PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Interview with WEUS BIG810 Radio in Orlando, Florida

rdhall
01-25-2012, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDsZIUmOPNw

rdhall
01-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Enjoy

unknown
01-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Enjoy

Im enjoying the opening. :) So far so good!

sailingaway
01-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Thank you! And welcome to the forums!!

sailingaway
01-25-2012, 12:33 PM
This is a great interview... I'm not all the way through, but essentially the interviewer is asking Ron what he thinks are the most important things for America to know....

FSP-Rebel
01-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Yep, great interview. How does this station rank as far as market share in Orlando?

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Great interview until the very end at 20:40 where he says Iran is probably working on a nuclear weapon. Why does he say this? I think I've heard him say it before.

Scott Horton the world's #1 foreign affairs expert says there's no more evidence that Iran currently has a nuclear weapons program than there is that Iraq had one or that Aruba has one. Just as with Iraq before the US invaded, Iran is swarming with international weapons inspectors that have found zero evidence of a nuclear weapons program. Why accept this media lie? Repeating this lie is no different than accepting the debunked lies that Colin Powell told about Iraq WMDs. Sure Hussein would have liked to have had nukes as a deterrent to a US invasion, but that doesn't mean that we continue to pretend that Powell wasn't lying about Hussein actually hiding anything from the inspectors.

I agree with what Ron seems to imply which is that Iran has just as much a right to nukes as the US or anybody else. However, I also believe that nobody really has the right to weapons that cannot possibly be used indiscriminately. So, if Ron is going to address the issue of who has the right to have nukes, then he should explain how the US through diplomacy could actually move toward less nukes for all governments including the US.

And if he's going to go that far (which he's going to have to do if he does this right), then he should also point out that if any government should be singled out and prevented from possessing nukes, then it would be the US that the world shouldn't trust since the US is the only government to incinerate 100s of thousands of women, children, and other non-combatants with these indiscriminate weapons.

This Iran/Nuke thing is the centerpiece of the military-media-complex's Scare-Boobus-Americanus-2012 campaign. Ron has to break this down properly if he's ever going to get enough independent young people to flock to the polls to outweigh the 50+ year old Bertha-Six-Pack voters out there. He's got to calmly debunk all the lies, then he's got to explain how he will move the aircraft carriers out of the Persian Gulf and make peace with the rest of the world. He's got to lay out all the details slowly. Marathon length town-hall-like question and answer sessions is the only way to do this. We can stream the whole thing to the internet for the next 30 days as Ron barnstorms through the caucus states. We could have a fact checker panel with people like Eric Margolis, Phil Giraldi, and Ray McGovern on hand that either the questioners or Ron could call upon when needed.

PastaRocket848
01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Yep, great interview. How does this station rank as far as market share in Orlando?

None at all. WDBO dominates (it's on both am and fm). I've lived here for years and I've never heard of it until recently. They play free speech network at night.

BKom
01-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Great interview until the very end at 20:40 where he says Iran is probably working on a nuclear weapon. Why does he say this? I think I've heard him say it before.

Scott Horton the world's #1 foreign affairs expert says there's no more evidence that Iran currently has a nuclear weapons program than there is that Iraq had one or that Aruba has one. Just as with Iraq before the US invaded, Iran is swarming with international weapons inspectors that have found zero evidence of a nuclear weapons program. Why accept this media lie? Repeating this lie is no different than accepting the debunked lies that Colin Powell told about Iraq WMDs. Sure Hussein would have liked to have had nukes as a deterrent to a US invasion, but that doesn't mean that we continue to pretend that Powell wasn't lying about Hussein actually hiding anything from the inspectors.

I agree with what Ron seems to imply which is that Iran has just as much a right to nukes as the US or anybody else. However, I also believe that nobody really has the right to weapons that cannot possibly be used indiscriminately. So, if Ron is going to address the issue of who has the right to have nukes, then he should explain how the US through diplomacy could actually move toward less nukes for all governments including the US.

And if he's going to go that far (which he's going to have to do if he does this right), then he should also point out that if any government should be singled out and prevented from possessing nukes, then it would be the US that the world shouldn't trust since the US is the only government to incinerate 100s of thousands of women, children, and other non-combatants with these indiscriminate weapons.

This Iran/Nuke thing is the centerpiece of the military-media-complex's Scare-Boobus-Americanus-2012 campaign. Ron has to break this down properly if he's ever going to get enough independent young people to flock to the polls to outweigh the 50+ year old Bertha-Six-Pack voters out there. He's got to calmly debunk all the lies, then he's got to explain how he will move the aircraft carriers out of the Persian Gulf and make peace with the rest of the world. He's got to lay out all the details slowly. Marathon length town-hall-like question and answer sessions is the only way to do this. We can stream the whole thing to the internet for the next 30 days as Ron barnstorms through the caucus states. We could have a fact checker panel with people like Eric Margolis, Phil Giraldi, and Ray McGovern on hand that either the questioners or Ron could call upon when needed.

Ron says that Iran is probably working on a nuclear weapon because it's true. What to do about it, if anything, is a completely different matter. They aren't a couple of months away. And they're not likely to ever use it because they are hateful and nuts (the government), but they're not that insane. But they are clearly interested in having the bomb or someone wouldn't be knocking off their nuclear scientists.

sailingaway
01-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Ron says that Iran is probably working on a nuclear weapon because it's true. What to do about it, if anything, is a completely different matter. They aren't a couple of months away. And they're not likely to ever use it because they are hateful and nuts (the government), but they're not that insane. But they are clearly interested in having the bomb or someone wouldn't be knocking off their nuclear scientists.

they were working on it in the 90s. No one has found evidence they are working on it currently, but I think we all assume from the dead scientists showing up that someone thinks they are.

Highstreet
01-25-2012, 03:42 PM
He needs to get on more Radio shows!!!!

MrTudo
01-25-2012, 03:49 PM
I sent the radio station an email of thanks and asked them to ask DR Paul to come back again and again.

green73
01-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Good interview.

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Ron says that Iran is probably working on a nuclear weapon because it's true

Can he cite proof?

....But they are clearly interested in having the bomb or someone wouldn't be knocking off their nuclear scientists.

So, if the US military murders you, then you must be guilty of something?

Ron is usually pretty good about contradicting a lot of this b.s. such as the used car salesman drug dealer whopper or the "wipe off the map" lie. It almost seems like he's thinking that the Iranians are foolish to abide by their existing non-proliferation agreements and their only hope for survival against the insatiably blood thirsty US of Americans is for them to get a nuke as a deterrent. I can understand that but either way he must distinguish himself from the others by not only having a different position but by putting on display all of the facts and logic that go into determining his positions. And the only way for him to do that is to go a lot slower and spend a lot more time and break things down in a lot more detail.

Fortunately, I'll bet Scott Horton, Eric Margolis, and the others would respond on a minute's notice and be happy to tromp around the next month with Ron and be sort of like his guest-hosts-fact-panel at his town-hall-q&a and that will convince everybody and we'll be able to save the world from incineration by the Christian-Dominionist-Neo-conservative coalition.

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-26-2012, 12:48 PM
On his radio show today, Scott Horton just read this from a Haaretz article from last week (Jan 18):

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/barak-israel-very-far-off-from-decision-on-iran-attack-1.407953

Israel believes Iran itself has not yet decided whether to make a nuclear bomb, according to intelligence assesment to be presented later this week to U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Dempsey.

and later in the article:

The intelligence assessment Israeli officials will present later this week to Dempsey indicates that Iran has not yet decided whether to make a nuclear bomb.

I guess its a good the that the US farms out its intelligence gathering to the Mossad, otherwise we'd all be frightened by Bill O'Reilly's threats (not that 18 different US intelligence agencies haven't all said the same thing).