PDA

View Full Version : Video: Ron Paul: Not A Pretender

Zotde75
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Hi, I'm new to these forums and just posted my first Ron Paul video on youtube. I'd love for you all to view, comment, and rate it so that the message becomes even more overwhelming on youtube. I'd love to hear feedback, and tips for my next video. Thank you all!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6nmkkFeDJyE

Adamsa
11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the forums and nice video!

Zotde75
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Welcome to the forums and nice video!

Thank you! Any ideas as to how I can improve the video for next time?

mwkaufman
11-11-2007, 05:06 PM

I don't think Paul comes off well after Stephanopoulos blindsides with him with the, "That's not going to happen." So I would cut him off after that.

bobmurph
11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I was listening to this song in the car today and was thinking how great it would be for a Ron Paul video.

I kind of imagined scenes of Bush and the leading Dem candidates during the parts where the lyrics say "keep you in the dark..." etc.

Then images of Dr. Paul when it talks about "...not like the others", "...never surrender".

Play Ron Paul sound bites during the lyrics that aren't relevant to the message. I think a great overall theme for this video is that the Republicans and Democrats are just two sides of the same coin and Ron Paul is the only one who is "not like the others".

I'd also omit the foo fighters video scenes. Just alternate between images of Ron Paul and the other candidates depending on the particular lyrics, and play relevant soundbites.

Good job!

Zotde75
11-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I was listening to this song in the car today and was thinking how great it would be for a Ron Paul video.

I kind of imagined scenes of Bush and the leading Dem candidates during the parts where the lyrics say "keep you in the dark..." etc.

Then images of Dr. Paul when it talks about "...not like the others", "...never surrender".

Play Ron Paul sound bites during the lyrics that aren't relevant to the message. I think a great overall theme for this video is that the Republicans and Democrats are just two sides of the same coin and Ron Paul is the only one who is "not like the others".

I'd also omit the foo fighters video scenes. Just alternate between images of Ron Paul and the other candidates depending on the particular lyrics, and play relevant soundbites.

Good job!

Thanks very much! I will include all of that in the redux version.

Zotde75
11-11-2007, 05:33 PM
I had another question: Does anyone know where I can get Ron Paul stock footage? It was like pulling teeth getting the footage I used in the video. The video would ideally be in .wmv format or .avi, or any useable format for Windows Movie Maker.

Energy
11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I agree with the suggestion of omitting ALL Foofighter footage.

ButchHowdy
11-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Great Work and welcome to the forum Zotde75!

I hope John Mayer comes through for us with a surprise song.

Zotde75
11-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Great Work and welcome to the forum Zotde75!

I hope John Mayer comes through for us with a surprise song.

Thank you! I, too, am a John Mayer fan.

Lord Xar
11-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi, I'm new to these forums and just posted my first Ron Paul video on youtube. I'd love for you all to view, comment, and rate it so that the message becomes even more overwhelming on youtube. I'd love to hear feedback, and tips for my next video. Thank you all!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6nmkkFeDJyE

Hey.. I just sent you a message via youtube.. can you get back to me on that?

thanks.

Zotde75
11-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Hey.. I just sent you a message via youtube.. can you get back to me on that?

thanks.

Certainly! Edit: I sent you a reply. See what you think and get back to me.

Zotde75
11-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Update: Just hit #63 top favorites for News & Politics. Thanks so much to everyone who has watched and favorited my video.

Pete Kay
11-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I heard Dave Grohl interviewed on NPR last week and h said the he is leaning towards John Edwards. I was really disappointed that he wasn't a Ron Paul guy. Knowing this fact ruins your video for me. Sorry.

Zotde75
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I heard Dave Grohl interviewed on NPR last week and h said the he is leaning towards John Edwards. I was really disappointed that he wasn't a Ron Paul guy. Knowing this fact ruins your video for me. Sorry.

I knew that too =( Still, the message remains the same, and the song is damn catchy.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-12-2007, 10:49 PM

Less rock video and more ron paul and facts.

I couldnt watch it all. If I was a fan of whoever that was I'm sure I would have.