funds together and give away some door prizes, like a tv or something. what do you guys think?

All the ad dollars in newspapers and tv is worthless if we don't get butts in the voters booth. I think we should set up some chip ins for some prizes. Some ads we ran cost $5,000+ we would only need half that or less to get some good stuff to give people that little extra push to the polls. What do you guys think?

The other part of the equation is organizing trasportation to and from the polls.

DealzOnWheelz
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Exactly my point Eric21ND!!

zumajoe
11-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Let's have "voter registration bombs" so there will be a certain day everyone will sign up to register and show proof somehow. maybe even a dedicaed site showcasing all the new voters sign up for ron paul.