PDA

View Full Version : One for the ladies

JuicyG
01-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Who said Paul is less charismatic than Romney or others?

Spread this around to get more female voters. Paul suffers low % of female voters.

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/lqf7S_9Kk1bZf9BTqf2y8w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/ron_paul_congress_astros_76.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/SF2NPkjBqbpmKgMET6Ldzw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/ron_paul_swinger.jpg
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/ron-paul-stars-astros-rainbow-uniform-76-congressional-135224691.html

LiveForHonortune
01-24-2012, 09:29 AM
The biggest complaint seems to be that he's too old. This along with the picture with Randy might help but I doubt it.

kathy88
01-24-2012, 09:33 AM
I'd do him ;)

swissaustrian
01-24-2012, 09:35 AM
This picture is from last year
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252718_10150208633031686_6233046685_7290002_727408 _n.jpg

Teenager For Ron Paul
01-24-2012, 09:37 AM
of course, have you seen the ladies he's taken pictures with? :)

kathy88
01-24-2012, 09:37 AM
That's a beautiful pic!

pinkmandy
01-24-2012, 09:43 AM
The pool picture melts my heart. :)

Imo, the cookbooks are great tools for giving to prospective female voters. Not so much because of the recipes (which will entice them to open the book in the first place) but because of the personal stories and info included throughout them as they thumb through them. It's all about how women can relate to someone, if they feel they "know" that person.

Gary4Liberty
01-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Ron is ripped. look at his delts!, put a pic of Newt in the pool up there for comparison. Lets see who has more longevity. RP will live to be a 100 no problem.

LiveForHonortune
01-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Joking aside, this seems offensive to female voters.

If they were after the most physical person running then Romney would be leading among female voters in Florida.

How about once again examining the issues female voters are most concerned about? They do mostly say he's too old.

dfalken
01-24-2012, 10:00 AM

If they were after the most physical person running then Romney would be leading among female voters in Florida.

How about once again examining the issues female voters are most concerned about? They do mostly say he's too old.

However un-PC this will sound and with all due respect to our valiant female members of the revolution, I really believe most females are looking for the biggest alpha male (could be misinterpreted as JERK) that will keep them "safe" and feeling "taken care of" and this is EXACTLY why Newt moved to the lead with his outburst at the media.

A. Havnes
01-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Just show some videos of Carol Paul. I've tried this tactic before and it works. She's such a bubbly old lady - you can't help but love her. She reminds me of my grandma.

swissaustrian
01-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Granddaughter Bonnie
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/392853_10150404855306686_6233046685_8641114_159408 5808_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/376856_10150404844301686_6233046685_8641100_151493 2370_n.jpg

pinkmandy
01-24-2012, 10:14 AM
They don't care what he looks like. When he's making logical arguments about economics and government he might as well be speaking Chinese as far as the majority (not all!!) of women are concerned. Most people just don't get it. I mean, when was the last time you saw a commercial for makeup try to make it's case using facts and figures? It doesn't work. They appeal to emotion to make the sale.

This is true for most imo. I agree. Women (not all, of course) are more likely to rely on emotions. Appealing to women means relating to the issues that they deal with on a daily basis and translating Paul's message into something they can relate to easier. Grocery bills. Costs of health insurance. College tuition. Crime. Education. Opportunities for their kids. Aging parents and caring for them. It is women (mostly) who are handling these things/issues in their households and lives. The answers are simple, Ron Paul has them, but they just aren't broken down in a way that most women "relate" to imo. We have to make it personal for them.

Example: The racist drug war fuels violence and furthers the police state.

True statement. We all get it. But if you want most women to care about that statement, to relate to it, then it needs to become more detailed and personal.

Points that hit home to women-

How many young people try pot? How many young people, college students, are in prison for this? Do you think your child should ever go to prison for trying pot? How many mothers are dealing with this right now? Where are their interviews? How many sick people are in prison? How many children are growing up, right now, on the streets without their fathers? How many are children are killed by gangs which exist because of the black market on drugs? Are people with cancer sitting behind bars for trying to increase their appetite by using pot? How many lives have been ruined? Show pictures. Give details.

Or look at the Dept of Education. Paul wants to eliminate it. We all get that and what it means. But it needs to be expounded upon, showing the mismanagement of education, the waste of money, the kids who fall through the cracks...pictures, details, personal stories, more details...and this one must be handled w/care, without coming off as attacking teachers.

sailingaway
01-24-2012, 10:15 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252718_10150208633031686_6233046685_7290002_727408 _n.jpg

this is more to the point, because it shows he is in shape NOW.

steph3n
01-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Granddaughter Bonnie
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/392853_10150404855306686_6233046685_8641114_159408 5808_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/376856_10150404844301686_6233046685_8641100_151493 2370_n.jpg

Run ron the house is falling down!!!

Gary4Liberty
01-24-2012, 10:33 AM
However un-PC this will sound and with all due respect to our valiant female members of the revolution, I really believe most females are looking for the biggest alpha male (could be misinterpreted as JERK) that will keep them "safe" and feeling "taken care of" and this is EXACTLY why Newt moved to the lead with his outburst at the media. this right here falken truth. its genetic women cant help but be attracted to douche bag bad boys like newt. They must over ride that and use logic. I know im expecting a lot but otherwise all we can hope is that they stay home on election day. Yes it is genetic. Does newt have any kids by the way?

roversaurus
01-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Yes!
I don't think the age issue is that big right now. But for anyone who brings it up we need to show THIS picture and ask them for a picture of Newt at the swimming pool.
Is there any way we can get this concept to the press? It would be good for a news report and I would just love the contrast with Newt. Any contrast with Newt on personal character and hygiene is a win for Ron Paul.

FreedomHorn
01-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I think its the foreign policy that really holds us back with women. Lots of them just aren't going to feel safe unless we are over there killing the bad guys.

PursuePeace
01-24-2012, 11:06 AM
However un-PC this will sound and with all due respect to our valiant female members of the revolution, I really believe most females are looking for the biggest alpha male (could be misinterpreted as JERK) that will keep them "safe" and feeling "taken care of" and this is EXACTLY why Newt moved to the lead with his outburst at the media.

How do you know it was the female vote and not the male vote?

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Paul is in better shape than me. His oversized suit makes him look scrawny.

Nirvikalpa
01-24-2012, 11:12 AM
They don't care what he looks like. When he's making logical arguments about economics and government he might as well be speaking Chinese as far as the majority (not all!!) of women are concerned. Most people just don't get it. I mean, when was the last time you saw a commercial for makeup try to make it's case using facts and figures? It doesn't work. They appeal to emotion to make the sale.

Every being with a penis automatically understand logical arguments about economics and government?

http://www.conunderground.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Obama-laughing.jpg

http://votersagainstincumbents.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mitt-newt_laughing_it_up.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly7rsqaOrr1r5ogd5.jpg

its genetic women cant help but be attracted to douche bag bad boys like newt.

http://troll.me/images/facepalm-picard/why-am-i-here.jpg

steph3n
01-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Every being with a penis automatically understand logical arguments about economics and government?<pics of total dunce hat wearing fools removed>

Ouch that landed squarely in the jaw of some of the local RPF sexist elite.

PursuePeace
01-24-2012, 11:14 AM

Nirvikalpa
01-24-2012, 11:16 AM

Haha, I actually had the bigger photo of that included, but I thought they would get the point with 3 pics. :p

LiveForHonortune
01-24-2012, 11:18 AM
ARGH

A RAVENS FAN! :mad:

steph3n
01-24-2012, 11:19 AM
ARGH

Better than a JETS fan where the fans are so stupid they have cheers about how to speeeel it proberly J-E-T-S JETS J-E-T-S JETS!

Nirvikalpa
01-24-2012, 11:29 AM
ARGH

I know. A team with three Ron Paul supporters is too much to handle. Carr, Zbikowski, and a kicker whom's name I will not mention... :D

brandon
01-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Every being with a penis automatically understand logical arguments about economics and government?

I don't think that conclusion could be drawn from what I wrote. ;) If every man was fully logical Ron Paul would be doing a lot better than ~15% among men.

Jack Bauer
01-24-2012, 11:51 AM
How do you know it was the female vote and not the male vote?

Just look at the polling stats in SC.

Heck, in FL, Ron in at 30% among men (2nd place). Among women - 5% (last place).

JuicyG
01-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Just look at the polling stats in SC.

Heck, in FL, Ron in at 30% among men (2nd place). Among women - 5% (last place).

I`m afraid a previous poster was right. Most women go after what they perceive as the "alpha male".
Some will look at policies but most will go with the one that looks more "presidential" aka hot stud.

Romney`s known to do very well among women for that very reason and I`m afraid Newt is also catching one because he projected himself as the big macho guy that goes on the offensive and women love a warrior even if he`s all bark no bite type of dog.

pinkmandy
01-24-2012, 12:24 PM
If you want to attract female voters then listen to the female perspectives from female posters. Surely that's more logical than making assumptions and guessing? We're right here you know. ;)

swissaustrian
01-24-2012, 12:35 PM
What about bring the troops home, that should be an attractive message?
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/385828_864560551749_18801590_38865371_1554977201_a .jpg

xFiFtyOnE
01-24-2012, 12:36 PM
The biggest complaint seems to be that he's too old. This along with the picture with Randy might help but I doubt it.

Newt is 68(will be 69 by the election) and an overweight walking heart attack. If Rons health/age is brought up Newts should be aswell.

LEK
01-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Female here...I do not vote on looks, attire, or buttock firmness.

Give the fairer gender some credit for having brains.

PursuePeace
01-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Please pay attention to what this woman is saying.

Women are not an alien lifeform who sit around crying and watching make up commercials and reading recipes. They are human beings who care about the same things as everyone else. A lot of folks, both men and women in this country, are just STILL ASLEEP.

Someone posted this video awhile back and it didn't get the attention I felt it deserved.
Freedom is popular.

We know that apathy and the mainstream media are our biggest enemy.
Many people just aren't interested because they think all of these politicans are the same.
So they don't get all into it, they don't sit around in the internet and do the actual research.
If you aren't researching Ron Paul on the internet, then you will know NOTHING about the man.
THAT is our problem.
Folks listen briefly to the news and let others do their thinking for them.
Apathy + lamestream media = DISASTER.

Videos like this need to go VIRAL.
We need more of them.
Please send this video around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pht46Uh2gmY

Also, just found this May Palmer video. She posted her songs here a few days back and I was searching for more videos of her. I love her songs!
Anyway found this. Don't think it's been posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo5cwHEIx1Y

JuicyG
01-24-2012, 01:04 PM

Doesn`t mean there aren`t women such as yourself who look at the issues and are not superficial.

How do you explain though that Paul does poorly among women, while Romney does very well in that category?

dagnybell
01-24-2012, 01:16 PM
This is true for most imo. I agree. Women (not all, of course) are more likely to rely on emotions. Appealing to women means relating to the issues that they deal with on a daily basis and translating Paul's message into something they can relate to easier. Grocery bills. Costs of health insurance. College tuition. Crime. Education. Opportunities for their kids. Aging parents and caring for them. It is women (mostly) who are handling these things/issues in their households and lives. The answers are simple, Ron Paul has them, but they just aren't broken down in a way that most women "relate" to imo. We have to make it personal for them.

True statement. We all get it. But if you want most women to care about that statement, to relate to it, then it needs to become more detailed and personal.

How many young people try pot? How many young people, college students, are in prison for this? Do you think your child should ever go to prison for trying pot? How many mothers are dealing with this right now? Where are their interviews? How many sick people are in prison? How many children are growing up, right now, on the streets without their fathers? How many are children are killed by gangs which exist because of the black market on drugs? Are people with cancer sitting behind bars for trying to increase their appetite by using pot? How many lives have been ruined? Show pictures. Give details.

Or look at the Dept of Education. Paul wants to eliminate it. We all get that and what it means. But it needs to be expounded upon, showing the mismanagement of education, the waste of money, the kids who fall through the cracks...pictures, details, personal stories, more details...and this one must be handled w/care, without coming off as attacking teachers.

Great post.

The challenge with this approach is that it's tough to get all that into a 2 minute debate answer or a 30 second commercial, but I do agree that this could be done in speeches and in town hall gatherings. Then the YouTube videos of those events could be spread far and wide.

I actually believe this approach will work for men and women that haven't been converted to the cause. Most people are looking for someone who can paint a vision for them of how the country would be different if they were president as opposed to just facts and figures and accurate descriptions of what go us into this mess.

dagnybell
01-24-2012, 01:20 PM

Ditto, + rep

PursuePeace
01-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I actually believe this approach will work for men and women that haven't been converted to the cause. Most people are looking for someone who can paint a vision for them of how the country would be different if they were president as opposed to just facts and figures and accurate descriptions of what go us into this mess.

I agree.

Also good point, it's not a tactic for the female vote. It will work for both women AND men who haven't converted to the cause.
It's just a good tactic in general.

KCIndy
01-24-2012, 01:28 PM

BULLSEYE!!

This is it. This is the best and most accurate summation I've seen about how to approach people, both women and men, who are uncertain about Dr. Paul. The changes the can happen with Dr. Paul in office need to be made personal to people. When something is personal, it becomes much more real.

Pinkmandy, I hope the campaign hires you this very minute.

vechorik
01-24-2012, 01:28 PM
I doctored the photo a little:

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo311/vechorik/RonPaul2011.png

dagnybell
01-24-2012, 01:30 PM
A lot of folks, both men and women in this country, are just STILL ASLEEP.

True

Maximus
01-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I posted the pool picture months ago on my fb and got some of my non-political female friends oohing and aahing over it.

The war issue really hits home with women. That is where I usually begin. This usually seals it:

"Do you know any 2nd or 3rd graders in your family? Well, you know, we've been at war for ten years now. They have never known a day in their life where our nation has not been at war. I think it'd be beautiful for them to wake up and have their nation at peace."

FreedomHorn
01-24-2012, 01:36 PM
If you want to attract female voters then listen to the female perspectives from female posters. Surely that's more logical than making assumptions and guessing? We're right here you know. ;)

You guys are different, obviously. :p

roversaurus
01-24-2012, 01:53 PM

Ha, ha.
Yes, I think if you keep accusing women of not being logical, perhaps you should try some logic yourself.

So I should start. There are a few demographic voting patterns with Ron Paul.
1> Young support him more than old.
I think we have some good answers for that. The young are more likely to get news from the internet. The young have not already made up their minds and were willing to listen to a brand new idea. The young are more idealistic.
2> Poor support him more than rich.
This is a little odd until you realize that age correlates highly with wealth. Young people just don't have much money.
3> Men support him more than women.
.........ok, what's the answer? What's different between men and women that causes this?

Gary4Liberty
01-24-2012, 11:48 PM
3> Men support him more than women.
.........ok, what's the answer? What's different between men and women that causes this?

we just went over that kinda. IMO I think people in general are programmed to be attracted to high status and popular things, good looking and strong and women in particular respond to this for primitive reasons. Since RP is a man and is falsely portrayed in the media as unpopular and weak naturally lower functioning women who cant get past their own wiring gravitate away from RP and toward the more primitive candidates respectively. So they never really get to hear his message and consider it unless they get to hear about him in a supportive environment.

In circles where Ron is regarded in the highest status such as colleges, even the youngest most fertile of females are attracted to Ron with rock star intensity. He approaches the level of deity. Perception is everything.

Once they are attracted I think they listen long enough and in that environment they are able to receive his message and then after that its all about the message and not about Ron Paul anymore, he is more the messenger.

Tinnuhana
01-25-2012, 12:18 AM
LOL@ a comment on the original article: "Looks like Newt was catching."

sailingaway
01-25-2012, 12:38 AM
this right here falken truth. its genetic women cant help but be attracted to douche bag bad boys like newt. They must over ride that and use logic. I know im expecting a lot but otherwise all we can hope is that they stay home on election day. Yes it is genetic. Does newt have any kids by the way?

Females don't like Newt according to polls, at least so I've read. I haven't waded through his cross tabs.

Feeding the Abscess
01-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Here's an idea, fellas: let's listen to what women have to say when we're talking to them, instead of telling them what we think they'd like to hear.

sailingaway
01-25-2012, 12:40 AM
LOL@ a comment on the original article: "Looks like Newt was catching."

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/SF2NPkjBqbpmKgMET6Ldzw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/ron_paul_swinger.jpg

lol!

Gary4Liberty
01-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Here's an idea, fellas: let's listen to what women have to say when we're talking to them, instead of telling them what we think they'd like to hear. not a good idea, watch what they do not what what they say. You go by what they say you will be chasing your own tail while they laugh at you. hahaaha anyway. good times.

tttppp
01-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Please pay attention to what this woman is saying.

Women are not an alien lifeform who sit around crying and watching make up commercials and reading recipes. They are human beings who care about the same things as everyone else. A lot of folks, both men and women in this country, are just STILL ASLEEP.

Someone posted this video awhile back and it didn't get the attention I felt it deserved.
Freedom is popular.

We know that apathy and the mainstream media are our biggest enemy.
Many people just aren't interested because they think all of these politicans are the same.
So they don't get all into it, they don't sit around in the internet and do the actual research.
If you aren't researching Ron Paul on the internet, then you will know NOTHING about the man.
THAT is our problem.
Folks listen briefly to the news and let others do their thinking for them.
Apathy + lamestream media = DISASTER.

Videos like this need to go VIRAL.
We need more of them.
Please send this video around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pht46Uh2gmY

Also, just found this May Palmer video. She posted her songs here a few days back and I was searching for more videos of her. I love her songs!
Anyway found this. Don't think it's been posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo5cwHEIx1Y

I actually agree with you that most people think all politicians are the same. About 7-8 years ago I remember telling people there is no difference between democrats and republicans, they are still going to put in place the same bs policies and have no clue how to run a government or business. I felt this way until 2008 when I saw a few minutes of a republican debate that my dad had on. When I saw Ron Paul speak, I was like "who is this guy who making all this sense?". Ever since then I paid more and more attention to Ron Paul. If we could somehow get the whole country to watch one debate I'm sure Ron Paul's numbers would go up dramatically.

JuicyG
01-25-2012, 12:53 AM
not a good idea, watch what they do not what what they say. You go by what they say you will be chasing your own tail while they laugh at you. hahaaha anyway. good times.

Truth of the matter is I`ve heard plenty of women saying they`ll vote for X candidate because of looks. It really is a factor.
There`s also the negative side if you will, meaning I`ve also heard women saying they won`t vote for X candidate because of looks.

Now this doesn`t mean females are more shallow than men. I`ve heard plenty of men saying they won`t consider Paul because he doesn`t look "presidential" and who knows how would most men behave if we were to have 4 republican women candidates. Wouldn`t you be attracted as man to the youngest and prettiest female if that were to be the case? On the negative side, wouldn`t you be turned off by a 76 old woman?

Of course such line of thinking is bit superficial but I`m afraid it applies to a huge % of voters who are less informed about politics and the issues and just occasionally watch some politics and debates, same as they`re watching American Idol. People like us who post on these forums form a minority.

theswedishchef
01-25-2012, 01:03 AM

http://www.conunderground.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Obama-laughing.jpg

http://votersagainstincumbents.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mitt-newt_laughing_it_up.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly7rsqaOrr1r5ogd5.jpg

http://troll.me/images/facepalm-picard/why-am-i-here.jpg

Do you have proof all them four have a penis?
Picture or I don't believe it... :D

RonPaulMyPresident
01-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Is this why America still hasn't had a woman President when even 3rd world countries like Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia have had women Presidents/Prime Ministers.

Come on ladies look at the candidates' principles not their looks.

JuicyG
01-25-2012, 02:07 AM
Is this why America still hasn't had a woman President when even 3rd world countries like Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia have had women Presidents/Prime Ministers.

Come on ladies look at the candidates' principles not their looks.

I`m afraid the ladies you`re talking to don`t read this forum. Ones that did read your post are already Paul fans. :)

milo10
01-25-2012, 02:14 AM
It is unlikely that Sarah Palin would have anything like her current popularity if she were unattractive.

milo10
01-25-2012, 02:18 AM

This is a great post. Do you have a blog? You should write a longer piece on this subject.

Feeding the Abscess
01-25-2012, 02:25 AM

End the Drug War: Pro-Life, and Pro-Family

AmberH
01-25-2012, 05:22 AM

I do, thats why Ron has my vote.

Txrose4ever
01-26-2012, 01:10 AM
I`m afraid a previous poster was right. Most women go after what they perceive as the "alpha male".
Some will look at policies but most will go with the one that looks more "presidential" aka hot stud.

Romney`s known to do very well among women for that very reason and I`m afraid Newt is also catching one because he projected himself as the big macho guy that goes on the offensive and women love a warrior even if he`s all bark no bite type of dog.

Alot of us women out there are quite intelligent enough to see the big picture and to take the time to understand. Your assumptions that some may have more faith in a younger man may have some merit, but there are plenty of us out there who are attracted to the ideas and substance. Just as some men may favor Newt because of his "macho" thing, women can also see things in the same superficial way. I do think his age MAY be a part of that, but that is not the primary reason. If I had to venture a guess, it could be the fact that Ron is marginalized and not seen by mainstream as "popular", he is often characterized as extreme, or in a poor light, and therefore some women may view supporting him as akin to hanging out with the kid with cooties at school. If Paul were to receive positive media reporting, or even FAIR reporting, I believe it would alter perceptions. Then there are some women who can't see past his pro-life positions. And nothing on this earth will make them vote for someone who is pro-life. I am pro- choice, but I and many other women are not one issue voters, and we see what is really more important at this time in our history. It would be interesting if some sort of study could be done to determine exactly what it is about Paul that women may find hard to support.

giovannile07
01-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Haha that's hilarious someone in the comments said "Newt probably gets out of breath playing Bingo."

ericthethe
01-26-2012, 03:16 AM
This thread is retarded.

Men and women both appeal to the emotion, how a candidate makes you feel. Humans, especially men, like to think of themselves as logical, rational creatures, but we're not. Hell, Paul's whole philosophy has to do with emotion more than cold, hard facts. Austrian economics (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_School#Methodology_2) is based on theory:

Whereas mainstream economists generally use economic models and statistical methods to model and test economic behavior, Austrian economists argue that they are a flawed, unreliable, and insufficient means of analyzing and testing economic theory. Instead, they advocate deriving economic theory logically from basic principles of human action, a study called praxeology...Critics argue that Austrian economics generally lacks scientific rigor, rejects the scientific method, and rejects the use of empirical data. Thomas Mayer has argued that Austrian economists have advocated a rejection of scientific methods which involve directly using empirical data in the development of (falsifiable) theories; application of empirical data is fundamental to the scientific method.

People make decisions based on how we feel about things. Go read The Social Animal by David Brooks or watch this (http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/11522) interview and shut the hell up.

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 03:31 AM
Who said Paul is less charismatic than Romney or others?

Spread this around to get more female voters. Paul suffers low % of female voters.

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/lqf7S_9Kk1bZf9BTqf2y8w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/ron_paul_congress_astros_76.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/ron-paul-stars-astros-rainbow-uniform-76-congressional-135224691.html

If betting were among my festival of vices, I'd bet this won't gain ONE female supporter for Ron Paul.

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 03:34 AM
Pushing 2000 views, while sundry threads on HOW TO EARN THE SUPPORT OF NOT-MALE & NOT-YOUNG keep dropping away.

Am I to infer STAY THE COURSE?

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 03:40 AM
The biggest complaint seems to be that he's too old.

Not in my travels.

What's interesting is that, in MY experience, of those who blurt TOO OLD as first-reaction to my GETTING TO Ron Paul on the list of possibilities within a broader conversation about WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING, the majority are HIS AGE OR OLDER. That is NOT to say that TOO OLD is the commonest reservation.

This along with the picture with Randy might help but I doubt it.

Trust yer instincts.

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 03:42 AM
I'd do him ;)

Really?

Roxi
01-26-2012, 04:01 AM
Wanna draw in the female voters?? Someone needs to make an awesome video, with video clips of those soldiers surprising their kids in random places by showing up from active duty. pictures and video clips... I'm fairly certain no matter how any woman feels about the war, or soldiers these clips bring tears to their eyes. Add in quotes from RP about bringing the troops home/ending the wars. Make it viral... voila, female vote achieved.

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 04:10 AM
Imo, the cookbooks are great tools for giving to prospective female voters. Not so much because of the recipes (which will entice them to open the book in the first place) but because of the personal stories and info included throughout them as they thumb through them. It's all about how women can relate to someone, if they feel they "know" that person.

Emphasis on GIVING THEM AWAY. Maybe you already do, I dunno. I use YOU generically, yes?

But FOR SURE, better than a money-bomb-or-chip-in-per-minute, BUY PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL and give it away selectively . . . when/as it strikes YOU to be a good return on your investment.

In MY world, if you gifted all the women cookbooks and all the men something else, you would not thereafter be remembered fondly as a Thoughtful Person BY THE WOMEN. The men may or may not remember you fondly, depending what they got INSTEAD of a cookbook. Too, no small few of the men woulda said WHAT'S WRONG WITH A COOKBOOK, I LOVE TO COOK.

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 04:13 AM

What's THIS? A voice of REASON?

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 04:20 AM

BIGGEST ALPHA MALE is what MALE supporters are worried about, and rightly so. Not to be confused with Bad Boyz, which WOULD be a Chick Issue . . . but for the EXISTENCE of the intoxicating BOY part of the problem. Fear not, there are NO Alpha Males on that stage.

Wanting to be safe is perfectly rational. And American Women are NOT safe. Neither are their children. YOU GUYS aren't protecting American Women, that's for damn sure. Statistics can be manipulated, as well we know. But here's a coupla HARD TRUTHS:

Some on this board won't MAKE IT to my age.

Some members' daughters will be assaulted, raped, killed or some hideous combination of the three.

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 04:24 AM
Yeah, I think its the foreign policy that really holds us back with women. Lots of them just aren't going to feel safe unless we are over there killing the bad guys.

Are you daring to suggest that WAR is principally fueled by FEMALE passions?

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 04:36 AM

YES.

HOWEVER, comma, to whatever extent possible, supporters oughtn't use RACIST and RON PAUL in the same sentence. Once you deal in, as you say, REAL LIFE DRAMAS, the racial component of the Injustice is glaring.

Man in New Mexico was just awarded $22 million for being LOCKED UP IN SOLITARY CONFINEMENT FOR TWO YEARS, ON DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE.

THAT would play in Peoria, it occurs to me . . . HOW MUCH MONEY HAVE FEDS/STATES/CITIES/POLICE paid out in damages?

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 04:47 AM
this right here falken truth. its genetic women cant help but be attracted to douche bag bad boys like newt. They must over ride that and use logic. I know im expecting a lot but otherwise all we can hope is that they stay home on election day. Yes it is genetic. Does newt have any kids by the way?

The way men override their seemingly genetic gravitation to BIG FAKE BOOBS & LIPO-SUCTIONED THIGHS & COLLAGEN'ED LIPS & REVEALING CLOTHES, instead using logic to pursue & partner with women who have plain faces, chubby bodies, modest wardrobes, fine minds & stellar characters?

enoch150
01-26-2012, 04:48 AM
All people vote based on their own perceived self interest or what they believe is in the best interest of society as a whole.

Single women, for example tend to vote for Democrats because Democrats champion a social safety net and single women want that economic security blanket. However, married women tend to vote for Republicans because Republicans champion lower taxes. Once married, women have greater economic security because of the dual income and high tax rates interfere with developing even greater economic security with their husband.

If women - or most men - aren't supporting RP it's for what they believe to be rational reasons.

I can't believe this thread exists.

Sage goes in all fields.

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 04:53 AM
I can't believe this thread exists.

But it makes Ron Paul's lower favorability with women QUITE believable, dontcha think?

jcarcinogen
01-26-2012, 04:57 AM
What's so great about him in a baseball uniform and how is this relevant?

enoch150
01-26-2012, 05:02 AM
But it makes Ron Paul's lower favorability with women QUITE believable, dontcha think?

It's shrinking. In 2008 it wasn't unusual to see a poll's M-F split 12-2. Now it's normal to see something like 15-9. Sometimes it's nearly even.

Roxi
01-26-2012, 05:03 AM
Wanna draw in the female voters?? Someone needs to make an awesome video, with video clips of those soldiers surprising their kids in random places by showing up from active duty. pictures and video clips... I'm fairly certain no matter how any woman feels about the war, or soldiers these clips bring tears to their eyes. Add in quotes from RP about bringing the troops home/ending the wars. Make it viral... voila, female vote achieved.

This seems to have been looked over. Seriously. This will work on a LOT of women.

cheapseats
01-26-2012, 05:09 AM
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep..."

There are OVER FIFTY MILLION Single Women in America. What is the plan to protect them?

If you don't HAVE one, if you propose to merely REDUCE what passes for protection, um, lemme think, WHY WOULD THEY COME OVER TO YOUR SIDE?

Contemplate an EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF paradigm in which you are neither male NOR PARTNERED with one.

lilymc
01-26-2012, 05:15 AM
I'm glad there are at least a few voices of reason on this thread! heh ;)

To those who implied that women are always emotional and men are logical... Um, from my perspective, that's not the case at all. The people I know who are gung-ho about the wars, passionately hate Ron Paul, and can't debate these topics in even a remotely civil, calm way are.... Yep, men. In fact, I can think of lots of guys who are emotional when it comes to politics and other controversial topics.

So yeah, I agree with whoever it was that said that BOTH genders are emotional, and both can be logical.

As for me, I'm an INTP. So I'm a thinker, but I think I had a good balance between thinker and feeler. But what I think is very important is intuition. An intuitive person is not going to vote for a crook, because he's handsome or just because of the (D) or (R) by their name.

king_nothing_
01-26-2012, 05:15 AM
cheapseats,

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2228/multiquote.jpg

jcarcinogen
01-26-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm glad there are at least a few voices of reason on this thread! heh ;)

To those who implied that women are always emotional and men are logical... Um, from my perspective, that's not the case at all. The people I know who are gung-ho about the wars, passionately hate Ron Paul, and can't debate these topics in even a remotely civil, calm way are.... Yep, men. In fac
t, I can think of lots of guys who are emotional when it comes to politics and other controversial topics.

So yeah, I agree with whoever it was that said that BOTH genders are emotional, and both can be logical.

As for me, I'm an INTP. So I'm a thinker, but I think I had a good balance between thinker and feeler. But what I think is very important is intuition. An intuitive person is not going to vote for a crook, because he's handsome or just because of the (D) or (R) by their name.

You're right. The people that passionately hate Ron Paul ARE men for the most part. I never really thought about it.

Narmical
01-26-2012, 05:49 AM
Here's an idea, fellas: let's listen to what women have to say when we're talking to them, instead of telling them what we think they'd like to hear.

That's a wonderful idea! So on that note, Women do they have to say about spreading Ron Paul's message? What do you remember that changed your mind?

Narmical
01-26-2012, 06:01 AM
This thread is retarded.

Men and women both appeal to the emotion, how a candidate makes you feel. Humans, especially men, like to think of themselves as logical, rational creatures, but we're not. Hell, Paul's whole philosophy has to do with emotion more than cold, hard facts. Austrian economics (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_School#Methodology_2) is based on theory:

People make decisions based on how we feel about things. Go read The Social Animal by David Brooks or watch this (http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/11522) interview and shut the hell up.

And Narmical (that's me) argues that mainstream economics can never design a scientific experiment. Looking at gathered economic data about a country or the world at best can get you to a hypothesis. You cannot conduct an experiment on a country, you just cant control the variables. You want actual scientific experiments that test economics, try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_economics

Also fun fact, Math is not scientific, does that make it bad? Math is built up from first principals with many of them being just assumptions. Even worse the foundation of "Normal" geometry is based on the assumption that for a given line there is one and only one line parallel to it. (Euclid's Parallel Postulate). Mathematicians have actually proved that this assumption is unproveable!

Sounds a lot like Praxiology don't it?

Cutlerzzz
01-26-2012, 06:14 AM
Newt is 68(will be 69 by the election) and an overweight walking heart attack. If Rons health/age is brought up Newts should be aswell.Newt sounded out of breath during some of his answers a few debates ago.

Look at how much the presidency aged Obama in three years. I don't know if Newt could survive a term.

pen_thief
01-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Ron Paul was and still is a stud!

But it has nothing to do with why I'm voting for him :)

Kingfisher
01-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Newt sounded out of breath during some of his answers a few debates ago.

Look at how much the presidency aged Obama in three years. I don't know if Newt could survive a term.

Poor guy has good reason to be out of breath.
Thinking up lies quickly takes a lot of energy.

olsonly
01-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Newt is not attractive at all, in any way, to any woman I know.

Cutlerzzz
01-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Newt is not attractive at all, in any way, to any woman I know.What girl isn't attracted to this?

http://www.twittingstars.com/uploads/2011/06/0614-newt-tmz-ex-2-credit1.jpg

JimInNY
01-26-2012, 08:21 AM

I resemble that remark.

Gary4Liberty
01-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Wanna draw in the female voters?? Someone needs to make an awesome video, with video clips of those soldiers surprising their kids in random places by showing up from active duty. pictures and video clips... I'm fairly certain no matter how any woman feels about the war, or soldiers these clips bring tears to their eyes. Add in quotes from RP about bringing the troops home/ending the wars. Make it viral... voila, female vote achieved. very smart.

pinkmandy
01-26-2012, 08:49 AM

I am INFP but easily fit INTP as well. I just wanted to agree, if a person is in tune with his/her intuition then Paul is the only choice. That's part of what gets me watching women vote for Newt (or others but especially Newt). I know this needs its own thread in OT but to think of so many who are cut off from that part of themselves boggles my mind. Talk about a fuzzy channel and it's really no wonder they were booing the golden rule and killing. I was mad at first but as I thought about it I found it to be profoundly sad.

Gary4Liberty
01-26-2012, 08:59 AM
The way men override their seemingly genetic gravitation to BIG FAKE BOOBS & LIPO-SUCTIONED THIGHS & COLLAGEN'ED LIPS & REVEALING CLOTHES, instead using logic to pursue & partner with women who have plain faces, chubby bodies, modest wardrobes, fine minds & stellar characters?

Yes exactly.