PDA

View Full Version : Change the Narrative




idiom
01-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Obama, Romney, Santorum and Gingrich are all writing cheques their invisible budgets can't cash.

Call them out on it aggressively.

"Iran war, Balanced Budget, Social Security payments. Pick any two."

Accuse them of paying for wars with social security cheques that should be going to seniors.

Obama even alluded to this in the State of The Union.

Newt's only plan to pay for anything is to cutt $100 Billion from inefficiency. Call him out on that, tell him that gets him 7% of the way there. Where is the other 93% of your cuts coming from? Then answer with, "Newt you are planning to cut social security to the bone to pay for your wars".

They are asking for tax returns and court documents and ethics filings? Ask them for their budgets. "Mitt, Where is your budget?"

"America needs actual concrete plans. Cutting social security to go to war with the world is not a good plan."

"That is a interesting foreign policy my opponent has just proposed. Unfortunately he can't pay for it."

"They are robbing Seniors to pay for wars!"

Feeding the Abscess
01-25-2012, 02:32 AM
I can get behind that.

JJ2
01-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Yes. This is good.

jkr
01-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good.Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good. Yes. This is good.:D

idiom, you have won these INterneTS


Ron, if you can see this, use it.

tomorrow

OreDigger
01-26-2012, 12:48 AM
We need to control the narritive for Ron Paul and the other candidates. Currently, our narrative sucks, "Ron Paul wants to let Iran get the BOMB" We're stuck with that until we can fix our narrative, and the narrative of the other candidates. One narrative that I really like is:

"Ron Paul is Incorruptible"

I'd like to see a TV AD, "Ron Paul: Incorruptible" Lobbyists don't bother Ron Paul for a reason... because they know he won't take their money to do their bidding.

We just need to keep hammering this. All the other candidates have been bought and paid for. Ron Paul is the only candidate for the American people.

Edward
01-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Obama, Romney, Santorum and Gingrich are all writing cheques their invisible budgets can't cash.

They are asking for tax returns and court documents and ethics filings? Ask them for their budgets. "Mitt, Where is your budget?"

"That is a interesting foreign policy my opponent has just proposed. Unfortunately he can't pay for it."

Just highlighting my three favorites. Nice job!

thoughtomator
01-26-2012, 12:53 AM
I was thinking something very similar earlier today. Paul can do well by enumerating the problems and emphasizing that he is the only one taking them seriously.

Edward
01-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Similar to Reagan's, "Are you better off than you were four years ago?", Ron could rhetorically ask: "If one of these three becomes President of the United States, do you honestly think the debt will be less four years from now?" I think that would be effective coming right after a short discussion of how the foreign policy plans of R/G/S (and Moon base plans!) fit in with their lack of promise to cut anything substantial from the budget.

idiom
02-10-2012, 04:01 AM
Bump.