PDA

View Full Version : YouTube debate strategy

AggieforPaul
11-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Does anyone else think that if a ton of us submit the exact same question, CNN will take notice and be more likely to air that question?

I would love to ask Ron Paul something along the lines of "Given that Giuliani issued the NY firefighters faulty analog radios, and Romney compared his sons' campaign efforts to actual military service, wouldn't someone such as yourself who achieved the rank of captain in the Air Guard and currently leads the field in military donations be the best choice to be commander in chief of the united states armed forces?"

But I'm afraid that's a little too loaded to get aired. Is there a good question we could all agree on, and then submit together?

justinc.1089
11-11-2007, 04:25 PM
I agree everyone should put videos up with the same question. It increases the chances of it getting aired.

Also we all know the reason for their dumb youtube debates really, it gives them an excuse to choose questions that are either stupid and give one candidate an easy question, or a loaded question to give to another candidate. Then they can just fall back on people on youtube asking the questions and not them if someone calls them out for something like that.

I really didn't quite get the point of your question though, so maybe you need to word it better.

I think we need to come up with two questions, one question for Paul to hopefully give him more talking time, and help him look better by us choosing a good question for him, and secondly a question that is tough for another candidate, I say Romney or Thompson. Huckabee, Giuliani, and McCain are not really threats to Paul like Thompson and Romney are.

I think it would be good to focus on Paul wanting to get rid of the income tax. I mean most Americans will agree with that right? And he hasn't got to talk about it as much as he would like I think.

I have no idea really for a hard question directed to Romney or Thompson though.

fourameuphoria
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Uh, watch the beginning of the Democratic Debate?

"We also won't accept the same question submitted hundreds of times. We won't mention which campaign promoted that, Senator Biden."

justinc.1089
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I didn't see that, but how would they know? I mean lots of people have got to be asking the same questions anyway, like "What about Iraq?" ect....

American
11-11-2007, 04:38 PM
I wouldnt ask questions of Dr. Paul at all since its almost safe to assume most of the questions will be going to the "top tier" I would ask questions that a sound byte answer wont suffice.

Economy
Using media pundits to dictate foreign policy versus the tax payers intelligence services.
The dollar
Since decision making skills would be key as a President how do we know that once they get in office they will change there decision making skills. Kerik, Firefighter radios etc..I cant wait to rail Ghouliani with that one.

AggieforPaul
11-11-2007, 04:50 PM
What about just asking Giuliani about Congress's plans to investigate him over the decade old analog radios that he was told to replace by the 1993 WTC commission that he gave the NY firefighters on 9/11 when the Motorola radios he had ordered (in an exclusive no bid contract) a few weeks earlier died out.

That would have to enrage his supporters, and make them consider an alternative candidate.

Adamsa
11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
You have to ask generic questions, anything with bias won't make it.

Vvick727
11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
How about just plainly asking

(statement saying how much it cost so far, and then...)
How are we going to pay for the Iraq, Afghanistan, and soon Iran War?

MRoCkEd
11-11-2007, 04:57 PM
i just hope the audience isn't stacked with neocons like the last debate
i want to hear Ron have the biggest cheers

AggieforPaul
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
we'll be fine. The last debate was held in north florida, and was put on by Fox News.

Maybe I should film myself in my dorm room wearing all my college apparel with the Texas A&M fight song going on in the background, and ask if the candidates feel that the billions of dollars being used to subsidize Pakistan, Iraq, and Afghanistan could be put to better use making a college education more affordable.

MRoCkEd
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
do it