PDA

View Full Version : New ideas for Ron Paul campaign

ILUVRP
01-24-2012, 09:06 AM
i know everyone is for free trade ( i like fair trade ) , one thing i keep posting is the fact that crude oil /heating oil/gasoline futures are traded on our exchanges. crude oil is the only commodity in the world that is mainly controled by a cartel . there have been studies that state 40% of the crude is controled by spec's , i also blame opec.

buying crude futures is a no brainer , opec will never let the price go down to where it belongs ( i think $40/ba ) , think about how much money would be in the avg americans pocket if gasoline/heating oil/diesel fuel was at $1.50/ga where it belongs.

my answer would be to limit none headgers to 100 contracts , i would raise margin to 75% of contract value , i would make all contracts for delivery only , that is if you buy a contract you must take delivery.

think about it , what if the arab countries had most of the corn/wheat/soybeans and controled the supply .

this should be one of RP'S talking points.

ILUVRP
01-28-2012, 07:02 AM
they were talking on tv this morning about the price of gasoline going to $5/ga before years end.

using the above idea Ron Paul should jump all over this.

no commodity that effects every american that is under control of a cartel should trade on our exchanges.

where is the free market ?

lauren
01-28-2012, 03:55 PM
I think the Paul campaign should take a look at Buddy Roemer's ideas on safe fracking or safe ways to get natural gas. He has some great ideas. I follow him on twitter and he has only nice things to say about Ron Paul and agrees with him on just about everything....the rest of the candidates he really let's them have it! While I'm writing this, I'm thinking Buddy would be the perfect choice for Ron Paul's running mate!

http://newtopiamagazine.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/exclusive-interview-with-presidential-candidate-buddy-roemer/

ILUVRP
01-29-2012, 08:11 AM
i agree with the fracking , we should go all out on this , but it still doesn't address the crude oil trading , when the price is controlled somewhat by a cartel and big specs.

if the price of crude/gas/heating oil/diesel fuel we not controled and where supply/demand set the price every consumer would have about $300 a month ( truckers would save much more ) more to spend when crude went to $40-50/ba where it belongs.

but no one seems to care , i guess they would care if the arabs controlled the supply of corn/wheat/soy beans and the price of food was twice as high as it is now.