PDA

View Full Version : No Tea Party Response

dude58677
01-24-2012, 10:03 PM
It seems that it was now fully confirmed that the real Tea Party leader is Ron Paul, so they are not having it.

matt0611
01-24-2012, 10:04 PM
The tea-party has been fully absorbed by the republican party now. No need to have a separate response and carry on that charade any longer.

maxxgraphix
01-25-2012, 07:43 AM
I've been working a facebook group of The Cincinnati TeaParty that has 3000 members on Facebook but has support in this area of 15K. I have made some progress, but there are some die hard pro-war people. Myself and some Blue Republicans have been posting and debating daily. There still are some that want Limited Government, Low Taxes and Free Markets. I would say that a majority do not like Romney. Many do like Newt and Santorum. I can't see how they could possibly win.

AngryCanadian
01-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Speaking of the Tea Party Whatever Happened to the party?

lucent
01-25-2012, 07:48 AM
There have been a number of Tea Party groups and leaders that have endorsed Paul.

Student Of Paulism
01-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Eh, as far as i am concerned, there is no Tea Party anymore. Unlike OWS which was completely engineered, TP was actually legitimate until too many of the fools at the top allowed themselves to be infected by neocon filth and that was the end of that.

jkob
01-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Yea, the Tea Party does not exist anymore.

otherone
01-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Unlike OWS which was completely engineered,

huh?

ghengis86
01-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Eh, as far as i am concerned, there is no Tea Party anymore. Unlike OWS which was completely engineered, TP was actually legitimate until too many of the fools at the top allowed themselves to be infected by neocon filth and that was the end of that.

Unfortunately yes. They're more concerned with getting Obama out than Paul in.

A. Havnes
01-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Unfortunately yes. They're more concerned with getting Obama out than Paul in.

You know, that is the big issue this election, and I fail to see why. I mean, do they honestly expect a guy like Gingrich or Romney to go in and dismantle the harm Obama has caused us? You really think any of the current runners, RP aside, would change the system?

Gingrich keeps saying that the media is biased against him because he'll "shake things up," as he put it last night on CNN, but his record stands against him, and the media is quite kind to him. How the people can eat that up when there is an active blackout of one of the other candidates (evidence before their very eyes) is quite absurd to me. If the media wanted to destroy Gingrich, they could've done so at any time. The "open marriage" thing could have been played over and over until it sunk his campaign Cain-style.

Is "Serial Hypocracy" still airing anywhere?

01-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Herman Cain is giving/gave the tea party response. Same end result, the tea party has ceased to exist.

Liberty74
01-25-2012, 08:13 AM
I've been working a facebook group of The Cincinnati TeaParty that has 3000 members on Facebook but has support in this area of 15K. I have made some progress, but there are some die hard pro-war people. Myself and some Blue Republicans have been posting and debating daily. There still are some that want Limited Government, Low Taxes and Free Markets. I would say that a majority do not like Romney. Many do like Newt and Santorum. I can't see how they could possibly win.

Show them the video of Santorum saying he is against the Tea Party.

maxxgraphix
01-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Yep, I see most TP people just want ANYBODY but Obama. So most will vote in the general for the GOP. But will not vote for RP in the primaries. What I am very concerned with is a brokered convention. I really believe the GOP is setting this up with Newt and Santorum to ive their delegates to Romney. Newt is arogant and I doubt he will drop out.

Mark37snj
01-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Can the REAL Tea Party plz stand up. The wheat needs to be separated from the chaff. The only way the Tea Party is gona restore itself is to define/redefine what they stand for and eject those in their membership who advocate other, non Tea Party, principles. Let them go where they belong, Neo Con central.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-25-2012, 08:31 AM
The Tea Party so-called are useful idiots for the establishment. I can't get past the stupidity that is the so-called Tea Party. They vote for folks that are against most of their so-called professed beliefs, except that one most important part -- hate dem der mooslims and bomb anyone and everyone. War, war, war, bootlicking, bootlicking, war = so-called Tea Party.

cajuncocoa
01-25-2012, 08:35 AM
The tea-party has been fully absorbed by the republican party now. No need to have a separate response and carry on that charade any longer.^^ this

Hitman83
01-25-2012, 08:48 AM
The Tea Party so-called are useful idiots for the establishment. I can't get past the stupidity that is the so-called Tea Party. They vote for folks that are against most of their so-called professed beliefs, except that one most important part -- hate dem der mooslims and bomb anyone and everyone. War, war, war, bootlicking, bootlicking, war = so-called Tea Party.

You need to put away your broad brush. I have supported the Tea Party and been to many local rallies. I have seen some of the people you mean, but more of the true conservative types. Our rallies blast Republicans who make stupid decisions and put pressure on them when we see any stupidity coming.

The main point of disagreement with Ron Paul supporters and non-Ron Paul supporters boils down to foreign policy almost everytime. The Tea Party was not established based on foreign policy....it was out of government overspending through bailouts and corporate rescues. Our country's spending issues have bubbled MUCH higher than just bailouts and domestic spending. Many people still fail to make the connection between foreign policy spending and domestic spending, so we're kinda stuck until they get their heads out of their asses.

If someone who is a Tea Party person thinks Ron Paul is "crazy," I try to explain his views and win them over. If they are too stubborn, then I would then classify them like you did...useful idiots for the establishment (Newt's support from "conservatives" is amazing when you look at his history and who he calls his role models). BUT, again, careful with the broad brush.

otherone
01-25-2012, 08:55 AM
The tea party movement has become the 'populist' voice of the GOP- low taxes, xenohomophobic, pro-christian/gun/life. Contrast this with the party leadership- corporatist plutocrats. The tea partiers are now being labeled 'obstructionist' by their GOP handlers. Nowhere is Liberty being served by this.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-25-2012, 09:00 AM
You need to put away your broad brush. I have supported the Tea Party and been to many local rallies. I have seen some of the people you mean, but more of the true conservative types. Our rallies blast Republicans who make stupid decisions and put pressure on them when we see any stupidity coming.

The main point of disagreement with Ron Paul supporters and non-Ron Paul supporters boils down to foreign policy almost everytime. The Tea Party was not established based on foreign policy....it was out of government overspending through bailouts and corporate rescues. Our country's spending issues have bubbled MUCH higher than just bailouts and domestic spending. Many people still fail to make the connection between foreign policy spending and domestic spending, so we're kinda stuck until they get their heads out of their asses.

If someone who is a Tea Party person thinks Ron Paul is "crazy," I try to explain his views and win them over. If they are too stubborn, then I would then classify them like you did...useful idiots for the establishment (Newt's support from "conservatives" is amazing when you look at his history and who he calls his role models). BUT, again, careful with the broad brush.

When did the meme get started that so-called Tea Party folks are aligned with Paulites domestically? I can name about fifteen major domestic policy positions that are vehemently opposed by so-called Tea Party folks. Just a few:

Eliminating the War on Drugs
Eliminating the TSA, DHS, Patriot Act, MCA, etc.
Eliminating the Income Tax
Eliminating all subsidies
No Fence/otherwise Imposition on the border
Fully re-instating the 2nd Amendment (E.g., ability to purchase, trade, etc. tanks, artillery, machine guns, explosives, etc.)

I mean I can name some more major policy disagreements if you want and that is not even foreign related.

PS: I've been to many rallies also. You can tell the Paulites from the so-called Tea Party folks. The only reason a lot of us went to these is to try and persuade them to the message of individual liberty and peace. The folks who agreed all ready were in the minority and as time went on didn't even bother to show up anymore because it just became jingoistic Nationalistic tripe.

wstrucke
01-25-2012, 09:01 AM
As an aside, I've also had people vehemently tell me I should "go f**k myself" and not support Ron Paul because I'm an atheist. So much for local groups.

dude58677
01-25-2012, 09:03 AM
I was wrong there was one and Herman Cain gave the Tea Party Repsonse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6XOAvqAmB8

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-25-2012, 09:08 AM
As an aside, I've also had people vehemently tell me I should "go f**k myself" and not support Ron Paul because I'm an atheist. So much for local groups.

I never got the impression of religious bigotry when I went to the local ones held when I was in Milwaukee, but then again I never brought it up. I'm sure the folks who said that to you would probably say the same thing to my Deistic beliefs.

moostraks
01-25-2012, 09:16 AM

:) funny way for them to display their religious beliefs..

I don't understand people like that at all.

thoughtomator
01-25-2012, 09:27 AM
I was wrong there was one and Herman Cain gave the Tea Party Repsonse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6XOAvqAmB8

There's irony for you, a Federal Reserve bankster giving the "tea party" response... I'm impressed they managed to pull that con off

FreeMind&Market
01-25-2012, 09:35 AM
The grassroots tea parties come in all different favors. Ignore the national "tea party" groups and judge each local group on its own merits. Many of the local groups are a good resource for networking and building coalitions and support.

LiveForHonortune
01-25-2012, 09:38 AM
The Tea party, much like the GOP, got hijacked by the neoconservatives.
It was such a massive disappointment to see this happen.
Even Ron Paul himself got fooled into supporting/rallying people these "Tea party" neocons who were running for congress supported by the "Tea party" neocon voters.
You can't trust anyone but two Pauls and a Kucinich these days.

Hitman83
01-25-2012, 02:41 PM
When did the meme get started that so-called Tea Party folks are aligned with Paulites domestically? I can name about fifteen major domestic policy positions that are vehemently opposed by so-called Tea Party folks. Just a few:

Eliminating the War on Drugs
Eliminating the TSA, DHS, Patriot Act, MCA, etc.
Eliminating the Income Tax
Eliminating all subsidies
No Fence/otherwise Imposition on the border
Fully re-instating the 2nd Amendment (E.g., ability to purchase, trade, etc. tanks, artillery, machine guns, explosives, etc.)

We have to keep in mind that the Tea Party groups are not united. The rallies here brought up all of the stuff you mentioned and was welcomed with applause each time. Just depends on the area you're from.

Athan
01-25-2012, 03:06 PM

Tell them two things. "Fine, let's have Congress declare war on Iran, Paul will then kick some Iranian butt to the point they will NEVER be able to recover, and then he will bring our troops home." and "Nobody but Paul."