PDA

View Full Version : 3 consecutive debates without single question on debt/deficit: dramatic impact solution

Liberty1789
01-24-2012, 05:23 AM
According to exit polls, voters concerned by budget defict were 34% in IA, 24% in NH, 22% in SC: steady fall as the issue is not even raised in debates.

To compound Paul's slippage here, he was 1st amongst those people concerned in IA (with 28%), 2nd in NH and 3rd in SC (with 19%).

Not even debating it once, Gingrich went from last (with 12%) in IA to first in SC (with 45%)!

How can such a battle be lost?

Paul must not allow the debt/deficit issue not to be tackled head on during debates. Whatever the moderator is asking for, switch to this. There is no bigger issue for the USA today. None.

Now the high impact.

Sen. Davies on the campaign trail was mentioning the $100tn unfunded liabilities of the US Government. Rep. Robideaux in his endorsement's press release mentions the same number. (With US houshold's overall net worth estimated at $57tn, that is such a scary number by the way)

How do you find $100tn? Here is how governments find $100tn:

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-RK580_zimbab_E_20120118031245.jpg

Ron Paul needs to brandish one of those banknotes at every debate. At every opportunity. It will become as famous as Cain's 9-9-9 in an instant.

IDefendThePlatform
01-24-2012, 05:37 AM
Great post. Agree 100%

In that same vein, foxandfriends just asked of people cared about hearing about Romney's taxes. I of course tweeted them back about Ron Paul. Let them know what you think, or just retweet mine:
https://twitter.com/tonystuntz/status/161773705314308097

CaptUSA
01-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Just as the media can direct the public towards a candidate, they can also shape the issues that matter to people.

After all, it must not be that important if the media isn't talking about it...

I, too, wish Paul would call out the media on their game.

"You mean, with all the issues facing this country, with the debt that is crippling this economy, with real inflation steadily rising and millions of people out of work because of it, you people in the media want to talk about one person's tax returns or another one's infidelities?!! What is your motive here? To take American's eyes off the serious issues?! The rest of these guys are willing to play this game because they don't know how to fix the problem or afraid that telling the truth will keep them from being elected. I'm done playing your game!"

This is something the public can sink their teeth into.

IDefendThePlatform
01-24-2012, 05:53 AM
Just as the media can direct the public towards a candidate, they can also shape the issues that matter to people.

After all, it must not be that important if the media isn't talking about it...

I, too, wish Paul would call out the media on their game.

"You mean, with all the issues facing this country, with the debt that is crippling this economy, with real inflation steadily rising and millions of people out of work because of it, you people in the media want to talk about one person's tax returns or another one's infidelities?!! What is your motive here? To take American's eyes off the serious issues?! The rest of these guys are willing to play this game because they don't know how to fix the problem or afraid that telling the truth will keep them from being elected. I'm done playing your game!"

This is something the public can sink their teeth into.

Yes! And then go immediately into talking about how his is the only plan that actually balances the budget.

Liberty1789
01-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Ron Paul just has to ask the camera to zoom in on the banknote as he holds it (it is a rather large one, just perfect): unforgettable EPIC television.

This will go insanely viral.

rpwi
01-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Would like for Paul to explain this...he also has to be specific with numbers so people know what a serious problem this is and that it will require serious corrections.