PDA

View Full Version : Write a letter to the Editor in support of Ron Paul!

Elwar
06-18-2007, 10:38 AM
"I will write a letter to the editor of my local newspaper supporting Ron Paul's presidency but only if 100 other people will do the same."

http://www.pledgebank.com/RPletter2editor

Elwar
07-06-2007, 11:07 AM
We need more people to help out with this. Please sign up!

ARealConservative
07-06-2007, 11:08 AM
I've already done about 200 of them.

So you owe me two letters. :D

FSP-Rebel
07-06-2007, 11:23 AM
I've already done about 200 of them.
:D
Well done boss! Anyways, there's like 20 people signed up including me--wtf? Everyone on this board should've signed in. Since we all live in different locales, we can take a handful of letters and send them out to our individual papers with no brain work whatsoever. Or, copy and paste using the same above method. Come on folks. Great way to make a campaign donation without $$s.

nayjevin
07-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Here's the one I wrote. The paper appears to publish anything decently written, but has yet to publish mine.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4273

ARealConservative
07-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Here's the one I wrote. The paper appears to publish anything decently written, but has yet to publish mine.

You don't even mention Ron Paul by name?

nayjevin
07-06-2007, 11:39 AM
On purpose. I figure they will receive plenty of viewpoints from other Ron Paul supporters (who do mention his name), so I focused on the ideas. (root of the problem). I didn't want to turn people off who might think 'another dam ron paul supporter' and turn their ideas toward the potential of recognizing the internet phenomenon as real.

Elwar
07-06-2007, 01:50 PM

I like it but it looks pretty long for a letter to the editor. It all depends on the newspaper but most papers have only so much room for reader input.

glts
07-06-2007, 01:55 PM
This is my letter to the editor that was published in the Chattanooga Times Free Press. The letter could only be 200 words in length. Make sure when you send your letter it are not over the word limit.

"America has strayed far from the America that our Founding Fathers envisioned. There is hope though! Dr. Ron Paul is running for president. Ron Paul's Congressional voting record speaks for itself at a near 100% pro-Constitution. His refusal to compromise is legendary. Ron Paul has stated that he believes in limited government and that the purpose of government is to protect liberty not to run our lives, run the economy or police the world. When asked recently if it were true that he only voted affirmative on things that could be directly sited from the Constitution, Ron Paul answered “That is true. That is my oath of office. Sometimes it bothers me because there are some things I would like to do and I can’t do because I am not authorized to do it. But I think you have to follow the rule of law and if you can make exceptions for it there is nothing left of the Constitution and I’m afraid that is where we are today.” It would be very hard to find a man or woman in Washington today that would take their oath of office that seriously. Ron Paul is a breath of fresh air. "

RPatTheBeach
07-06-2007, 01:56 PM
I like it but it looks pretty long for a letter to the editor. It all depends on the newspaper but most papers have only so much room for reader input.

Agreed. My local paper has a 150 word max for letters to the editor... at least if you want it to get published, that is.

nayjevin
07-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Online publication has no such limitation at this newspaper. They publish letters as though they are full articles by staff.

I never had any hopes for actual paper publication, I figured it would be near impossible. I guess I should change my mind, since some of you have had success!

surf
07-06-2007, 02:07 PM
i'm 2 for 2 in the major Seattle papers already (one following each of the first two debates). so i'm taking a break so my next one will appear "fresh" to the editors.

i pledge to be back writing in August (probably following the debate)

JohnCrabtree
07-09-2007, 06:48 AM
I'm 2 for three, but it may be due to regular delays. It took two weeks for the

Herald Palladium to publish mine, but they put it in on Memorial Day weekend Sunday edition (25,685 circ)

Kalamazoo Gazette put mine in on Sunday 7/1 after a 1 month delay. Circ. of 73,720.

I'mn still waiting on South Bend Tribune. But I did see a letter from another RP supporter (Greg Sell) on Friday 6/22 with 73,109 circulation.

Elwar
07-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Just wanted to bump this up so that this pledge could pick up a bit more steam. We're 25% away from our goal of having 100 people.

There are plenty of people posting online all day. It'll be a good exercise in moving off the net to write a quick letter to the editor of your local newspaper. It's not that difficult.

honkywill
07-10-2007, 01:19 AM
hell, you don't even have to hop off the net really. most (if not all) papers have email addresses.

Elwar
07-25-2007, 09:50 AM
We're over half way there with one week to go.

If you haven't signed up yet you need to do it now.

http://www.pledgebank.com/RPletter2editor

Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far, this should have a great impact before the straw poll.