PDA

View Full Version : The FL Mitt vs Newt Civil War is gonna take a high toll...

wgadget
01-24-2012, 05:57 AM
On the way home from work, I listened to Hugh Hewitt's radio show last night. The war between Mitt and Newt is already on and it's going to cause a lot of damage to the GOP. The two pundits I heard were
absolutely scathing against the guy who was not their candidate. They sounded like they literally hated each other.

This one is gonna cause a rift bigger than the rift between the libertarians and the rest of the GOP. Get your popcorn... FL is gonna be a long knock-down drag-out. I wonder how many will come to Ron because he looks like the sane one? He's wise to sit it out.

Just my humble opinion.

cindy25
01-24-2012, 06:18 AM
they won't come to him because of sanity; but because the others will look so bad, so corrupt.

but come they will

Steve-in-NY
01-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Following the narrative, heres your choices:

1. Romney, the definition of politician. Will say anything to get you to agree with him. Will change positions on a whim to gain a political edge. Polls well against Obama.

2. Gingrich, the definition of corruption. Will lie, cheat and steal to benefit himself, regardless of politics - and has a record of doing so over and over again going back decades to back it up. Polls horribly against Obama.

3. Santorum, the definition of hate. Wants to start wars on a whim, and extend any wars we currently have. Hates gays, etc. Also voted one of the top most corrupt politicians in Washington, which is saying a lot. Polls horribly against Obama.

4. Paul, whose foreign policy of peace and respect you cant get behind for whatever reason. Polls well against Obama.

Theres your choice, GOP voters. Sleep well.

CaptUSA
01-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Yeah, the same thing happened with Obama and Hillary. You'd be surprised how fast the establishment can mend fences.

Sure there will be some scars, but in the end, they really just want the power.

Only Ron Paul is trying to give the power back to the people.

Aratus
01-24-2012, 08:22 AM
ron paul is the less jingoistic alternate to newt and mitt
the economy is going to drive the dialogue this election

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-24-2012, 08:23 AM
I really, really hope that people are not trying to get their hopes up for Florida.

Cutlerzzz
01-24-2012, 08:24 AM
There is absolutely no difference between the two.

TARP? Both supported it.

Cap and Trade? Both supported it.

Federal health insurance mandate? Both supported it.

Iraq War? Both supported it.

The list goes on. This entire debate between Newt and Romney is laughable. I can't believe anyone would buy into it.

wgadget
01-24-2012, 08:29 AM
I really, really hope that people are not trying to get their hopes up for Florida.

No, that's not it. It's more of a shaking-our-heads-at-the-hatred in the GOP. There are supposedly three branches: the "conservatives", the moderates and the libertarians. In FL, we will watch the war between the "conservatives" and the moderates.

Meanwhile, the libertarians will be looking better all the time.

oyarde
01-24-2012, 12:33 PM
I am looking forward to getting onto what is after Florida.

angrydragon
01-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Great ad!!!

1. Romney, the definition of politician. Will say anything to get you to agree with him. Will change positions on a whim to gain a political edge. Polls well against Obama.

2. Gingrich, the definition of corruption. Will lie, cheat and steal to benefit himself, regardless of politics - and has a record of doing so over and over again going back decades to back it up. Polls horribly against Obama.

3. Santorum, the definition of hate. Wants to start wars on a whim, and extend any wars we currently have. Hates gays, etc. Also voted one of the top most corrupt politicians in Washington, which is saying a lot. Polls horribly against Obama.

4. Paul, whose foreign policy of peace and respect you cant get behind for whatever reason. Polls well against Obama.

InTradePro
01-24-2012, 12:46 PM

No, it's about the national vote. As Romney - Gringrich throw mud then some of it sticks.

seapilot
01-24-2012, 02:11 PM
No, it's about the national vote. As Romney - Gringrich throw mud then some of it sticks.

Most elections are not about who people really want but the one that looks the least bad of the bunch. The whole voting for the lessor of evils or so to speak.

Shane Harris
01-24-2012, 02:23 PM

Yeah we're getting at least a distant third. probably fourth. We need to be okay with that because it's reality. Strategy is not focusing on the ironic home of the fountain of youth

acptulsa
01-24-2012, 06:46 PM

Don't forget:

Romney's private sector experience--chopping up U.S. employers down on their luck and selling off the pieces for profit before they have a chance to recover.

Gingrich's 'private sector' experience--lobbying and peddling influence.

Santorum's private sector experience--does he have an ounce of it?

Paul's private sector experience--delivered over four thousand babies and has former patients begging him to go back into practice to this day.

RickyJ
01-24-2012, 06:52 PM

If you don't shoot for the stars you will never make it there. We got to believe to convince others to believe and the chain reaction will give us the victory!

Keep the chant going: "President Paul!"

moderate libertarian
01-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Cool, two neocons infighting can't be too bad.
This is winner takes all electioneering, not very democratic IMO. Libertarian folks hopefully are looking at next caucus states and not investing too much energy in FL.