PDA

View Full Version : HS Today: Ron Paul Owes TSA An Apology (mod: TSA says TSA is owed apology; where's OURS?)

low preference guy
01-24-2012, 09:48 AM
“The police state in this country is growing out of control,” the elder Paul announced in a statement. “One of the ultimate embodiments of this is the TSA that gropes and grabs our children, our seniors, and our loved ones and neighbors with disabilities. The TSA does all of this while doing nothing to keep us safe.”

The entire statement is overblown and untrue but it’s that very last sentence that cannot go uncontested. The whole essence of TSA, everything that it does, all the investment, the technology, the procedures, the intelligence and most of all the daily, unremitting effort of the people who serve at airports, in the air and in headquarters, is aimed at keeping the American traveling public safe.

[...]

Al Qaeda could not wish for more from a presidential candidate.

From Homeland Security Today (http://www.hstoday.us/blogs/perspectives/blog/ron-paul-owes-tsa-an-apology/b36f99b4137700241db744297fc1b45b.html)

RockEnds
01-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Has Ron Paul completely forgotten Sept. 11, 2001 when 3,000 Americans died because the transportation security regime of this country was unable to stop 19 hijackers from taking over four aircraft?

Rudy?

And let us all remember it's not the TSA. It's the TSR.

The Gold Standard
01-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Fuck the TSA. We owe them a lot more than an apology.

thoughtomator
01-24-2012, 10:27 AM
the source is obviously self-interested, discard

jmdrake
01-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Homeland inSecurity owes America an apology.

Bruno
01-24-2012, 10:28 AM
TSA owes America an apology.

jmhudak17
01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
The TSA owes the Bill of Rights an apology.

Krugerrand
01-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Homeland inSecurity owes America an apology.

TSA owes America an apology.

The TSA owes the Bill of Rights an apology.

and the American taxpayers a refund.

ctiger2
01-24-2012, 10:34 AM
I feel much safer with the TSA tossing out all those tiny bottles of deodorant, shampoo and toothpaste. They've not caught anything significant since their creation. Be gone!

specsaregood
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Has Ron Paul completely forgotten Sept. 11, 2001 when 3,000 Americans died because the transportation security regime of this country was unable to stop 19 hijackers from taking over four aircraft?

Yes, I remember the day when a couple dollars in metal hardware on cockpit doors could have prevented 9/11 from happening. But instead we chose to create a multibillion dollar govt program.

georgiaboy
01-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Ron Paul's apology to TSA: "I'm sorry, but you'll all have to find something productive to do with your time. This bureaucracy is defunded and closed, charter revoked."

sailingaway
01-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Rudy?

And let us all remember it's not the TSA. It's the TSR.

Box cutters were allowed on planes. Pilots weren't allowed guns. People had been specifically trained to NOT fight back from the hijacking days when all the bad guy wanted was transportation to somewhere else.

TSA doesn't stop all sorts of things, and still manages to violate our rights. This is not reason to have more of TSA, but to let someone else handle it.

Freedomluvinmamma30
01-24-2012, 01:40 PM
I am pregnant so I automatically got the pat down not once but three times in a 6 month travel period. I filed a complaint with TSA and never heard anything back from them. I much rather have private security and let me the consumer choose what airline to fly based on the security. Everyone forgets that the people who work on the ground crew can at anytime do something, security is not as tight in baggage and on the ground as they want people to believe. I am sorry but I have a better chance of getting shot in a robbery or killed in a car crash then in another 9/11 style attack. The goal was to upset our balance and freedom. They accomplished both.

RockEnds
01-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Is no one else struck by the use of the word "regime". I know it's not synonymous with totalitarianism, but it has taken on that meaning in its common usage.

Krugerrand
01-24-2012, 01:49 PM
I am pregnant so I automatically got the pat down not once but three times in a 6 month travel period. I filed a complaint with TSA and never heard anything back from them. I much rather have private security and let me the consumer choose what airline to fly based on the security. Everyone forgets that the people who work on the ground crew can at anytime do something, security is not as tight in baggage and on the ground as they want people to believe. I am sorry but I have a better chance of getting shot in a robbery or killed in a car crash then in another 9/11 style attack. The goal was to upset our balance and freedom. They accomplished both.

Thanks for sharing. + rep for taking the time to file the complaints.

The Gold Standard
01-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Yes, I remember the day when a couple dollars in metal hardware on cockpit doors could have prevented 9/11 from happening. But instead we chose to create a multibillion dollar govt program.

If we obeyed the 2nd amendment of the Constitution 9/11 wouldn't have happened. How successful do you think the hijackers would have been against a plane full of armed men and women?

Krugerrand
01-24-2012, 02:02 PM
If we obeyed the 2nd amendment of the Constitution 9/11 wouldn't have happened. How successful do you think the hijackers would have been against a plane full of armed men and women?

Imagine how hard it would be to recruit people to kill themselves in a fight against a country that means nothing to you.

puppetmaster
01-24-2012, 02:07 PM

yep and all pilots should be carrying and trained properly.

CaptainAmerica
01-24-2012, 02:07 PM
From Homeland Security Today (http://www.hstoday.us/blogs/perspectives/blog/ron-paul-owes-tsa-an-apology/b36f99b4137700241db744297fc1b45b.html)

Homeland Security can jump off a cliff and people would clap.

moostraks
01-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Sounds like from the bio of the 'journalist' he might be one of those who feels like with a Paul Presidency he might just be out of a job. He seems deeply invested into the military reporting.

Deinonychus
01-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Because water might be a dangerous liquid explosive or something, why do they just throw it in the trash? :confused:

Mckarnin
01-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Keep trying to justify your existence...

spudea
01-24-2012, 05:03 PM
all the resources spent on US citizens that pose ZERO threat to an airplane flight... what a fucking waste... and this "award winning editor" on Homeland Security is a waste too.

squarepusher
01-24-2012, 05:17 PM
how many instances in the past few months, have people gotten on board airplanes with loaded weapons and even C4?

flightlesskiwi
01-24-2012, 05:29 PM
and the American taxpayers a refund.

with interest.

WilliamC
01-24-2012, 05:35 PM

'twould solve many, but not all of our problems inside a year or less, if everyone went armed most all the time in public.

Make concealed or open carry as universal as driving a car and see how quickly society becomes safe and secure.

And polite.

idiom
01-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Beyond that...

Nobody will ever hijack a plane again.

Only 3 out of 4 planes were successfully hijacked on 9/11. Hijacking was finished forever halfway through the day.

All you can do now is blow up planes with baggage.

gb13
01-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Ron Paul's apology to TSA: "I'm sorry, but you'll all have to find something productive to do with your time. This bureaucracy is defunded and closed, charter revoked."

THIS!

The Free Hornet
01-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Beyond that...

Nobody will ever hijack a plane again.

Only 3 out of 4 planes were successfully hijacked on 9/11. Hijacking was finished forever halfway through the day.

All you can do now is blow up planes with baggage.

Here is some substantiation, it is international too. Reinforced cockpit doors and advanced permission to shoot down a hijacked plane is now normal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_hijacking#Dealing_with_hijackings