PDA

View Full Version : Rand's 2012 March for Life Remarks

Matt Collins
01-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Sen. Paul 2012 March for Life Remarks

WASHINGTON, D.C. – On Monday, Sen. Rand Paul was scheduled to speak at the 2012 March for Life on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., but was improperly detained by the TSA and forced to miss the event. However, after the rally, Sen. Paul hosted a reception welcoming marchers from Kentucky and those across the country. Below are the remarks Sen. Paul would have delivered at the 2012 March for Life.

“The question remains, can a nation long endure or can a civilization long endure that does not respect Life? Our Liberty comes from our Creator and our freedoms depend upon a respect for Life.

In order to protect the unborn from the very moment life begins, I introduced the Life at Conception Act during my first year in the Senate. I have also cosponsored several other pro-life bills including the Life at Conception Act, the Protect Life Act, the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, and the Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act.

I also strongly support a Human Life Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which would confirm in law that an unborn child is a person entitled to the right to life and support legislation that would restrict federal courts from hearing cases involving abortion. State governments must be allowed to implement laws that protect life.

It is the government’s duty to protect life, liberty, and property, but primarily and most importantly, a government must protect life. Today, tragically our nation wavers; our moral compass is adrift. Today, I worry about our nation's future. Together a brighter tomorrow is possible if we join hands to restore our nation's virtue.

To respect life and to listen to the voice of God that lives and breathes and beckons and yearns for our attention. When America remembers and restores her respect for life, when America refinds her moral bearings then we will thrive again, then we will find our way.

I will never give up fighting for the lives of our unborn children. May God bless America.”

DeadheadForPaul
01-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Matt,
Is the March for Life an annual thing?

I can't help but think how big of an opportunity this was for Rand. It was a big opportunity for him to gain nationwide support in the Pro-Life movement and hopefully help propel him in a potential future Presidential run...Will there be an opportunity of equal magnitude in the future for him? Perhaps next year's March for Lie?