PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Stone story now on drudge; needs comment help

affa
01-24-2012, 01:38 PM
see title.

top center of http://drudgereport.com/

click through to give drudge hits.

if drudge link goes down the article is at:
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/206057-oliver-stone-would-vote-for-ron-paul-over-president-obama?utm_campaign=briefingroom&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterfeed

Muwahid
01-24-2012, 01:59 PM
His support for Chavez and Castro might further cast Paul into a fringe category. Stuff like this is better for Paul v. Obama rather than Paul v. Romney/Grinch/Sanborum

rprprs
01-24-2012, 02:06 PM
left a brief comment

Jlasoon
01-24-2012, 02:07 PM
This only illustrates the appetite that people have for a politician who makes sense and stands by his principles no matter the political ramifications. How much sense does it make to embargo Cuba? Who's really suffering from such draconian rule? Why do we care? Stone simply cares about the Cuban position. Lets not turn this into anything more.

Ilhaguru
01-24-2012, 02:15 PM
His support for Chavez and Castro might further cast Paul into a fringe category. Stuff like this is better for Paul v. Obama rather than Paul v. Romney/Grinch/Sanborum

His support FROM, not for. . .

I agree with your sentiment though.

affa
01-24-2012, 02:20 PM
the never ending barrage of criticism seeking to undermine and criticize any and all endorsements baffles me.

Oliver Stone just said he'd vote for Ron Paul. That is massive. Get yer heads out the sand and stop belitting every bit of progress we make.

liveandletlive
01-24-2012, 02:20 PM
will not go well with the right wing, Stone's from the "Hate America" crowd, (what they deem as a America hater, i havent followed Stone's antics)

affa
01-24-2012, 02:24 PM
will not go well with the right wing, Stone's from the "Hate America" crowd, (what they deem as a America hater, i havent followed Stone's antics)

so change the narrative. comment. explain why this is a good thing. it draws in independent and even democrats to the republican party.

if Jesus himself rode a sunbeam down and endorsed Ron Paul, some of you would be chopping at the bit to say 'I don't know, his liberal 'turn the other cheek' policy is going to hurt us with the Republican base.
[disclaimer: i'm an atheist]

amonasro
01-24-2012, 02:30 PM

He's directed movies that the right wing loves, like Any Given Sunday and Platoon.

jmdrake
01-24-2012, 02:31 PM
the never ending barrage of criticism seeking to undermine and criticize any and all endorsements baffles me.

Oliver Stone just said he'd vote for Ron Paul. That is massive. Get yer heads out the sand and stop belitting every bit of progress we make.

+rep

libertyvidz
01-24-2012, 02:37 PM
My comment:

The key phrase in the entire article {{Stone said. “There’s no way that we can continue this spending spree. In fact, I think in many ways the most interesting candidate — I’d even vote for him if he was running against Obama — is Ron Paul. Because he’s the only one of anybody who’s saying anything intelligent about the future of the world.”}}

Even a "liberal" like Oliver Stone realizes that spending is out of control. Most Republicans can't rein in spending because they are just as addicted to the "warefare state" as Democrats are to the "welfare state". Ron Paul is the only serious candidate who would make cuts in spending on both sides.

DisabledVet
01-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Filmmaker Oliver Stone, known for his liberal political views, said he would vote for GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul over President Obama should Paul win the Republican nomination.

LINKY (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/206057-oliver-stone-would-vote-for-ron-paul-over-president-obama?utm_campaign=briefingroom&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterfeed)