PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is My Kinda Guy

kathy88
01-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Nice piece.

http://oldnortheast.patch.com/blog_posts/ron-paul-is-my-kinda-guy

heavenlyboy34
01-24-2012, 11:43 AM
"...The problem is electability. No one, including me, thinks Ron Paul can win the presidency. Nor should he. We do need to take a serious look at the issues Paul raises, but a kneejerk turn in that direction would be impossible to pull off and strangling to even attempt."

Not that nice overall. A little nice hither and thither.

kathy88
01-24-2012, 11:44 AM
"...The problem is electability. No one, including me, thinks Ron Paul can win the presidency. Nor should he. We do need to take a serious look at the issues Paul raises, but a kneejerk turn in that direction would be impossible to pull off and strangling to even attempt."

Not that nice overall. A little nice hither and thither.

Despite that portion, he still encourages the vote. Better than most.

doctorfunk
01-24-2012, 11:52 AM
But to an extent I agree. I drastic and sudden change may hurt the movement. If Ron Paul wins the POTUS, anything that goes wrong will be chained to him whether it's his fault or not. Not to mention that he will still face a lot of resistance from congress that may be held against him (Obama has made terrible decisions, but he is also getting slammed because of congress). In my opinion the best thing to come out of this race would be public awareness. Start getting members of congress elected as soon as possible. Let Obama hold the office for another 4 years and further emphasize the failure of the current policies. Get Rand or similiar elected in 2016 with a congress that supports him so he can get bills pushed through and not have to make poor compromises.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Let's be realistic. Like drastic and sudden change would even be possible. NOTHING in Washington works that fast, nor would it even under a Paul Presidency.

It's the other candidates who promise drastic quick changes like repeal of Obamacare, ect. It is realistic Paul, who said, a repeal is unlikely, the best we can do is make a lot of changes to it.

We really need to work on this other meme that believes Paul would or could pull off any drastic quick change. The best he can do is start cranking the helm back towards the open waters of the Constitution, against a lot of resistance. That is still FAR better then the rest who want to stay the course, full speed ahead, straight for the rocks.

slamhead
01-24-2012, 12:07 PM
But to an extent I agree. I drastic and sudden change may hurt the movement. If Ron Paul wins the POTUS, anything that goes wrong will be chained to him whether it's his fault or not. Not to mention that he will still face a lot of resistance from congress that may be held against him (Obama has made terrible decisions, but he is also getting slammed because of congress). In my opinion the best thing to come out of this race would be public awareness. Start getting members of congress elected as soon as possible. Let Obama hold the office for another 4 years and further emphasize the failure of the current policies. Get Rand or similiar elected in 2016 with a congress that supports him so he can get bills pushed through and not have to make poor compromises.

The resistance will not come from congress to Ron Paul's stance. The resistance will come from the people through Ron Paul and his power of veto.

LEK
01-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Huh?

Obama ran on drastic sudden change - used that to get elected - he lied - and is just more of the same.

Sorry, I do not agree with this man's logic. Conceding to be a voice in the Republican Party is laughable.

THEY HATE RON PAUL...do you really think they will listen to anything he says? They haven't for several decades.
I am quite sure they are very glad he will probably not run for POTUS ever again and mess up their perfect little world.

dfalken
01-24-2012, 01:20 PM
If Paul gets elected we are immediately going into a depression and he is fully aware of it and it actually is the best possible outcome to the mess we are in. Cutting 1 trillion from spending will stop the economy but it will also allow us to finally face the debt problem before the system completely collapses. At this point the best possible outcome we can hope for is a greater depression. I have been studying this and following all markets around the world every single day since 1999 and I am 100% convinced of my stance...let's just hope we can bring that depression on before the complete collapse finds us.