PDA

View Full Version : SOUND BITES that MUST be used NOW.

ronpaulnevada
01-24-2012, 09:09 AM
by Justin Tribble -- Las Vegas, NV.

MEMO TO RON PAUL CAMPAIGN -- I implore you:

I'm supporting Ron Paul with my donations and I'm not seeing the results necessary to win.

The campaign has failed to re-frame the "third party" question, the electability question, the foreign policy question. It MUST be fixed now, or we lose.

If all it took to win the presidency was to tell the truth and "support liberty", then Howard Phillips, Ron Paul and Harry Browne all would have been our presidents in recent history. I wish it were that easy, but it isn't.

HERE IS HOW TO FIX IT:

These are important bullet points Ron Paul and his staff are NOT using, that MUST be used if you want victory -- and they MUST be REPEATED, in this simplified, basic form -- DRAWING a distiction between Ron Paul and the others, AGGRESIVELY:

"I'll defend the Bill of Rights, they won't. They haven't."

"I've defended the Constitution my whole life, they haven't. At all."

"I'll put troops on our borders, they'll put them on Pakistan's border."

"Going to war with Iran preemptively will cause an OIL CRISIS and send gas prices skyrocketing. We must avoid war at all costs. These guys are itching for it."

"Bring the troops home and defend the homeland! Now!"

"If Iran attempts attacks on the homeland unprovoked, I'll use the full might of our military WITHOUT HESITATION to stop them. I won't even blink."

"If Iran does anything, I'll respond. I won't even blink."

"I'll cut a trillion from the budget the first year and give Social Security and Medicare a fighting chance to survive, they won't."

"I'll do all I can to get rid of the income tax, while they want to keep the IRS cozy and well-funded. They won't fundamentally change anything."

"I've been consistent for 30 years; the only thing consistent about these guys is how often they change their positions."

"I'll protect your right to privacy, they can't wait to invade it."

"I'll repeal the NDAA and I'll protect the internet and keep it free, they won't do any of that."

"Our active duty military troops support me with donations overwhelmingly over these guys, what does that tell you?"

"Would I support the nominee? Only if I'm the nominee."

"Why don't you ask Newt and Rick about electability? They didn't even get on the ballot in a bunch of BIG states. I did."

"Not only do I think I can win the nomination, I EXPECT TO."

"Of course we'll be in Florida. We'll fight hard in every state, spend money in every state, and I'll visit as many towns as I can in every state. Every state we fight to the finish."

"I need your support, I need your vote to win, I need your help. Give me a fair shake, and I think you'll stick with me if you do."

The Third Party Question Destroyed in One Sound Bite:

"Maybe Newt or Mitt should run third party, since they don't have any crossover support. I get tremendous support from Democrats and independents, and they don't, and you can't win without it. YOU CAN'T WIN THE PRESIDENCY WITHOUT IT. I'll beat Obama, the polls show it -- they can't."

"Mitt can't beat Obama. Newt can't. I can. The polls prove it. My cross-section of support proves it. My positions which are shared by both Democrats, Republicans and ALL Americans proves it."

"My positions are shared by conservatives, moderates and liberals alike. Why run third party when I can win the whole thing as the GOP nominee? Seems easier to me."

(Should be the response to every "third party" question, EVERY TIME, NO EXCEPTIONS!).

SIMPLIFY the message, hammer the points home:

Ron Paul's nuanced debate answers need to be book-ended with sound bites. Did you see how much people LOVED Herman Cain? His entire campaign was based on three NUMBERS, "9 9 9". That's it! Put it in simpler language, and the public will connect with it. SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY and DEAL with the issues the campaign has FAILED to re-frame.

We also have to be MORE aggressive and contrast with Mitt and Newt more. Ron Paul has to say repeatedly, "These guys aren't conservatives, I am." Over and over! NOW!

CaptUSA
01-24-2012, 09:31 AM
"They all want to be in charge of the power and are trying to convince you they'll use the power wisely. I want to give the power back to you."

"I'm lucky enough to be part of a movement in this country - the freedom movement. This movement has grown to the size that no candidate will win without their support. And these people will not be fooled again. Instead of trying to trick them to gain their support, why not vote for the candidate they already support. Better yet, why not join their cause!"

"The economy is a ship heading towards the rocks at break-neck speed. The other candidates say they want to slow this ship down, but I'm the only one who understands that we need to turn this ship around!"

(That last one is pretty timely, don't ya think?)

Tamasaburo
01-24-2012, 09:34 AM
The campaign has been unable to re-frame the "third party" question, the electability question, the foreign policy question. It MUST be fixed now, or we lose. ...

Put it in forth-grader language, and the public will connect with it. SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY and DEAL with the issues the campaign has FAILED to re-frame.
NOW!

Seconded.

Tamasaburo
01-24-2012, 09:35 AM
"Maybe Newt or Mitt should run third party, since they don't have any crossover support. I get tremendous support from Democrats and independents, and they don't, and you can't win without it. I'll beat Obama, the polls show it -- they can't."

Especially like this one. Good way to turn this incessant question around on the other guys.

ronpaulnevada
01-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Obama won the presidency with a platform that consisted literally of two words, one was "hope", the other was "change". Simple messages, re-framing of negative attacks, sound-bites and constantly distinguishing yourself from everyone else ("those guys, these guys, they") is KEY. It MUST be done right. And this campaign has failed consistently to get a clue. Hate to be negative on them, but wow, a competent campaign manager would have figured this stuff out BEFORE the campaign even started.

"Ok, what are our weakest points? Foreign policy is number one. Gotta re-frame it."

"Ok, they're making a fuss about electability, but our poll numbers vs Obama are stellar. And wow, we just got 18% of the Democratic vote in the Democratic NH primary. We can use that."

JJ2
01-24-2012, 03:28 PM
I agree with this thread totally. I urge the campaign to listen to us. Bring in a professional campaign strategist if you have to--if they try to compromise the message, fire them! But just continuing the status quo is not working. For a campaign that is all about getting rid of the status quo, they need to realize they must get rid of the status quo of the campaign itself!

sillvergirl
01-30-2012, 04:46 PM
People are too busy or too apathetic or too simple-minded to understand complex subjects.We need to boil down the main points to simple messages.

" End the FED...or your money goes DEAD." " Corporate/warfare state ....destroys your welfare fate "

Government "health care" is a patient's "nightmare" !

" Peace State ....or ....Police State ?" " EARN your money....so feds can BURN your money ? "

" FREEDOM....NOT.....FIEFDOM !"