PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad idea?

VRP08
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to advertise the ronpaulforums on you tube. I have been a RP supporter since May but never saw this forum before now. That would get people to hear more about all the donation days and such.

your welcome to ignore this if this is stupid.:D

Indy Vidual
11-11-2007, 03:11 PM
I first saw the url www.ronpaulforums.com in a YouTube video.
IMO, the issue is there are so many Ron Paul videos (made by supporters) you can't really ever watch them all. :)

DeadheadForPaul
11-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Personally, I think it's better to not advertise the forums. Hardcore supporters will find their way here. Political enemies and media will find their way here if we advertise

Wyurm
11-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Its a good AND bad idea. Hope that helps :)

We've discussed this before and the main fact of the matter is that there is a lot of info here and help for those who want to support Dr. Paul. On the other hand, there are occasionally some threads that might prove offensive and turn others away, etc... To be honest, I think this last point is really moot now since the MSM has taken up advertising us in several stories lately. So if you want to, I'd say why not?

Visual
11-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Personally, I think it's better to not advertise the forums. Hardcore supporters will find their way here. Political enemies and media will find their way here if we advertise

Yeah... this is basicly the hub of a hub-and-spoke of the RP grassroots. The information still passes around, and keeps the hub from getting attacked by non-paulites. I'd point them towards facebook or myspace to get ideas out, and dailypaul or ronpaulforpresident2008 for information.

Furis
11-11-2007, 03:29 PM

Seconded.

Primbs
11-11-2007, 03:48 PM
There are many supporters who go to meet up meetings that do not know about Ron Paul forums.

We are still at a point where most people have not heard of Ron Paul.

We are more likely to gain more supporters at this point if we advertise vs. getting negative problems.

We are still underdogs. We need to grow the grassroots at least ten fold to have any chance.

I am sure we will grow that much, the only question is do we benefit more if it is sooner or later. The sooner we get large the better.

We are still struggling in Virginia to get enough signatures for the Virginia ballot. Other campaigns are still trying to signatures as well so all is not lost.

aravoth
11-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I've plugged it before, it's on my youtube page.

VRP08
11-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks for all the responses.

I personally feel that the good of it outweighs the bad. Of course there will be always people who will try to stir up BS but that is what the admins and mods are for, to ban people like this? That would be such a great way to spread the news. And you don't even have to be a member to just browse through and see what/who is being talked about. Sadly, I feel we are wasting a lot of votes and support from not letting it out there more.

Akus
11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
I have another idea and I can't believe it didn't come to me earlier. Does anyone have Ron Paul screensavers and desktops?

Corydoras
11-11-2007, 04:19 PM
I have another idea and I can't believe it didn't come to me earlier. Does anyone have Ron Paul screensavers and desktops?

Quite a few have been posted or linked on this forum, but I'm not sure how to find them. I tried doing a search for them and couldn't get them. There were some just last week or the week before. Sorry...
:confused: