PDA

View Full Version : POLL--Paul at 7%: Boston Globe/UNH New Hampshire Primary

Bradley in DC
11-11-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.pollster.com/blogs/poll_boston_globeunh_new_hamps.php

Among 404 likely Republican primary voters, former Gov. Mitt Romney leads former Mayor Rudy Giuliani (32% to 20%) in a statewide primary; former Sen. John McCain trails at 17%, Rep. Ron Paul at 7%, former Gov. Mike Huckabee at 5%. All other candidates receive less than five percent each.

blamx8
11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
24% of Democrats have "definitely decided" who to vote for, 28% are leaning and 48% have no idea. 16% of Republicans have definitely decided, 24% are leaning, and 60% have no idea.

I bet that rp voters have a higher % of those "definately decided" individuals than any other candidate. If only 16% of repubs have definately decided I would say that the commitment level of Paul candidates speaks well for us. I wish they would show the percent of definately decided that are for Paul.

Thomas Paine
11-11-2007, 03:29 PM
The poll is only through November 7. I am curious if there is any uptick to Dr. Paul's numbers since then through this weekend. I guess we'll find out in the next poll.

tremendoustie
11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
As I recall, about 40% of RP supporters in the last poll said they had definitely decided, and if you take the fairly typical 6% that he's getting right now, that means about 2.5% of the total are definite RP supporters, or about 15% of the people already committed to a candidate. Of course, you know as well as I how biased an inaccurate these traditional polls can be, and how much of the electorate they can miss (those new to politics, young people, those without land lines, independents, etc.). I think the actual number is probably much higher. Still, 15% isn't shabby.

Primbs
11-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Can we get a large northeast contingent to get to New Hamsphire over thanksgiving for some campaigning?

If we can get Paul into the double digits in the polls that will be another big media story.

When Paul hits double digitsin New Hamsphire, that will be another milestone.

Adamsa
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Regardless of what any poll says, I think NH will be between Romney, McCain and Paul.