PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Newt To Pull Out If Audience Can't Cheer!

No Free Beer
01-24-2012, 10:07 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OKAY, BYE NEWT

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/24/gingrich-says-he-will-skip-debates-if-audiences-cant-participate/?smid=tw-thecaucus&seid=auto

what a stupid bluff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

thoughtomator
01-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Someone ought to call his bluff.

Newt can't compete if he can't use mind control techniques.

hillertexas
01-24-2012, 10:09 AM
It was so funny how Newt was neutered last night (cause he couldn't attack anyone). I guess he noticed it too. What a baby. I hope they silence the audience at the next debate. Or have a debate with no audience. What would Newton do? No "pause for applause" with arms outstretched?

phill4paul
01-24-2012, 10:11 AM
In what has become a standard line of attack for his anti-establishment campaign,

WTF? LOLZ.

A. Havnes
That guy has such a huge ego. He needs people to sing his praises or he's not in it? Ron Paul was a lone voter and endured criticism for years before the chants of "End the Fed!" started. Gingrich is a horrible man, and I don't call people horrible lightly.

No Free Beer
HAHAHAH NEWT IS "THE SPANIARD"

LOL

01-24-2012, 10:12 AM
His whole game is attacking the moderators for applause. He has no substance.

camp_steveo
Paul was cheered 3 times last night. The media ignores him.

sailingaway
What a narcissist.

LiveForHonortune
He's just upset that the only time they did it last night was for Paul.

pauliticalfan
01-24-2012, 10:15 AM
What a puss.

How does he expect to debate in the general election, then? They never allow cheering during those debates. This guy is such a farce. His whole campaign is based off of debates, but when he has to actually provide answers without a rabid crowd of Silver Assholes, he can't do it. Pathetic.

Edward
01-24-2012, 10:16 AM
It was so funny how Newt was neutered last night (cause he couldn't attack anyone). I guess he noticed it too. What a baby. I hope they silence the audience at the next debate. Or have a debate with no audience. What would Newton do? No "pause for applause" with arms outstretched?

This is a good observation. Ann Coulter noted something very similar last night (http://www.billoreilly.com/show?action=viewTVShow&showID=3050#3), stating that Newt "sucks up" to whatever audience he has in front of him.

Liberty74
01-24-2012, 10:18 AM
That's because Newton Leroy is all show and no substance.

A. Havnes
01-24-2012, 10:21 AM
In an interview with the morning show “Fox and Friends,” Mr. Gingrich said NBC’s rules amounted to stifling free speech. In what has become a standard line of attack for his anti-establishment campaign, Mr. Gingrich blamed the media for trying to silence a dissenting point of view.

“I wish in retrospect I’d protested when Brian Williams took them out of it because I think it’s wrong,” Mr. Gingrich said. “And I think he took them out of it because the media is terrified that the audience is going to side with the candidates against the media, which is what they’ve done in every debate.”

Yeah, it was done to silence Dr. Paul, Mr. Grinch. He's trying way too hard to look like the underdog by attacking the media, yet the media has been particularly favorable towards him.

Mr. Gingrich soared to victory in the South Carolina last week after back-to-back debates in which he took on the moderators with as much zeal as he took on his rivals for the Republican presidential nomination. The audiences, which were far larger and encouraged to participate, cheered him on as he pushed back. First he lashed out at Juan Williams of Fox News for suggesting that Mr. Gingrich’s comments about blacks and welfare were offensive. Then he snapped at John King of CNN for opening the debate with a question about accusations that he had asked an ex-wife for an “open marriage.”

Mr. Gingrich’s performance in the debate in Tampa on Monday night was far more muted. Critics noted that he seemed to be off his game. The National Journal, which co-hosted the NBC debate, compared Gingrich to “a stand-up comedian whose routine suffers without echoes of laughter egging him on.”

Mr. Gingrich clearly noticed something was off, too. “We’re going to serve notice on future debates,” he told Fox. “The media doesn’t control free speech. People ought to be allowed to applaud if they want to.”

This isn't about free speech, it's about being able to bask in the glory of applause whilst you spew crap without substance out of your mouth, Mr. Grinch.

Notice that the crowd did applaud a candidate, but it sure as heck wasn't him.

1000-points-of-fright
01-24-2012, 10:22 AM
He's a sitcom that needs a laugh track for the jokes to work.

Newt = 2 1/2 Men
Ron = 30 Rock

jkr
01-24-2012, 10:23 AM
what will it do if we boo?

kathy88
01-24-2012, 10:25 AM
What a puss.

How does he expect to debate in the general election, then? They never allow cheering during those debates. This guy is such a farce. His whole campaign is based off of debates, but when he has to actually provide answers without a rabid crowd of Silver Assholes, he can't do it. Pathetic.

THIS!!!

RickyJ
01-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Here's a plan, no audience other than the TV audience, no moderators, and equal time for all 4 remaining candidates. Let them duke it out saying what they want to say and only allow the mike to come on when it is their time to speak and go off when their time is up. Ron Paul would win such a debate hands down.

Bern
01-24-2012, 10:26 AM
lulz

dfalken
01-24-2012, 10:28 AM
What an arrogant fat turd. He truly is like a comedian, he feels like an idiot if he doesn't get his ego stroked by the crowd. This is what a lack of substance can do to people.

bluesc
01-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Wait.... The platform of his entire campaign is "I can out-debate Obama!!!" but the audience at the Presidential debates are almost always completely silent. Someone should ask him about that.

LiveForHonortune
01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
He's a sitcom that needs a laugh track for the jokes to work.

Newt = 2 1/2 Men
Ron = 30 Rock

30 Rock called Stossel the worst, screw them.

cdw
01-24-2012, 10:30 AM
This pompous ass is approaching Herman Cain levels of annoyance. I hope Romney calls him out as a chicken for wanting to skip debates that don't pump up his ego. Debates aren't the circus. If you have to depend on crowds to win an argument, you are not worthy of attention to begin with.

dfalken
01-24-2012, 10:31 AM
I really hope this turd can hold it together long enough to win Florida and give Romney another good punch but I am not confident he can. The fact that he can't see his p#n%s past his lard makes his egotistical addiction overpower his brain and mouth to the point where he can't control himself. Please let him survive until Florida's election day before self-destructing!

specsaregood
01-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Here's a plan, no audience other the the TV audience, no moderators, and equal time for all 4 remaining candidates. Let them duke it out saying what they want to say and only allow the mike to come on when it is their time to speak and go off when their time is up. Ron Paul would win such a debate hands down.

I'd prefer a debate where they all were in soundproof booths and can only hear the moderators over headsets. They would have no idea what the other candidates were saying. they wouldn't know if the other candidates were answering the same questions, how they were answering them OR even if they were attacking them in their responses.

Dianne
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
That would be fabulous !! The news media will probably cave though; and let "Spanky" have his way.

TakeThePowerBack
01-24-2012, 10:38 AM
That would be fabulous !! The news media will probably cave though; and let "Spanky" have his way.

lol "spanky"

01-24-2012, 10:40 AM
I think all Ron Paul supporters could agree to remain silent at debates if that was the rule just to shut down Newt.

ILUVRP
01-24-2012, 10:40 AM
when newt is asked a tough question he blames the press.

when mitt is asked a tough question he blames obama.

Ron Paul answers the questions , what few he gets.

CaptUSA
01-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Wait.... The platform of his entire campaign is "I can out-debate Obama!!!" but the audience at the Presidential debates are almost always completely silent. Someone should ask him about that.This is a great point and one that will be asked very soon. Since Gingrich can't debate without an audience to back him up, how will he ever be able to debate Obama?

And since this is the sole reason why he expects to win the nomination, I guess there's nothing left. You just know Romney will pick up on this.

LiveForHonortune
01-24-2012, 10:47 AM
when newt is asked a tough question he blames the press.

when mitt is asked a tough question he blames obama.

Ron Paul answers the questions , what few he gets.

Really? I thought Romney would ask the constitution expert guy. Ya know, that guy that the camera fails to capture like he's a vampire or something.

dfalken
01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
What an idiot this marshmallow man is, all he had to do is keep his mouth shut for a week and he could have won another state (not much of a chance after that anyway) but now his ego is making his lips flap and he is about to self-implode...yet again.

bluesc
01-24-2012, 10:49 AM
This is a great point and one that will be asked very soon. Since Gingrich can't debate without an audience to back him up, how will he ever be able to debate Obama?

And since this is the sole reason why he expects to win the nomination, I guess there's nothing left. You just know Romney will pick up on this.

Ron should jump on it ASAP. One of the main reasons people support Newt is because he apparently can "out-debate Obama". This would be a good line to throw out there.

pauliticalfan
01-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Just like with his marriages, when Newt doesn't get his way, he pulls out.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-24-2012, 10:52 AM
I hate his fake smile.

Bruno
01-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Ron should jump on it ASAP. One of the main reasons people support Newt is because he apparently can "out-debate Obama". This would be a good line to throw out there.

Agreed. First one to jump on that will make good press! Maybe Jesse could issue a statement on it. :)

CaptUSA
01-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Ron should jump on it ASAP. One of the main reasons people support Newt is because he apparently can "out-debate Obama". This would be a good line to throw out there.Looks like Drudge is already questioning this aspect.

CaptUSA
01-24-2012, 10:55 AM
And WAPO http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/newt-requires-cheers-thatll-be-problematic-in-the-general-election/2012/01/24/gIQA0JyINQ_blog.htm

Bruno
01-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Someone tell Newt, (or Fox, for that matter, for they didn't corret him) that Fox at the very first debate didn't allow audience applause in Ames. We were told not to cheer, did so anyway for Ron, and were scolded by Bret Baier during the commercial breaks. This wasn't the first debate where audience participation was limited.

Edit: Glad to see drudge has already made that point. :)

CaptUSA
01-24-2012, 10:59 AM
I predict this will turn out like the Trump debate...

Newt will come crawling back with his slimy tail between his legs.

angrydragon
01-24-2012, 11:01 AM
lol, what a loser. How does it feel to have spent that 5 or 10 million dollars spent now?

Muwahid
01-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Fox n friends claim the crowds are his fan? They applauded for Paul like twice, n never for anyone else.

Bern
01-24-2012, 11:04 AM
A showman is nothing without his peanut gallery. The "great debater" is afraid of a serious debate. Emporer; no clothes.

Bruno
01-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Fox n friends claim the crowds are his fan? They applauded for Paul like twice, n never for anyone else.

By admitting that, they would be admitting that Ron Paul exists, which is not allowed under contract.

LiveForHonortune
01-24-2012, 11:05 AM

It makes it sound better, actually. Anyone who watched the debate can say even Gingrich's "fans" support RP over him.

V3n
01-24-2012, 11:10 AM
http://i.qkme.me/35smjb.jpg

Matthew Zak
01-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Now that is pure narcissism.

wgadget
01-24-2012, 11:14 AM
So according to Swingrich, both he and Obama need crutches...Obama needs a teleprompter and Swingrich needs an audience.

Wow. Two losers in my book.

Cody1
01-24-2012, 11:17 AM
A showman is nothing without his peanut gallery. The "great debater" is afraid of a serious debate. Emporer; no clothes.

Posted your comment on the WaPo article, ;p

dfalken
01-24-2012, 11:26 AM
So according to Swingrich, both he and Obama need crutches...Obama needs a teleprompter and Swingrich needs an audience.

Both of these things are needed when you stand for nothing and have no moral convictions...one to stroke your ego and the other to remind you of the long list of lies you have to track.

blabam
01-24-2012, 11:28 AM
He's such a "man of the people".

pauliticalfan
01-24-2012, 11:31 AM

Haha, this! What a hypocrite he is.

Obama would slaughter him in a debate. "I didn't bring my teleprompter, and I'm glad to see you didn't bring your audience either."

Xenliad
01-24-2012, 11:37 AM
What would Newton do? No "pause for applause" with arms outstretched?

That always reminds me of this
http://youtu.be/MYK6sTNhVL8

http://youtu.be/MYK6sTNhVL8

affa
01-24-2012, 11:46 AM
the petulant little [army] brat is being petulant? color me surprised.

SWATH
01-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Translation: I will not participate unless there is a stacked audience designed to make me appear much more appealing than I otherwise would.

Brian4Liberty
01-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Fox n friends claim the crowds are his fan?

Translation: I will not participate unless there is a stacked audience designed to make me appear much more appealing than I otherwise would.

Newt: I will only debate with an audience of MY supporters!

r3volution
01-24-2012, 11:59 AM
but guys , newt said the fed needs audited and gold commission . i thought we were suppose to like him now .

mconder
01-24-2012, 12:07 PM
It's interesting how they put the kid gloves on with Newt, but not Ron Paul.

Ssd
01-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Presidential debates SHOULDN'T have an audience. Maybe back in the day when few would ever get their hands on a transcript, a live audience was needed but now debates are televised worldwide. All an audience ever does is get in the way with their reactions. It begins to look a lot like American Idol. A debate with all four candidates and one moderator is the only way to go. This way, the debaters aren't so keen to pander to the crowd and actually participate in meaningful discussion. Its A LOT more boring but its better than what happened in SC on Fox News where Paul was booed for taking a perfectly legitimate stand on foreign policy.

Xenophage
01-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Newt is a fat asshole. I am daydreaming about ways to covertly hit him in the crotch at a rally.

Dianne
01-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Someone tell Newt, (or Fox, for that matter, for they didn't corret him) that Fox at the very first debate didn't allow audience applause in Ames. We were told not to cheer, did so anyway for Ron, and were scolded by Bret Baier during the commercial breaks. This wasn't the first debate where audience participation was limited.

Edit: Glad to see drudge has already made that point. :)

But King Chicken Hawk wants everything his way now. And when "Spanky" issues a decree; he expects the world to bow at his fat feet.

Sarge
01-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Ron needs a PR saying, Quit your moaning Newt. I only got 6 minutes and 3 minutes of that was for applause. :)

Xenophage
01-24-2012, 12:21 PM
but guys , newt said the fed needs audited and gold commission . i thought we were suppose to like him now .

That's what he wants. His political maneuvering is plain for us to see, however, which makes me think that regarding Ron Paul supporters he hasn't got a clue. He isn't used to a significant demographic that he can't manipulate to his personal political advantage in the same old ways. Newt thinks he's found another young victim to rape, but this time he's like an old man fumbling around in the dark and he can't seem to locate our bra strap.

Hmm... my metaphors and analogies are very weird today...

Dianne
01-24-2012, 12:26 PM
CNN has announced applauding will be allowed on Thursday's debate. CNN over the past few weeks has definitely been in the Gingrich camp, and will probably have the audience filled with Grinch hired clappers.

hillertexas
01-24-2012, 12:29 PM
I like this comment on the national review article:

I'm agnostic on Gingrich as nominee, but I hope his debate prowess and confidence isn't entirely dependent on crowd accolades like some pro wrestler.

And an update from the article:
UPDATE: I called up the Commission on Presidential Debates, which handles the general election debates, and they confirmed that audience participation has not been allowed in the past in debates, and will not be allowed this cycle either. So, if Gingrich is the GOP nominee, he’ll have to face a silent audience during his debates with the President unless the rules are changed.

UPDATE II: Asked if the Gingrich campaign would ask the Commission to change the rule requiring the audience to be silent if Gingrich became the nominee, Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond e-mails NRO, “Yes, we would. If we have learned one thing it is [that] people, not the media-moderators, pick the winner.”

What is he thinking?

rpwi
01-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Presidential debates SHOULDN'T have an audience. Maybe back in the day when few would ever get their hands on a transcript, a live audience was needed but now debates are televised worldwide. All an audience ever does is get in the way with their reactions. It begins to look a lot like American Idol. A debate with all four candidates and one moderator is the only way to go. This way, the debaters aren't so keen to pander to the crowd and actually participate in meaningful discussion. Its A LOT more boring but its better than what happened in SC on Fox News where Paul was booed for taking a perfectly legitimate stand on foreign policy.Exactly!

seapilot
01-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Newt should quit now and get work as a ringmaster of a circus. It would be a great job for him, making people forget about the smell of elephant crap in a tent while talking up all the attractions they are about to see.

http://www.freewebs.com/scottishmusichallsociety/NormanBarrett%20ZipposRingmaster%202007.JPG

Brian4Liberty
01-24-2012, 12:34 PM
CNN has announced applauding will be allowed on Thursday's debate. CNN over the past few weeks has definitely been in the Gingrich camp, and will probably have the audience filled with Grinch hired clappers.

What Newt wants, Newt gets.

The man behind Newt Gingrich:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/06/30/080630fa_fact_bruck?currentPage=all

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354368-The-man-behind-Newt-Gingrich

amonasro
01-24-2012, 12:37 PM
More and more, Newt reminds me of Shakespeare's Falstaff character. A fat, deceitful, egocentric, sexually leering cowardly knight.

Maybe Ron Paul can be his King Henry.

unknown
01-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Newt isnt strong enough to stand on his arguments, especially considering the fact that all he does is lie.

He knows damn well the perception of the audience propelled him in SC.

As according to a SC forum member, coordinated buses full of people were arriving.

Okie RP fan
01-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Newt knows his performances rely on arrogant one liners and intended pauses that result in crowd stimulus.

Newt is a joke, and how he debates needs to be exposed.

Catch words such as "Reagan" and "Islamic terrorists" will rile up any crowd of brainwashed "conservatives" and plants.

Indiana4Paul
01-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Newt should quit now and get work as a ringmaster of a circus. It would be a great job for him, making people forget about the smell of elephant crap in a tent while talking up all the attractions they are about to see.

http://www.freewebs.com/scottishmusichallsociety/NormanBarrett%20ZipposRingmaster%202007.JPG

Right on the money and hilarious. This is Newt Gingrich.

The man stood one podium away from a guy who claimed he led the revolt against Gingrich in the House and claimed he "stepped-down".

The man stood on stage and in the same answer admitted to lobbying while complaining about being called a Lobbyist. He admitted to hiring a legal expert to come in and explain to his firm exactly where the line is between citizen activism and being a paid lobbyist.

It really is remarkable how he's gotten this far.

Indy Vidual
01-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Newt cannot afford to pull out, his sugar daddy might write another $5 Million Dollar check.

unknown
01-24-2012, 12:49 PM

Is it really about being pro-Newt? Their hate for Ron Paul is seething.

moostraks
01-24-2012, 12:58 PM
That's what he wants. His political maneuvering is plain for us to see, however, which makes me think that regarding Ron Paul supporters he hasn't got a clue. He isn't used to a significant demographic that he can't manipulate to his personal political advantage in the same old ways. Newt thinks he's found another young victim to rape, but this time he's like an old man fumbling around in the dark and he can't seem to locate our bra strap.

Hmm... my metaphors and analogies are very weird today...

lol...pretty true though!

otherone
01-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I predict this will turn out like the Trump debate...

Newt will come crawling back with his slimy tail between his legs.

Callista?

fatjohn
01-24-2012, 01:02 PM
waw he´s so principled

unknown
01-24-2012, 01:02 PM

Lets call and email CNN? Tell them to take a cue from was it NBC, and disallow any audience participation as it does nothing but serve as a distraction.

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/

Should probably do it under CNN TV, comments questions.

Suppose we could call in but they get mad when you dont have a news tip 404.827.1500.

Teenager For Ron Paul
01-24-2012, 01:03 PM
WTF? LOLZ.
this.

slamhead
01-24-2012, 01:09 PM
I say Newt is due for some blowback. I say Ron Paul supporters boo the hell out of him at every turn. Then he will be begging the audience to be silenced.

unknown
01-24-2012, 01:11 PM
We should also get the Romney people in on trying to silence the audience, it benefits them as well.

Gonna go post this on Romney's page and CNN's.

Bern
01-24-2012, 01:25 PM
I say Newt is due for some blowback. I say Ron Paul supporters boo the hell out of him at every turn. Then he will be begging the audience to be silenced.

Booing would be counterproductive. Laughing would be #winning

matt0611
01-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Newt is nothing without a stacked audience cheering his red meat one-liners. That is the achilles heel of Newt. Deny him this and he's gone. Everyone knows this.

NY-Dano
01-24-2012, 01:41 PM
This isn't about free speech, it's about being able to bask in the glory of applause whilst you spew crap without substance out of your mouth, Mr. Grinch.

Notice that the crowd did applaud a candidate, but it sure as heck wasn't him.

Sublyminal
01-24-2012, 01:44 PM
This man just likes to hear people clapping at his ideas. No matter how stupid they sound.

soulcyon
01-24-2012, 01:47 PM
If the media bends to his will, I give up on this election

wongster41
01-24-2012, 01:51 PM
BREAKING NEWS: CNN debate on thursday will not allow audience to clap or cheer. /s

Expatriate
01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
So the audience was instructed not to applaud but they did it for RP anyway? That says a lot.

Sublyminal
01-24-2012, 02:04 PM
So the audience was instructed not to applaud but they did it for RP anyway? That says a lot.

That right there says that RP is the only one that can change this country for the better. People need to wake the hell up already.

kathy88
01-24-2012, 02:20 PM
"Mitt Romney's campaign reacted sharply Tuesday to rival Newt Gingrich's reprimand of debate moderators who disallow audience participation.

"It sounds like Newt Gingrich is running for pouter-in-chief," Romney strategist Eric Fehrnstrom said."

bcreps85
01-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Good. More time for Paul to talk, and more time for Santorum to prove how much of an idiot he is. This would just go to show that Paul is the only Romney alternative.

torchbearer
01-24-2012, 02:39 PM
we need a three way race for a brokered convention. and we need the other two candidates to hate each other very much.
so i will clap for newt so he waste a bunch of money keeping us in the fight.

Lucille
01-24-2012, 02:48 PM

I agree with Bern. Laugh. There is nothing politicians hate more than being laughed at.

"Before the assault of laughter nothing can stand."
--Mark Twain

angrydragon
01-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Santorum is the new Rick Perry.

angrydragon
01-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Haha, isn't Ron Paul the anti-establishment candidate?

Maybe Ron needs to push this point more.

amabala
01-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Haha, isn't Ron Paul the anti-establishment candidate?

Maybe Ron needs to push this point more.
Exactly. My skin burns every time Newt claims he is anti-establisnment. He's not just an inside, he's all the way through!!

The One
01-24-2012, 03:32 PM
If Newt pulls out, Santorum will suddenly become more visible.

torchbearer
01-24-2012, 03:35 PM
If Newt pulls out, Santorum will suddenly become more visible.

i see what you did there. it got all over the place.

Brian4Liberty
01-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Is it really about being pro-Newt?

The media has been pro-Newt the whole time. Just a few negative comments here and there to pretend that they are "fair and balanced'. The only truly negative thing they have done is to occasionally give voice to former GOP colleagues who didn't like "working" with him.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-24-2012, 03:44 PM
more time for Santorum to prove how much of an idiot he is.

Omg, does anyone have a clip of him in the debate babbling on about how oil drilling in the gulf, brings tourism to Florida?

RFLMAO

He sounded like a total bumbling idiot on that one. No doubt he lost BIG points with Floridians there.

HarryBrowneLives
01-24-2012, 03:46 PM
BAHHAAAA! I knew this would happen as soon as I saw the MSM flipped the script on this jackoff. he just about bombed and will die a slow death politically of 1,000 cuts if he actually has to defend his rediculous past and record.What Newt's been doing is political slight of hand for the dumbasses out there who eat it up ... As soon as he gets a question from the mod that's tough for him, he won't answer the question and pushes the political reset hot button that conservatives don't like the Librul Mediuh. It's BS cover for the political graveyard he has in his closet and he and his team are trying their best to sockpuppet these debates as well. In SC, they bussed in 5 groups of Teocon's from the local Teaocon convention. At USFL, the local GOP and the insider gang wouldn't let USFL students have tickets. Virually all of these debates are held on college campuses! They at least ought to have a share! THAT should be Ron' response or just have debates without a sitting audience and equal time for the four candidates.

QWDC
01-24-2012, 03:57 PM
CNN is really bending to his game? Oh boy, now I get another 2 hours of:

Moderator: Thoughtful question on policy x
Newt: "I'll tell you who is about as capable of handling x as a mentally challenged goat, President Obama!"
Audience: *Roars with applause, feet stomp the floor and the building shakes*
Newt: "Teleprompter and Lincoln Douglas! I'm so smart!
Audience: With tears in their eyes, they each clap wand chant "Down with Obama!" "Let Newt Debate" for 2 hours

Edward
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Stick a fork in him. People were catching on to his need for claptrap, but by crying "foul" he has has essentially admitted that he cannot succeed without it and this will likely be used against him at some point. At some point, this ship will sink and I will enjoy it very much.

TNforPaul45
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
"Newt will pull out if the audience cant cheer"

Sounds like a byline to a really bad porno to me.

dannno
01-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Newt is a drama queen and Ron Paul called him out on his shit last night. It was awesome.

AZ Libertarian
01-24-2012, 04:39 PM
He'll use ANY OUT to stop the bleeding!

evilfunnystuff
01-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Here's a plan, no audience other than the TV audience, no moderators, and equal time for all 4 remaining candidates. Let them duke it out saying what they want to say and only allow the mike to come on when it is their time to speak and go off when their time is up. Ron Paul would win such a debate hands down.
Wow that would be AWESOME.

ONUV
01-24-2012, 07:11 PM
isn't a big part of his support about debating obama? is audience participation allowed during presidential debates?

Edward
01-25-2012, 11:55 PM
isn't a big part of his support about debating obama? is audience participation allowed during presidential debates?

"[T]he protocol for the general election debates, which are overseen by the Commission on Presidential Debates, is that audiences sit in virtual silence or risk being escorted out." (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/us/politics/raucous-republican-primary-debates-seem-more-made-for-tv.html)

Revolution9
01-26-2012, 12:20 AM
It's his bedroom protocol as public policy.

Rev9