PDA

View Full Version : PPP MN Tweets

pauliticalfan
01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
ppppolls: Minnesota GOP poll tomorrow- good nugget- Mitt is 4th!!! among voters whose minds are totally made up

Very interesting...

KingNothing
01-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Holy Christ! 4th in that bracket?! He's LAST among dedicated supporters!? What happens if (when) he loses Florida, too? I wonder... do we have a very real chance of winning Maine? Placing 2nd in Minnesota? Doing well in Colorado? Seems like it, now.

LiveForHonortune
01-24-2012, 11:16 AM
This makes me happy and scared at the same time. The fact that Santorum is in the top three...

pauliticalfan
01-24-2012, 11:17 AM
This makes me happy and scared at the same time. The fact that Santorum is in the top three...

To be clear, I don't believe Mitt is actually polling fourth. It's just that his support is softer than Newt Gingrich's belly fat.

cdw
01-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Minnesota is such a golden opportunity for Dr. Paul. If he couldn't win there, it's going to be really difficult to win anywhere. Iowa slipped through his fingers, so here's hoping he can pull out Minn.

specsaregood
01-24-2012, 11:20 AM
./

Antwan15
01-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Holy Christ! 4th in that bracket?! He's LAST among dedicated supporters!? What happens if (when) he loses Florida, too? I wonder... do we have a very real chance of winning Maine? Placing 2nd in Minnesota? Doing well in Colorado? Seems like it, now.

In Minnesota, we plan to WIN!!!!

dfalken
01-24-2012, 11:24 AM
I still think ME can be easier as only like 20k (edit: only 5k) people attend the caucus there. North Dakota also seems very doable. Nevada seems challenging to me given that Romney got 50% last time. We'll know more as polls come out but for now I'd like to see Newt beat Romney again to weaken him going into the caucus states where organization is what matters and we know that Romney is much more organized than Newt.

trey4sports
01-24-2012, 11:25 AM
We need to get at least 5 wins in order to be eligible to be nominated on the convention ballot, correct?

Badger Paul
01-24-2012, 11:32 AM
"What happens if (when) he loses Florida, too? "

Katie-bar-the-door then because its human nature to back a winner and walk away from a loser

KingNothing
01-24-2012, 11:33 AM
I can see us taking MN. and I don't think I've said that for any other state so far.

I don't know about MN. Would be nice, though. That's for sure.

It's interesting to think about what happens in this race if Romney becomes marginalized. Really, he is our biggest obstacle. That Newton isn't on every ballot is so insanely damaging to him that it almost makes him a long-shot so long as he faces at least one other significant challenger.

KingNothing
01-24-2012, 11:35 AM
I still think ME can be easier as only like 20k people attend the caucus there. North Dakota also seems very doable. Nevada seems challenging to me given that Romney got 50% last time. We'll know more as polls come out but for now I'd like to see Newt beat Romney again to weaken him going into the caucus states where organization is what matters and we know that Romney is much more organized than Newt.

I feel confident that we'll win ND. I think we can win ME. I don't see us winning Nevada though. My guess is that we'll finish third there. Places like Washington, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Texas will be interesting to watch as the race develops.

rp2012win
01-24-2012, 11:40 AM
I can see us taking MN. and I don't think I've said that for any other state so far.PPP said a few days back gingrich led big there, but since it is caucus anything can happen

Ekrub
01-24-2012, 12:09 PM
There were also some tweets about bachmanns Reelection prospects not looking so good. I'd love to see us be able to throw a liberty candidate in there as a way to say "don't F with us"

RonPaul101.com
01-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Minnesota is such a golden opportunity for Dr. Paul. If he couldn't win there, it's going to be really difficult to win anywhere. Iowa slipped through his fingers, so here's hoping he can pull out Minn.

Iowa was stolen from Paul and given to Santorum, but yes you are right. The focus should be on MN and ME while maintaining some focus on Nevada, and lastly CO. Focus on Open/Semi-Open caucuses first and foremost.

Will Jesse Ventura help bring out the Indy vote in MN?

CaptUSA
01-24-2012, 12:20 PM
There were also some tweets about bachmanns Reelection prospects not looking so good. I'd love to see us be able to throw a liberty candidate in there as a way to say "don't F with us"Or help her save her seat for an endorsement? I don't think she'd help us anywhere else, but I bet there's parts of MN where they still like her.

Student Of Paulism
01-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Will Jesse Ventura help bring out the Indy vote in MN?

Lol...if he does, he will be doing it alone. I really don't think it'd be wise for Ron to be directly associating with him over there and parading around with him side by side. The hardline social conservatives, who know what Jesse is all about are going to be completely turned off. I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but it wouldn't be a positive for Ron right now. You know as well as i do what the MSM will be saying about Ron if he is seen campaigning with Jesse, and they already twist things around with Ron, claiming he has said some of the things that Jesse has. It is attention we just don't really need at this time.

Michael Landon
01-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Temper your expectations on Minnesota, you need to remember Minnesota doesn't ever win anything...just look at the Vikings. :)

Now, if only we could get a photo of Ron Paul in a cheesehead or Green Bay Packers jersey, he'd sweep Wisconsin. Someone in the campaign please do this and post the photo on the net, Wisconsin could be ours!!!

- ML

rb3b3
01-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Temper your expectations on Minnesota, you need to remember Minnesota doesn't ever win anything...just look at the Vikings. :)

Now, if only we could get a photo of Ron Paul in a cheesehead or Green Bay Packers jersey, he'd sweep Wisconsin. Someone in the campaign please do this and post the photo on the net, Wisconsin could be ours!!!

- ML

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew Ryan
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
No.

dfalken
01-24-2012, 01:07 PM
I feel confident that we'll win ND. I think we can win ME. I don't see us winning Nevada though. My guess is that we'll finish third there. Places like Washington, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Texas will be interesting to watch as the race develops.

Those big states scare me, we are polling terribly in Texas..he would have to be leading and have momentum and have gotten past the tipping point to really do well in any of those states. It's either gonna happen in February in the caucus states or it probably won't. And even then the media will come out saying hardly anyone attends those caucuses and thus they are insignificant.

Epic
01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Those big states scare me, we are polling terribly in Texas..he would have to be leading and have momentum and have gotten past the tipping point to really do well in any of those states. It's either gonna happen in February in the caucus states or it probably won't. And even then the media will come out saying hardly anyone attends those caucuses and thus they are insignificant.

However, Perry has dropped out since the PPP texas poll showed Paul in last. Paul might pick up a bunch from Perry.

cdw
01-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Iowa was stolen from Paul and given to Santorum, but yes you are right. The focus should be on MN and ME while maintaining some focus on Nevada, and lastly CO. Focus on Open/Semi-Open caucuses first and foremost.
I agree. The fake religious leaders, at the behest of their masters, coalesced together and convinced their followers to vote for Santorum to prevent Paul from winning a state he should have. And just to make extra sure he lost, votes were counted at a secret location and some went 'missing'. All a bunch of bs.

I still think Ron could have won had he released something about Santorum before hand or came out with ad that appealed directly to seniors. The campaign got complacent once they got the lead there. They've got to do everything they can to seal the deal in these other states and take nothing for granted, especially the religious vote. In fact I'm starting to think that going to those family forums and church events are a waste of time because most of those people vote in the direction of their pastors/fox news tell them to.

No. The way to get to the elderly church-going folk is that you need to sway them with one of the two things they put more stock in than their pastor and friend's opinions - and that's their money (the other being family). Ron's got to tirelessly hammer home in ads and in speeches how their savings, social security and medicare will vanish under all other candidates and that only his plan can save it. That's the only way you get them to support you over what their pastors and fox news think.

DerailingDaTrain
01-24-2012, 01:25 PM
How did he do in MN last time? I'm not sure if he was still in the race at that point...sorry I'm a n00b.

truthdivides
01-24-2012, 01:32 PM
How did he do in MN last time? I'm not sure if he was still in the race at that point...sorry I'm a n00b.

He got 15 or 16%. I think Romney, Huckabee, and McCain were the only ones left besides Paul at that point. Very similar situation to this time. Hopefully our numbers will be higher than last time.

tsetsefly
01-24-2012, 01:33 PM
I am not sure if it is better for the Grinch to win FL or for Romney, Romney is not getting out of this race so I have a hard time envisioning a Newt vs Paul which we could and say probably win.

thesnake742
01-24-2012, 01:33 PM
I;m telling you guys, Ron Paul will WIN minnesota.

rb3b3
01-24-2012, 01:35 PM
I;m telling you guys, Ron Paul will WIN minnesota.

how can you be so sure of this?? i hope and pray ron paul wins the ENTIRE THING!!!!!!!!!!

truthdivides
01-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Don't let people get you over excited for Minnesota. Things look good in certain areas of our state, but we are by no means a lock for a win. I'm interested to see the PPP poll of Minnesota tomorrow. We got 15 or 16% of the straw vote at the caucus last time around.

Created4
01-24-2012, 01:50 PM
I still think ME can be easier as only like 20k (edit: only 5k) people attend the caucus there. North Dakota also seems very doable. Nevada seems challenging to me given that Romney got 50% last time. We'll know more as polls come out but for now I'd like to see Newt beat Romney again to weaken him going into the caucus states where organization is what matters and we know that Romney is much more organized than Newt.

There is a very strong grassroots movement in Maine on local food sovereignty, which is now being challenged in the courts. This is a very active and vocal group in Maine we need to tap into:

http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/food-sovereignty-law-passed-in-small-maine-town-to-allow-sale-of-locally-produced-food-without-interference-of-regulators/

Shane Harris
01-24-2012, 01:51 PM

- ML

As a Pittsburgh native and Steelers fan I disapprove lol. Plus thats just pandering like everyone else. I suppose then he could have a terrible towel in Pittsburgh (although he actually is from Pittsburgh so that would make more sense) I hope he plays up the hometown advantage when campaigning in PA later in the Spring.

01-24-2012, 01:59 PM

You have to keep in mind that ME is the Boston media market. Everyone there knows Romney from his time as MA governor and he had a very strong finish last time. Ron only took Aroostook county which is very low population, it probably only took 100 votes to win it. It'll be all the same challenges as NH.

Mark37snj
01-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Well were closing in on Santorum in Florida.

Poll................................Date.......... ...........Sample.......MoE.......Gingrich.......R omney.......Santorum.......Paul.......Spread
RCP Average...............1/22 - 1/23................................................ 37.7...........30.3............11.7...........10.3 .......Gingrich +7.4
PPP (D) 1/22...............1/23.........................921 LV.........3.2..........38..............33........ ......13..............10..........Gingrich +5
Rasmussen Reports.......1/22 - 1/22...............750 LV.........4.0...........41..............32....... .......11...............8..........Gingrich +9
Insider Advantage........1/22 - 1/22................557 LV........4.0...........34..............26........ ......11..............13..........Gingrich +8

ZanZibar
01-24-2012, 02:37 PM
I;m telling you guys, Ron Paul will WIN minnesota.Probably not the straw poll, but very possibly the delegates

bluesc
01-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Probably not the straw poll, but very possibly the delegates

You said that about Nevada too. Is Ron actually going to win the vote in any states? I thought you needed to win at least 5 states to be eligible to win the nomination.

rpwi
01-24-2012, 03:17 PM

- MLLot's of politicians do this type of thing (Packers/Cheese references)...IMO it doesn't work. Would love to see (in the far off future when Wisconsin actually has a primary) Ron Paul make a huge emphasis on TARP (16 year Senator Russ Feingold lost his job here over this issue in 2010 to Ron Johnson...it's VERY POWERFUL and Newt/Mitt are on Record as to having supported the bailouts). Also with Wisconsin being an open primary and being a bit more dovish than other states (well more so than SC anyways), Ron painting Mitt/Newt as reckless politicians who'll get us into another war can gain traction IMO.

Unfortunately Wisconsin is winner-take-all :(:(

Ray
01-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Just make sure you wait until after the MN caucuses (2/7) before you photoshop that cheesehead picture!

ZanZibar
01-24-2012, 08:10 PM
You said that about Nevada too. Is Ron actually going to win the vote in any states? I thought you needed to win at least 5 states to be eligible to win the nomination.You don't understand how that works. The straw polls mean essentially NOTHING. The only thing that matters in caucus states are how many delegates you get elected.

And it is mathmatically possible for RP to win the nomination without winning a single state.

dfalken
01-24-2012, 08:36 PM
You have to keep in mind that ME is the Boston media market. Everyone there knows Romney from his time as MA governor and he had a very strong finish last time. Ron only took Aroostook county which is very low population, it probably only took 100 votes to win it. It'll be all the same challenges as NH.

You are totally right but last time only 5k people caucused so if we are organized how hard can it be to get 2500 people to caucus for the Dr? We could get 2500 volunteers out there to find a single ME resident each and drag them to the polls by the hand.

RonRules
01-24-2012, 08:43 PM
MN had 25% for Ross Perot. They think different!

cilution
01-24-2012, 08:56 PM
In my area of MN we have 13 precinct captains out of 31 precincts... Not great.

Michael Landon
01-24-2012, 09:11 PM
In my area of MN we have 13 precinct captains out of 31 precincts... Not great.

What area are you in?

- ML

cilution
01-24-2012, 09:16 PM
NW Minneapolis suburb

jkob
01-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Lot's of politicians do this type of thing (Packers/Cheese references)...IMO it doesn't work. Would love to see (in the far off future when Wisconsin actually has a primary) Ron Paul make a huge emphasis on TARP (16 year Senator Russ Feingold lost his job here over this issue in 2010 to Ron Johnson...it's VERY POWERFUL and Newt/Mitt are on Record as to having supported the bailouts). Also with Wisconsin being an open primary and being a bit more dovish than other states (well more so than SC anyways), Ron painting Mitt/Newt as reckless politicians who'll get us into another war can gain traction IMO.

Unfortunately Wisconsin is winner-take-all :(:(

Dangerous territory to tread if you don't actually know what you're talking about. I remember John Kerry getting flack for calling Lambeau "Lambert Field". Kerry narrowly carried Wisconsin but I think that contributed to his "out of touch" public persona.

Ron is supposedly a Packer fan tho. At least that is what Paul Ryan said at CPAC. :D

stillhere
01-24-2012, 09:37 PM
You don't understand how that works. The straw polls mean essentially NOTHING. The only thing that matters in caucus states are how many delegates you get elected.

And it is mathmatically possible for RP to win the nomination without winning a single state.

That will never happen. EVER. If you win zero states...you will not win the nomination PERIOD.

ZanZibar
01-24-2012, 09:47 PM
That will never happen. EVER. If you win zero states...you will not win the nomination PERIOD.You obviously don't understand the delegate process.... or how to count.

Austin
01-24-2012, 09:59 PM
You obviously don't understand the delegate process.... or how to count.

He's right. Unless there is a brokered convention, it is impossible to get the 1212 delegates without winning a state.

01-24-2012, 10:19 PM

It might be mathematically possible but the odds of it happening are astronomical. If you are encouraging people to believe that you're selling them a bill of goods.

ZanZibar
01-24-2012, 10:37 PM
It might be mathematically possible but the odds of it happening are astronomical. If you are encouraging people to believe that you're selling them a bill of goods.
He's right. Unless there is a brokered convention, it is impossible to get the 1212 delegates without winning a state.

Let me explain this... winning the caucus straw poll is NOT the same as winning the delegates! It's possible Ron Paul could take all, or even the majority of delegates, in many or most or all of the caucus states!

01-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Let me explain this... winning the caucus straw poll is NOT the same as winning the delegates! It's possible Ron Paul could take all, or even the majority of delegates, in many or most or all of the caucus states!

I fully understand the delegate process. Postulating that Ron could take the GOP nomination without winning a single state may be mathematically possible but statistically the chances of that happening are just about nil.

turbobrain9
01-24-2012, 10:53 PM
MN 2008 Results:

Romney: 41%
McCain: 22%
Huckabee: 20%
Paul: 16%

Paul took 4 very small counties.

Romney won based on his large vote in Hennepin County in 7,200 votes there. Ramsey 2,100 and Dakota 2,500 also large for Romney. So in those 3 counties alone Romney gets 11,800 votes. His total vote was 25,990. Romney is likely to hold those margins as he has in Iowa. How is Ron going to pull this off with Santorum and Newt in the race??

James Madison
01-24-2012, 10:55 PM
MN 2008 Results:

Romney: 41%
McCain: 22%
Huckabee: 20%
Paul: 16%

Paul took 4 very small counties.

Romney won based on his large vote in Hennepin County in 7,200 votes there. Ramsey and Dakota counties were also large for Romney.

Any reason why?

deputydon
01-24-2012, 11:00 PM
It really just comes down to the college kids voting in MN. They need to get out and vote and Paul will take MN easily.

dfalken
01-24-2012, 11:03 PM
However, Perry has dropped out since the PPP texas poll showed Paul in last. Paul might pick up a bunch from Perry.
Sorry to burst your bubble but he won't. Perry voters will gravitate toward the three war mongering stooges.

SovereignMN
01-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Romney's support in 2008 was very soft. Lots of people showed up to vote for him as a protest candidate against the liberal John McCain. Huckabee was already running out of steam at that point and Ron Paul was still regarded as "crazy". Many Romney voters left before the delegates were elected and as a result Paul was able to get 5 of the 6 delegates to the national convention from the Hennipen and Ramsey County dominated CD's (CD4 and CD5). Paul even got 1 of the 3 in CD6 which was Bachmann's district, despite finishing in 4th place there.

If we are better organized this time around and have a solid 25% of the vote we can win a majority of the delegates, at least at the CD conventions.

Michael Landon
01-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Romney's support in 2008 was very soft. Lots of people showed up to vote for him as a protest candidate against the liberal John McCain. Huckabee was already running out of steam at that point and Ron Paul was still regarded as "crazy". Many Romney voters left before the delegates were elected and as a result Paul was able to get 5 of the 6 delegates to the national convention from the Hennipen and Ramsey County dominated CD's (CD4 and CD5). Paul even got 1 of the 3 in CD6 which was Bachmann's district, despite finishing in 4th place there.

If we are better organized this time around and have a solid 25% of the vote we can win a majority of the delegates, at least at the CD conventions.

CD8 is where we had problems in 08. It's hard to organize such a large area, basically it's about 1/4 of the state that belongs to CD8. At the CD8 convention, we were a very small minority and because of that, they passed a resolution requiring for us to state who we supported in our speeches, and they also have a "delegate committee" where you have to state your case in front of 10 committee members just to be considered for a chance to become a National Delegate. I know we have a far bigger presence of Ron Paul supporters in the southern part of Minnesota so I'm hoping we can take most of that area.

- ML

turbobrain9
01-25-2012, 12:05 AM
CD8 is where we had problems in 08. It's hard to organize such a large area, basically it's about 1/4 of the state that belongs to CD8. At the CD8 convention, we were a very small minority and because of that, they passed a resolution requiring for us to state who we supported in our speeches, and they also have a "delegate committee" where you have to state your case in front of 10 committee members just to be considered for a chance to become a National Delegate. I know we have a far bigger presence of Ron Paul supporters in the southern part of Minnesota so I'm hoping we can take most of that area.

- ML

What the hell? What a crappy process? Basically the people in power get to pick the delegates?? So you have to have people on the committee?

truthdivides
01-25-2012, 12:08 AM
What the hell? What a crappy process? Basically the people in power get to pick the delegates?? So you have to have people on the committee?

Yeah, it gets really dirty at the CD and state conventions. We are better prepared this time around.

Austin
01-25-2012, 12:38 AM

I know that. I also know that there are only around 500 unbound delegates, of which at least 150 are RNC/State Party Members. Meaning even if we secure every single unbound delegate outside of the superdelegates, we're only looking at around 350 delegates of the 1212 needed to get the nomination.

BigByrd47119
01-25-2012, 12:41 AM
I know that. I also know that there are only around 500 unbound delegates, of which at least 150 are RNC/State Party Members. Meaning even if we secure every single unbound delegate outside of the superdelegates, we're only looking at around 350 delegates of the 1212 needed to get the nomination.

Unbound delegates are only the metaphorical "icing on the cake."

muh_roads
01-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Hennepin County represents the Minneapolis metro area which is why it is so large. Trying to appeal to independents and democrats could be a wise move. The only republicans that exist here are mostly status quo neocon supporters. I am not sure if the winds have changed here or not. Romney in 4th is very surprising. Gingrich and Santorum might be doing well in counties that do not include the large cities.

The large cities are Minneapolis, St. Paul, Rochester, Mankato, Duluth, St Cloud.

St Cloud is CD6. Bachmann territory but 3 for 3 national delegates went to Ron Paul in 2008 here. CD5 is close by and 2 out of 3 went to RP. Only 1 went to McCain from there.

Like I keep mentioning. If you want to take out Bachmann and put in one of our people, the probability of knocking her all the way back to her husband's "pray the gay away" business is achievable. Tons of RP support in that area.

turbobrain9
01-25-2012, 01:03 AM
It seems like a political system designed to protect the establishment members. Which makes sense if you are worried about random people getting into the system, like so a popular democrat who decided to switch parties or something...and he had the "popular" support. But having people at the conventions state who they prefer or support is not right to me.

turbobrain9
01-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Hennepin County represents the Minneapolis metro area which is why it is so large. Trying to appeal to independents and democrats could be a wise move. The only republicans that exist here are mostly status quo neocon supporters. I am not sure if the winds have changed here or not. Romney in 4th is very surprising. Gingrich and Santorum might be doing well in counties that do not include the large cities.

The large cities are Minneapolis, St. Paul, Rochester, Mankato, Duluth, St Cloud.

St Cloud is CD6. Bachmann territory but 3 for 3 national delegates went to Ron Paul in 2008 here. CD5 is close by and 2 out of 3 went to RP. Only 1 went to McCain from there.

Like I keep mentioning. If you want to take out Bachmann and put in one of our people, the probability of knocking her all the way back to her husband's "pray the gay away" business is achievable. Tons of RP support in that area.

Ron has to concentrate on the large cities too. Romney almost always wins in those areas...

Austin
01-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Unbound delegates are only the metaphorical "icing on the cake."

They're also the only chance we have to win the nomination if we don't win any states, aside from the few proportionally allocated delegates.

We have to win states to get the nomination, period. Numbers don't lie.

stillhere
01-25-2012, 04:20 AM

Yes, I do. And what you are saying is that you can win the Super Bowl 8 to 7 by scoring safeties only. It is possible, but the odds are 1 in a million.

Tell me, since the GOP has gone to the current primary process (of all states holding a primary) how many candidates have won the nomination or even come close to winning the nomination without winning a single state?

Mitch Daniels has a better chance to become the nominee at a brokered convention than someone not winning a single state in a primary.

stillhere
01-25-2012, 04:26 AM

Thank you. And even with proportional delegates + unbounded delegates + freed delegates, you aren't going to get to 1212 without winning a state. We must win states and we can.

ZanZibar
01-25-2012, 11:33 AM
At the CD8 convention, we were a very small minority and because of that, they passed a resolution requiring for us to state who we supported in our speeches, and they also have a "delegate committee" where you have to state your case in front of 10 committee members just to be considered for a chance to become a National Delegate. Do you have a link to this? :confused: